Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:02:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  IT's been 3 months since CHINESE DEMOCRACY was released
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IT's been 3 months since CHINESE DEMOCRACY was released  (Read 27608 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2009, 08:40:23 PM »

..and I still listen to it everyday smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2009, 10:04:10 PM »

..and I still listen to it everyday smoking

Yeah, and depending on how you listen to it, you get different things out of the listening.

Like notice new things in the songs...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2009, 10:20:13 PM »

I haven't played it in a while, now that the hype is removed and its soaked in, an updated review is in order.  I like looking back and seeing if I still agree with original thoughts. 
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2009, 01:34:52 AM »

still gives me chills hearing the album. i zone out thinking it's not real sometimes.  nervous

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2009, 04:48:58 AM »

still gives me chills hearing the album. i zone out thinking it's not real sometimes.  nervous

ME TOO! It almost sounds like the end of the White Album, you know like when you did some psychedelics, and you feel like you just experienced death in a really positive way, just curiously taking in the experience with open eyes digging all the stimulating feelings and visuals. Its like you have listened to a bunch of music in your lifetime, but you sit there dumbfounded having trouble comprehending how this piece of music was created.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Annie
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2009, 12:49:43 PM »

ME TOO! It almost sounds like the end of the White Album, you know like when you did some psychedelics, and you feel like you just experienced death in a really positive way, just curiously taking in the experience with open eyes digging all the stimulating feelings and visuals. Its like you have listened to a bunch of music in your lifetime, but you sit there dumbfounded having trouble comprehending how this piece of music was created.
That is so profound. Roll Eyes
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2009, 04:02:52 PM »

Oh so you aren't experienced, got it.

Annie
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2009, 07:22:19 PM »

Oh so you aren't experienced, got it.
Oops I missed the part about the psychodelics! hihi
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2009, 12:50:57 AM »

Uh yea lady. And believe me at the time, that experience was very profound.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2009, 11:42:39 AM »

the more I listen to the album the more beautiful and stronger it sounds.

I feel that the whole album's filled with sincere love for music, for the band and for the fans.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2009, 12:10:39 PM »

the more i listen to the album, the more it makes me hate people who don't like it.  it's like... whoa, could music get any more amazing than this?  definiately and album that gets way better with each listen -- and that's coming from a guy who LOVED it the first time. 
Annie
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2009, 11:25:45 PM »

the more i listen to the album, the more it makes me hate people who don't like it.  it's like... whoa, could music get any more amazing than this?  definiately and album that gets way better with each listen -- and that's coming from a guy who LOVED it the first time. 
I don't hate the people who don't like it, I just don't understand how they can be so clueless. I totally agree with the rest of your post though. beer
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2009, 06:17:52 AM »

"This I Love" is a sure bet every day since Chinese Demoracy was launched peace

maria
Opening Act

« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2009, 09:12:33 AM »

And I can't stop to listening to it! Every day, every time, it's an emotion. And it seems that I can always discovered something new, a voice,a note, a sound that I have not heard before. I adore it!  love
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2009, 09:26:16 AM »

i think i've listened to it almost every day since i first bought it and it still amazes me. yesterday i was coming home from college really late in the evening and i was listening to CD and i was thinking how mind blowing it is to have a cd with such great talents on guitar such as ron, bucket, robin and richard, and how surprisingly good paul tobias songwriting skills are according to the credits.

this is nothing short from a master piece.

today i found myself trying to learn sorry, scrapped and chinese on guitar, and they are all absolute brilliant. now i think i'm gonna try to get the bass line from catcher cuz that bass just speaks so clearly in the song to me that it makes me wanna play bass.

Smiley

Chinese Democracy!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2009, 11:20:29 AM »

My favorite songs have changed several times through listening to it so much. I never liked Riad since the first time they played it here in Detroit in 02 but now it's my favorite song on the record.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2009, 12:56:48 PM »

How many agree with me that Better is still the best song on CD ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2009, 02:07:34 PM »

I do then again playing another cd song I go it's the best... Tongue
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2009, 02:26:16 PM »

and it's gonna be some time before they're gonne hit the road.
tour has been posponed.

Guns N Roses Fall From the Kobetasonik

Last Tour International, the promoter of the festival Kobetasonik, yesterday threw earth illusions of all who were pleased by the visit of the band Guns N 'Roses to Mount Cobeta, concert that, even when it hadn't been officially announced, it was assumed closed for Saturday June 20 from over a week ago when it was unveiled to the public by newspapers, televisions and radios. So the company said in a statement issued yesterday: "It is true, as several published media, negotiations were well advanced to bring Guns N 'Roses andalusia Kobetasonik. However, the band has finally decided to postpone their European tour and will not be possible to act in our festival.

On the same note, if officially confirmed by other groups that were revealed at the same time it launched the name Guns N 'Roses: The historical Journey, San Francisco; swedes In Flames, Laura Harris, daughter of the bassist and founder Steve Harris of Iron Maiden (and who played the Bilbao BBK Live 2007) Machine Head Californians and Buckcherry, arriving with the new disk. The press release just adds a new name, the Gipuzkoa Ekono 'active from 1994 to 2003, returning after six years of silence, says the note.

They join those who were well advanced before: M?tley Cr?e, Marilyn Manson, Dream Theater, Trivium, Anthrax, Dragonforce, Hatebreed, Cradle of Filth, Papa Roach, DevilDriver, Gojira, God forbid, and Idi Bihotz Crucified Barbara.
The promoter is now trying to find a replacement that will fill the hole left in the cartel Kobetasonik by the band Guns N 'Roses, which was preceded by the critical and sales success obtained with his latest album,' Chinese Democracy.

The difficulty lies in the competition especially in Zaragoza, which has scheduled its Metalway for two weekends, June 20-21 and 26-27, the first such agreement with the Kobetasonik. The bonds remain on sale at 85 euros and are awaiting the announcement of the missing groups

Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2009, 12:02:33 PM »

I read something of a review that I'm not even going to put a link here because of what it said:
"Axl's CD bombed". It's amazing that it's free for critiques to write non-sense like this. What is disturbing is if Axl and company gave up all their rights to this album and gave it to the music industry to promote you'd probably get some fantastic reviews and 'their' promotion. Talk about sitting in a Chinese Stew...: )

Last week I had the opportunity to crank CD on my professional sound system. (Usually I'll listen to my music at a normal considerate volume because I live in an apartment complex and the walls are thin. But my two new neighbors who live below me have no consideration for me or our neighbors and like to crank Hip-Hop. I love allot of music and I am a musician and my ears are sensitive. To put it bluntly I don't like Hip-Hop. (Sorry Hip-Hop lovers) So after being subjected to this jungle-music I couldn't take it anymore and had to resort to my GUNS!!!! So with a wide smile on my face I placed Chinese Democracy into my cd player and cranked my stereo really loud (Twice as loud as my neighbors below----revenge is sweet my friends!!!!) My living room became a small-rock-club and witnessed the power of this cd screaming from my stereo system. Even played at these volumes the cd sounds so-------$%#@ good I was getting goose-bumbs and the hairs on my arm were standing up. I even found myself singing along with Axl on both rockers and the ballads on the top of my lungs!!!! On songs like CD, Shackler's Revenge, Catcher in the Rye,Scraped, IRS were like having a mini-atom bombs going off. The ballads like Street of Dreams, If the World, Sorry---just seemed to melt the worlds sickness into the sea and drift away.
Needless to say halfway through the album the Hipsters below me stopped playing their music and retreated!!!!!  rofl
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: