Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:50:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 124898 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #320 on: February 28, 2009, 01:59:23 PM »

I'm sorry, is this a VR site?  Am I supposd to be a VR fan to be a member here?    Am I supposed to support GnR if I'm a member here?   There it is.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #321 on: February 28, 2009, 02:00:39 PM »

I'm sorry, is this a VR site?  Am I supposd to be a VR fan to be a member here?    Am I supposed to support GnR if I'm a member here?   There it is.

Considering u have more posts in VR than almost anywhere else............. just saying

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #322 on: February 28, 2009, 02:03:05 PM »

When he talks shit about Slash supporters without realizing that 95 percent of GNR fans still support and love Slash, that is just a bad statement to make and it only  makes him look worse in the public eye.

I'll agree with this statement 100%.  I was a bit disappointed with how much time was devoted to Slash in this last interview. I think calling someone who was such a big part of your band's legacy a "cancer" is a bit of a slap in the face to your fanbase.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #323 on: February 28, 2009, 02:06:22 PM »

What questions? The guitar thing?

For example.

So you don't understand how it would make Axl seem like the asshole for refusing Slash onstage?

Poor guy just wanted to jam and evil Axl denied his request.

Who's made the victim and who's the villain?

Why can't you understand that?

How did I insult u by saying u trying to say who can and who can't be a GNR fan?

You didn't, you tried.

By making up some kind of mocking titles when all I'm doing is telling you my own opinion.

I don't have to prove my fandom of any band to anybody. I know how I feel about things.

I know how you feel about things too.

That's the problem.

When he talks shit about Slash supporters without realizing that 95 percent of GNR fans still support and love Slash, that is just a bad statement to make and it only  makes him look worse in the public eye.

And that number, which I don't know where you got, might not be what it is if it wasn't for all the bullshit.

Another reason, which you don't get, that might explain Axl's feelings.

He's been judged by people who believed all the bullshit.

Could you get back to me on the source you have on Rihanna's upcoming tour and Richard's involvement in it? Thanks.

You seem certain that Richard is dedicated to touring with her for a long period of time. Just curious on your source on that because I'm convinced Richard only tours with other acts when it doesn't collide with GN'R activity.

Axl blamed EVERYBODY for having high expectations for CD. Blamed everyone else, blamed Baz for the 4 album comment when he himself made it WAYYYYY before Baz

Again? Didn't we go through this already?

Why do you keep ignoring everything that's posted and keep repeating your lines?

Baz said they have four albums worth of material. Axl made comment that they don't have that much finished.

Axl saying in 2002 that they're gonna release an album, follow it up with another one and then hopefully a third one doesn't really mean that they have three albums done and ready for release!

You just like to take what Axl said and twist it around so you can point out how wrong he is.

now he comes on and makes a comment comparing a Robin Finck solo to Stevie Ray Vaughn. I am just saying, if that solo DOESN'T live up to that sort of hype, he only has himself to blame for making that statement.

Again!

Didn't I explain to you what "type" could mean?

What is it with you?

Why do you keep ignoring things?

You don't want to read my posts? Stop posting then.

If I say you use "Prince type" spelling doesn't mean I think you're Prince!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 02:11:42 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #324 on: February 28, 2009, 02:13:44 PM »

It isn't bashing Robin it is being honest.

and when axl is honest he's bashing slash?

Is hard rock a hotel?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #325 on: February 28, 2009, 02:14:14 PM »

Considering u have more posts in VR than almost anywhere else............. just saying

no i don't

stop making stupid shit up.  

even if i did, this isn't a VR site.   VR have their own forums and I don't go to those trying to talk about GnR in every VR related thread.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #326 on: February 28, 2009, 02:14:31 PM »

I am an Axl Rose fan. The guys in his band? I don't know them well enough yet to say that I am a hardcore fan. Just look at you guys on the site. A guy comes in, u guys act like they are the greatest whatever. They leave, new guy comes in, it turns into fuck the old guy and this new guy is the greatest thing ever.
no, its new guys come in and we accept and embrace them as fans.   people like you would rather be a detractor because they are replacing your precious $lash.

Robin is my favorite guitar player to ever be in GnR.. that will not change even if he never plays on stage with GnR again.     And if he doesnt' come back, you aren't going to see me trashing his replacement because I happen to prefer Robin.  And I will have an open mind and go see them.   When did you go see the band D?

I just love the attitude that because I love VR and Slash and Duff etc etc, I can't also love CD and Axl.

you can like whatever you like, but when you start bashing the guys in the band now and constantly bringing up ways to mention slash/vr in this section you come across like a troll.    This is about current GnR in the year 2009.. not that fucking top hatted asshole.

Says the king troll of the VR section.

Axl blamed EVERYBODY for having high expectations for CD. Blamed everyone else, blamed Baz for the 4 album comment when he himself made it WAYYYYY before Baz

now he comes on and makes a comment comparing a Robin Finck solo to Stevie Ray Vaughn. I am just saying, if that solo DOESN'T live up to that sort of hype, he only has himself to blame for making that statement.

It isn't bashing Robin it is being honest. To compare a guy's playing to SRV is setting the bar amazingly high and from what I have heard of Robin, I don't think he is anywhere near a SRV level.

That isn't necessarily a slight because there are very few people to ever pick up a guitar on that level.

So when that song hits, if the solo isn't great, it will be the fan's fault for having great expectations.  that is my point.

Yeah, its my fault that GNR canceled their Nashville show that I was going to go to

It is my fault they didn't play in Atlanta.

I agree with everything you are saying. Expect the Finck future solo. Axl is saying it's in a Stevie Ray Vaughn style. Hell one of us could do a solo of any style, shouldn't be compared because Stevie Ray Vaughn stold his style from Robert Johnson and Jimmy Hendrix and they stole there's from elsewheres.

But as far as everything else you are saying. Yes Axl was wrong for dissing on Slash this way. I mean he hasn't talked to Slash since what 1996? I'm sure Slash is a different character. If anything it seems like Slash grew up the last few years and hasn't taken the time to take shots at Axl like the past. Only thing is, Axl is taking the opportunity of doing it X10. It's really childish.

Make your opinion, fine, and use your side of the story but there is NO reason to run the other side down and discredit him and disrespect him musically. As a musician spitting on other peoples skills is a HUGE no no.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #327 on: February 28, 2009, 02:14:38 PM »

so a SRV type solo means what then? When I hear someone say "Such and Such song has a Hendrix like solo" U know what, My expectations are going to be pretty fucking huge. That is my point. Axl is building huge expectations for this now and I just hope it can live up to that, cause if we hear it and people are disappointed by it, it won't be our fault for building it up.

Your whole guitar argument though is based on a hypothetical situation

Slash didn't come into the venue with a guitar, Axl didn't refuse to let him play, so I don't understand what the point of that is?

Did Slash have a guitar trying to get into the venue? Or did he just have a guitar in a hotel lobby he was staying at?

U make it sound like Slash flew to Vegas for the sole purpose of ruining the concert when he was already there on other business.

If Richard isn't committed to the rest of RIhanna's tour, then Ok, i was wrong about that. Is Robin committed to the next NIN tour?

I just found it interesting that Axl really couldn't even answer questions about his own band. 2 drummers?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #328 on: February 28, 2009, 02:16:42 PM »

no i don't

stop making stupid shit up.  

even if i did, this isn't a VR site.   VR have their own forums and I don't go to those trying to talk about GnR in every VR related thread.

Jim Bob, I am honestly not trying to fight with you, but let me say it like this. I hate Van Halen and I hate U2 ok.

In Bad Obsession, i think i have maybe a post or two in each section

U have over 750 posts in the VR section

Im just sayin, I sure as hell wouldn't post 750 times about a band i fucking hate.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #329 on: February 28, 2009, 02:19:24 PM »

I just found it interesting that Axl really couldn't even answer questions about his own band. 2 drummers?

Theres been 2 drummers since summer 2006.   It could be either Frank or Brain.    Brain obviously has senority and played on a lot more of the album so if he wants to be a part of the band on the road, he will probably have that option.  

Im just sayin, I sure as hell wouldn't post 750 times about a band i fucking hate.

I don't hate them.   Not a fan really, but hate is a strong word.    What can I say?   Its a VR section on a GnR board and sometimes its best to argue with VR fans in their own section cuz I don't want to read about $lash when I read GnR threads.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #330 on: February 28, 2009, 02:20:07 PM »

Jim Bob, I am honestly not trying to fight with you, but let me say it like this. I hate Van Halen and I hate U2 ok.

Yeah, but what if Eddie or Bono had come to your house, shit on the floor, and killed your dog like Slash apparently did to some of these people?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #331 on: February 28, 2009, 02:23:34 PM »

It isn't bashing Robin it is being honest.

and when axl is honest he's bashing slash?

Yeah, funny how that works.

People saying how much they dislike Robin's playing is just "their honest opinion" when Axl speaks out, he should shut up.

Hypocrites.

so a SRV type solo means what then? When I hear someone say "Such and Such song has a Hendrix like solo" U know what, My expectations are going to be pretty fucking huge. That is my point. Axl is building huge expectations for this now and I just hope it can live up to that, cause if we hear it and people are disappointed by it, it won't be our fault for building it up.

Well for me it could mean many things, anything from the emotion of the solo, the tone, the style, the technical aspect etc etc.

You just want to have another reason to be able to bash Robin and Axl.

"He said it was gonna be the greatest!"

We both know, you don't need Axl's help to bash Robin.

You don't like him. Period.

So instead of saying "I don't like this solo because I hate Robin", you want to say "Axl said it was gonna be SRV great and it's not, Axl hyped it up too much!".

Your whole guitar argument though is based on a hypothetical situation

And yours isn't?

Answer the question.

Who gets the bad press when your former guitar player shows up in the same venue where the gig is with a guitar and is denied entrance?

If you can answer that question, maybe you can understand the reasons behind the so called paranoia.

So far you've managed not to answer it.

If Richard isn't committed to the rest of RIhanna's tour, then Ok, i was wrong about that. Is Robin committed to the next NIN tour?

You said he was!

And now you're saying you're not so sure.

So in other words, you're guessing and basing your "honest opinion" on nothing more than guesses.  ok

NIN is gonna tour with Jane's Addiction, since they haven't announced any line up changes, it seems reasonable to assume that Robin will do that tour.

Couldn't or didn't want to?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #332 on: February 28, 2009, 02:25:16 PM »

Yeah, but what if Eddie or Bono had come to your house, shit on the floor, and killed your dog like Slash apparently did to some of these people?

Killing my dog is where I cross the line.

I'll be back in a few hours to further discuss this.

so don't think I am running from the argument, I just have some stuff to do.

I just don't like seeing all these headlines "Axl Rose calls Slash a Cancer"

I just think that is going to  cause even more harm to Axl then it will to Slash.

Axl is brutally honest though which is a part of why we all are huge fans of the guy.

Just because I don't always agree with him, doesn't mean I am not an enormous fan

think of anyone u like or admire: do u really agree 100 percent of the time?  Think of your best friend, family, other friends, I don't think u have to agree with them about everything to love and respect them.

that is just what I am getting at.

I would love to see a stickied thread with all the lies Slash has said over the years about Axl. Just to refresh and get some perspective.

I didn't join this forum till 2003 and to be honest, I haven't seen a whole lot of interviews before that year. So if he really spewed some hate filled shit, I'd like to read it.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #333 on: February 28, 2009, 03:00:54 PM »

I would love to see a stickied thread with all the lies Slash has said over the years about Axl. Just to refresh and get some perspective.

I didn't join this forum till 2003 and to be honest, I haven't seen a whole lot of interviews before that year. So if he really spewed some hate filled shit, I'd like to read it.

Why does it have to be hate filled?

You don't think he knows what he's doing?

He just keeps repeating the history as he wants us to remember it. No matter that it's not true.

That went on for years. In addition, stories kept changing.

And you still wonder why Axl isn't happy about the things said about him?

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #334 on: February 28, 2009, 03:02:04 PM »

I just don't like seeing all these headlines "Axl Rose calls Slash a Cancer"

I just think that is going to  cause even more harm to Axl then it will to Slash.
Axl is making the wrong headlines. The focus is on Slash and the old lineup and keeping the new band and album in the backseat.

That is just the wrong way to go if he wants to move on.

But he may not care because maybe these negative headlines will get people to possibly buy CD out of curiosity from all this drama. Id be interested to see how sales do in the next 2 weeks. Not that they will jump but they might bump up a little bit.

Its time for him and the band to start promoting this band and album....but I guess he cant because he doesnt have a lead guitarist to do so. Bucket and Finck have put him in a bad position
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 03:04:29 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #335 on: February 28, 2009, 03:07:45 PM »

Is he lying in his book when he talks about the UYI sessions and how Axl wouldn't show up to them in Chicago or wherever it was?

What about hiring Paul Huge without getting the rest of the band's input?

I think Slash has his share of blame for the breakup and I get where u are coming from how he does make it sound like its all Axl's fault in some of those interviews.

So yeah,Axl does have a right to be mad.

I think he should've came out with his side of the story in 1997 though and shouldn't wait till 12 years later. that is my only thing. I've never blamed Axl entirely for the breakup, I do think he has some blame just like everyone else though, but I just think he'd get further addressing it in a better, less rage filled manner.

That isn't his style though, but this isn't going to help him or change people's minds.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #336 on: February 28, 2009, 03:14:17 PM »

Is he lying in his book when he talks about the UYI sessions and how Axl wouldn't show up to them in Chicago or wherever it was?

Slash?

Lie?

Never.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #337 on: February 28, 2009, 03:16:44 PM »

Axl is making the wrong headlines. The focus is on Slash and the old lineup and keeping the new band and album in the backseat.

Umm, do you think the opposite would've been better? "Axl says GN'R reunion might happen!"..

Last year I remember getting some shit from people because I removed a thread about "Axl meeting Slash in New York".

According to them, it really happened!

Maybe you don't like the headline, but hopefully it'll make that kind of bullshit stories and rumors go away once and for all.

As far as I remember, Axl did show up.

What about hiring Paul Huge without getting the rest of the band's input?

That's how you can look at it if you want to make Slash into the poor victim.

What options did Slash offer to the situation? Did he suggest any guitarists?

So Axl made a decision, turns out Paul wrote a bunch of material on Chinese Democracy.

It always easy to just say "didn't he tell the truth?" when you don't have to take anything into consideration.

Did you ever think that maybe Slash was comfortable with a band that had an unhappy lead singer?

Meaning, maybe he didn't care to try to fix any problems because he was hoping Axl would be the one leaving?

When that didn't happen, he left hoping Axl wouldn't be able to do anything without him. And would be forced to ask him to return.

This is the same guy who wanted GN'R to record his 12 Snakepit songs and when it didn't happen took off to do it on his own.

I think Slash has his share of blame for the breakup and I get where u are coming from how he does make it sound like its all Axl's fault in some of those interviews.

They had issues with their singer in their current band as well.

I think he should've came out with his side of the story in 1997 though and shouldn't wait till 12 years later. that is my only thing.

Well, to be honest, the others have been telling their stories since 1996....

Just because they did so in 1996 hasn't stopped them from continuing.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 03:59:01 PM by jarmo » Logged

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #338 on: February 28, 2009, 03:18:42 PM »

"He wrote that whole bit about not having his guitar in Vegas, I'd assume, to save face. "

What story is Axl refering to here? The two NY shows?

Patiently waiting for the new era of gnr to begin

You're waiting for Jesus, like always Tongue

Just enjoy the band and Axl performing whenever it happens peace

Quote from: Jarmo
Thank you Dr D!

Hahaha, always the best quotes at HTGTH hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #339 on: February 28, 2009, 03:26:16 PM »

"There is the distinct possibility that having his intentions in regard to me so deeply ingrained and his personal though guarded distaste for much of 'Appetite' other than his or Duff's playing, Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after 'Lies.' In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided -- and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

Now that the conclusion axl's reached thus far is told,

I think it's time you decided which side you're on.

Surely you can like any band any artist but your liking their music doesn't mean you have to love them in person, right?
So you can like slash's guitar and not support his deeds.

Yeah no point in taking sides blah blah but if you are commenting on non musical aspects then there's no middle viewpoint between GN'R and the slashers.

Slash?

Lie?

Never.

unfortunate Tod crew, for example.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: