Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:32:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 124949 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #300 on: February 28, 2009, 12:50:17 PM »

Jarmo
Stevie Ray Vaughn is one of probably the 4 or 5 greatest blues guitarist who ever lived.

Putting that kind of pressure on a solo is gonna make it damn near impossible once again to live up to, just like how he talked about having "Big Guns"  and how these songs are only demos but yet the final versions weren't very different.

Could Axl play a gig tomorrow if he wanted to? NO he couldn't and that is the point cause since this band started every member has had so many side bands, I can't keep track.

Richard is out with Rihanna, Robin has been gone with NIN, Tommy has been doing the Soul Asylum thing.

you had 2 members, correct me if I am wrong releasing or working on solo albums while this album is released.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
makane
Legend

« Reply #301 on: February 28, 2009, 12:51:11 PM »

slash wrote nothing but lies and slander about axl in his stupid book.  he went out of his way to make axl look bad, and now he's getting his just desserts.  fuck slash.  fuck him in his lying, black heart.  he is nothing, and the only people who support him any more are only doing so to try and tear down axl and the amazing new music he's made.

Dude, he's only half black. And that's not very nice
I don't think he meant that as a racial slap.

Though he is either super high or needs to get out more (isn't this the guy who wanted to abandon his friends for not liking n-gnr?)

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #302 on: February 28, 2009, 12:53:34 PM »

this isn't the best interview... but it isn't that bad. Axl put up with like 10 years of people talking shit about him... give the guy 10 fucking minutes.

people won't be happy until Axl says "it was all my fault... i miss slash, i love him like a brother... i wish i wasn't so stupid... i can't write without Slash/Izzy... I am a failure. I apologize to everyone... I am a piece of shit, I need the old guns".

It pisses me off that no matter what Axl says... he's always seen as the asshole. ALWAYS. He can never do anything right.

/u can easily replace Axl's name with other former members and that is the way some see.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #303 on: February 28, 2009, 12:55:15 PM »

The truth is somewhere in the middle people. If you believe otherwise you are a fool.

This thread(and the one on my gnr 67+pgs) demonstrates why its in Axls best interest not to talk about the old band....assuming of course  he wants to move on.....

« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 01:01:33 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
makane
Legend

« Reply #304 on: February 28, 2009, 01:01:48 PM »

The truth is somewhere in the middle people. If you believe otherwise you are a fool.

Yeap.

Unfortunately some people have some underlying personal bias (ie. backstage passes) or some sort of need for approval.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #305 on: February 28, 2009, 01:02:45 PM »

I have no problems with Axl sharing his side of the story

The problem is, he doesn't come off very articulate and it just doesn't help him.

If he would simply give his side of the breakup, calmly, reserved like he was talking on Eddie Trunk minus the bashes and insults and the slagging off on some of the greatest rock material ever recorded, people would be more open to accepting it.
Some minor bashing on Slash is fine. Calling him a drug addict, a liar etc. Fine, that is cool but when you start insulting a man's talent, that is just crossing the line. No matter what Slash ever said about Axl, he never tried to deny his talent and how amazing he is. Axl comes off like anyone could've been the guitarist for Guns and it wouldn't have mattered and that simply is not true.

He has a right to his opinion but I am here to tell you, Contraband IS a kick ass fucking rock N Roll record and the accolades it received backs that up. It is still one of my fave albums ever and I think the guitar playing kicks ass on it.

I guess the reason people believe Slash is cause there have been various other people with similar stories throughout the years. now is that a conspiracy?  Is everybody lying and only Axl telling the truth?  It also helps when you admit certain faults that you did have which he doesn't do except for saying he takes responsibility for not making UYI better. 

All I know is, Duff, Matt, Steven and Izzy all had no problems playing and collaborating with Slash whereas they all no longer wanted to work with Axl.  Now that is a perception that can't be explained by saying Slash is a liar.  There has to be something to that.

does that mean the breakup was ALL his fault. Absolutely not. I have said from day one I think everyone had an equal share in a lot of it. Problem is, everyone else has admitted to their faults except Axl.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 01:04:21 PM by D » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #306 on: February 28, 2009, 01:07:21 PM »

I have no problems with Axl sharing his side of the story

The problem is, he doesn't come off very articulate and it just doesn't help him.

If he would simply give his side of the breakup, calmly, reserved like he was talking on Eddie Trunk minus the bashes and insults and the slagging off on some of the greatest rock material ever recorded, people would be more open to accepting it.
Some minor bashing on Slash is fine. Calling him a drug addict, a liar etc. Fine, that is cool but when you start insulting a man's talent, that is just crossing the line. No matter what Slash ever said about Axl, he never tried to deny his talent and how amazing he is. Axl comes off like anyone could've been the guitarist for Guns and it wouldn't have mattered and that simply is not true.

He has a right to his opinion but I am here to tell you, Contraband IS a kick ass fucking rock N Roll record and the accolades it received backs that up. It is still one of my fave albums ever and I think the guitar playing kicks ass on it.

I guess the reason people believe Slash is cause there have been various other people with similar stories throughout the years. now is that a conspiracy?  Is everybody lying and only Axl telling the truth?  It also helps when you admit certain faults that you did have which he doesn't do except for saying he takes responsibility for not making UYI better. 

All I know is, Duff, Matt, Steven and Izzy all had no problems playing and collaborating with Slash whereas they all no longer wanted to work with Axl.  Now that is a perception that can't be explained by saying Slash is a liar.  There has to be something to that.

does that mean the breakup was ALL his fault. Absolutely not. I have said from day one I think everyone had an equal share in a lot of it. Problem is, everyone else has admitted to their faults except Axl.

excellent post...

Like I said yesterday....you have throw Axls circle of "friends" into the mix as well...what kind of advice is Axl getting over the past few years? A guy like Del should step up and start giving Axl some concrete advice. This isnt fukin rocket science.

Btw can we have Axl 2000-2006 back?
During that time Axl hinted about how he felt about the old band. Bt he never really dissed their talents and he certainly never attempted to divide the fan base. His message at that time was more along the lines of the past  is the past, lets move on. Ive been saying this for a few yrs now....when Axl came back in 06 he changed...just my observation
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 01:11:25 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #307 on: February 28, 2009, 01:14:02 PM »

Another thing, About the guitar and the Hard Rock

Slash is a guitar player, And I know most guitar players, TAKE their guitars with them on road trips cause hotel rooms get lonely and boring and when you get in your hotel room, u play around on your guitar.

So maybe they saw Slash with a guitar case headed up to his hotel room and for whatever reasons they got freaked out when he probably takes a guitar EVERYWHERE he goes.

what was the guy going to do? run past security with a guitar, jump on stage and start acoustically jamming on his electric?

Please

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #308 on: February 28, 2009, 01:18:10 PM »

Jarmo
Stevie Ray Vaughn is one of probably the 4 or 5 greatest blues guitarist who ever lived.

Putting that kind of pressure on a solo is gonna make it damn near impossible once again to live up to, just like how he talked about having "Big Guns"  and how these songs are only demos but yet the final versions weren't very different.

Seriously.

You're just using the quote to put the band down.

"Robin does a really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo "

Does it say it's as great as SRV?

It says type!

Could Axl play a gig tomorrow if he wanted to? NO he couldn't and that is the point cause since this band started every member has had so many side bands, I can't keep track.

Richard is out with Rihanna, Robin has been gone with NIN, Tommy has been doing the Soul Asylum thing.

How do you know he couldn't?

First off, you're info is dated. You keep repeating it like it's always the case.

Like GN'R is just Richard's side project.

To quote Depeche Mode "Wrong!".

In case you've been in complete isolation lately, Rihanna isn't touring. She's got other things to deal with.

Stop repeating this bullshit that everybody in GN'R is busy elsewhere.

The only one who is scheduled to play with another band through the summer is Robin. That situation has been addressed by Axl already.

Btw can we have Axl 2000-2006 back?

Can we have Younggunner 2001 back?

As soon as I point out the stupidity in your posts, you get defensive and start telling me to make up my mind and stop with the word games.

Well, haven't you noticed that people change?

Axl in 2006 wasn't necessarily the same person he was six years earlier.

Neither were you. Or I.

You want the old Axl back? Well, too bad Slash decided to put out a book in... Let's see.. 2007! Can you build a time machine and make sure it's never published?

By the way, if you want to compare, the 2006 Axl seemed to have a lot more fun than the 2002 Axl. Sorry.....

During that time Axl hinted about how he felt about the old band. Bt he never really dissed their talents and he certainly never attempted to divide the fan base. His message at that time was more along the lines of the past  is the past, lets move on.

Yeah, selective memory.

Remember when he told a crowd about how hard he had to work to get those guys to record certain songs?

Remember when he said Slash was in his ass?

Funny how even Slash seems to think the guitar playing on that album is lacking....

D, nice of you to try to make this into a VR fan thread. What the fuck does Contraband have to do with anything?

GN'R never won a Grammy. I guess it means Appetite For Destruction can't be as great as Contraband!

Roll Eyes

All this time you try to fool us into thinking you're a GN'R fan.

You're a fan of the old band, I get that. But to try to act like you're a fan of the current band, please.

It seems like you're a VR fan who enjoys some new GN'R songs.

Another thing, About the guitar and the Hard Rock

Nice.

Slash showing up with a guitar is like an ambush.

"He just wanted to play and Axl said no!" Who does that make seem like the asshole?

That's right, the same guy you're attacking: Axl!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 01:42:14 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #309 on: February 28, 2009, 01:22:19 PM »

No, It isn't comparing CB to Appetite, but it just proves that he isn't some dude living off his past, wasting away his talents and not doing anything. You don't have that success by mailing it in and living off past glories.

I am a huge VR fan, that doesn't get in the way of how much I like Chinese Democracy cause I view them as separate albums. I don't feel I have to love one more than the other to be a fan of either.

I'd like some more info on that.

Did Slash have a guitar going into a hotel? Or did he have it around his neck at the door trying to get into the club?

Cause one thing signals another.

If he had it trying to get into the show. Yeah, that is fucked up

If people saw him with a guitar case in a hotel lobby, that is just being paranoid.

Rihanna's tour is ON HOLD. Once she recovers, she will be back out and guess who will be playing guitar?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #310 on: February 28, 2009, 01:27:02 PM »

No, It isn't comparing CB to Appetite, but it just proves that he isn't some dude living off his past, wasting away his talents and not doing anything. You don't have that success by mailing it in and living off past glories.

Well you managed to mention all the accolades that album got. A Grammy Award is one I think?

Just saying, GN'R didn't win one. It's not a seal of quality...

I am a huge VR fan, that doesn't get in the way of how much I like Chinese Democracy cause I view them as separate albums. I don't feel I have to love one more than the other to be a fan of either.

I'd like some more info on that.

Info on trying to act like a huge GN'R supporter when a lot of people see through you?

Did Slash have a guitar going into a hotel? Or did he have it around his neck at the door trying to get into the club?

Cause one thing signals another.

If he had it trying to get into the show. Yeah, that is fucked up

If people saw him with a guitar case in a hotel lobby, that is just being paranoid.

Paranoid or not, you didn't address what I said.

Answer this: Slash shows up in Las Vegas with a guitar when GN'R are about to play their first show without him, he gets denied to enter the premises. Who does it make seem like the evil asshole?

Rihanna's tour is ON HOLD. Once she recovers, she will be back out and guess who will be playing guitar?

Please tell me.

Since Richard only had the February dates on his web site.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #311 on: February 28, 2009, 01:30:24 PM »

Remember when he told a crowd about how hard he had to work to get those guys to record certain songs?

Remember when he said Slash was in his ass?
nothing wrong with that comment at all.

Well, haven't you noticed that people change?
unfortunately if this is the theme that we are going to get in every interview then hes changed for the worse

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #312 on: February 28, 2009, 01:33:20 PM »

unfortunately if this is the theme that we are going to get in every interview then hes changed for the worse

Well if that's your opinion, I think you haven't paid attention.

Axl has always spoken his mind.

There's even a few lines about it on an album that was released in 1991.  ok

/jarmo

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #313 on: February 28, 2009, 01:35:49 PM »

slash wrote nothing but lies and slander about axl in his stupid book.  he went out of his way to make axl look bad, and now he's getting his just desserts.  fuck slash.  fuck him in his lying, black heart.  he is nothing, and the only people who support him any more are only doing so to try and tear down axl and the amazing new music he's made.

Dude, he's only half black. And that's not very nice
I don't think he meant that as a racial slap.

Though he is either super high or needs to get out more (isn't this the guy who wanted to abandon his friends for not liking n-gnr?)

Yeah, I was joking. And I'm continually amazed at how pissed off people get over this.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #314 on: February 28, 2009, 01:40:52 PM »

Axl is generating the wrong headlines. All the focus is on old gnr and Axl and not the album and the new band.

Maybe that is his strategy but if he wants people to focus on the new era than hes doing a horrific job....and thats where his friends need to step up

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #315 on: February 28, 2009, 01:41:58 PM »

There you go again Jarmo. Acting like the official Fan Club spokesman for GNR and like it is your God Given right to proclaim who is a fan and who isn't.

I am an Axl Rose fan. The guys in his band? I don't know them well enough yet to say that I am a hardcore fan. Just look at you guys on the site. A guy comes in, u guys act like they are the greatest whatever. They leave, new guy comes in, it turns into fuck the old guy and this new guy is the greatest thing ever.

I don't work that way. I build admiration for artists over time and by learning about them and their personalities as well as their music and how i relate to them. Seeing as we haven't been exposed alot to the newer members, I haven't developed that kind of bond with any of them.  I think Ron is a very talented, very awesome guy and the more time goes by and the more band stuff GNR do, I feel I could get into him, I like Tommy, I have always said pittman would be the MVP of the new members.

Buckethead was awesome.

I don't have much for Robin or Richard only because I don't like Robin's style and Richard just hasn't done enough to make me turn into a fan yet. he has some decent stage presence but that alone doesn't make me a die hard fan.

I just love the attitude that because I love VR and Slash and Duff etc etc, I can't also love CD and Axl.

I don't agree with everything my favorite band or artist does, doesn't make me less of a fan because I have my own opinions about things.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #316 on: February 28, 2009, 01:48:00 PM »

There you go again Jarmo. Acting like the official Fan Club spokesman for GNR and like it is your God Given right to proclaim who is a fan and who isn't.

That's right, try to insult me when you got nothing better to say.

It's my opinion. Get it?

Just like it's your twisted opinion that SRV-type means it's gonna sound as great as SRV himself would've played it.

And Robin could not do that since he's not Slash (your idol).

I don't have much for Robin or Richard only because I don't like Robin's style and Richard just hasn't done enough to make me turn into a fan yet. he has some decent stage presence but that alone doesn't make me a die hard fan.

And yet you act like you can judge Robin's still unreleased solos already by twisting Axl's words around...

I just love the attitude that because I love VR and Slash and Duff etc etc, I can't also love CD and Axl.

No, that's not the attitude.

It comes from reading what you say. And what you don't say.

You don't want to spend any time on trying to understand Axl, while you have a great deal of understanding for Slash.

By the way, still waiting for the answers to my questions.

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #317 on: February 28, 2009, 01:50:03 PM »

I am an Axl Rose fan. The guys in his band? I don't know them well enough yet to say that I am a hardcore fan. Just look at you guys on the site. A guy comes in, u guys act like they are the greatest whatever. They leave, new guy comes in, it turns into fuck the old guy and this new guy is the greatest thing ever.
no, its new guys come in and we accept and embrace them as fans.   people like you would rather be a detractor because they are replacing your precious $lash.

Robin is my favorite guitar player to ever be in GnR.. that will not change even if he never plays on stage with GnR again.     And if he doesnt' come back, you aren't going to see me trashing his replacement because I happen to prefer Robin.  And I will have an open mind and go see them.   When did you go see the band D?

you can like whatever you like, but when you start bashing the guys in the band now and constantly bringing up ways to mention slash/vr in this section you come across like a troll.    This is about current GnR in the year 2009.. not that fucking top hatted asshole.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #318 on: February 28, 2009, 01:54:13 PM »

What questions? The guitar thing?

Slash shows up at a hotel with a guitar case, a guy Axl later bashes is one of the witnesses?

I don't get it

Did Slash come TO the venue with a guitar? If so, that was stupid and wrong of Slash and he is the dick for doing that.

If he just had a guitar case in a hotel lobby in Vegas and people got paranoid and freaked out, that is just paranoia.

How did I insult u by saying u trying to say who can and who can't be a GNR fan?

I don't have to prove my fandom of any band to anybody. I know how I feel about things.

If being a fan means I have to believe 100 percent of what Axl says, then I guess I am not a fan.

When he talks shit about Slash supporters without realizing that 95 percent of GNR fans still support and love Slash, that is just a bad statement to make and it only  makes him look worse in the public eye.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #319 on: February 28, 2009, 01:57:46 PM »

no, its new guys come in and we accept and embrace them as fans.   people like you would rather be a detractor because they are replacing your precious $lash.

Robin is my favorite guitar player to ever be in GnR.. that will not change even if he never plays on stage with GnR again.     And if he doesnt' come back, you aren't going to see me trashing his replacement because I happen to prefer Robin.  And I will have an open mind and go see them.   When did you go see the band D?

you can like whatever you like, but when you start bashing the guys in the band now and constantly bringing up ways to mention slash/vr in this section you come across like a troll.    This is about current GnR in the year 2009.. not that fucking top hatted asshole.

Says the king troll of the VR section.

Axl blamed EVERYBODY for having high expectations for CD. Blamed everyone else, blamed Baz for the 4 album comment when he himself made it WAYYYYY before Baz

now he comes on and makes a comment comparing a Robin Finck solo to Stevie Ray Vaughn. I am just saying, if that solo DOESN'T live up to that sort of hype, he only has himself to blame for making that statement.

It isn't bashing Robin it is being honest. To compare a guy's playing to SRV is setting the bar amazingly high and from what I have heard of Robin, I don't think he is anywhere near a SRV level.

That isn't necessarily a slight because there are very few people to ever pick up a guitar on that level.

So when that song hits, if the solo isn't great, it will be the fan's fault for having great expectations.  that is my point.

Yeah, its my fault that GNR canceled their Nashville show that I was going to go to

It is my fault they didn't play in Atlanta.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 01:59:53 PM by D » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: