Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 09:44:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228480 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Matt With CF in the OC
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt With CF in the OC  (Read 1602 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« on: February 19, 2009, 02:58:29 PM »

Thanks to www.billymorrison.net for the following:

"The Camp Freddy gig in OC was a lotta fun - Fred Durst closed out the night with three songs (Sedated, You Really Got Me and Rock N Roll All Nite) and blew everyone away! Steve Stevens and Steve Jones provided guest guitar duties and Mark McGrath joined our own Donovan Leitch at the mic throughout the evening. Navarro astounded me personally with a solo in "Round And Round" that lit the place up....I have to say that the way Dave plays is pretty fucking special. The show was at the St Regis hotel which, although being really nice, proved a little too stuffy and up it's own arse for me. Jen and I were going to stay down there an extra couple of days and just chill out, but we couldn't take the 'high end golfing' vibe and split yesterday lunchtime! But she got a few nice pics of the gig so when I get around to it, I'll throw a few up here."

A little more CF info from Billy:

"Camp Freddy are working on plans for the next few months - the joy of Freddy is that if one of the guys gets busy and disappears for a couple of months, we have the revolving door of friends and family and can continue to rock. So expect a steady stream of stuff from us throughout 09"
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 03:03:47 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 05:11:08 PM »

The audio is poor on this for me anyway...hope more are added.

Camp Freddy w/Dave Navarro, Fred Durst, Billy Morrison, Feb. 17 2009 St. Regis CA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hQUlpjgD3Y

A little more CF info from Billy:

"Camp Freddy are working on plans for the next few months - the joy of Freddy is that if one of the guys gets busy and disappears for a couple of months, we have the revolving door of friends and family and can continue to rock. So expect a steady stream of stuff from us throughout 09"

Good to hear. Smiley

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 10:46:50 AM »

Set/guest list courtesy of CF's myspace:

HELLO THERE - Donovan
20th CENTURY BOY - Donovan
JEAN GENIE - Donovan
SHOULD I STAY - Billy Morrison
RAIN - Billy Morrison
JAILBREAK - Mark McGrath
CAT SCRATCH - Mark McGrath
ROUND AND ROUND - Mark McGrath
JUST WHAT I NEEDED - Donovan
REBEL YELL - Mark McGrath + Steve Stevens
SURRENDER - Billy Morrison + Steve Stevens
PRETTY VACANT - Mark McGrath + Steve Jones
SUFFRAGETTE CITY - Billy Morrison + Steve Jones
YOU REALLY GOT ME - Fred Durst + Steve Jones
I WANNA BE SEDATED - Fred Durst
ROCK AND ROLL ALL NITE - Fred Durst + Steve Stevens
I WANNA BE YOUR DOG - Everyone

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 08:53:12 PM »

FRED DURST 'Blows Everyone Away' With His CAMP FREDDY Performance - Feb. 24, 2009

CAMP FREDDY ? the Los Angeles-based "jam" band featuring Dave Navarro (ex-JANE'S ADDICTION, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), Billy Morrison (ex-THE CULT bassist, current CIRCUS DIABLO vocalist), Matt Sorum (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES), Donovan Leitch (son of legendary folk singer Donovan), and Chris Chaney (JANE'S ADDICTION, ALANIS MORRISETTE) ? played a private party at the St. Regis hotel in Orange County, Californa on February 17. According to Morrison, "Fred Durst [liMP BIZKIT] closed out the night with three songs ('I Wanna Be Sedated', 'You Really Got Me' and 'Rock And Roll All Nite') and blew everyone away! Steve Stevens [BILLY IDOL] and Steve Jones [SEX PISTOLS] provided guest guitar duties and Mark McGrath [SUGAR RAY] joined our own Donovan Leitch at the mic throughout the evening. Navarro astounded me personally with a solo in 'Round And Round' [RATT] that lit the place up....I have to say that the way Dave plays is pretty fucking special."

Low-quality video footage of the "Rock And Roll All Nite" performance can be viewed below.

CAMP FREDDY completed a four-night residency at the Roxy in Hollywood with another series of shows during December 2008. The band performed each Tuesday during the month and each week played a different setlist with different guests.

CAMP FREDDY is continuing work on what is expected to eventually be released as the band's debut album. Among the cuts that are set to appear on the effort are "20th Century Boy" (also featuring Steve Jones from THE SEX PISTOLS on lead guitar) and THIN LIZZY's "Jailbreak" (featuring ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell on vocals and Billy Duffy on lead guitar). Other guest musicians include RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith and singer Macy Gray.

Since its formation seven years ago when teh band rocked the opening of The Standard Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles at the invitation of Brent Bolthouse, CAMP FREDDY has performed on both coasts of America and on national television shows ("The Tonight Show with Jay Leno", "Jimmy Kimmel Live!", "Late Late Show With Craig Kilborn", "Last Call with Carson Daly").

Blabbermouth.net

« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 09:29:10 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: