Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:52:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Whenever Velvet Revolver find a singer
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whenever Velvet Revolver find a singer  (Read 2324 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« on: February 18, 2009, 02:21:56 AM »

I have a question to raise.  When VR do finally announce a new singer, how do you think the live set list will go?  Do you think they'll keep playing material from contraband and libertad?  Will they keep the GNR songs in the setlist?  Ultimately, i think it may depend on the new singer and what songs his voice suit, but Id like to know people's opinion on this as it was the first thought in my mind after Scott left and they said they were going to continue.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 09:44:50 AM »

I kinda doubt there'll be any more STP songs in the setlist.  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 09:47:28 AM »

my guess would be a mix of new material, contraband, and GnR w/ little to no libertad
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 09:51:15 AM »

i dont think they will be as good. Seeing as they are not on a major label, they are going to have very limited resources unless they are gonna wanna use slashs guitar hero funds for the band.

html sucks
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 10:21:34 AM »

i dont think they will be as good. Seeing as they are not on a major label, they are going to have very limited resources unless they are gonna wanna use slashs guitar hero funds for the band.

They could still be signed by a major label, that might also depend on the new singer's profile etc.  I also agree that they might just dump most of the libertad songs from the set.  Either way, im quite excited about the new singer and VR in general, I think they'll release something that suits my interests more than Chinese Democracy.  (Which I dont wanna bash cos its a sensitive subject to some). 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
suicide
VIP

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 11:12:15 AM »

The quality of the music has little to do with money, resources or a major label. It has to do with creativity, feelings, experiences, collaborations, ...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 05:28:50 PM »

Just because they are dropped for RCA doesn't mean they can't sign with another major label.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 07:08:34 PM »

The quality of the music has little to do with money, resources or a major label. It has to do with creativity, feelings, experiences, collaborations, ...
production can play a big role in how well the music comes across on an album.

html sucks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: