Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:28:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nick Steriling hangs out with GN'R (clarification from Bumblefoot).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nick Steriling hangs out with GN'R (clarification from Bumblefoot).  (Read 21635 times)
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2009, 02:44:20 PM »

for some reason Nick remainds me of Adz ... just with straight hair  hihi ... is it just me ? no pun intended  peace

-velimir
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 02:46:26 PM by zazuum » Logged
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2009, 02:56:39 PM »

Does it show some desperation because no established players want to play in GNR?  So you have to go young?  Just asking, not bashing.. 

I doubt it... I still think just about any quality guitarist you can think of would take a crack at auditioning for GN'R if they could... especially with Chinese Democracy out and no more recording sagas to go through.

I think it's more of an "outside the box" idea (much like Buckethead probably was) that Axl will decide either works or doesn't work... or that someone else who auditions works better or whatever...

Never a dull moment. smoking

And Axl could probably "control" him as well....

Which at this point may not be a bad thing. The album's out. What matters now is that Axl hit the road with a professional band that can present this monster and complex album in expert fashion. The less "behind the scenes" bullshit and band conflict, etc... the better IMHO. Most casual rock fans (i.e. the ticket buying public) have probably long ago given up trying to keep up with all the line-up intrigue in Guns N' Roses. Just give 'em a great show. That's what counts.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2009, 03:09:18 PM »

Does it show some desperation because no established players want to play in GNR?  So you have to go young?  Just asking, not bashing.. 

I doubt it... I still think just about any quality guitarist you can think of would take a crack at auditioning for GN'R if they could... especially with Chinese Democracy out and no more recording sagas to go through.

I think it's more of an "outside the box" idea (much like Buckethead probably was) that Axl will decide either works or doesn't work... or that someone else who auditions works better or whatever...

Never a dull moment. smoking

Umm, didn't Zakk tell Axl to Fuck Off?  Didn't pretty much Finck and Bucket do the same?  And what about Slash?  Or Izzy?  And Gilby was fired.  Or what happened to Paul Huge?  What lead player other than Bumble has "worked" with GNR?

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, ? and this is a JOKE! This is American Idol for GNR. This sucks! Axl, you fucking nailed it in 2002 with that line-up...What a freakin' All-Star Line-up! The CD is fucking amazing! But this is "Sorry!"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2009, 03:14:04 PM »

U have got to be shitting me

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2009, 03:45:28 PM »

I haven't watched any youtube videos of the guy playing yet, but based on what some of you guys have said, he must be pretty damn good. Some of you guys may think he looks too squeaky clean (my first thought was, 'Hey, it's Sebastian Bach's son!'), but if the kid can play, I think this could be a great move by the band. I think it would prove that the love of GNR spans all generations. I'm 21 myself, so the idea of an 18-year-old in GNR is like, man, that could be me!!! (If only I could play guitar, that is.)

His addition would certainly make headlines. Right now some people dismiss GNR as "old," so his addition might spark new interest in the band. He's a pretty boy so teenaged girls might be turned onto new GNR, which was part of the reason GNR was so popular in their prime: Axl in his bicicyle shorts singing songs like "SCOM" and "Patience." Also, he could be like the son Axl never had. And by him being just a kid, I don't think he'd turn into a disrespectul dickhead. He could contribute to the band and Axl's vision without causing problems.

And if the kid is a really amazing player, it'd be like Axl discovering and presenting another amazing talent to the rest of the world.

Here Today . . .
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2009, 03:58:48 PM »

Hi there guys

Long time lurker, first time poster. Here comes a clarification on the whole "Nick Sterling in GNR" thing :

Quote from: 'Bumblefoot'
I've known Nick and his family for years, missed them last month at NAMM, so invited him to hang and jam while he was in town visiting an amp company.

I'm sure Nick meant nothing devious or self-serving, he just responded innocently to the guy holding the camera.

And there you have it.  ok
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2009, 04:09:48 PM »

Hi there guys

Long time lurker, first time poster. Here comes a clarification on the whole "Nick Sterling in GNR" thing :

I've known Nick and his family for years, missed them last month at NAMM, so invited him to hang and jam while he was in town visiting an amp company.

I'm sure Nick meant nothing devious or self-serving, he just responded innocently to the guy holding the camera.

Thanks for the info.  Damn good first post if I do say so myself.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2009, 04:11:28 PM »

Hi there guys

Well, damn. I just finished watching a few videos of the kid. He's very good. He plays with more of a blues feel than the thousand-notes-per-second that Buckethead and Bumblefoot get hung up on. I was excited about the idea of Nick being in the band. Damn guy with the camera trying to trick everyone!

Here Today . . .
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2009, 04:11:51 PM »

Zakk told Axl to fuck in like in 2001 or 2002 and told him that he needs to get Slash back.  Zakk said he would never play for an asshole like Axl.  Just saying...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2009, 04:24:11 PM »

Hi there guys

Well, damn. I just finished watching a few videos of the kid. He's very good. He plays with more of a blues feel than the thousand-notes-per-second that Buckethead and Bumblefoot get hung up on. I was excited about the idea of Nick being in the band. Damn guy with the camera trying to trick everyone!
Maybe it's just spin control on Ron's part.  Don't want to get the kid in trouble.  Hey, the kid got to jam with Axl.  Maybe he saw something in the guy and will keep him in mind if need be.  And there may just be a need if Robin or Bucket don't want to re-join the fold.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2009, 04:37:57 PM »

Zakk told Axl to fuck in like in 2001 or 2002 and told him that he needs to get Slash back.  Zakk said he would never play for an asshole like Axl.  Just saying...

i've read zakk talkiong 'bout axl but never saying he was an asshole, where did he do so?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2009, 04:47:37 PM »

Did he now?  Can you post a link to an article where Zakk said he would never play for an asshole like Axl?

That's pretty damn funny because I remember listening to a Talking Metal podcast where they were talking about filming an episode of the Fuse version of their show with Zakk and Ron, and Ron got a text from Axl during the filming of the show.  Zakk then proceeded to tell Ron to let Axl know that he said hello and that he loves him.

Ali
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2009, 05:34:21 PM »

Hi there guys

So by way of this clarification, does it now also confirm that GNR are in fact in LA rehearsing?  Cheesy

for some reason Nick remainds me of Adz ... just with straight hair  hihi ... is it just me ? no pun intended  peace
No offense to Nick but any and all of AdZ's talents (guitar/keys/vocals) blow this kid out of the water!!!  headbanger
The curls are just an extra bonus to drive all us ladies into a frenzy.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Padmasana
Headliner

King of Beers

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2009, 05:34:58 PM »

... Isn't this the kid Jani Lane 'discovered'?

Shows the 80s metal scene is still pretty incestuous hihi

Funny how everything was Roses when we held onto the Guns...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2009, 05:45:35 PM »

FUCK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This is a joke! We need Robin and The Bucket back....Is this American Idol? FUCK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

yes because Buckethead wasn't a gimmick at all   Roll Eyes   I do enjoy Robins playing though, but this kid seems like he is better player than Robin, so why not?  It is not like it will lower the quality of the music, this kid can play!!  Send him out there.... ok
GNRFAN20
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2009, 05:46:41 PM »

Nick sure does have talent. At least it confirms they are in fact rehearsing right now in LA with Brain.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2009, 05:47:04 PM »

Did he now?  Can you post a link to an article where Zakk said he would never play for an asshole like Axl?

That's pretty damn funny because I remember listening to a Talking Metal podcast where they were talking about filming an episode of the Fuse version of their show with Zakk and Ron, and Ron got a text from Axl during the filming of the show.  Zakk then proceeded to tell Ron to let Axl know that he said hello and that he loves him.

Ali

thats Zakk Wylde though...just because he tells someone to fuck off doesnt mean he doesnt love them and respect them
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2009, 05:51:30 PM »

Ali

thats Zakk Wylde though...just because he tells someone to fuck off doesnt mean he doesnt love them and respect them

But, he didn't tell him to "fuck off", allegedly.  He called him an asshole.  Two different things to me.

Ali
BatVin
Opening Act

« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2009, 06:17:05 PM »

I already started to adore Nick and I want him in GNR...he's everything what is missing in current line-up.Sadly, this propably won't ever happend.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2009, 06:24:52 PM »

Nick sure does have talent. At least it confirms they are in fact rehearsing right now in LA with Brain.
Absolutely, anything to get them on the road so I can see them in action again.  I'd prefer Bucket or Robin to return, but if not this kid's fine with me. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: