Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 07:52:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 125176 times)
makane
Legend

« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2009, 07:58:13 PM »

As always I love what Axl has to say. The guy speaks the truth and thats what ends up pissing people off.
Most of the time the truth hurts so people tend to ignore it. You can ignore it but that doesn't make it go away. As a gnr fan we look high and low for any info. We probably go to the wrong places but its nice to see in the end Axl is here to set it straight.
Thanks man.
peace out
By the way I posted this at another board but I'll post it here too. As a woman may I just say I wish more men had Ball's like Axls!
Everyone thinks he speaks the absolute truth (atleast here) and that pisses people off.

Yeah, the truth hurts, on both sides.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #181 on: February 27, 2009, 07:59:27 PM »

You know, he probably learnt that lesson pretty well during the making of CD. Imagine what would've happen if he told theres two more albums waiting to be released on his backpack. It would just create unbearable pressure from everyone.  
And 'cause it's harder to believe why he would've lied back in 2002.

Wouldnt expectations be reduced and assumptions changed if he came out early and said that his plans are to make a few albums in the studio over the years not just one?

He could have said that and also said he wants to just hang in the studio and create at this point in his career.

Instead people have thought hes just some crazed out singer trying to make a perfect album all of these years....and its taken years and millions to do so.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 08:12:55 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #182 on: February 27, 2009, 08:02:25 PM »

Point is, I don't care who it is, no one ever tells the 100 percent verbatim truth.

I think u take a little of this side with a little of Axl's side, with a little bit of a neutral observes thrown in and its a culmination of many different things.

to say its all one side or the other's fault is just hard to believe and I really can't understand how anybody can do so.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
makane
Legend

« Reply #183 on: February 27, 2009, 08:05:10 PM »

You know, he probably learnt that lesson pretty well during the making of CD. Imagine what would've happen if he told theres two more albums waiting to be released on his backpack. It would just create unbearable pressure from everyone.  
And 'cause it's harder to believe why he would've lied back in 2002.

Wouldnt expectations be reduced and assumptions changes if he came out early and said that his plans are to make a few albums in the studio over the years not just one?

He could have said that and also said he wants to just hang in the studio and create at this point in his career.

Instead people have thought hes just some crazed out singer trying to make a perfect album all of these years....and its taken years and millions to do so.

Good point.

Who knows how much it took out of him to release CD really. Maybe he hasn't decided if the wants to go through that again?
But you need to keep in mind if he says "I've got a few songs ready" it will probably be taken out of context to something like "I've got an album ready". And if he decides not to do it, it would be a shitstorm.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2009, 08:05:43 PM »

Hes said similar stuff along the way...

I dont care how long ago it was. he said it.

Yeah, and did he deny saying it?

To me it seems more like he just doesn't wanna think about it right now. Or say too much because some Younggunner might take what he said out of context.

Im not asking Axl to talk about new material every second. I was surprised he down played the idea of there being more material in the can for a follow up.

And I think I explained to you why it makes sense to me personally to downplay the follow-up record at this point.

I guess it just makes no sense to you. Which isn't surprising. Nothing I explain to you seem to make any sense (or you just ignore it).  hihi

It seems like you did get at least part of the point, but just refuse to let it go:

You are right, I want Axl to start focusing on CD. He still hasnt done that.

He got the album out didn't he? What was he focusing on then?  Huh

So according to you focusing on an album means putting out videos and touring. Usually that comes after you've focused on making and releasing the album. Are you saying the actual making of an album and its release doesn't require any kind of focus from the artist? That the artist only starts focusing on the album once he/she goes on tour?

You seem to confuse focusing on promotion of an album with focusing on working on the album.

Two different things.

Axl's been focused on Chinese Democracy for a while now and he intends to keep that focus. So, maybe you want to save the next album talk until Axl and GN'R puts their focus on it?

I think I used the f-word enough there.....

And you would proceed to tell me how its a positive hihi

I would tell you that it's his choice and not much you can do about no matter how much you complain and wish for Buckethead's return.  hihi

Yeah, i just don't like how it is now Baz' fault the 3 to 4 album thing got started cause yeah, Axl was saying it WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY before Baz and I am sure Sebastian can count how many new songs he hears while listening.

You still don't get it.

Baz might've heard X amount of songs. Doesn't mean they have X amount of songs ready for release. Which is what was implied.

Remember when people thought Chinese Democracy would be a box set? This was like in October.... Surely you must remember.

Why do you think they would think that?

Everyone thinks he speaks the absolute truth (atleast here) and that pisses people off.

People think he lies because it contradicts what their idol(s) have been telling them.

Does it make it a lie? No.....

It's easier to say "Axl lies" than to deal with the fact that you've been lied to for years by your idol(s).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2009, 08:09:22 PM »

I don't buy a word of that.  I don't believe for a second that even Axl would have released Chi Dem for free.   It's about money.  Maybe it's more important to some than others.  But it's about money. 

You don't?

I think the record company would've been more pissed...  hihi

/jarmo

Very true.  And I was probably a little harsh.  I'm not implying that Axl doesn't have integrity, not at all.   But to clarify - money makes the world go around.  Kids don't grow up wanting to be rock stars just because they want to contribute to the world's music collection.  They grow up wanting to be rock stars because they want to contribute to the world's music collection, and they want the sex, drugs, parties and other fame entanglements that go with it.   Smiley

Gene Simmons is a man of honesty in this regard.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #186 on: February 27, 2009, 08:10:46 PM »

Thats fine Jarmo but he should come out and say that I mis spoke back in 2000 whatever it was and I am focusing on CD and we will worry about other albums later instead of trying to make it out like Sebastian listened to some music one night and then went around shouting how Axl had 4 albums when it was Axl and others said that WAY before.

so I dont think its cool blaming that on Baz.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2009, 08:12:04 PM »

I don't buy a word of that.  I don't believe for a second that even Axl would have released Chi Dem for free.   It's about money.  Maybe it's more important to some than others.  But it's about money. 

You don't?

I think the record company would've been more pissed...  hihi

/jarmo

Very true.  And I was probably a little harsh.  I'm not implying that Axl doesn't have integrity, not at all.   But to clarify - money makes the world go around.  Kids don't grow up wanting to be rock stars just because they want to contribute to the world's music collection.  They grow up wanting to be rock stars because they want to contribute to the world's music collection, and they want the sex, drugs, parties and other fame entanglements that go with it.   Smiley

Gene Simmons is a man of honesty in this regard.

Isn't that what Axl meant by the 5 or 4 or however many appetite comments? I am sure Axl is in this to be successful. It is about the music but I don't think he wants to be a failure at it.

Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2009, 08:14:17 PM »

Sure enough, there's the article on Comcast.net

Axl: Slash is 'a cancer'

Nothing like not reading into what the interview's about.  Roll Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #189 on: February 27, 2009, 08:15:16 PM »

Thats fine Jarmo but he should come out and say that I mis spoke back in 2000 whatever it was and I am focusing on CD and we will worry about other albums later instead of trying to make it out like Sebastian listened to some music one night and then went around shouting how Axl had 4 albums when it was Axl and others said that WAY before.

so I dont think its cool blaming that on Baz.

Oh man.

I think he even told Baz to stop saying that.

He's just making sure people are being realistic about it and explaining that what Baz said might've been a bit exaggerated.

That's all.

And now we got people attacking Axl for allegedly attacking Baz. It's just not there!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2009, 08:19:33 PM »

So according to you focusing on an album means putting out videos and touring. Usually that comes after you've focused on making and releasing the album. Are you saying the actual making of an album and its release doesn't require any kind of focus from the artist? That the artist only starts focusing on the album once he/she goes on tour?

You seem to confuse focusing on promotion of an album with focusing on working on the album.

Two different things.

Axl's been focused on Chinese Democracy for a while now and he intends to keep that focus. So, maybe you want to save the next album talk until Axl and GN'R puts their focus on it?
Focusing on an album means making it,puting it out, and promoting it. So we are now just waiting for the last 3rd to kickoff so we can start the CD era.

He's just making sure people are being realistic about it and explaining that what Baz said might've been a bit exaggerated.
Make up your mind. Is Axl down playing future material because he wants to focus on CD or is Baz wrong and there really isnt any substantial follow up material?

Baz hasnt said anything that should be classified as exaggerated.

Baz might've heard X amount of songs. Doesn't mean they have X amount of songs ready for release. Which is what was implied.
In 2002 Axl said what I posted. His comments clearly indicate he has 1 if not 2 albums after cd that are ready to be released.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 08:23:39 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
makane
Legend

« Reply #191 on: February 27, 2009, 08:22:51 PM »

People think he lies because it contradicts what their idol(s) have been telling them.

Does it make it a lie? No.....

It's easier to say "Axl lies" than to deal with the fact that you've been lied to for years by your idol(s).

/jarmo
People say "Slash lies" all the time (again, in here at least).

What pisses me of is, be it Slash's or Axl's corner, that what their idol claims is the absolute and only truth there ever was, even if it is with no more, or even less truth than what the other guy has said. All this just 'cause people have "chosen" a side to be, no matter what.
There is a bunch of people here who've done that(people who troll either the VR section or this section), they'd never agree with "the others", even if straight facts are under their noses, 'cause the other one just has to be an asshole.

I think it's cool to lean on the other side, but to just blindly agreeing with everything, like if there was a price for ruining shit is fucking retarded.

cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #192 on: February 27, 2009, 08:32:03 PM »

Christ, what a negitive interview.
It was exciting to see a new interview, but this is one I'd actually rather do without. It made Axl seem negitive, grumpy and somewhat of an ass in dodging questions and pretty much bitching about the media, 'fans', Slash etc. etc for the whole thing.
Also I would have thought that an interview between Del and Axl would be a bit more interesting and revealing than this. Del pretty much just asks stock-standard GnR questions- about the old band, the break up, new album etc. Not very interesting questions on Del's part.
Why not focus more on promoting the album in a positive way rather than go on about all the negitives.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #193 on: February 27, 2009, 08:33:43 PM »

Focusing on an album means making it,puting it out, and promoting it. So we are now just waiting for the last 3rd to kickoff so we can start the CD era.

But you just said he hadn't focused on the album and how you want him to:

I want Axl to start focusing on CD. He still hasnt done that.

And now you say focusing is also about making it and releasing it. Which he obviously has done.

So what is it? Has he focused on the album or not?

You're saying two contradiction things.

Which is what you're accusing Axl of. Ironic....

It's not easy discussing with somebody who says one thing only to say the opposite a few minutes later.

Make up your mind. Is Axl down playing future material because he wants to focus on CD or is Baz wrong and there really isnt any substantial follow up material?

Baz hasnt said anything that should be classified as exaggerated.

Make up my mind? Oh wow. This from the flip flop guy. See above.

Axl said he saw this project as a double album, that's two albums. Baz has mentioned there being more than two albums of material.

Some people thought the November 23rd release would be a box set with like three albums because Best Buy listed three versions at first.

One doesn't exclude the other.

Axl saying there's not as much material as Baz has said doesn't mean there's no songs recorded for a possible follow-up album.

Axl wanting to focus on Chinese Democracy does not mean there's no recorded songs either.

See, one doesn't have to exclude the other.

I'm starting to suspect some of these posts were made under the influence of something....

/jarmo

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #194 on: February 27, 2009, 08:36:41 PM »

For years Axl was silent, and everyone wanted him to talk. Now he's talking and people don't like what he's saying.

Chinese Democracy is out, and Axl is talking. The only thing important next is they tour in support of Chinese Democracy. No need to worry about another album right now.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2009, 08:41:28 PM »

But you just said he hadn't focused on the album and how you want him to:

Quote from: younggunner on Today at 07:00:26 PM
I want Axl to start focusing on CD. He still hasnt done that.

And now you say focusing is also about making it and releasing it. Which he obviously has done.

So what is it? Has he focused on the album or not?

You're saying two contradiction things.

Which is what you're accusing Axl of. Ironic....

It's not easy discussing with somebody who says one thing only to say the opposite a few minutes later.
Until they promote the album the new era has not begun. Stop with the word games

Axl said he saw this project as a double album, that's two albums. Baz has mentioned there being more than two albums of material.
When has Baz mentioned there being more than 3 albums?

Some people thought the November 23rd release would be a box set with like three albums because Best Buy listed three versions at first.
Some people thought Slash was wearing a Bucket on his head at Rio
Some people have thought hundreds of things over the years in regards to this band

Nobody took those rumors seriously. Plus the media never picked up on it.

One doesn't exclude the other.

Axl saying there's not as much material as Baz has said doesn't mean there's no songs recorded for a possible follow-up album.

Axl wanting to focus on Chinese Democracy does not mean there's no recorded songs either.

See, one doesn't have to exclude the other.
If Axl doesnt want to talk about the follow up because he wants to focus on CD...ok fine...

but if there isnt any substantial material ready to be released for the next album than that is a major problem.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2009, 08:42:19 PM »

Yeah, I guess we should be happy with Axl interviews, but I like the laid back, funny, engaging Axl that was on Eddie Trunk

He just seems so bitter and angry in all these interviews and it bums me out to hear him seem so mad.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2009, 08:52:45 PM »

D you are right, Axl seems bitter and angry. 

Jarmo, you are right, things do get taken out of context.

I find the interview positive in that we learn how he feels and negative in that it was a pretty shitty interview done by one of his best friends. 

I find his story contradicts Izzy's, Duff's, Matt's, Gilby's, Slash's, and sometimes Bucket's to be taken too seriously.  I do know they are all out of the band, doesn't mean they are all wrong.  I am sure Robin's name will soon be added to the list. 

I too wonder how you focus on an album that was released and not toured behind or played much.  He says he wants to focus on CD, but when asked about CD, he jumps back into Slash, or not being happy with UYI.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #198 on: February 27, 2009, 08:54:32 PM »

Until they promote the album the new era has not begun. Stop with the word games

Word games?

I just showed you how you contradict yourself and it's a word game? Sorry, it's not. Just trying to have a discussion with somebody who seems to confuse himself.

You say something that's the opposite of what I say, then when I ask you about it, you say something that's basically identical to what I said, when I point it out, I'm playing word games.

That's so classy.  Tongue

I know, just do the usual. Ignore it and act like it never happened.

Smiley

When has Baz mentioned there being more than 3 albums?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFOL0izAGM4

He says "he's got four albums worth of material".

Now, that can obviously be twisted into meaning those albums are done and ready.

If Axl doesnt want to talk about the follow up because he wants to focus on CD...ok fine...

but if there isnt any substantial material ready to be released for the next album than that is a major problem.

If that was the case, it still wouldn't be a problem until they start focusing on that album.  Tongue

/jarmo

Shoeboy517
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #199 on: February 27, 2009, 09:12:43 PM »

Putting aside all the Axl vs Slash drama, I thought his take on the drum sound on Illusions was dead-on.  I always thought those albums sounded somehow muffled and dead.  Great to hear him say that.  I'm not a Adler enthusiast, but Sorum was never right for the band.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: