Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:18:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Life experience and the purpose of life
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Life experience and the purpose of life  (Read 4778 times)
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« on: January 14, 2009, 03:49:59 AM »

I was on an another forum where a 30-year old woman went on about how she's seen and know life and gave and example, or pinnacle, about when she was 14 and got caught with a bunch of guys for spray painting.

I personally think she's somewhat retard, especially when she went on how she got six band and quit two of them, 'cos some band members wanted to be more than friends.

First, I'd stick with one band and do things right. And if she got six, well I find it hard to believe she does any real work and is a parasite to the system.

1. So boys and girs, how do you define life experience?
I tend to respect people who I know have had a rough time that they didn't bring on themselves and still carried off.

Also I don't think that people that's done a lot of bad shit have that much life experience, for an example drug users, sure they've prolly seen a lot but if they haven't learned from it it's gone to waste. Then again a drug addict, who stopped using drugs and got his/her life back on tracks sure can have some interesting things to say.

That is, if they don't boast about it all the time.

Let's sum it up, in my book life experience come to working for a goal and achieving it.

2. What about purpose of life? To enjoy life as much as you can or is it to have a family? Or is it something else?

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 04:51:02 AM »

The gods envy us, because we're mortal.

When you stop dreaming, it's time to die.

It can end any day, and that's the whole point. No risk, no reward. There is no diploma for death, so why not enjoy it while you can? Pleasure lies in the unknown.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 08:12:37 AM »

1. So boys and girs, how do you define life experience?

Depends on whats experienced Tongue

I always listened to what old people has to say, they got the experience...somewhat.

for an example drug users,

Lets not even waste time discussing drug users. Lips Sealed

2. What about purpose of life? To enjoy life as much as you can or is it to have a family? Or is it something else?

To improve the human race. Smiley

I believe in the nordic ideals + lots of the pagan values and ideas.
To make the people as blonde, fair, intelligent, moral, good, honorful, strong, healthy, fit, beautiful etc as possible.

Eventually, by Darwins theory, we can create a new superhuman, godlike race. peace

Apart from that, enjoy life and try live in harmony with nature, yourself and those around.
Don't get children unless you are superior. ok

And no, I don't belive in that 30's fascist ideology made for sheeplings hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 08:40:37 AM »

Nordic ideals? I think a certain Austrian put a stop to that back in the 30's. Nowadays we're pretty much Americans with an accent. Potato chips, Svenska Gladiatorana and government handouts, we're lovin' it!

You're right about the superhuman race though, but unless your name is Bull-Thorne or Friele you're not going to be a part of it. The way we're stuffing ourselves with hormones, artificial fat and aluminum waste we're more likely to become a sub-race.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 08:49:54 AM »

I think a certain Austrian put a stop to that back in the 30's.

Now we'll see about that.
We're seing laws made to protect animals (which nazis did first in Europe) and smoke-laws so he shouldn't stop all that.

Be strong children of the winter! peace

Svenska Gladiatorana

Get your drift hihi

Some of the chicks could have been candidates as Freyja-priestesses tho. Kiss

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 08:57:30 AM »

I honestly think God has a plan for each and everyone of us and the way i think he probobly trys to tell us is through our dreams but hell thats just what i think

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 11:04:47 AM »

I'll just answer the second one.

Just enjoy yourself. Enjoy the short time you have on this planet. Simple as that. Have fun.

Axl is God.
y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 04:19:48 PM »

I honestly think God has a plan for each and everyone of us and the way i think he probobly trys to tell us is through our dreams but hell thats just what i think

I second this. I might not be the most religious person here, but I am a firm believer in the power of dreams.

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 07:51:55 PM »

Be kind.  Find love.  Work hard.  Be happy realizing you won't always be.
 peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 09:01:10 PM »

I second this. I might not be the most religious person here, but I am a firm believer in the power of dreams.
im not religious either but i do believe in god and im catholic somewhat

western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 11:22:02 PM »

I try to define life in positive terms, as every experience should help you learn and it becomes a building block for your character.

The meaning of life, is basically up to us. And, it's different for every person. There is no set meaning of life.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 11:33:46 PM »

Yeah and all that but don't hate women because you can't get the perfect 10 either!  Start at where you are and work up and see how your thinking changes!  Blah!

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 12:43:16 AM »

Defining life experience:  When I've looked around me, it's the people who have been through hard times, whether it's financial, divorce, major illness, etc. who seem to be the most down-to-earth, wisest, nonjudgmental.  I've seen other people whose lives, for whatever reason, have gone exactly the way they've planned it.  They tend to put themselves above others, in a way.  They can be sort of shallow.  So, I think life experience is gained when you actually go through some major traumas in life and then grow and learn from them.  You become a better person for it, I think.  Builds character, you know?  Or I suppose you could become bitter.  That's not life experience.  It's going through shit, learning from it, and becoming a better person for it.   

Purpose of life.  That's an individual thing.  Everyone has their own purpose of and for life.  I guess, IMO,  the purpose of life would be to make this world a better place, whether it's in a huge way or in a small way.  I think everyone has a reason for being here and existing.  But, are you just going to live your life and solely make things better for yourself all the time?  Or are you going to contribute something of yourself to the world around you? 

That's my answer to your questions.  Good questions, BTW.   
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 12:46:22 AM by lynn1961 » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 02:34:20 AM »

Having an open mind.

People who are the same day in and day out are boring.  They are doing nothing to improve their lives.

We must change in order to grow.  As we grow as human beings, we have a better quality of life.  And most of the time, you can be a positive influence around other people.

That goes back to norway's line about improving the human race.  Don't even bother living unless you can help someone, or guide someone through life.  That's a selfish way of conducting business.

cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 09:22:46 PM »

1. So boys and girls, how do you define life experience?

Having highs and lows in your life that you can appreciate for what they are and what you learned from it.

To take in everything that you see and be thankful for it.  And make more bebehs!

do you even know where the fuck I am?
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 04:52:44 PM »

Defining life experience:  When I've looked around me, it's the people who have been through hard times, whether it's financial, divorce, major illness, etc. who seem to be the most down-to-earth, wisest, nonjudgmental.  I've seen other people whose lives, for whatever reason, have gone exactly the way they've planned it.  They tend to put themselves above others, in a way.  They can be sort of shallow.  So, I think life experience is gained when you actually go through some major traumas in life and then grow and learn from them.  You become a better person for it, I think.  Builds character, you know?  Or I suppose you could become bitter.  That's not life experience.  It's going through shit, learning from it, and becoming a better person for it.   

Purpose of life.  That's an individual thing.  Everyone has their own purpose of and for life.  I guess, IMO,  the purpose of life would be to make this world a better place, whether it's in a huge way or in a small way.  I think everyone has a reason for being here and existing.  But, are you just going to live your life and solely make things better for yourself all the time?  Or are you going to contribute something of yourself to the world around you? 

I couldn't have said it better. You are so wise Lynn Kiss

y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 07:54:17 PM »

I think thats a brilliant answer. It really makes a lot of sense.

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 08:02:58 PM »

If you are going universalize it like that, do you mean that (relative to the extent in which you are universalizing it) the latter group are not entirely responsible for their actions, or rather, how it is that they live their life? Circumstance becomes everything!, and you must surely see what I mean because, well, if trauma creates a better person then it ain't the fault of the untraumatized for the life in which they find themselves living.

I'm not being critical of the view point. There is much more substance to it than a lot of the crap that you would normally find in threads like this. But I am curious as to whether or not that is what you meant?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 02:07:30 AM »

If you are going universalize it like that, do you mean that (relative to the extent in which you are universalizing it) the latter group are not entirely responsible for their actions, or rather, how it is that they live their life? Circumstance becomes everything!, and you must surely see what I mean because, well, if trauma creates a better person then it ain't the fault of the untraumatized for the life in which they find themselves living.

I'm not being critical of the view point. There is much more substance to it than a lot of the crap that you would normally find in threads like this. But I am curious as to whether or not that is what you meant?

I guess, all I'm saying is that I have known people in my life who have, kind of, planned their lives out....and everything falls into place pretty much exactly as they planned.   I'm talking about people who are in their 40's by now.  I'm not saying that people don't struggle to get where they are in life, in some way, and that they don't have their own personal struggles in their own personal life that no one knows about.  Maybe I'm trivializing it, but it seems like some people I know just... you know....boom, boom, boom... everything just falls into place exactly like they planned it.  I don't know why that happens.   I'm just saying that when I see people like that, they really do tend to come across as thinking they are "better" than others.  It takes human struggles to make one understand where others are coming from.

Of course, that latter group is responsible for their own actions. We all are.  No, it's not their fault if they don't go through some of the shit that others do.  Shit happens to people and I don't know why - sometimes shit just happens and other times one creates their own shithole. 

I think I understand what you are saying though....that if "trauma creates a better person then it ain't the fault of the untraumatized fo0r the life in which they find themselves living".  True. Very good point. 

I guess I'm just saying that it's easier, for some,  to judge others when one hasn't been through certain things.  I'm sure there are people out there who have great character who are able to just put themselves in another person's shoes.   But it's so easy to judge other people for something when you haven't been through it yourself.  I've been there and done that.  I think it's karma.   For me anyway.  I used to be kind of "prissy".   I admit.  Whatever I have been that way about has come back to bite me in the ass, big time.   Had to turn around and think again and realize what I was thinking was wrong.  I'm thankful for that, though.

Anyway, enough.....     
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 01:48:10 PM »

I guess, all I'm saying is that I have known people in my life who have, kind of, planned their lives out....and everything falls into place pretty much exactly as they planned.   I'm talking about people who are in their 40's by now.  I'm not saying that people don't struggle to get where they are in life, in some way, and that they don't have their own personal struggles in their own personal life that no one knows about.  Maybe I'm trivializing it, but it seems like some people I know just... you know....boom, boom, boom... everything just falls into place exactly like they planned it.  I don't know why that happens.   I'm just saying that when I see people like that, they really do tend to come across as thinking they are "better" than others.  It takes human struggles to make one understand where others are coming from.

Of course, that latter group is responsible for their own actions. We all are.  No, it's not their fault if they don't go through some of the shit that others do.  Shit happens to people and I don't know why - sometimes shit just happens and other times one creates their own shithole. 

I think I understand what you are saying though....that if "trauma creates a better person then it ain't the fault of the untraumatized fo0r the life in which they find themselves living".  True. Very good point. 

I guess I'm just saying that it's easier, for some,  to judge others when one hasn't been through certain things.  I'm sure there are people out there who have great character who are able to just put themselves in another person's shoes.   But it's so easy to judge other people for something when you haven't been through it yourself.  I've been there and done that.  I think it's karma.   For me anyway.  I used to be kind of "prissy".   I admit.  Whatever I have been that way about has come back to bite me in the ass, big time.   Had to turn around and think again and realize what I was thinking was wrong.  I'm thankful for that, though.

Anyway, enough.....     
same kind of shit always happened to me to when i was younger i guess its just life's way of tellin us that hay your gona pay big for that fuck up

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: