Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:27:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nick Steriling hangs out with GN'R (clarification from Bumblefoot).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nick Steriling hangs out with GN'R (clarification from Bumblefoot).  (Read 21634 times)
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 10:41:02 AM »

and not early 20s?  Huh

ok actually just slash and steven.  But point stands, they were very young and look at what they produced. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
MR. GNR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 10:51:00 AM »

As far as I can see this wiki entry was last updated on 29 December 08, but there's a mention of him jammin wit Axl, so has he done so before now?Huh
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Search&search=Nick+Sterling&fulltext=Search&ns0=1&redirs=0

Just Click on the 1st result to see the axl mention.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2009, 10:54:57 AM »

Zakk Wylde was only 17 or 18 when Ozzy discovered him.

Just sayin'.

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2009, 11:03:07 AM »

nick is gnr.  damn, i hope he gets the job. his november rain outro will be inspiring.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2009, 11:19:17 AM »

and not early 20s?  Huh

ok actually just slash and steven.  But point stands, they were very young and look at what they produced. 
I don't know if the early playings of the two as teenagers could fit...say, the illusion era GNR.  

anyhoo like i said his age doesn't matter. (rejuvenation is good.) the performance does. and so far I'm not so keen on his youtube clips.

FUCK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This is a joke! We need Robin and The Bucket back....Is this American Idol? FUCK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

would be fun if we could see each audition and vote. hihi
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2009, 11:25:40 AM »

Here is a solo from Zakk when he was in Highschool, though Nick is good, does he have what Zakk had at the same age?  I don't think so.  Nick is good.  Zakk was a badass from day one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgA-MGBsb9M
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 11:54:46 AM »

nick is gnr. 

confused
aren't you a frequent poster at the other GNR forum/forums? just askin.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 11:58:33 AM »

Interesting. Rather see him replace Bfoot not Robin.

Cool to see the kid living his dream though. Not going to hold anything against him. Hope he gets the gig and does well.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 12:11:51 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2009, 12:17:01 PM »

Seems like Axl has not taken kindly to this kind of thing leaking early in the past... so I wouldn't be buying those Nick Sterling GN'R posters just yet. nervous

That said- looks like the kid can seriously play and has "the chops" so to speak for GN'R.

The #1 preference remains for me is for Robin to come back though. Perhaps Sterling is just a "place holder" until Robin is free to come back or decides to come back?

We'll know soon I suppose.

PS Hope he doesn't get ID'd at the after parties! hihi
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 12:19:16 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2009, 12:40:03 PM »

Does it show some desperation because no established players want to play in GNR?  So you have to go young?  Just asking, not bashing.. 
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2009, 12:41:04 PM »

Does it show some desperation because no established players want to play in GNR?  So you have to go young?  Just asking, not bashing.. 

hihi
no man
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2009, 12:41:42 PM »

He is good by the way...
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2009, 12:51:10 PM »

I doubt it... I still think just about any quality guitarist you can think of would take a crack at auditioning for GN'R if they could... especially with Chinese Democracy out and no more recording sagas to go through.

I think it's more of an "outside the box" idea (much like Buckethead probably was) that Axl will decide either works or doesn't work... or that someone else who auditions works better or whatever...

Never a dull moment. smoking

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2009, 01:02:48 PM »

He is a great guitar player but he should stick to his thing.  Not to offend anyone (any fans of him), but I don't want a Hanson in Guns. 

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2009, 01:08:43 PM »

talking about hanson wasn't one of them once axl. mistaken for I mean
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2009, 01:09:45 PM »

He is a great guitar player but he should stick to his thing.  Not to offend anyone (any fans of him), but I don't want a Hanson in Guns. 

I hear you image wise... but Hanson don't play like that. Cool

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2009, 01:10:17 PM »

I doubt it... I still think just about any quality guitarist you can think of would take a crack at auditioning for GN'R if they could... especially with Chinese Democracy out and no more recording sagas to go through.

I think it's more of an "outside the box" idea (much like Buckethead probably was) that Axl will decide either works or doesn't work... or that someone else who auditions works better or whatever...

And Axl could probably "control" him as well....
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2009, 01:16:25 PM »

Umm, didn't Zakk tell Axl to Fuck Off?  Didn't pretty much Finck and Bucket do the same?  And what about Slash?  Or Izzy?  And Gilby was fired.  Or what happened to Paul Huge?  What lead player other than Bumble has "worked" with GNR?
izzbo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2009, 02:34:40 PM »

Umm, didn't Zakk tell Axl to Fuck Off?  Didn't pretty much Finck and Bucket do the same?  And what about Slash?  Or Izzy?  And Gilby was fired.  Or what happened to Paul Huge?  What lead player other than Bumble has "worked" with GNR?

The thing w/Zakk and Axl was a misunderstanding. Axl thought Zakk was demanding his own seperate tour buss or something along the lines of that. Zakk has had nothing but great things to say about Axl in every interview where Axl is mentioned.

As for Bucket and Robin telling Axl to fuck off, I'm not sure. I imagine just leaving is kind-of saying "Fuck Off" but I don't think it's as cut and dry as that. I know Bucket was having problems w/other members of the band(the fist fight that almost broke out w/Robin, and the comments Tommy has made regarding how happy he was that Bucket was gone). I also know for a fact he (or at least his management) was concerned about how GNR would affect his image. His manager basically talked shit to me about Axl and the band in 2002 when the tour was just starting out.

-= iZzbO =-
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2009, 02:43:36 PM »

Don't think Zakk Wyld told Axl to fuck off. It was more like Slash told Zakk to fuck off (figuratively- not literally) IMHO. I thought I heard that the basic fallout was that Slash and Zakk had a lot of respect for other and even enjoy playing together- BUT NOT together in Guns N' Roses as Slash viewed it ultimately (after the try out) as a "one lead" gig. I thought I remember that Axl was more neutral about the whole thing and remarked that having the two of them together was "interesting" and like witnessing godzilla v. a T-Rex or something. hihi

Otherwise, in Axl's defense- you're not exactly talking about the most stable of people here. Robin Finck (as much as I love him) can't decide if he's Elvis, ZZ Top or a Dead Storm Trooper and watches TV in a closet. Buckethead is... well... Buckethead. Izzy apparently wanted out for his own self-preservation b/c he wasn't comfortable with how big the band got. Paul Huge didn't like playing in front of big crowds or something. Yadda... Yadda... Yadda...

I'm sure there's a "buyer beware" type reputation amongst guitarists when it comes to auditioning/joining GN'R- but the chance to be the next Bumblefoot (i.e. lead guitarist who gets along well with Axl, appears on GN'R albums, tours, gets exposure with fans who then get into his solo stuff, etc.) probably justifies the risk for most...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: