Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:16:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 70 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 292428 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #320 on: July 26, 2009, 12:43:36 AM »

Thanks to MLB Network, I was able to catch the final three innings.

My first perfect game ever!  Didn't catch Johnson's PG from a few years ago.

Lastly, I'm not into Asians or anything, but that Hazel Mae is fucking asking for it.  drool
Hazel Mae I?  She was the Sox in studio analyst for a few years till she left for the MLB network.  She has quite the rack on her, might I say.  Since she departed though the Sox picked up this chick Heidi Whatney who's drop dead gorgeous.  She was a former Miss California contestant.  She used to work for the Padres but got canned after some controversy and the big rumor last year was Jason Varitek was banging her while going through his divorce, which added to the god awful season he had.  But it was never proven, and she's still employed by NESN so I assume the rumor was false.  She's hot though, there's no denying that.

The Sox thing does taint her, but I'll find a way to look past it.  I'll show her my Green Monster.

Hahahahahaha, Sox players!  Derek Lowe got the Dodgers' FSN reporter fired for banging her!
I don't know if that's the same chick, but D-Lowe was cheating on his wife, Trinka, with some chick in LA.  He refused to move her out there with him and shacked up with some chick in the meantime.  Yeah Derek, Trinka wasn't gonna see through that plan.

Also, in Hazel's defense, she didn't come from the Sox farm system so to speak.  They got her from Toronto.  She worked for the Blue Jays first and foremost.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #321 on: July 26, 2009, 08:18:32 PM »

Ok i'm starting to wonder if this is the baseball or chick topic lol.  hihi
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #322 on: July 26, 2009, 10:07:20 PM »

Just found out a buddy of mine was at the perfect game last week and got an autograph from Buehrle on a foul ball he caught! Lucky asshole out in Chicago on business and he manages to see a perfect game.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #323 on: July 27, 2009, 01:14:16 AM »

Ok i'm starting to wonder if this is the baseball or chick topic lol.  hihi

Both go hand in hand.

Good answer!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #324 on: July 30, 2009, 12:44:11 PM »

Looks like Ortiz and Manny both tested positive in 2003.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/31/sports/baseball/31doping.html?_r=3&ref=sports

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #325 on: July 30, 2009, 12:50:09 PM »

^ Wow thats huge... Ortiz acts like it dosent matter, and he knew it was coming...

"Ortiz had not previously been linked to performance-enhancing substances.

Asked about the 2003 drug test on Thursday in Boston, Ortiz shrugged. ?I?m not talking about that anymore,? he said. ?I have no comment.?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #326 on: July 30, 2009, 01:26:32 PM »

^ Wow thats huge... Ortiz acts like it dosent matter, and he knew it was coming...

"Ortiz had not previously been linked to performance-enhancing substances.

Asked about the 2003 drug test on Thursday in Boston, Ortiz shrugged. ?I?m not talking about that anymore,? he said. ?I have no comment.?

how many players have to come out as users before we stop reporting this as a news story?  EVERYONE was on some type of performance enhancers during that time, and some still are.  It is what it is.   The question is not who was doing it, it's who was dumb enough not to be doing it?  I only hope we can skip the usual "the legacy of this sport is tainted" nonsense that every reporter from NY to LA will be writing this week.  Sports are entertainment.  This is a sport where grown men get paid a kings ransom to play a child's game.  To run around the bases and play tag while hitting a little white ball with a stick.  How about that for putting the sport in perspective?  Don't get me wrong I like baseball as much as the next guy, but this whole honor/America's pastime, its's crap.  It's a game! and players cheated, just like kids do on the playground, welcome to reality.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #327 on: July 30, 2009, 01:37:58 PM »

Now the Red Sox's first World Series in 86 years is tainted! As well as all the others since then! The curse of the Bambino lives on!!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #328 on: July 30, 2009, 01:49:57 PM »

Thats the problem Bodhi, not EVERYONE was on something.... Believe it or not some guys stayed clean, but we will never know who...

This is more than a game of men hitting a ball around, these guys are role models to kids... Anyone who has been a proven user should be exposed as such...

Trust me i'm not one to say burn everyone who has used, but they need to take accountability for their actions..
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #329 on: July 30, 2009, 02:05:02 PM »

It's becoming less and less of a story, with each successive big name.  A-rod was huge, Manny was slightly less so, and the Ortiz story is being downplayed by ESPN...we'll have to see how the rest of the sports media spins it.

One of my big problems is that Ortiz, when asked about this when the A-rod story was ongoing, during spring training, said that anyone caught using PED's should be banned for a year.  That's a pretty strong statement from a guy we now know was using...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #330 on: July 30, 2009, 02:15:41 PM »

Now the Red Sox's first World Series in 86 years is tainted! As well as all the others since then! The curse of the Bambino lives on!!

Wasn't the entire Yankee team (except Jeter...maybe) on steroids too?Huh  A tainted team beat another tainted team.

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #331 on: July 30, 2009, 02:16:26 PM »

Wasn't the entire Yankee team (except Jeter...maybe) on steroids too?Huh  A tainted team beat another tainted team.

Which team?
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #332 on: July 30, 2009, 02:22:24 PM »

Which team?

2004 New York Yankees.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #333 on: July 30, 2009, 02:25:54 PM »

Which team?

2004 New York Yankees.

Please standby for a book-sized response from Pilferk Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #334 on: July 30, 2009, 02:48:54 PM »

Which team?

2004 New York Yankees.

Please standby for a book-sized response from Pilferk Wink

God, I hope not.  We all know everyone was on steroids back then, no need for anyone to get butthurt.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #335 on: July 30, 2009, 03:05:31 PM »

Which team?

2004 New York Yankees.

Did they go to, and win the World Series?

Yes the Yanks were a a game away, which would have changed history no doubt but still -- the Yanks didn't do it.

They still juiced, as did everyone in that time, and by everyone I mean, what 98% of ball players at that point in time? hihi

Kinda makes you wonder though, without the roids would Papi and Manny have lead the Red Sox to their first WS in 86 years?

Have a question though -- is anyone really surprised? Personally I am not because just about every ball player then was juicing. Kind of sad that this whole era may have the least amount of HOF'ers ever due to the cloud of Steroids.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 03:10:37 PM by cotis » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #336 on: July 30, 2009, 03:20:37 PM »

Have a question though -- is anyone really surprised? Personally I am not because just about every ball player then was juicing. Kind of sad that this whole era may have the least amount of HOF'ers ever due to the cloud of Steroids.

The Hall of Fame is a sham anyway.  Until they put Pete Rose in there, the whole hall is a joke.  What Rose did had NOTHING to do with his performance as a player during his career.  How can anyone take the Hall of Fame seriously when they omit the best hitter in the history of baseball?
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #337 on: July 30, 2009, 03:22:20 PM »

Which team?

2004 New York Yankees.

Did they go to, and win the World Series?

Yes the Yanks were a a game away, which would have changed history no doubt but still -- the Yanks didn't do it.

They still juiced, as did everyone* in that time. Kinda makes you wonder though, without the roids would Papi and Manny have lead the Red Sox to their first WS in 86 years?

*by everyone I mean, what 98% of ball players at that point in time? hihi

If the juiced up Red Sux didn't win in 2004 and the juiced up Wanks went on to beat the juiced up Cardinals, a team on steroids would have ended up winning that year.  It's borderline idiotic to accuse the Sox of tainting the championship in 2004 when the Yankees were on steroids and would have "tained" the championship too!

Papi and Manny- the top two sluggers for the Sox
A-Roid and Giambi- the top two sluggers for the Yankees

And they have all been outed as users.

27 is a long ways away.

We shall see... ok
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #338 on: July 30, 2009, 03:28:41 PM »

27 is a long ways away.

yeah about 80 days or so, give or take.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #339 on: July 30, 2009, 03:29:09 PM »

The Hall of Fame is a sham anyway.  Until they put Pete Rose in there, the whole hall is a joke.  What Rose did had NOTHING to do with his performance as a player during his career.  How can anyone take the Hall of Fame seriously when they omit the best hitter in the history of baseball?

Haha, you didn't have to delete the post before this one!

Philadelphia will have something to say about 27.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 70 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: