Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 09:56:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228480 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff McKagan Opens Up About Guns n? Roses, Punk Band Loaded and Steven Adler
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff McKagan Opens Up About Guns n? Roses, Punk Band Loaded and Steven Adler  (Read 5772 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« on: February 17, 2009, 09:03:01 PM »

Couple of Rolling Stone articles, didn't see them posted at first glance:

Duff McKagan Opens Up About Guns n? Roses, Punk Band Loaded and Steven Adler

When Duff McKagan dropped by the RS offices last week was running late due to an extended stopover at the Playboy headquarters. It didn?t seem like a problem until his people told us he had to be out of here by 12:30 p.m.. As you can see from his badge above, it was 12:19 at the time. In the 11 minutes we had together, McKagan very graciously answered a fast and furious barrage of questions about Velvet Revolver?s new lead singer, Guns n? Roses, Steven Adler on Sober House and his punk band Loaded, who are releasing their new album Sick on April 7th. Here?s Duff in his own words:

On Loaded: ?We have a really quirky sense of humor as a group and the type of music we do and like is a little left of center. We can take maybe more chances that Velvet Revolver can. We don?t have people depending on us for an income so we can kind of do whatever the fuck we want. We don?t have to go through a bureaucracy to make a video. We?ll make a video for 3,500 bucks, man, in a day and there?s no craft services and there?s no star wagon and we make a video at a place we find that we can get for free and we shoot it punk-rock style.?

On a possible Gn?R reunion: ?People ask me that all the time. I certainly don?t sit here and go, ?God, I wish that?s going to happen.? I don?t even know what?s going to happen in four weeks from now in my life so I?m not going to be one of those guys who?s like, ?Fuck that, that?ll never happen.? It could very well happen. It would have to be right and it would have to be righteous for everybody and for the fans and it would have to be like a kick ass thing or it would just kind of be sour I think? I mean, I love Axl. We?ve been through a lot of shit together and shit nobody can take away from us no matter what people try to make of a squabble.?

On Steven Adler on Celebrity Rehab and Sober House: ?I watched about four minutes? somebody said, ?Dude, you got to watch this thing.? It was too hard for me to watch. My stomach started getting queasy and I couldn?t watch it. It seems a little dirty, the whole deal. I know the Dr. Drew guy, and he is a strong member of the sober community and he?s helped a lot of people and I think his thing is, ?Hey man, if one person can get sober out of this whole experience? great.? I?ll put it this way: if I was still using, I would never go on that show. I don?t get it. I just don?t like reality TV.?

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/02/17/duff-mckagan-opens-up-about-guns-n-roses-punk-band-loaded-and-steven-adler/
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 02:26:04 AM »

great interview! i just know though that Axl fans will turn it around as "Duff wants a job in GNR"

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 06:14:58 AM »

thanks for posting
great interview! i just know though that Axl fans will turn it around as "Duff wants a job in GNR"
nope, it doesn't seem that way, stupid
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 07:58:23 AM »

My point is that Axl recently said that either him or slash will die before playing together.  He also said he might do something with Duff, like a one off thing.  Now Duff is saying that he cant rule it out.  Of course, a reunion is not possible unless Slash is there and that doesn't seem likely to happen.

Back to my point.  Hopefully GNR fan's don't turn this into a Duff wants to rejoin Axl thing. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 08:07:03 AM »

My point is that Axl recently said that either him or slash will die before playing together.  He also said he might do something with Duff, like a one off thing.  Now Duff is saying that he cant rule it out.  Of course, a reunion is not possible unless Slash is there and that doesn't seem likely to happen.

Back to my point.  Hopefully GNR fan's don't turn this into a Duff wants to rejoin Axl thing. 
again, why would we? axl has said it'll never happen, and duff doesn't say anything close to what you're speaking of
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 08:37:04 AM »

Duff said "It could very well happen."   Slash has said similar things and some people in these threads have turned it into a "Slash wants his job back" thing.  Im not suggesting that you would do this, just mentioning that I have seen some people do it.  I agree, its a fairly standard interview from Duff, I just hope people don't spin it a direction that wasn't meant to be.   Wink

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 11:53:01 AM »

Duff said "It could very well happen."   Slash has said similar things and some people in these threads have turned it into a "Slash wants his job back" thing.  Im not suggesting that you would do this, just mentioning that I have seen some people do it.  I agree, its a fairly standard interview from Duff, I just hope people don't spin it a direction that wasn't meant to be.   Wink
GnR fans spin off in the wrong direction? Never!  hihi

Duff has pretty consistently stayed within the confines of diplomatic answers to GnR questions...that is why I, personally, was a little shocked on the rare occasion (in the past) he would actually take a shot...I think it is just the fact that Duff is a much more thoughtful, intelligent person, who doesn't feel the need to hurt anybody or burn bridges.  Of course that is just my opinion...he could very well be a complete a-hole who is co-plaintif on every Slash lawsuit, but I see no reason to believe he is, and can't help but like the guy.  (Tommy is a better Bass-man, though)  ok

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »

We will disagree on who the better bass player is. I'll take duff any day of the week

Duff saying that really doesn't do the new band any favors though. I know he was tryin to be diplomatic but it kind of sends the wrong message.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
TokyoRose
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 12:14:50 AM »

DUFF MCKAGAN - MCKAGAN OFFERS GUNS N' ROSES REUNION HOPE

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/mckagan%20offers%20guns%20n%20roses%20reunion%20hope_1095306

Rocker DUFF MCKAGAN has given GUNS N' ROSES fans hope for a full reunion by refusing to rule out the idea.
The bassist, who currently performs alongside former Guns N' Roses stars Slash and Matt Sorum in Velvet Revolver, admits he still "loves" ex-frontman Axl Rose and he'd seriously consider a get together - if everything felt right.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I certainly don?t sit here and go, 'God, I wish that?s going to happen.? I don?t even know what?s going to happen in four weeks from now in my life so I?m not going to be one of those guys who?s like, 'F**k that, that?ll never happen.'
"It could very well happen. It would have to be right and it would have to be righteous for everybody and for the fans and it would have to be like a kick ass thing, or it would just kind of be sour I think.
"I love Axl. We?ve been through a lot of s**t together and s**t nobody can take away from us, no matter what people try to make of a squabble."
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 09:24:01 AM »

This was my point D but i was misunderstood.  Talking about Guns reunion's is not healthy for  the new band. 

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 10:42:25 AM »

I never thought talking about a Guns reunion was healthy for VR either which makes me wonder why Slash and Duff keep talking about it like it could happen.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 10:57:35 AM »

I never thought talking about a Guns reunion was healthy for VR either which makes me wonder why Slash and Duff keep talking about it like it could happen.

if they weren't asked about a Guns reunion; they wouldn't talk about it

of course I think that as long as they are playing music and Guns is around, they'll be asked about a reunion
Jada
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 01:55:48 PM »

I love Loaded, and it's good to know that Duff's still a punk rocker at heart.  smoking
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 03:13:00 PM »

if they weren't asked about a Guns reunion; they wouldn't talk about it

of course I think that as long as they are playing music and Guns is around, they'll be asked about a reunion

They have every right to talk about it.  But at this point they should realize that any little thing they say ends up in a headline like "It could happen".  Maybe they need to talk more realistically about the prospects of a reunion when it seems so unlikely.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 02:56:29 AM »

Im kinda sick of the reunion talk myself now.  Its clear that its not happening and every interview with Duff and Slash, the headline is always something like "it could happen".  Personally, I wouldnt mind a reunion as I love Guns n Roses!  But if its not a possibility,  Id rather get excited about Velvet and their new singer. 

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 08:16:52 AM »

As i imagined would happen.  Below is some of the "headlines" i found on google.

"Duff McKagan calling Axl Rose"
Former Guns N' Roses Bassist Duff McKagan: "Guns Reunion Could Happen"

Does everyone have to read a good interview and turn it into this?  he spoke about 3 topics and 4 - 5 words is all that gets heard.

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 11:43:36 PM »

As i imagined would happen.  Below is some of the "headlines" i found on google.

"Duff McKagan calling Axl Rose"
Former Guns N' Roses Bassist Duff McKagan: "Guns Reunion Could Happen"

Does everyone have to read a good interview and turn it into this?  he spoke about 3 topics and 4 - 5 words is all that gets heard.
It's the drama machine...they will hype the reunion until everyone in old Gnr is dead, or a reunion actually happens - and then they will begin to tear them apart so they can cover the break up.  I can totally understand why Axl keeps a list (figuratively) of people who have played games or put a negative spin on an interview/event...they hear what they want, and spread lies to support it.  no

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 08:11:51 AM »

then again all AFD members seem to be up to do it except one

Re-Union time, baby!!
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 10:56:29 AM »

then again all AFD members seem to be up to do it except one
Yep!! I don't blame him either!! He has moved on, and I am pretty convinced Axl is content with his choices, I know I am ok My feelings: Love the gift he has given us today, support him, he made these choices as an artist to provide this most beautiful music for us as we wished, stop hoping to put him in a place that is no longer comforting to him. Still enjoy the music from the past, you can't take that away, it's there for the taking, love it like you do, like I do. I am sure he would rather the fans be pushing for a video/ tour of the current lineup and album than to have to continuously be faced with this reunion shit.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 11:07:41 AM by msaxl43 » Logged

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 12:36:43 PM »

i think some sort of side collaboration between axl and duff would be cool. but at the same time, i'm glad to hear axl say that he isn't interested in working with more than one ex gun at a time. duff does need to chill with the "it could happen" shit. no it won't and no it shouldn't. hard to reunite something that is still alive, well, and better than it ever has been.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: