Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:05:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 124237 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2009, 11:48:23 AM »

Amen.........more bitter rhetoric......

So predictable.

I knew this was gonna happen once Axl decided to speak out.

For years we've heard the other side of the argument. Axl kept quiet.

Now when he comments on it, he's bitter?  Roll Eyes

I guess Slash has been openly bitter since 1996 then? That's how long he's been talking about Axl and GN'R for!

/jarmo

To be fair, he has said his piece on Slash numerous times now.  It's annoying when Slash talks shit about Axl, but it's just as annoying that whenever you read anything from Axl nowadays, he's reiterating everything he said the last time.  The first couple of times I can understand and was actually defending his right to say it from people because there were years of pent-up feelings that he needed to get out.  But he got it out now, and to repeat himself over and over again, isn't that one of the things Axl criticised Slash for doing in the Billboard interview?

Personally, I'm interested in what the band is doing now, the new members, the new music, the new tours.  I'd like to read an interview with Axl with more information about that and not just complaining about Slash/management/record label, etc.  In short, promoting what he's doing now should take priority over prolonging a feud with someone he hasn't seen for 13 years.
Again, I see where you're coming from and I too would love to hear more about the music and less about Slash.  But you and I are in the minority.  The vast majority would much rather hear about the Slash/Axl relationship and Axl certainly has every right to get his side of the story out there until he feels vindicated.  It's just like when people complain about the setlists at shows they don't attend.  Just because YOU want to hear "Dead Horse" doesn't mean the 10,000 other people at the show do.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2009, 11:48:35 AM »

In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided -- and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better.

Fine ! I don't care about Slash either...Now that the cancer is removed, that nobody gives a damn about the old line-up anymore, could we focus on Chinese Democracy and the ACTUAL BAND ? I mean, seriously ? Last time, Axl said that Chinese Democracy isn't a solo project ( which I agree with ) and now he comes with that kind of answers ?

Who's in the band?

I think we'll go with a combo of who's around and who's on the album for now and worry about that when we get ready to tour.

Is Robin [Finck] in the band?

Last I was aware, he had some interest in touring, though I can't say what that means until then.

So you have two drummers? Will they both tour?

Yes, and who knows?

Huh
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2009, 11:49:10 AM »

Personally, I'm interested in what the band is doing now, the new members, the new music, the new tours.  I'd like to read an interview with Axl with more information about that ...
But Del did ask those questions and Axl did answer them.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2009, 11:53:51 AM »

Axl is THE man. Definitely

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2009, 11:54:27 AM »

I hope this is the last Interview that Axl focuses on the old era. This "interview", along with his recent comments, have given a clear indication to all that are concerned on where he stands with Slash and the old lineup.

Patiently waiting for the new era of gnr to begin
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 11:56:50 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2009, 11:55:10 AM »

Yes, and who knows?

Huh

I guess it hasn't been decided if both Frank and Brain will be on the same tour.

If they do, they'll probably do one leg/week/night each?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2009, 11:57:07 AM »

I hope this is the last Interview that Axl focuses on the old era. The world should know where he satnds by now.

Patiently waiting for the new era of gnr to begin
I would think, though obviously don't know for sure, once the band gets out on the road the focus will be on the present.  At this moment there's no official tour news for the band so Axl seems to be clearing the air in the meantime.  Nothing wrong with that.  Slash has had his say for years.  I know some people would've liked Axl to stay silent about the matters, but it's well within his rights.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2009, 11:57:26 AM »

Yes, and who knows?

Huh

I guess it hasn't been decided if both Frank and Brain will be on the same tour.

If they do, they'll probably do one leg/week/night each?

And it would be awsome with two drumkits on stage!

But i guess thats against "rock n roll rules"

I think it would be awsome..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2009, 11:58:36 AM »

I understand Axl saying whats on his mind about Slash.   its like Jarmo said, the reunion bullshit needs to STOP seriously.

You go on mygnr and its been overrun by this small but very loud group of posters who hijack every single discussion to talk about fairy-tale reunions and make baseless unfair attacks on current members of Guns N' Roses.    Its not only allowed, but condoned by the moderators.    No respect for the present day GnR whatsoever.

its frustrating as a GnR fan to see that bullshit, so I can imagine Axl is even more tired of it.

I too am very much looking forward to putting the past behind us.  

Theres a small group of Slash fans who want to ruin everything for those of us who still care for GnR without Slash.   Bitter fucks, and cancer is a good word for it.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2009, 12:00:18 PM »

I would think, though obviously don't know for sure, once the band gets out on the road the focus will be on the present.  At this moment there's no official tour news for the band so Axl seems to be clearing the air in the meantime.  Nothing wrong with that.  Slash has had his say for years.  I know some people would've liked Axl to stay silent about the matters, but it's well within his rights.
Axl has every right to say what he wants. He chose to hold off over the years so hes just letting it all out now. I personally think he missed the boat on that(in terms of public perception) but he still has the right.

I just want to focus on the new era. But his comments in this interview are a little troubling in regards to that.

I am beginning to think twice about the people who Axl has surrounded himself with over the years.

I understand Axl saying whats on his mind about Slash.   its like Jarmo said, the reunion bullshit needs to STOP seriously.

You go on mygnr and its been overrun by this small but very loud group of posters who hijack every single discussion to talk about fairy-tale reunions and make baseless unfair attacks on current members of Guns N' Roses.    Its not only allowed, but condoned by the moderators.    No respect for the present day GnR whatsoever.

its frustrating as a GnR fan to see that bullshit, so I can imagine Axl is even more tired of it.

I too am very much looking forward to putting the past behind us.   

Theres a small group of Slash fans who want to ruin everything for those of us who still care for GnR without Slash.   Bitter fucks, and cancer is a good word for it.
until they go out there and do stuff people are going to talk about the past. People will always talk about the past. That is what happens when you keep the name... but if you are out there doing your own thing then you will give people something to talk about other than the past.

The "interview" overall was a head scratcher.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 12:09:24 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2009, 12:09:09 PM »

until they go out there and do stuff people are going to talk about the past. People will always talk about the past. That is what happens when you keep the name... but if you are out there doing your own thing then you will give people something to talk about other than the past.

Two tours and an album?

Stop acting like the band hasn't done anything.   Your constant need to find something negative is annoying as fuck.

My point was some gnR sites need to do a little better job of moderating their site.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2009, 12:12:13 PM »

My point was some gnR sites need to do a little better job of moderating their site.

Personally I think each individual GNR site owner should moderate it however they see fit.  That's what Jarmo does.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2009, 12:12:28 PM »

So no Nick Sterling?  Just kidding.  I wonder what would happen if GNR plays the rumored summer dates?  Robin will undoutebly still be with NIN, what if Bucket doesn't want to return?  Do they go with just Richard/Ron or do they try to find someone else?  I doubt Paul would want to tour, but he WAS a big part of the album.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 12:25:40 PM by jarmo » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2009, 12:14:01 PM »

Told u guys when Axl started doing interviews he would talk a bout the old band etc.

So much for the "No Comment" stuff right?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2009, 12:14:35 PM »

Two tours and an album?
I must have missed the tours that supported Chin Dem. Amazing how they did two tours since November. I must be living under a rock

Stop acting like the band hasn't done anything.   Your constant need to find something negative is annoying as fuck.
other than releasing an album what has the band done? In comparison to what 99% of the music industry does after releasing an album, gnr has done nada....

Im not going out of my way to find anything negative. I read what Axl had to say in this "interview" and for the first time after reading an Axl interview, I found myself scratching my head....

Overall, I agree with you on that

But you have to realize that if Axl is going to focus on the old band then so will the fans. Especially the people who still havnt bought into the whole moving on thing. It comes with the territory. That is hy Axl should just say fuck it and promote the new stuff and be positive.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2009, 12:15:57 PM »

I must have missed the tours that supported Chin Dem. Amazing how they did two tours since November. I must be living under a rock

I think he meant the tours they did. Including the one you remember so fondly...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2009, 12:16:59 PM »

I think he meant the tours they did. Including the one you remember so fondly...
The tours they did were not for the album

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2009, 12:19:19 PM »

The tours they did were not for the album

But they kinda promoted the new band didn't they?

I mean, how else could you have fallen in love with Buckethead and GN'R?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2009, 12:19:35 PM »

Told u guys when Axl started doing interviews he would talk a bout the old band etc.

So much for the "No Comment" stuff right?

of course, but he hasn't spoken about it for 12 years like some other might have done

I bet it'll take less 12 years for axl to stop talk about it

I think he deserves to tell his side of every story slash has made up Wink
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2009, 12:19:43 PM »

Overall, I agree with you on that

But you have to realize that if Axl is going to focus on the old band then so will the fans. Especially the people who still havnt bought into the whole moving on thing. It comes with the territory. That is hy Axl should just say fuck it and promote the new stuff and be positive.

Axl is only focusing on it because of the loud ass detractors who keep spreading reunion rumors and refusing to allow GnR fans to discuss their fav band on these forums without hijacking it to be about the old band.   My opinion at least.

If people would stop the reunion bullshit, this interview might have went differently.     This is what is needed to wake people up.

Axl is blunt, and he says he means.   People dont' have to like or agree with it, but at least he's genuine in his words.    Slash is more a media whore who maintains a fake public persona and lies his ass off for the sake of self-promotion and financial gain.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: