Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:19:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 70 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 292863 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #660 on: September 23, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »

Got a box seat for Jays on Friday smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #661 on: September 25, 2009, 08:22:16 PM »

Wow... what a scary moment just now in the Bronx. Lester just took a line drive off the knee and left the game can barely put any weight on it. As much as i hate the Sox you never wanna see something like this. I really hope the kid is ok and its not serious but it really looked bad.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #662 on: September 25, 2009, 08:31:24 PM »

You're obviously NOT from New York!!!   hihi

It's sad to see him out of the game since the Yankees were hitting him so well ... literally n' figuratively!!!  rofl

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #663 on: September 25, 2009, 08:38:44 PM »

You're obviously NOT from New York!!!   hihi

It's sad to see him out of the game since the Yankees were hitting him so well ... literally n' figuratively!!!  rofl

I am i promise i am. I just don't live there anymore.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #664 on: September 25, 2009, 10:22:02 PM »

I bought tickets for NLDS home game 2.  Grin
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #665 on: September 25, 2009, 10:30:59 PM »

To watch the Dodgers get PWND.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #666 on: September 25, 2009, 10:39:53 PM »

I don't know how to break this to you but you got crooked.  Undecided

That "NL" in "NLDS" stands for "National League".  Lips Sealed

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #667 on: September 25, 2009, 11:08:27 PM »

To watch the Dodgers get PWND.

OHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! 

Yeah, you're probably right.  But I go down with the ship.

I don't know how to break this to you but you got crooked.  Undecided

That "NL" in "NLDS" stands for "National League".  Lips Sealed

Well my dear, they don't call the American League the "Junior Circuit" for nothing.

Have you been nipping at the cooking sherry?

Too many birthday parties for you!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #668 on: September 27, 2009, 12:17:32 PM »

Cards clinched the Central last night, Wainwright was lights put (again) for his 19th victory and I would suspect making him the fron runner for the NL Cy Young.

Looks like Rockies/Cards and Phillies/Dodgers - playoff baseball just over a week away.

Giddyup.  Grin

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #669 on: September 29, 2009, 09:38:49 AM »

Just got ALDS and ALCS tickets for the Yankees through a friend who can't go! He might be gone the latter part of October too which means, WORLD SERIES tickets if the Yankees make it. Can't wait, I've only been to one playoff game before -- Game 3 (I think..) of the 2003 World Series against the Marlins. Sat in the bleachers and was right by where Bernie hit his HR in that game, about 5 rows away.

I'm so pumped! Grin
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #670 on: September 29, 2009, 03:44:07 PM »

Just got ALDS and ALCS tickets for the Yankees through a friend who can't go! He might be gone the latter part of October too which means, WORLD SERIES tickets if the Yankees make it. Can't wait, I've only been to one playoff game before -- Game 3 (I think..) of the 2003 World Series against the Marlins. Sat in the bleachers and was right by where Bernie hit his HR in that game, about 5 rows away.

I'm so pumped! Grin

Awesome i'm jealous. Have fun  Grin. We just need an opponent now. It looks like that AL Central is gonna go down to the wire. The twins are only one back now.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #671 on: September 29, 2009, 03:56:22 PM »

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/About-that-Clint-Barmes-catch-on-Sunday-Was-?urn=mlb,192799

I think that was such a great play, that he even he pulled off the tom foolery, while happening so fast...

They teach you that move in little league, and to save the tying run, double up to end the game, all while fighting for a wild card is amazing!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #672 on: September 30, 2009, 07:48:40 AM »

I'm so pumped! Grin

I POTENTIALLY have tickets to games 1 and 2 at Yankee Stadium.  Well, actually I have first right of refusal...a buddy of mine had 6 tickets, just behind the Sony sign in Right, 4th row.

I'll definitely go to the Friday game.  I'm just waffling on the Wednesday (I'm assuming the Yanks will take the "longer" series) game, though.  Love to be there, but can't get time off on Thursday from work....and trying to work the next day would be tough.

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #673 on: September 30, 2009, 01:55:45 PM »

I'm so pumped! Grin

I POTENTIALLY have tickets to games 1 and 2 at Yankee Stadium.  Well, actually I have first right of refusal...a buddy of mine had 6 tickets, just behind the Sony sign in Right, 4th row.

I'll definitely go to the Friday game.  I'm just waffling on the Wednesday (I'm assuming the Yanks will take the "longer" series) game, though.  Love to be there, but can't get time off on Thursday from work....and trying to work the next day would be tough.

Smiley

It's the playoffs though man. Wouldn't it be worth it?  Grin
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #674 on: October 01, 2009, 06:49:42 AM »

It depends.  It's not "worth it" if I have something big in the hopper that I HAVE to get done late next week.  My job (not that I'd lose it, but still) would have to be the priority.  But, by the same token, I don't want to leave this guy hanging til the last minute (which is what I'd need to do).

I have to let him know once the actual game times are released (should be Sunday/Monday).  If Wednesday is a twilight game (unlikely), I'll probably go.  If it's a night game....I just don't think I can swing it.

Still, Friday is now a definite!

Together again,
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #675 on: October 01, 2009, 08:00:27 AM »

It depends.  It's not "worth it" if I have something big in the hopper that I HAVE to get done late next week.  My job (not that I'd lose it, but still) would have to be the priority.  But, by the same token, I don't want to leave this guy hanging til the last minute (which is what I'd need to do).

I have to let him know once the actual game times are released (should be Sunday/Monday).  If Wednesday is a twilight game (unlikely), I'll probably go.  If it's a night game....I just don't think I can swing it.

Still, Friday is now a definite!

I doubt it would be, wouldn't they all be primetime slots? Though I do remember the Yanks/Twins playing a day game a couple years ago...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #676 on: October 01, 2009, 09:56:27 AM »

I doubt it would be, wouldn't they all be primetime slots? Though I do remember the Yanks/Twins playing a day game a couple years ago...

I agree, it's doubtful.  It'll all depend on how the NL shakes out at the end, though.  There will be two NLDS games and one ALDS game that day.  Since TBS is doing the ENTIRE first round this year... I think that means they've gotta split the start times up (anyone remember if they "simulcast"?).  I'd THINK the AL game would be in the middle of the two NL games, with the Dodgers playing "late", since they'd be at home (against St. LOUIS!! Yikes!!).

You'd probably have the Philly/Colorado game going at 4, since Philly would have home field, and it would be an east coast game.  Then Yanks/Detroit in the middle. 

That, to me, would make the most sense.  But MLB doesn't always schedule things the way they make sense. Smiley

The issue right now is:  The NL wildcard.  If the Rockies win (and it looks like they will) you have the scenario outlined above. If Atlanta somehow eeks it out, though, you now have Dodgers/Atlanta in the first round......on TBS (former home of the Braves) with Philly/St. Louis. 

We'll see!! Smiley
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 10:01:14 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #677 on: October 01, 2009, 10:04:27 AM »

They may simulcast on TNT? Isn't that it's "sister station"?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #678 on: October 01, 2009, 11:51:09 AM »

I know they've used TNT to cover "overlap" before...starting the next game there if the first game goes longer than scheduled.  But once the first game is complete, they move the feed back to TBS and TNT resumes regular programming.   I've never seen them outright MOVE a game to TNT, in total.

Together again,
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #679 on: October 01, 2009, 03:19:35 PM »

I know they've used TNT to cover "overlap" before...starting the next game there if the first game goes longer than scheduled.  But once the first game is complete, they move the feed back to TBS and TNT resumes regular programming.   I've never seen them outright MOVE a game to TNT, in total.

Truth.  They do that for NBA games, except the other way around.

It works fine for me, TNT is 245 and TBS is 247 on DIRECTV.  The lazy man has it all planned out.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 70 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: