Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:42:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  would you stop being friends with somone who makes fun of gnr?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: would you stop being friends with somone who makes fun of gnr?  (Read 20314 times)
EstrangedBrazil
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2008, 01:57:21 PM »

holy crap....

when i was 5 i stopped talking to my good buddy cuz he made fun of my fucking thundercarts backpack in school, saying cats are gay... when i was 5... 5... get it?
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2008, 02:07:39 PM »

who cares.. they are are a friggin band.  axl doesn't know you or give a shit about you.  nor should he...  live your life and like whatever bands you want to like.  why do give a shit if your friends like gnr or not.   my fiance likes dance music.. ie hip hop or even some awful techno. its awful.. by far the worst music on the planet.. but i'm not going to dump because she likes britny spears more than GnR..   And i think its comical you rip the old band "mullet head" while this version isn't even a band.. over 15 people played on this album.. yes they all contributed.. but seriously.. this is axl's baby.. its a hell of an album.. buts not GnR.  can you even name who is a member of "gnr" right now?  

Haha, I knew some idiot would come to this thread and turn it into a "It's not Gn'R" thread. Oh, and also, if your girlfriend likes Britney more than Gn'R, get out now, fast.

Hey sport... can you even name who is in GnR right now?  its not a band.. i don't get why idiots get so defensive about it.  the CD is great.  Axl did a great job and i hope he makes many more albums just like it.  i also would love to see the original band play live once in my lifetime.. i don't understand why people get so pissed about this.  its not like i'm saying the cd is terrible or axl sucks/slash rules.. or anything like that.   i read axl's homework and thought it was ridiculous.  he basically says that he feels he is solely entitled to profit from the GnR name.  that name would be worthless if it wasn't for AFD.  there is no reason why he should be 100% entitled in my opinion.. but on the other hand i couldn't give a shit.. because neither axl, slash ect.. is ever going to give me a penny of it.. and i would never buy or not buy a good album based on the name or who financially gains from my purchase.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2008, 02:14:15 PM »

its not a band..

i don't get why idiots get so defensive about it. 

How ironic.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2008, 02:15:30 PM »

who cares.. they are are a friggin band.  axl doesn't know you or give a shit about you.  nor should he...  live your life and like whatever bands you want to like.  why do give a shit if your friends like gnr or not.   my fiance likes dance music.. ie hip hop or even some awful techno. its awful.. by far the worst music on the planet.. but i'm not going to dump because she likes britny spears more than GnR..   And i think its comical you rip the old band "mullet head" while this version isn't even a band.. over 15 people played on this album.. yes they all contributed.. but seriously.. this is axl's baby.. its a hell of an album.. buts not GnR.  can you even name who is a member of "gnr" right now?  

Haha, I knew some idiot would come to this thread and turn it into a "It's not Gn'R" thread. Oh, and also, if your girlfriend likes Britney more than Gn'R, get out now, fast.

Hey sport... can you even name who is in GnR right now?  its not a band.. i don't get why idiots get so defensive about it.  the CD is great.  Axl did a great job and i hope he makes many more albums just like it.  i also would love to see the original band play live once in my lifetime.. i don't understand why people get so pissed about this.  its not like i'm saying the cd is terrible or axl sucks/slash rules.. or anything like that.   i read axl's homework and thought it was ridiculous.  he basically says that he feels he is solely entitled to profit from the GnR name.  that name would be worthless if it wasn't for AFD.  there is no reason why he should be 100% entitled in my opinion.. but on the other hand i couldn't give a shit.. because neither axl, slash ect.. is ever going to give me a penny of it.. and i would never buy or not buy a good album based on the name or who financially gains from my purchase.

The reason I personally get pissed off isn't because it's a different opinion, it's because people like you always feel the need to bring it up. This thread isn't titled "Gn'R - a band or not?"  BUT, you still feel the need to throw your opinion on the subject wherever you can because you think others haven't heard you opinion ten thousand times already. What the fuck does your opinion on Guns have to do with this thread? I don't think the original poster asked whether or not we think Guns is a band. You answered the posters question, no, you wouldn't stop being friends with someone who makes fun of Guns. But again, your girlfriend likes Britney more than Gn'R, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Axl is God.
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2008, 02:20:54 PM »

so is it okay to break up with friends over a band?  it seems silly and all, but really it's deeper than that.  to me, they seem like the major problem with society -- people who refuse to move on from the past and try to judge a book by its cover.

it is silly and no its not deeper than that. people are entitled to their own taste and just because they like music from past decades, that doesn't make them "people who refuse to move from the past" or "a major problem with society".

however, from what i can read between the lines, the relationship you have with these friends seems superficial and a bit immature. i don't think your friends mean a lot to you since you are considering breaking a friendship over something so trivial like a band. on the other hand, since you are so sensitive on this subject, your friends should have respected that and quit teasing you around.

On a side note, I agree that in a true friendship no subject should be "off-limits". I have argued with my friends extensively over hundreds of different issues, ranging from sociological, supernatural and political issues to stuff like sports, music, games etc. we argue and sometimes tease each other to death but no topic is "off-limits".
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 02:23:06 PM by greekmule » Logged

homo homini lupus...
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2008, 02:29:51 PM »

What a dumb thread.

You didn't answer the question.  Tongue

Maybe it's because you're the kind of person this question relates to?  hihi

On topic: Depends. If the person really is a jerk, maybe! But that's not really about GN'R then, more about the person being a general jerk.... You might just notice the person being a jerk because he/she would be making fun of your favorite band.

hihi

/jarmo

No, I would not stop talking to a friend of mine because they did not like GN'R.  I have alot of friends that don't like GN'R.  Everyone has a right to their opinion.  I do like GN'R. 
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2008, 02:38:19 PM »

would you stop listening to gnr if they make fun of your friend ?

hihi

-velimir
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2008, 02:39:34 PM »

My best friends tend to be much, MUCH more conservative than I am - we basically have an unwritten rule to not discuss abortion, and in some instances, religion.  It's worked pretty well so far.

but a rock band?   Roll Eyes

Fuck. No fucking way. Did you read my previous posts? How can this work out? It is obviously beyond me. To me, a real friendship is when you can just be yourself and not have to walk on eggshells. There should be no topics off limits. Dude a really really strong friendship was killed over fucking politics. It is something that will inevitably come up. Barack is on TV all the time and I would feel their eyes. But fucking Jesus, I am agnostic. I don't think it would be possible for me to be good friends with someone who wanted to make abortion illegal, and were bible humpers.

I think maybe my idea of a friendship is just different from the rest of you. I don't make friends easy and I only had one really long time friendship that was killed over ultimately the final straw being his shit talking of (like I mentioned earlier) Super Mario Galaxy. I am talking besides my wife who I think is as fucked up as me to even still be with me. I mean besides the fact that I make really good looking cool as fuck kids.

Honestly things at home would be better for her if I made peace with our friends that we had the fall out with over politics. I just don't think I can live like how I mentioned. This is all so confusing for me. Fuck me.

yes, i did read your posts (and the super mario part made me laugh pretty hard  hihi).  A real friendship is built around respect and trust.  I respect my friends for their different opinions, even if they drastically differ from my own. We aren't friends BECAUSE of our views on abortion or religion, so why should I really care what they think about those things.  As crazy as you think they are for their opinions, they probably think the same about you - two sides to every coin you know?

We're friends b/c we have the same sense of humor, went to the same school, have interests in common, same taste in music, we all like GNR, but I'm the only one who likes the new Guns - OMG CAN YOU BELIEVE I AM STILL FRIENDS WITH THEM!! hahah  hihi

There are A MILLION other things for us to bond over, joke about, to discuss...  We're not going to see eye to eye on certain things, so why bother discussing them?  Simple as that.   Respect and compromise.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
EstrangedBrazil
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2008, 02:48:19 PM »

hihi

-velimir

ROFL good stuff, good stuff

i can only imagine a song making fun of my best friend, Lyrics by axl, Solo by BBF
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2008, 04:17:56 PM »

hihi

-velimir

if it's my girlfriend we're talking about, I have the feeling I'd be forced to Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2008, 04:26:33 PM »

My best friends tend to be much, MUCH more conservative than I am - we basically have an unwritten rule to not discuss abortion, and in some instances, religion.  It's worked pretty well so far.

Fuck. No fucking way. Did you read my previous posts? How can this work out? It is obviously beyond me. To me, a real friendship is when you can just be yourself and not have to walk on eggshells. There should be no topics off limits. Dude a really really strong friendship was killed over fucking politics. It is something that will inevitably come up. Barack is on TV all the time and I would feel their eyes. But fucking Jesus, I am agnostic. I don't think it would be possible for me to be good friends with someone who wanted to make abortion illegal, and were bible humpers.

I think maybe my idea of a friendship is just different from the rest of you. I don't make friends easy and I only had one really long time friendship that was killed over ultimately the final straw being his shit talking of (like I mentioned earlier) Super Mario Galaxy. I am talking besides my wife who I think is as fucked up as me to even still be with me. I mean besides the fact that I make really good looking cool as fuck kids.

Honestly things at home would be better for her if I made peace with our friends that we had the fall out with over politics. I just don't think I can live like how I mentioned. This is all so confusing for me. Fuck me.

you have problems making friends!? Im shocked!
I think you might wanna listen to that wife on this one.
it's really stupid ending a friendship because of differing views on something, no matter how important it is to you. I know politicians of the most rivaling parties in my country who are the best of friends, but of course they fight like fuck whenever political topics come about.
imo, you should be able to have good fights with good friends, and when you're both wiped out from arguing, you take it easy and have a drink together and talk about something completely different to put things in perspective.
I could say a lot more about what your attitude reminds me of, and what it could be defined as. but Im not gonna go there. this is a fucking music forum!.....rock on

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2008, 04:49:41 PM »

I guess if I was in like, 4th Grade or something.

But being as I'm grown up enough not to worry about what other people's opinions are of something I love, I don't think it ever really becomes an issue.
Same here.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2008, 05:14:19 PM »

hearing guns` new material is a great thing !!!  if they think, it is not !! 

they hate axl !!  or they are posers !!!

i bet, that if they like music ...they suck playing real guitar !

Or it could be that they just don't like the album.  Good grief, not everyone likes the album - so what?  It's up to them, if it doesn't do anything for them that's fair enough.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2008, 05:20:29 PM »

To answer your question...yes.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2008, 05:45:08 PM »

you have problems making friends!? Im shocked!
I think you might wanna listen to that wife on this one.
it's really stupid ending a friendship because of differing views on something, no matter how important it is to you. I know politicians of the most rivaling parties in my country who are the best of friends, but of course they fight like fuck whenever political topics come about.
imo, you should be able to have good fights with good friends, and when you're both wiped out from arguing, you take it easy and have a drink together and talk about something completely different to put things in perspective.
I could say a lot more about what your attitude reminds me of, and what it could be defined as. but Im not gonna go there. this is a fucking music forum!.....rock on

Look. I know I am a little fucked. I can't argue that but, here is the deal. Say you had a really good friend who was gay alright. And they were going to vote for McCain/Palin, that wouldn't give you not only great pause, but a great big WTF moment? I am talking Palin who on video attended a church that asked everyone to "Pray the gay away." Personally that is beyond masochistic. Voting for someone who wished you either didn't exist at all, or could pray it all away. I struggled with understanding how my gay friends could even think about doing this. I straight up wanted an answer because I didn't understand, and they never explained or educated us as to why. I still don't quite get it. My letter was stated in a way they could have just explained it. We are so very un-PC, and talk so openly about almost everything. But for them to talk shit about Barack and vote for, who I perceive as a maniac (Palin) especially when they are gay, warranted the need to explain. I am very sensitive regarding gay bashing and I am not even gay. You know fuckheads who say "My best friends are gay." Well, mine were.

I think I am in a unique position where I can kind of backup what the original post stated even though on the surface it seems ridiculous. Hope this shed some better light.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2008, 05:54:42 PM »

I dunno, my ex-wife never liked GN'R, even back in the late 1980's.

Notice, I did say "Ex-wife"  rofl rofl rofl

I just think she was too stupid to know what good music was unless it kicked her in the crotch.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
circusboy666
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2008, 06:42:30 PM »

i wouldnt stop being friends but i am so PRO gnr i shove down their throats till they shit it out! and there is NO anti axl argument that any of my friends would ever win. ill go on for days and probably use violence. but id still be friends.
Shackler
Headliner

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2008, 07:34:52 PM »

Only, as Jarmo said, if they were generally assholes.

I only have a few friends that actually like rock and two of them only liked a few songs. One, doesnt mind if I like GnR but the other called CD woeful, but hes generally a wanker.

One of my friends who is an ACDC fan said he liked the album and that it was better than black Ice. Also, Im almost certain he thinks its the original band.

Sorry for goin a bit off topic

Like the tides done on the ocean, the waves already set in motion, the only one in this game that's lost is you!!!
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2008, 08:09:23 PM »

It's always nice to read through such a fucked up thread:P

If these people are what you generally consider good friends, who just have the "flaw"of cracking jokes* about your favorite band, then ditching the said friends would be doing them a favor.
No one deserves a " friend " who values some sort of mock-them-not  bullshit untouchability of  his favourite band above his friends.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 08:11:25 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2008, 08:25:27 PM »

It's always nice to read through such a fucked up thread:P

If these people are what you generally consider good friends, who just have the "flaw"of cracking jokes* about your favorite band, then ditching the said friends would be doing them a favor.
No one deserves a " friend " who values some sort of mock-them-not  bullshit untouchability of  his favourite band above his friends.

Very well said.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: