Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:35:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228481 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet, Weiland and this board
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet, Weiland and this board  (Read 5835 times)
MoonMax
Headliner

Moon Travel Free Of Charge!

« on: January 07, 2009, 06:34:43 PM »

There was a time, when I got a bit borred about chasing every news on old or new Guns and members, so just from time to time I visit this site to run thhrough the headlines. But until today, I didn't even know, that Mr Weiland left Revolvers!! I mean, thank god! That's just my opinion, but I bought both Velvets because of sentiment. Didn't like the music much and realy hated this guy's vocals and even more his lyrics. Anyway, why I couldn't find anything on former members on this site? I went rapidly through the headlines for the past year and didn't find anything!

Ok, is there more of people like me here, who thinks, that now, the big oportunity is opened for Slash and co?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 10:07:17 PM »

I'm listening to Chinese Democracy right now  Smiley
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 12:54:58 AM »

MoonMax,

There's everything about all the former and current members on this site.  That's why I like it.  Word of advice - you can't just scan rapidly through the headlines.  The headlines are about the band as it exists today.  If you want to know more about anyone who was formerly in it, then you need to look through the forum - specifically ex gunners section, of course.     

The Scott Weiland being out of VR thing has been discussed at length here in different topics.  Check some of them out.     

Ok - listen Jim Bob - the guy had a legitimate question (although he's a bit behind in the discussions) and he posted it in the right section.  Quit being so facetious.   GnR is more than just the current line-up and Chinese Democracy and you know it.  Tongue   
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 02:18:25 AM »

Troll alert

Fuck 'Em All.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 03:45:34 AM »

relax  Wink

The question is was Weiland leaving a huge opportunity... yes I suppose.   How long has it been now, a year and they still haven't gotten the guy.

Face it, Weiland left them high and dry.   I hope they find someone.   Otherwise, they will just be waiting until Weiland comes back after doing his thing in STP and his solo stuff.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 05:45:03 AM »

relax  Wink

The question is was Weiland leaving a huge opportunity... yes I suppose.   How long has it been now, a year and they still haven't gotten the guy.

Face it, Weiland left them high and dry.   I hope they find someone.   Otherwise, they will just be waiting until Weiland comes back after doing his thing in STP and his solo stuff.

What do you care anyway? Go back to the GN'R section instead of trolling here.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 05:47:54 AM »

As for the original poster's question, former GN'R members stopped making the news headlines on this website a long time ago.

This website is mostly dedicated to the current line up of Guns N' Roses, not so much about the Ex-members.
You can find info on what they're all up to in this section though.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 08:22:47 AM »

That's great:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=44678.6580

MoonMax
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 09:12:11 AM »

Lynn, yeah, I know that, but I was surprised, that the news about former members dissapeared from The News section. It just seems like, a lot has changed here and it looks like even Jarmo did, from the free speach gentleman to a guy, who can bash another for having oposite arguments.

To the Velvet thing. First of all, we will have to wait, cause Slash has probably started recording his solo thing right now, which scares me a little as a fan. But, what I'm hoping with new Velvet is musical style change. The "it's 5 o'clock" with Eric Dover, was more bluesy, for me it was different side of Guns N' Roses, could have been the album released after AFD(by GN'R). Then, ALG with Rod Jackson, was based on blues but more into hard rock sound. And then with Weiland it went into, you know what. I'm just hoping the band will take it back to the Les Paul sound we all fell in love back in the GN'R days...or what ever, but in my opinion, the course that Velvet took, just doesn't fit to them. I liked Neurotic Outsiders much more that that, although it had a punk attitude, which I'm normaly not into.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 12:19:55 PM »

Lynn, yeah, I know that, but I was surprised, that the news about former members dissapeared from The News section. It just seems like, a lot has changed here and it looks like even Jarmo did, from the free speach gentleman to a guy, who can bash another for having oposite arguments.

Hahaha.

So it's ok to post shit about the band this site is about, but when I disagree I'm not allowed?

Free speech?

You guys are hilarious.

I should shut up and let you ruin the site by posting bullshit day after day. Yeah, right.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MoonMax
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 12:43:17 PM »

it's not about shit or anything, it's about the way you used to react and the way you react now. You are the admin of this site and you created it. I just don't like the language you deal things out, sometimes. I'm not telling you to stop, I'm just saying that some things had changed.

And what do you mean (to make things clear), by saying that people post shit about GN'R?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 01:12:52 PM »

it's not about shit or anything, it's about the way you used to react and the way you react now. You are the admin of this site and you created it. I just don't like the language you deal things out, sometimes. I'm not telling you to stop, I'm just saying that some things had changed.

Things have changed.

I'm not the same person I was in 2003, or 1996, or 2005.....

Are you?

Things in GN'R land have changed a lot too.

It makes no sense to me to be the same complaining fool when we have to much to be enjoying....  ok

And what do you mean (to make things clear), by saying that people post shit about GN'R?

Bullshit, lies.... You get the idea.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MoonMax
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 05:09:34 PM »

You decide, who you want to be, that's normal.

I didn't want to go with this any longer, but, what's the definition of bullshit?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 05:14:16 PM »

what's the definition of bullshit?

Lies, slander, facts twisted around, pointless whining etc.

/jarmo

MoonMax
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 06:15:00 PM »

what's the definition of bullshit?

Lies, slander, facts twisted around, pointless whining etc.

Ok, thanks.

smoking smoking
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 06:36:04 PM »

Hahaha.

So it's ok to post shit about the band this site is about, but when I disagree I'm not allowed?

Free speech?

You guys are hilarious.

I should shut up and let you ruin the site by posting bullshit day after day. Yeah, right.

/jarmo

what do you mean, you guys?

btw, do you decide what's true and what's not about things that are said and/or posted on this forum?
in that case, "you guys" aren't the ones that are hilarious imo.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 07:59:45 PM »

btw, do you decide what's true and what's not about things that are said and/or posted on this forum?

Isn't it kinda obvious? All the people who use the "freedom of speech" defense as an excuse to post shit, only to get all upset when I tell them I think they're wrong.

Do I decide what rules I have on the site I run? You bet.

If that's hilarious to you, good for you. Easily amused....

Here we are in the VR section talking about me again.

Must be exciting times......

Oh, and I thought some of you have been reading this board for a while so this shouldn't be a surprise for you. I guess I was wrong.

It seems like I have to keep fucking explaining this to some of you every other week.

When will you get it?

We have rules. Those rules aren't up to you to decide.

They're there for a reason, and many people get it. It seems like people who are only fans of a certain era don't wanna get it.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 08:05:34 PM by jarmo » Logged

coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 08:13:55 AM »

Wow, this turned ugly quick...   Roll Eyes
anyway, I think it is exciting times for GnR fans from both camps, VR, Slash, Duff, Matt have done their share to keep the public interested while Axl and GnR kept under the radar, and it may as well helped out a bit in the normal fan base (the non-hardcore)

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2009, 04:56:59 PM »

Isn't it kinda obvious? All the people who use the "freedom of speech" defense as an excuse to post shit, only to get all upset when I tell them I think they're wrong.

Do I decide what rules I have on the site I run? You bet.

If that's hilarious to you, good for you. Easily amused....

Here we are in the VR section talking about me again.

Must be exciting times......

Oh, and I thought some of you have been reading this board for a while so this shouldn't be a surprise for you. I guess I was wrong.

It seems like I have to keep fucking explaining this to some of you every other week.

When will you get it?

We have rules. Those rules aren't up to you to decide.

They're there for a reason, and many people get it. It seems like people who are only fans of a certain era don't wanna get it.

/jarmo

I didn't say anything about me finding anything hilarious. I didn't ask anything about any rules, so, what are you trying to say?
I can easily understand why people here in the VR section, are talking about you again.
Im a fan of many certain eras, and I apparently haven't broken any rules yet, since I still have a 0 karma.
so why do you refer to me as a rulebreaker every other time I post in the VR section? my posts here aren't any different than what they are in any other section. I agree with some things, disagree with other things. still doesn't mean Im any less of a fan of anything.

whatever
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 05:01:43 PM by Hillel H?tz » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2009, 05:24:06 PM »

I can easily understand why people here in the VR section, are talking about you again.

Me too.

VR fans seem to have problems understanding the difference between a VR fan site with a GN'R section and a GN'R fan site with a VR section.

Therefore I need to explain myself to a bunch of people who are still waiting for the motherfuckers to deliver the cow.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 07:57:01 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: