Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:56:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Led Zepplin VS Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Led Zepplin VS Guns N' Roses  (Read 32318 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2009, 10:35:11 AM »

Metallica
Black Sabbath
AC/DC
Bon Jovi

Honorable mentions to Van Halen and Bruce Springsteen.

confused you prefer these bands to GNR? Gnr is not really your favourite band after all.

You must be posting fan forums of those active bands, yes?

Tastes differ big time but Gee, i'd rather see a Hawaiian dance show feat. del james than some of your faves.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2009, 10:57:37 AM »

^Those are all important and respected bands (maybe not BJ Tongue), some of whom influenced GNR. But I guess tastes do differ big time....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2009, 11:13:16 AM »

Guns N Roses is not a dead band but an ever growing and evolving one.
For that and for the sincerity in the works, GNR is above all.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2009, 03:36:14 PM »

Metallica
Black Sabbath
AC/DC
Bon Jovi

confused you prefer these bands to GNR? Gnr is not really your favourite band after all.

Tastes differ big time but Gee, i'd rather see a Hawaiian dance show feat. del james than some of your faves.

Are you kidding me?  Do you even read my posts?  Or only half of them?

I've said many times that GN'R is my favorite, but putting my blind love for GN'R aside and looking at the issue subjectively, those bands are all better than GN'R in many facets.

If you're not going to add anything, go off and do your math equations.  1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1x4-16/2= 8

8!!!!!!!

MOTHERFUCKING 8!!!!!!

D, Gilmour's voice is so awesome and smoothing.  Axl's voice is like a mix of a coffee grinder and a garbage truck engine in some places.  Like I said, it's not about "who" you like (no pun intended), but what these bands have offered throughout different eras.  GN'R hasn't influenced anyone good.  GN'R has 4 and-a-half albums of original material.  That's it.  They aren't active enough.  They have always had a hard time writing songs.

^Those are all important and respected bands (maybe not BJ Tongue), some of whom influenced GNR. But I guess tastes do differ big time....

I think I have made myself clear.  To most of you anyway.

I forgot to list Queen!  Yes, Queen should be in my list somewhere.  They are definitely a better band.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 03:38:30 PM by Bank of America's Bankruptcy Papers » Logged
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2009, 05:26:06 PM »

Just to clarify: when I mentioned about those bands being important and respected, I was responding to ppbebe's comment about rather seeing the Hawaiian dance show feat. Del James, not knocking the list. Just in case it came off that way. Smiley

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2009, 05:28:14 PM »

Metallica
Black Sabbath
AC/DC
Bon Jovi

Are you kidding me?  Do you even read my posts?  Or only half of them?

I've said many times that GN'R is my favorite, but putting my blind love for GN'R aside and looking at the issue subjectively, those bands are all better than GN'R in many facets.

If you're not going to add anything, go off and do your math equations.  1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1x4-16/2= 8

8!!!!!!!

MOTHERFUCKING 8!!!!!!

are you actually the rob guy?
no admittedly i don't read many of your posts.

So, you are saying you like gnr the best thinking its not as good as so many bands. doesn't make sense to me.

On what can you base your judgements about music objectively?
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2009, 05:33:47 PM »

^I think he's saying that bands like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Zeppelin, Sabbath, basically most of the bands in that list, have had greater success and more influence on music than GNR have (which is hard to argue) but GNR is still his favourite band musically.

And who's Rob??

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2009, 07:39:01 PM »

Who the hell is Rob?
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2009, 09:16:46 PM »

a while ago i saw a bunch of forums bout other bands vs GNR but im askin the ? u guys might have been thinkin which is better between these 2 of the greatest bands of all time

Led Zeppelin is obviously a great band, but they don't have the same affect on me as GNR

Greatness is a subjective term. When it comes to music, you either feel it or you don't. I don't care if a band invented rock n' roll, sold twenty billion records, or performed a show on the moon. If I don't feel a connection with them then it's irrelevant.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2009, 11:17:36 PM »

Who the hell is Rob?

Thomas?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2009, 10:17:29 AM »

^I think he's saying that bands like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Zeppelin, Sabbath, basically most of the bands in that list, have had greater success and more influence on music than GNR have (which is hard to argue)

That'd be more successful and older bands, not necessarily better ones.

Seeing as how it's obvious that zep has sold more so far and been celebrated as a pioneer in hard rock this thread can't be  about  those aspects. Everyone is talking mainly about the music. For that reason I even restricted myself from bringing up axl?s fashion sense that inspires many top designers of today.
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2009, 01:25:04 PM »

Eric Clapton: Me and Mr. Johnson
Apr 9, 2004 ... Me and Mr. Johnson is Eric Clapton?s fresh and authoritative performance of the Robert Johnson songbook. In classical music, it has been an ...
www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=1896

Led Zeppelin?s ?Stairway To Heaven? vs. Spirit?s ?Taurus?
That?s right, the laudable gods of British Rock, the progenitors of arena heavy metal, the guys who make our tight pants look like JNCOs, did a little creative appropriation. Spirit, a late ?60s California acid band who toured with Zeppelin in 1968 and ?69, released a self-titled album featuring not only their hit ?Fresh Garbage,? a song that my dad has been known to cite as one of the great unsung classics of the era, but the spacey track ?Taurus.? This album came out a solid three years before Led Zeppelin IV, which features the quintessential rock ballad ?Stairway To Heaven.? It?s no surprise that Stairway was played backwards by youth in the early ?70s, who heard satanic messages and subsequently began slaughtering their neighbors. What is surprising, though, is that the intro to ?Taurus? and the intro to ?Stairway? use the same basic guitar melody. Jimmy Page must have been taking some notes on tour, and the rest is rock n? roll rip-off history.

Either way Led Zep is and always be an innovative and legendary Rock/Blues Based Band.  They did use Blues and Jazz riffs from others but put their own sound to it.  I used to and still listen to them constantly.  Kasmir?  WOW!

I love Led Zep but head to head with GnR, I would give the nod to GnR for my own listening pleasure.  I wish GnR covered Some Led Zep songs honestly and who knows, they may because they are a currently evolving band with some talented new faces to create new and cover music. 

I would in my opinion have GnR in the top 5 trumping :Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi and Later Sabbath sans Ozzy, although they have put out some good songs w/o Ozzy...I guess The stones since Some Girls but I'll give them Emotional Rescue and Tattoo You.  Everything sounds the same really?  But that's my opinion...But as overall successful bands of course the Stones have done more. 

AC/DC and Metallica have been consistent in putting out good stuff.  There will never be another Beatles period.  The Who are basically semi retired.  They did some tremendous stuff but I think GnR may have the advantage???  Debatable? I would say yes.  They were always considered a kind of underground or fringe because they were up against the Stones and Beatles.....  Same with Floyd some of their stuff was way out there or real mainstream.  Some say the same about Sabbath because of the dark light that they were viewed in.....

Again the time line of all these bands is paramount to who is a better band really.  Who really knows what we'd have w/o Sabbath, Zepplin, The Who, Stones and of course The Beatles....  As for who followed all of these bands and had more influence??  I doesn't really matter because it's a matter of taste, age, time etc...

In this post I have just picked different posts and arguments to lay my own out w/o quoting.  IDK really why should anyone care what anyone's personal preference to music is?  In reality it all good and we all enjoy listening to a whole lot of different stuff and where it came from and where it's headed.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2009, 05:51:16 PM »

^I think he's saying that bands like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Zeppelin, Sabbath, basically most of the bands in that list, have had greater success and more influence on music than GNR have (which is hard to argue)

That'd be more successful and older bands, not necessarily better ones.

Seeing as how it's obvious that zep has sold more so far and been celebrated as a pioneer in hard rock this thread can't be  about  those aspects. Everyone is talking mainly about the music. For that reason I even restricted myself from bringing up axl?s fashion sense that inspires many top designers of today.

Wearing underwear on stage?

Fish net tops?  Kilts?

Axl was a walking fashion disaster.  Why would you even bring his wardrobe into a debate about music?

Keep digging that hole there.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2009, 08:20:00 PM »

it's about the influence and i said i didn't bring it.  Roll Eyes

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2009, 12:49:23 PM »

I'm still waiting to see who he could have influenced with his garish outfits.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2009, 01:22:33 PM »

go see fashion shows or read vogue.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2009, 04:56:47 PM »

Thanks for another hearty dose of vague.

You lose.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2009, 01:27:35 AM »

2. Achille's

that's Achilles, as in Achilles(') heel or tendon. name of a greek warrior in the trojan war.
Thats fucking crazy stuff Led Zepplin dosent let people use there songs alot and they let the Shrek movies do stuff like that when they should let stuff like Rock Band and Guitar Hero use there songs...

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2009, 01:30:04 AM »

But when you look at the rise of both bands there are alot of simualaritys between the two so its a hard call which is why I made this thread but Im going with GN'R becouse well I like the band a bit better and the music too.

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2009, 01:32:56 AM »

a while ago i saw a bunch of forums bout other bands vs GNR but im askin the ? u guys might have been thinkin which is better between these 2 of the greatest bands of all time

Led Zeppelin is obviously a great band, but they don't have the same affect on me as GNR

Greatness is a subjective term. When it comes to music, you either feel it or you don't. I don't care if a band invented rock n' roll, sold twenty billion records, or performed a show on the moon. If I don't feel a connection with them then it's irrelevant.
You are right though its about what you get from the songs they made and if your into it then I salute you.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: