Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:23:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 70 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 292333 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #260 on: May 11, 2009, 09:07:46 PM »

If only i lived in New York still i'd take em in a second.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #261 on: May 11, 2009, 11:54:21 PM »

Going to see Yankees/Jays, Burnett/Halladay tomorrow.... should be a good one!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #262 on: May 12, 2009, 03:30:33 AM »

I hope Burnett will be pumped to face is former team and pitch a great game.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #263 on: May 12, 2009, 03:45:48 AM »

I'm 5-0 at Dodger Stadium this year.  I witnessed a CG SO for the first time in person.

Here's the first pitch.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #264 on: May 12, 2009, 09:22:02 AM »

More on the Manny story and how it all went down:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4159870

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #265 on: May 12, 2009, 09:24:34 AM »

I hope Burnett will be pumped to face is former team and pitch a great game.

Doc is SOOO tough for Toronto, and has been so good this year.  I'm expecting a good outing from him, which means a tough night for the Yanks...hopefully our bullpen can hold down the fort in the late innings and we can win a squeaker or pile on some runs, late.

We NEED these wins to get back into the AL East.  We can't afford (yes, I know how early it is) to lose 2 out of 3 to the Jays.

Together again,
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #266 on: May 23, 2009, 04:55:07 PM »

where the hell did everyone go?

Yanks have been on a tear, Mets haven't been able to buy a win...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #267 on: May 23, 2009, 07:41:12 PM »

17 walk-off wins!!! headbanger

WTF is up with these announcers saying shit like "Yankees fans have to root for the Mets and Mets fans have to root for the Yankees" just because they're playing against the Phillies and Red Sucks?

YANKEES GET THEIR OWN BUSINESS DONE!!!

YANKEES FANS ONLY ROOT FOR THE YANKEES!!!

YANKEES FANS DON'T GIVE A FLYIN' FUCK WHAT THOSE OTHERS DO!!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #268 on: May 24, 2009, 04:50:46 AM »

YANKEES SUCK!  headbanger
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #269 on: May 24, 2009, 07:03:00 PM »

Yanks lost today but have won 10 of 12 and are playing good ball. Mariano has looked a lot better and like the old Mo lately. Melky has been playing lights out and tex is starting to heat up

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #270 on: May 24, 2009, 07:21:01 PM »

Yanks lost today but have won 10 of 12 and are playing good ball. Mariano has looked a lot better and like the old Mo lately. Melky has been playing lights out and tex is starting to heat up

not to mention that all except three or four (as of last night) of A-Rod's hits have been home runs!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #271 on: May 24, 2009, 07:22:18 PM »

not to mention that all except three or four (as of last night) of A-Rod's hits have been home runs!
Steroids.  Test that man at once.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #272 on: May 25, 2009, 12:15:10 AM »

and it was another mets meltdown against the Red Sox.

Sucks being a mets fan!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #273 on: May 25, 2009, 11:39:23 AM »

it was great to see the phils out-class the yanks this weekend in their house. should have been an sweep but Lidge just is not himself this year. phils fans took that place over this weekend, and were rewarded with a series win. yanks fans thought they had stolen the series  yesterday, but were soon walking home with their heads down. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #274 on: May 27, 2009, 08:51:21 AM »

it was great to see the phils out-class the yanks this weekend in their house. should have been an sweep but Lidge just is not himself this year. phils fans took that place over this weekend, and were rewarded with a series win. yanks fans thought they had stolen the series  yesterday, but were soon walking home with their heads down. 

I wouldn't say "out-class".  I'd say more "out-last".  Yanks had VERY good chances in the 9th and 10th to win that game (and I'd hardly have classified that as "stealing" the series...the games were pretty close).  The Phillies outlasted them, though...because our bullpen is a MESS. 

Kudo's to the Phillies....they won 2 of 3.  But, by the same token, 2 of 3 were VERY close games.  Given the state of the Yanks bullpen, I was VERY worried going into that series.  Sure, I would of liked it if we'd take 2 of 3....but if we HAD to lose 2 of 3, I'm at least encouraged by what we saw this weekend.  Everyone knows the Phillies are the "real deal" again this year.  They're going to compete for the NL East, probably right up until the wire...and along with the Dodgers are amongst the best in the NL.   If the Yanks can put together a competetive series with them, with their bullpen in disarray, with their 3rd and 4th string catchers behind the plate, and with the outfield short a .280+ moderate power threat with good defensive range...that's encouraging.

Now, we just need to find a way to WIN when the Sox LOSE for cripes sake.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 08:54:08 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #275 on: May 27, 2009, 01:59:34 PM »

i'm saying that because the phils had leads for significant portions of the games (probably about 17-20 innings total). the yanks never had a lead in any of the three games, except for the walk-off.

also, the yanks made our starting pitchers look all-world (including Happ getting his first start of the year), and they have struggled mightily most of the year.

and we got runs off of all the yanks starters. the yanks bullpen didn't come into play until the final game (and only because Lidge blew his 2nd of the series).

so watching the games, it just felt like the Phils were in total control at all times. it was the best they have looked all year. they have struggled and are lucky to be in first. they have had several heroic late inning wins in games they had no right winning.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #276 on: May 27, 2009, 02:08:27 PM »

i'm saying that because the phils had leads for significant portions of the games (probably about 17-20 innings total). the yanks never had a lead in any of the three games, except for the walk-off.

also, the yanks made our starting pitchers look all-world (including Happ getting his first start of the year), and they have struggled mightily most of the year.

and we got runs off of all the yanks starters. the yanks bullpen didn't come into play until the final game (and only because Lidge blew his 2nd of the series).

so watching the games, it just felt like the Phils were in total control at all times. it was the best they have looked all year. they have struggled and are lucky to be in first. they have had several heroic late inning wins in games they had no right winning.

The thing is...you've just described more than half of the Yanks wins this year (come from behind, not walk off).  It seems to be the "character" of this team....as it was during the 90's, too.  They seem to be a come from behind team.  It also seems like EVERYONE's starters look like Cy Young candidates against the Yanks..but it doesn't actually seem to be because the Yanks hitters can't hit.  It's that pitchers, both home and away, suddenly start throwing NASTY stuff when the Yanks come to town (or they come to the Yanks house).  It'd be amusing if it weren't so frustrating.  I can count at least 6 pitchers who have looked like crap coming into the game who suddenly find themselves for the Yanks, and carry that onward afterwards, too. 

I'm not taking anything from the Phillies, either.  They played some great ball.  And they gotta be doing OK considering their record right now. Smiley  But every game, except the 1st game, was competitive.  Even though the Phillies led for a good deal of both those games..you never got the sense that they had it won.  They just happened to be ahead.  That last game was DEFINITELY one of those "outlast" type games....whoever had to throw the underbelly of the bullpen out first was going to lose.  And that was the Yanks.  Knew it as soon as they missed their shot at the bottom of the 10th....

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #277 on: June 04, 2009, 06:33:44 AM »

Back to the Stadium on Saturday!  Batter's eye (on, not IN) seats, which should be neat!

Together again,
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #278 on: June 04, 2009, 06:44:01 PM »

Yea I went to the new yankee satdium a couple weeks ago when the played the Orioles. great experience and i had very good seats. 2nd deck behind home plate   ok

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #279 on: June 05, 2009, 08:08:49 AM »

Yea I went to the new yankee satdium a couple weeks ago when the played the Orioles. great experience and i had very good seats. 2nd deck behind home plate   ok

Sweet!

I've done the Audi club twice, before this jaunt....seats are decent, but the free food and beverage makes is REALLY nice.

Batter's eye tomorrow.

Bleachers in about 2 weeks (18th).

Then, in August, 2nd row out by the right field foul pole, fair side (RIGHT behind the Sony sign).

I'm really liking the new digs.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 70 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: