Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 02:47:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  IT's been 3 months since CHINESE DEMOCRACY was released
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IT's been 3 months since CHINESE DEMOCRACY was released  (Read 27599 times)
Annie
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2009, 01:56:27 PM »

I read something of a review that I'm not even going to put a link here because of what it said:
"Axl's CD bombed". It's amazing that it's free for critiques to write non-sense like this. What is disturbing is if Axl and company gave up all their rights to this album and gave it to the music industry to promote you'd probably get some fantastic reviews and 'their' promotion. Talk about sitting in a Chinese Stew...: )

Last week I had the opportunity to crank CD on my professional sound system. (Usually I'll listen to my music at a normal considerate volume because I live in an apartment complex and the walls are thin. But my two new neighbors who live below me have no consideration for me or our neighbors and like to crank Hip-Hop. I love allot of music and I am a musician and my ears are sensitive. To put it bluntly I don't like Hip-Hop. (Sorry Hip-Hop lovers) So after being subjected to this jungle-music I couldn't take it anymore and had to resort to my GUNS!!!! So with a wide smile on my face I placed Chinese Democracy into my cd player and cranked my stereo really loud (Twice as loud as my neighbors below----revenge is sweet my friends!!!!) My living room became a small-rock-club and witnessed the power of this cd screaming from my stereo system. Even played at these volumes the cd sounds so-------$%#@ good I was getting goose-bumbs and the hairs on my arm were standing up. I even found myself singing along with Axl on both rockers and the ballads on the top of my lungs!!!! On songs like CD, Shackler's Revenge, Catcher in the Rye,Scraped, IRS were like having a mini-atom bombs going off. The ballads like Street of Dreams, If the World, Sorry---just seemed to melt the worlds sickness into the sea and drift away.
Needless to say halfway through the album the Hipsters below me stopped playing their music and retreated!!!!!  rofl
GREAT STORY!  beer smoking
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2009, 02:31:13 PM »

Up untill recently, I had to shelve it for about a month - Was playing it too much and needed to give it a rest

Happy to report, that a month later, it sounds better than it did before
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2009, 11:25:05 AM »

@ Bitch Slap Rappin well done you got a great shackler ok
an eye for an eye, an ear for an ear and good loud music for halfassed noise pollution.
Annie
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2009, 09:57:10 PM »

Ok, It's been 4 months and I still love it.  Can't wait to hear these songs performed live! I HAVE A DREAM to see GNR in concert this year! Sometimes I feel discouraged, but it's gonna happen! smoking beer love Grin Cheesy Wink
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 10:14:04 PM by Annie » Logged
GNRFAN20
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2009, 10:52:25 PM »

It will happen this year. No doubt about it.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2009, 11:18:00 PM »

Still the greatest record ever.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Annie
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2009, 11:20:14 PM »

Still the greatest record ever
YES! YES! YES! I was so tired this morning I forgot to turn on the car radio, and I'm like, why is it so quiet? Duh I don't have on any CHINESE DEMOCRACY!
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2009, 04:52:55 AM »

Last week I had the opportunity to crank CD on my professional sound system. (Usually I'll listen to my music at a normal considerate volume because I live in an apartment complex and the walls are thin. But my two new neighbors who live below me have no consideration for me or our neighbors and like to crank Hip-Hop. I love allot of music and I am a musician and my ears are sensitive. To put it bluntly I don't like Hip-Hop. (Sorry Hip-Hop lovers) So after being subjected to this jungle-music I couldn't take it anymore and had to resort to my GUNS!!!! So with a wide smile on my face I placed Chinese Democracy into my cd player and cranked my stereo really loud (Twice as loud as my neighbors below----revenge is sweet my friends!!!!) My living room became a small-rock-club and witnessed the power of this cd screaming from my stereo system. Even played at these volumes the cd sounds so-------$%#@ good I was getting goose-bumbs and the hairs on my arm were standing up. I even found myself singing along with Axl on both rockers and the ballads on the top of my lungs!!!! On songs like CD, Shackler's Revenge, Catcher in the Rye,Scraped, IRS were like having a mini-atom bombs going off. The ballads like Street of Dreams, If the World, Sorry---just seemed to melt the worlds sickness into the sea and drift away.
Needless to say halfway through the album the Hipsters below me stopped playing their music and retreated!!!!!  rofl

Revenge is the sweetest thing!  rofl

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
Annie
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2009, 10:12:54 PM »

It's 5 months today, and the music still blows me away.  The only thing that has changed is that SORRY has become my 2nd fav song behind TIL. peace
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2009, 11:49:29 PM »

A month from today the Best Buy exclusive supposedly ends.  Here's to hoping we see some plans spring into play leading up to that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2009, 01:07:53 AM »

Same here,really great record......

but,still waiting for video Cry Cry
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2009, 08:29:55 AM »

maybe the guy just likes his rock music without the strings, more akin to AFD, Lies, and most AC/DC stuff. I can see what he's getting at. He doesn't like that grand self indulgent style, that isn't a reason to bash him

Strings and attempting to do amazing and new things with music is no reason to bash it (ie, calling it self-indulgent)

its nothing visionary thats for sure. I think it was 1991 when GnR first tried strings out on the UYI albums, thats a long time ago. It was dubbed self indulgent at the time, and i still think it is, but i love it, and think the songs are all the better for them.

as for "attempting to do amazing and new things with music", please feel free to discuss these amazing new things.........

I agree, I love when people act like this album is so advanced.  its a good album, thats about it,  What is so amazing and mind blowing?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2009, 08:38:18 AM »

What about a MAINSTREAM album full of songs with solos with killswitch and fretless and still catchy as hell? And what about an industrial flavor combined with hard rock sauce and amazing vocals?

I'm sorry, but it's been a long time since I listen to an album with so many layers, new and fresh guitar sounds and unbelievable vocal performance - all this with catchy melodies and strong potencial to singles - in a mainstream release.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2009, 10:26:02 AM »

A month from today the Best Buy exclusive supposedly ends.  Here's to hoping we see some plans spring into play leading up to that.

Considering that Chinese Democracy has been available on iTunes and was recently released in the Rock Band 2 game, what "plans" do you think the BestBuy deal are stalling?  Huh

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2009, 10:44:05 AM »

maybe the guy just likes his rock music without the strings, more akin to AFD, Lies, and most AC/DC stuff. I can see what he's getting at. He doesn't like that grand self indulgent style, that isn't a reason to bash him

Strings and attempting to do amazing and new things with music is no reason to bash it (ie, calling it self-indulgent)

its nothing visionary thats for sure. I think it was 1991 when GnR first tried strings out on the UYI albums, thats a long time ago. It was dubbed self indulgent at the time, and i still think it is, but i love it, and think the songs are all the better for them.

as for "attempting to do amazing and new things with music", please feel free to discuss these amazing new things.........

I agree, I love when people act like this album is so advanced.  its a good album, thats about it,  What is so amazing and mind blowing?

yea afd was so amazingly advanced and innovative wasn't it?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2009, 11:26:10 AM »

@GypsySoul, I'm not saying the Best Buy deal is holding anything up.  BUT I would hope there'd be a bit of an added push when the album is made available everywhere, not just at one store (in the US) and on itunes.  Also in his online chats, Axl did mention that things in a promotional sense were intentionally planned for further down the road.  Rock Band is certainly a great start, there's no denying that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2009, 11:30:26 AM »

@ppbebe

point taken. it wasn't visionary or new. It was 2 guitars, bass and drums, simple. nobody is saying otherwise.

same with CD. it has drum loops, some keyboards, strings......alll these things have been done before but it doesn't take away anything from the album being excellent.

for any musician to be truly innovative or visionary these days, i think they would have to invent a new instrument, or make music from weird things like pot and pans, or derive a new technique like (guitar taps, pinch harmonics etc.).....and make it sound like a great tune.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
mojoeye
Banned
Headliner

Everything is true, always.

« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2009, 06:29:52 AM »

Chinese Democracy is a masterpiece. In ten years it'll be considered alongside Who's Next.
MrChainsaw
Opening Act

« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2009, 07:19:12 AM »

Yeah, cool.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2009, 08:33:58 AM »

I agree, its an album that will stand the test of time.

To those who complain that it failed because it did not go multi platnum in the first week or go #1....Just look at the movie industry, lots of shit movies make tons of money, but they are not masterpieces by any stretch of the imagination. Music is getting like that.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: