Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:29:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 70 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 293069 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #720 on: October 08, 2009, 09:43:51 PM »

Dodgers up 2-0 now, so much for the two NL Cy Young candidates -- didn't help the Cards much here...

Wainwright was lights out, dominant.

This one's all on Holliday and Franklin with alot of credit going to the Dodgers for seizing the opportunities.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #721 on: October 08, 2009, 10:03:54 PM »

Dodgers up 2-0 now, so much for the two NL Cy Young candidates -- didn't help the Cards much here...

Wainwright was lights out, dominant.

This one's all on Holliday and Franklin with alot of credit going to the Dodgers for seizing the opportunities.

No doubt, and I mis-spoke. This loss wasn't on him -- was on his team not performing for Wainwright. Feel sorry for him but with your first two failing to get a win, going to be hard to come back.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #722 on: October 08, 2009, 10:09:40 PM »

No doubt, and I mis-spoke. This loss wasn't on him -- was on his team not performing for Wainwright. Feel sorry for him but with your first two failing to get a win, going to be hard to come back.

Without doubt, they're goose is as they say - cooked.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #723 on: October 08, 2009, 10:22:55 PM »

Without doubt, they're goose is as they say - cooked.

Sorry Falcon...I musta jinxed 'em. 

That series is, functionally, over.

Angels/Sox are playing a good one right now....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #724 on: October 08, 2009, 11:00:48 PM »

Yep Pilf, over.

This maybe the Cards most devastating loss since Don Denkinger blew the call at first effectively costing them the 1985 World Series.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #725 on: October 09, 2009, 03:09:26 AM »

Another fluke win, I'll take it I guess.  But this isn't going to fly with the Phils.

With that said, that was the greatest baseball game I have ever seen in person.

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #726 on: October 09, 2009, 04:05:51 AM »

where the slash pics?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #727 on: October 09, 2009, 06:28:55 AM »

....and the Sox lose.

Beckett's now put in a "must win" for them, which, of course, just happens to be when he seems to pitch best.

I'm going to the Yanks game, tonight!!!

Together again,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #728 on: October 09, 2009, 08:13:05 AM »

....and the Sox lose.

Beckett's now put in a "must win" for them, which, of course, just happens to be when he seems to pitch best.

I'm going to the Yanks game, tonight!!!
Technically there's no "must win" until it's an elimination game.  Especially when the Sox have come back from down 2-0 and even 3-0 before.  BUT, it certainly would be helpful to the cause to win tonight.  Hopefully the Sox bats wake up.  Last time I checked, you can't win unless you score.  How about that umpiring crew last night?  Awful!  All around too, not just against the Sox, though they did seem to have more calls go against them.  I was listening to WEEI yesterday and Curt Schilling was on talking about the umps.  He said it was a joke, and obviously they don't choose them based on merit.  He said Joe West was an ass, but a pretty good umpire although he hates the Red Sox.  But he said CB Bucknor and Greg Gibson "sucked".   Boy was he right on that one.  Bucknor messed up 3 calls at first, 2 against the Sox, 1 for them.  Then that call at 3rd was incorrect in the Sox favor, but I can somewhat understand that one because the ball beat the runner by so much.  Just an awful display of umpiring.  However, it didn't have an effect on the outcome of the game.  Sox were beaten soundly, with or without the shitty calls.  Just hope they tighten things up tonight.  Both the umps AND the Sox.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #729 on: October 09, 2009, 09:19:20 AM »

Beckett's now put in a "must win" for them,

that's a ballzy statement considering what the red sox did the your team a few years ago!  hihi but all kidding aside, yeah, it's a must win.

have fun at the game!

what a weekend this is gonna be. 2 prime time games tonight (AL) and tomorrow (NL). then 4 games sunday (if the cards don't get swept). not to mention all the NFL games. the channel surfing will be insane! and i'll be up well past midnight since the phils don't even start until 10:07! hopefully i can squeeze in a nap somewhere. and the forecast for saturday's game in colorado is snow showers with temps below freezing. and angels fans on the west coast will be watching the game at 9am. just an insane weekend.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #730 on: October 09, 2009, 10:35:31 AM »

Technically there's no "must win" until it's an elimination game.  Especially when the Sox have come back from down 2-0 and even 3-0 before.  BUT, it certainly would be helpful to the cause to win tonight.  Hopefully the Sox bats wake up.  Last time I checked, you can't win unless you score.  How about that umpiring crew last night?  Awful!  All around too, not just against the Sox, though they did seem to have more calls go against them.  I was listening to WEEI yesterday and Curt Schilling was on talking about the umps.  He said it was a joke, and obviously they don't choose them based on merit.  He said Joe West was an ass, but a pretty good umpire although he hates the Red Sox.  But he said CB Bucknor and Greg Gibson "sucked".   Boy was he right on that one.  Bucknor messed up 3 calls at first, 2 against the Sox, 1 for them.  Then that call at 3rd was incorrect in the Sox favor, but I can somewhat understand that one because the ball beat the runner by so much.  Just an awful display of umpiring.  However, it didn't have an effect on the outcome of the game.  Sox were beaten soundly, with or without the shitty calls.  Just hope they tighten things up tonight.  Both the umps AND the Sox.

TECHNICALLY, yes. Functionally, down 0-2, the series is just about over.  Could they come back?  Sure, they could...but it's unlikely they will.

For the Sox to have a realistic chance to win against the Angels...they gotta take game 2.  If they don't.....you can hold out hope for a "miracle", sure.   But chances would be a lot better, at that point, the Sox are playing golf, rather than many more meaningful games.

That being said:  I suspect the Sox will win tonight.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #731 on: October 09, 2009, 10:39:22 AM »

that's a ballzy statement considering what the red sox did the your team a few years ago!  hihi but all kidding aside, yeah, it's a must win.

have fun at the game!

what a weekend this is gonna be. 2 prime time games tonight (AL) and tomorrow (NL). then 4 games sunday (if the cards don't get swept). not to mention all the NFL games. the channel surfing will be insane! and i'll be up well past midnight since the phils don't even start until 10:07! hopefully i can squeeze in a nap somewhere. and the forecast for saturday's game in colorado is snow showers with temps below freezing. and angels fans on the west coast will be watching the game at 9am. just an insane weekend.

Teams have come back from down 0-2....but not many.   For all intents and purposes...it's a "must win" (note the quotes in both the original post, and this one).  Just like in a 7 game set, getting down 3-0 or 3-1 is usually a recipe for disaster.  Not always, but the odds are bad enough that you absolutlely do not want any part of being in that situation. 

Too many crappy mismatch NFL games this week for me to really be looking forward to them.  Baseball weekend, for me!

Together again,
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #732 on: October 09, 2009, 05:59:03 PM »

where the slash pics?

When I have time I'll get them up.  I was sitting way up high anyway.

I have a Laker game to go to.  Cool
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #733 on: October 09, 2009, 08:15:46 PM »

Another 2 out rbi single for A-rod! This yankee team is a different beast so far from years past with A-rod.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #734 on: October 09, 2009, 09:31:38 PM »

Talk about not being clutch.

Off one of the best closers in the game in the playoffs.

I think he has silenced the critics...driving in all three runs of this game so far.

peace
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #735 on: October 09, 2009, 09:33:20 PM »

A-rod a choker? Not in these playoffs!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #736 on: October 09, 2009, 09:35:06 PM »

Cards over the Yanks they have way better pitching and Pujols doesn't choke like ARod

Would you like to retract this statement thus far in the playoffs D?  Grin

Pujols through 2 games - .167 avg, 0 HR, 0 RBI.
Arod through 2 games - .500 avg, 1 HR, 5 RBI.

I know there are still more games to play, but Pujols better have one HELL of a game three and hope the Cards keep playing...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 09:38:13 PM by cotis » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #737 on: October 09, 2009, 09:39:19 PM »

Dammit my nerves can't take this much excitement.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #738 on: October 09, 2009, 09:43:38 PM »

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #739 on: October 09, 2009, 10:30:30 PM »

The ghosts have crossed the street to the new stadium!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 70 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: