Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 07:39:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 125162 times)
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #200 on: February 27, 2009, 09:18:22 PM »

I liked how he got into the tech side of the guitars and drums. Very interesting. I'd like to hear Chris talk about that stuff a bit more. He has a great musical mind and with Axl, make a great team.
I hope the next interview with Axl focuses a bit more on that side of things. Love reading about it.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #201 on: February 27, 2009, 09:31:09 PM »

BOTH Axl and Slash have been and always will be an influence in my life. I was disappointed in reading this interview. I think Axl bashed Slash too much. I would like to see him focus more on CD, touring, the band, marketing the album, and putting out another album. I agree with D and youngergunner regarding this interview. I think Axl has the right to express his side of the story. However, I think there are always three sides to EVERYONE's story. Furthermore, there comes a time when you have to accept responsibility and accountability. Axl is  a 46 years old man and it just seems like he has not done so after reading this interview. I was surprised by his comments on Izzy and Duff as well.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 09:54:37 PM by draguns » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #202 on: February 27, 2009, 10:26:06 PM »

Damn, some people take this Guns N' Roses crap way too seriously!
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #203 on: February 27, 2009, 10:40:58 PM »

maybe Axl was having a bad day
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #204 on: February 27, 2009, 10:58:33 PM »

maybe Axl is just sick and tired of all those GNR "fans" that won't accept that there will NEVER be a reunion

maybe Axl hopes that if he says straight out, plain and simple, that "one will die before a reunion would happen" and "he's a cancer" that people will FINALLY STOP spinning that into somehow he's leaving the door open

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Annie
« Reply #205 on: February 27, 2009, 11:03:17 PM »

They are now showing this interview on AOL.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #206 on: February 27, 2009, 11:10:15 PM »

By "showing" you mean it's just posted there like it is here, right?  There's no video of it or anything like that, right?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Annie
« Reply #207 on: February 27, 2009, 11:11:02 PM »

By "showing" you mean it's just posted there like it is here, right?  There's no video of it or anything like that, right?
Right, I meant posted.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #208 on: February 27, 2009, 11:11:22 PM »

Really sounded like Axl was having a bad day.  Doesn't sound like a man who has a passion for what he is doing which is so unlike the way Axl has sounded in the past.

Baz needs to call Axl and take him away some where.  Seems like the only time in that interview he perked up.

AOL has the same story, better picture.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #209 on: February 27, 2009, 11:23:15 PM »

Really sounded like Axl was having a bad day.  Doesn't sound like a man who has a passion for what he is doing which is so unlike the way Axl has sounded in the past.

OY FUCKIN VEY!!!  HE'S TRYING TO TELL YOU TO GET OVER THE PAST!!!

"the people keep talking about it as if it's the end of the earth ... it's only a rock group that split up ... it's nothing important .. you know ... you have all the old records there if you wanna reminisce"   - John Lennon

Annie
« Reply #210 on: February 27, 2009, 11:32:44 PM »

OY FUCKIN VEY!!!  HE'S TRYING TO TELL YOU TO GET OVER THE PAST!!!

"the people keep talking about it as if it's the end of the earth ... it's only a rock group that split up ... it's nothing important .. you know ... you have all the old records there if you wanna reminisce"   - John Lennon
Thankyou for posting that, I was thinking the same thing this morning and I couldn't remember the exact quote.  ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #211 on: February 27, 2009, 11:33:35 PM »

The more I read the past couple of interviews, I just don't think it is healthy for Axl to have this kind of animosity on his chest. He needs to find a way to get over the past cause he seems consumed by it in a lot of ways.

If he wants to repair whatever damage has been done to his reputation, there are a whole lot better ways than these tirade interviews.

I still would love to know exactly what it was Slash did cause from interviews I've read, Izzy and everybody else has been just as negative.

What bothers me is, Slash in 2009 isn't necessarily the Slash from 1996 or even 2004.

He has apologized many times in the press and has taken fault for a lot of his mistakes.

Axl doesn't have to reunite with him, but forgive and move on.

If he thinks it was SLash's "Lies" that damaged his rep... I'd say his rep was damaged WAY before that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #212 on: February 27, 2009, 11:34:04 PM »

maybe Axl is just sick and tired of all those GNR "fans" that won't accept that there will NEVER be a reunion

maybe Axl hopes that if he says straight out, plain and simple, that "one will die before a reunion would happen" and "he's a cancer" that people will FINALLY STOP spinning that into somehow he's leaving the door open
yeah and maybe some of the people that interview him should stop gettin into the same shit over and over, I just dont know why Del James came up with the same question, couldnt he think in something better?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #213 on: February 27, 2009, 11:38:43 PM »

I feel bad that Axl Rose has had to go through all this shit...People just judge him and call him an "asshole who destroyed GNR" and shit like that, but you can clearly see this shit has not been easy on him.  I couldnt even begin to fathom how difficult the past 15 years have been and apparently 20 years since it seems that these problems with Slash have always been there...I think a lot of people are really only interested in their own entertainment, thus the reason some people keep pushing for a reunion...All I can say is I have been following GNR since the early 90's and "Chinese Democracy" has been worth every second of the wait...Axl has put together a great, inventive, innovative album..whereas Slash keeps throwing out recycled riffs and posing for photographs with Fergie....I am glad that my loyalty has been on the right side all of these years... ok
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #214 on: February 27, 2009, 11:48:02 PM »

Thanks for posting. Good read as always.

It's good axl set bach straight lol.  ok

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #215 on: February 27, 2009, 11:53:41 PM »

The more I read the past couple of interviews, I just don't think it is healthy for Axl to have this kind of animosity on his chest. He needs to find a way to get over the past cause he seems consumed by it in a lot of ways.

If he wants to repair whatever damage has been done to his reputation, there are a whole lot better ways than these tirade interviews.

I still would love to know exactly what it was Slash did cause from interviews I've read, Izzy and everybody else has been just as negative.

What bothers me is, Slash in 2009 isn't necessarily the Slash from 1996 or even 2004.

He has apologized many times in the press and has taken fault for a lot of his mistakes.

Axl doesn't have to reunite with him, but forgive and move on.

If he thinks it was SLash's "Lies" that damaged his rep... I'd say his rep was damaged WAY before that.

What makes you think you have any idea what he has had to deal with?

If you don't have any idea about it, what makes you think you have the "solution"?

Maybe it's just not as simple as reading a few interviews with lies?

Maybe something a person said in 1996 comes back to haunt you in 2006? How would you feel if you had shit thrown at you for years?

Maybe you have a bunch of so called fans against you because of all the shit that has been said about you for years?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #216 on: February 27, 2009, 11:58:26 PM »

What a completely unnecessary interview.

I'm on Axl's side with the whole Slash thing and I agree with everything he says - but he lets Slash win by talking like this and he just sounds bitter.

Sad. I thought there was a reason he stayed silent - it's called "having class and being the bigger man".

Also, the longwinded legalese answers have gotta go. He's not a lawyer or a politician. He's not even a high school graduate.

Stick to creating music and touring, buddy!  beer

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #217 on: February 28, 2009, 12:02:23 AM »

There comes a time u have to just sweep the shit under the rug and move on with your life. Life is too short to be consumed with bitterness and hatred.

If Axl is 100 percent right, he is still letting those people win by allowing them to get under his skin like that. His last two interviews, he has sounded very upset etc and no person should carry that much around on their chest.

what's done is done, he can give 2 thousand more interviews, it won't change a thing. It also isn't like whatever Slash said is the reason he gets hated on etc so much.

That is most of my problem with this. no accountability whatsoever.

Like it was the people in Vancouver's fault, the guy in ST Louis' fault, the sound system in Montreal's fault, Philly's fault

It was bucket's fault a tour got canceled, its Baz' fault people think there are more albums, it's Slash's fault the old band broke up, its always somebody else.

When Izzy leaves and calls u Hitler in an interview, when Slash quits, Duff Quits.... U know, u may need to look in the mirror and ask yourself why?

Its like we are suppose to believe the entire world has a personal vendetta against the guy and he is just an innocent victim in all of this and I just don't buy that.

I mean can we get a little accountability here? Surely no one believes he is 100 percent blame free in anything right?

if so, I am gonna have to re examine how I think of some of u seriously.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2009, 12:09:35 AM »

Also, the longwinded legalese answers have gotta go. He's not a lawyer or a politician. He's not even a high school graduate.

Stick to creating music and touring, buddy!  beer

He's intelligent and successful and doesn't need pointers or direction from anyone on here.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2009, 12:14:32 AM »

Its like we are suppose to believe the entire world has a personal vendetta against the guy and he is just an innocent victim in all of this and I just don't buy that.

No, of course you're supposed to think that he's to blame for everything!

You know, stick to the the general idea that everything is his fault...  Roll Eyes

By your logic, if three people leave a group, it has to be the fourth guy's fault.

That's exactly what the problem is. Just because three people repeat the same story doesn't make it the truth.

You should know that.

That is most of my problem with this. no accountability whatsoever.

English, do you speak it?  Tongue

I'm generally blamed for the time it took to release 'Illusions,' but again the reality of my fault would be in not finding a way to manage Slash complete with his addictions and bring both him and Izzy together either similar to 'Appetite' or in some other progression more conducive to Guns than how 'Illusions' was accomplished. Unfortunately, that never truly happened, and both Guns and the public suffered for it. I'll take the responsibility in the sense that had I known how to achieve those goals we would have made what I feel would've been a more effective and powerful album at the time.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: