Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:35:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  IT's been 3 months since CHINESE DEMOCRACY was released
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IT's been 3 months since CHINESE DEMOCRACY was released  (Read 27778 times)
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 06:00:56 AM »

I have listened CD almost every day for these three month and every day I like more. I am really happy because I have been a fan of GNR for the last 22 years of my life and Chinese Democracy has made me proud of it.
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 06:57:14 AM »

Same here. And the funny thing is : before BBF joined the band, I couldn't bring myself to care about GNR. When he joined in 2006, I started to check the new band, stood up all night to have the chance to see both Rock in Rio and Inland Invasion streaming live on the intrawebs, began to like both the old and new material and to wait for Chinese Democracy. Now that CD was released, I give it a spin on a daily basis and GNR is my second favourite band ever ( 1st one being NIN ). Can't wait for a tour and for the opportunity to see them playing live.  ok
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 07:34:45 AM »

I have listened CD almost every day for these three month and every day I like more. I am really happy because I have been a fan of GNR for the last 22 years of my life and Chinese Democracy has made me proud of it.

I listen to at least some part of it everyday. I really think it's an under appreciated masterpiece (so far).

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 08:01:53 AM »

The album took far too long to perfect.  Its too big and epic for me, I just want some cool rock tunes and chinese doesn't really offer that to me.  Sorry to say but I don't like the album all that much.  AFD is still far superior to anything any of the members of GNR will ever create.

Although im happy that it makes all you guys happy! Smiley

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2009, 11:28:33 AM »

The album took far too long to perfect.  Its too big and epic for me, I just want some cool rock tunes and chinese doesn't really offer that to me.  Sorry to say but I don't like the album all that much.  AFD is still far superior to anything any of the members of GNR will ever create.

Really? Its too big and epic for you. You like simpler things and nothing to big that might offer you some kind of challenge. So, I take it you are about this for other thing too. For instance, are books like Kryptonite for you? You probably don't like the Godfather, or 2001. You probably didn't like The Dark Knight too much either. You are more of a Charlies Angels kind of guy. Maybe you should avoid the Watchmen next month. You should hit Blockbuster and rent Garfield instead.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 11:36:13 AM »

Had the same reaction when I first listened to NIN's "The Fragile". Thought it was overwhelming, didn't quite understand it. Now, it's my favourite album.

Give Chinese Democracy another spin, it will grow on you  ok

...or not.
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 11:42:02 AM »

Really? Its too big and epic for you. You like simpler things and nothing to big that might offer you some kind of challenge. So, I take it you are about this for other thing too. For instance, are books like Kryptonite for you? You probably don't like the Godfather, or 2001. You probably didn't like The Dark Knight too much either. You are more of a Charlies Angels kind of guy. Maybe you should avoid the Watchmen next month. You should hit Blockbuster and rent Garfield instead.

So if someone does not agree with your thoughts about CD then you have to flame him and start taking the piss?  The guy has been fairly honest and fair about his opinions and has given his owns views whilst respecting the views of others.  Something that you seem incapable of......

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 11:45:01 AM »

maybe the guy just likes his rock music without the strings, more akin to AFD, Lies, and most AC/DC stuff. I can see what he's getting at. He doesn't like that grand self indulgent style, that isn't a reason to bash him

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009, 11:47:31 AM »

I am one of those who still listens to this cd all the time. I'll listen to the radio for a while (my beater car only has a radio, so i get plenty of it in that one), or i'll listen to other cds, but then i feel like i'm just ripping myself off because i still love chinese democracy so much and it's within my reach. When i pop it back in it's like "ah, that's better". I play it in the house, on jukeboxes at bars, at work... I've had plenty of cd's over the years that i absolutely loved and played the fuck out of them when i first got them but i generally get burned out on them in a few weeks and put them aside. I've never had a cd that kept me coming back to it like this one. It is amazing to me that i still hear so many new things after listening to it so many times now. I really like turning people on to the new music because i have my favorite parts so i'm like "now check this part out" and i'll crank up the volume on a section of a song. Or i'll be like "wait until the guitar solo starts at the 4 minute 23 second mark" or whatever. People think i'm a bit obsessed with it, and i am!

thanks Axl!  ok

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009, 11:50:18 AM »

maybe the guy just likes his rock music without the strings, more akin to AFD, Lies, and most AC/DC stuff. I can see what he's getting at. He doesn't like that grand self indulgent style, that isn't a reason to bash him

Strings and attempting to do amazing and new things with music is no reason to bash it (ie, calling it self-indulgent)

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 11:53:57 AM »

Strings and attempting to do amazing and new things with music is no reason to bash it (ie, calling it self-indulgent)

its nothing visionary thats for sure. I think it was 1991 when GnR first tried strings out on the UYI albums, thats a long time ago. It was dubbed self indulgent at the time, and i still think it is, but i love it, and think the songs are all the better for them.

as for "attempting to do amazing and new things with music", please feel free to discuss these amazing new things.........

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2009, 12:02:42 PM »

Havent listened to it since early december.

html sucks
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2009, 12:04:53 PM »

Im sorry but how was the guy bashing it?  He was giving his own opinion on the album.  Sure, I dont agree with him, I love the album but I respect his views and right to say why he doesnt like the album.  I wouldn't normally post in these types of threads but it seems that certain people on here cannot accept when a person posts something that questions the greatness of the album.  Some people need to accept that CD is not EVERYONE'S cup of tea and that a personal view is not a paersonal attack on all things GNR.

If the guy had posted without giving clear reasons as to why he didn't like the album then fair enough, question him.  But this guy didn't do that...

+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2009, 12:35:09 PM »

I still love it.  It's the first record of Axl Rose in fifteen years.  peace

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2009, 01:05:28 PM »

Self Indulgent is so overused and misused you should probably think about what you are really trying to say before you say something like "Axl is being self Indulgent" in regards to the music he has crafted in Chinese Democracy. I mean, isn't everything that you do to handle your business and are creating something for yourself, being self indulgent. Art usually is self indulgent. Its not like Axl is singing in the lyrics "Yo, this is Axl Rose and I will fuck your ears with this awesome shit and Slash is my bitch you punk motherfucker!"

... I know I had more of a point... fucking monday.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2009, 01:10:17 PM »

Really? Its too big and epic for you. You like simpler things and nothing to big that might offer you some kind of challenge. So, I take it you are about this for other thing too.

Not necessarily....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2009, 02:47:14 PM »

It's the first record of Axl Rose in fifteen years.  peace

of Guns N Roses. ok

thank you very much! I'm happy too that the album surpassed their past classics for me.  Smiley
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2009, 05:47:27 PM »

I listen to it about once a week now.

It's certainly better than either of the Illusion records, but it's difficult for me to refer to Chinese Democracy as a Guns N' Roses  album, especially with no set lineup at the moment.

As time passes, I wish Axl had just renamed the band with a twist on the GN'R name- the way VR did.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2009, 06:12:50 PM »

It's the first record of Axl Rose in fifteen years.  peace

of Guns N Roses. ok

I get your point. But I meant, altougth it sounds a bit strange, I was expecting what Axl Rose had for us. I am an old GNR fan, I already knew the projects of Izzy, Slash a Duff and I had enjoyed theirs work, but you know, this time it was Axl's opportunity but he likes take his time....well, finally he released his Chinese Democracy, and I still enjoy of it.  ok
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 06:14:36 PM by +Rocker+ » Logged

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
Insomnia
Opening Act

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2009, 08:04:18 PM »

The more I listen to it the more I love it. It just took time to move away from Illusions... You know we had to wait too long... I'm getting attached to it.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 08:07:01 PM by Insomnia » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: