Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:41:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  would you stop being friends with somone who makes fun of gnr?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: would you stop being friends with somone who makes fun of gnr?  (Read 20311 times)
Annie
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2008, 08:58:19 AM »

I don't try and control people and I feel everybody is entilted to their opinion. That being said, there was a funny commercial a few years ago that said, "DON"T DISS MY BAND."
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2008, 09:27:10 AM »

No, people can like or dislike whatever they want.    I have friends who don't listen to any rock music at all.

Shocked that's incredible!

and on topic, no. of course not, that would be pretty damn stupid.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pine Barrens
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2008, 09:33:44 AM »

Well, if it bothers you to the point where it puts your friendship in doubt, then let them know how it makes you feel when they keep at it. If they respect you as a friend, they will stop making fun of you. If they don't, then they obviously are making fun of you and not GN'R, and then I would think twice before hanging out with them again.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2008, 10:03:36 AM »

My college buddies have ALWAYS busted my chops about Guns N' Roses.  My friends will say that "Axl sucks" or "I'm blinded by my love of Axl" when I posted my review of CD. I don't care what they think. It's something not worth fighting over since at the end of the day we all support each other.

I read on this thread how someone supported Obama and got into an argument with his friend. I think politics is different from music since there is far less implications and beliefs involved. I'm a moderate Democrat who supported Obama. A friend of mine is completely opposite of me.  He and I don't talk about politics anymore since we have gotten into heated debates. We both agreed that it's just not worth jepordising  our friendship.

Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2008, 10:40:35 AM »

For goodness sake... however good they are Guns N' Roses is just a band!  Chinese Democracy is a great album, but remember - it's just an album!  Some people take this far too seriously.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2008, 10:48:37 AM »

Sounds like they're always asking for rides and money.  For that alone I would question their loyalty.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 11:03:25 AM »

What a dumb thread.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 11:06:40 AM »

What a dumb thread.

You didn't answer the question.  Tongue

Maybe it's because you're the kind of person this question relates to?  hihi

On topic: Depends. If the person really is a jerk, maybe! But that's not really about GN'R then, more about the person being a general jerk.... You might just notice the person being a jerk because he/she would be making fun of your favorite band.

hihi

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 11:08:54 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2008, 12:19:07 PM »

My college buddies have ALWAYS busted my chops about Guns N' Roses.  My friends will say that "Axl sucks" or "I'm blinded by my love of Axl" when I posted my review of CD. I don't care what they think. It's something not worth fighting over since at the end of the day we all support each other.

I read on this thread how someone supported Obama and got into an argument with his friend. I think politics is different from music since there is far less implications and beliefs involved. I'm a moderate Democrat who supported Obama. A friend of mine is completely opposite of me.  He and I don't talk about politics anymore since we have gotten into heated debates. We both agreed that it's just not worth jepordising  our friendship.

That was my post. We agreed at one point to never discuss politics. BUt it was like walking on fucking eggshells. When my mom was over and she got into it with said friends shit just blew up. What kind of friendship is it where you have topics that have to be avoided for the sake of that friendship. I mean if the shit didn't hit the fan and we kept to this fucking never discuss politics mandate. One day we would be bound to be hanging flipping channels or something and Barack would be on, and then what? I can't live like that. I can't be walking on eggshells for no one. Well, maybe my grandma but, that's my grandma.

I can't have people around me during my leisure and have some negative shit being said about Barack without me going into fight mode. And to further add to this thread, if some friends talked shit about motherfucking Chinese Democracy I would be goddamn annoyed as fuck. It would kill my buzz. I love GN'R, Axl, and Chinese Democracy way too fucking much.

Maybe its just easy for me to say that because we really don't have friends. I know that is pretty much my fault and I have to live with that. But my kids are cooler then these so called friends anyway. They aren't asking me to do shit I don't want to do, and talk shit about Barack or GN'R or anything that effects me personally.

Life is too short. I mean fuck. I ended a looooong time childhood friendship with a dude (who was my best man) because he talked shit about Super Mario Galaxy. Yea you read that right. I am fucked up. Damn, now you all know.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2008, 12:42:14 PM »

Tell them to fuck off !!!!

hearing guns` new material is a great thing !!!  if they think, it is not !! 

they hate axl !!  or they are posers !!!

i bet, that if they like music ...they suck playing real guitar !
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 12:46:48 PM »

They get put in their place.

Fast.
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008, 01:09:20 PM »

I've had to deal with this situation as well... ultimately all you should care about is that you love the music and enjoy it, if someone else doesn't then it's their loss.  I've said it before... as far as I'm concerned GNR released ChiDem just for me !
 smoking
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2008, 01:16:56 PM »

I guess if I was in like, 4th Grade or something.

But being as I'm grown up enough not to worry about what other people's opinions are of something I love, I don't think it ever really becomes an issue.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2008, 01:18:01 PM »

No, I just point out how even if it's not their cup of tea, there are objective ways that GNR is better than the bands they love (Axl's vocal abilities and range, the talent of the musicians, better/longer concerts, etc) and usually the argument ends there
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 01:20:34 PM »

In high school, i drove a purple car with a Prince symbol painted on the hood, so yeah, i am pretty use to my friend's making fun of my favorite bands.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2008, 01:27:28 PM »

My best friends tend to be much, MUCH more conservative than I am - we basically have an unwritten rule to not discuss abortion, and in some instances, religion.  It's worked pretty well so far.

but a rock band?   Roll Eyes

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2008, 01:45:14 PM »

My best friends tend to be much, MUCH more conservative than I am - we basically have an unwritten rule to not discuss abortion, and in some instances, religion.  It's worked pretty well so far.

Fuck. No fucking way. Did you read my previous posts? How can this work out? It is obviously beyond me. To me, a real friendship is when you can just be yourself and not have to walk on eggshells. There should be no topics off limits. Dude a really really strong friendship was killed over fucking politics. It is something that will inevitably come up. Barack is on TV all the time and I would feel their eyes. But fucking Jesus, I am agnostic. I don't think it would be possible for me to be good friends with someone who wanted to make abortion illegal, and were bible humpers.

I think maybe my idea of a friendship is just different from the rest of you. I don't make friends easy and I only had one really long time friendship that was killed over ultimately the final straw being his shit talking of (like I mentioned earlier) Super Mario Galaxy. I am talking besides my wife who I think is as fucked up as me to even still be with me. I mean besides the fact that I make really good looking cool as fuck kids.

Honestly things at home would be better for her if I made peace with our friends that we had the fall out with over politics. I just don't think I can live like how I mentioned. This is all so confusing for me. Fuck me.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2008, 01:48:02 PM »

Fuck. No fucking way. Did you read my previous posts? How can this work out? It is obviously beyond me. To me, a real friendship is when you can just be yourself and not have to walk on eggshells. There should be no topics off limits. Dude a really really strong friendship was killed over fucking politics. It is something that will inevitably come up. Barack is on TV all the time and I would feel their eyes. But fucking Jesus, I am agnostic. I don't think it would be possible for me to be good friends with someone who wanted to make abortion illegal, and were bible humpers.

I think maybe my idea of a friendship is just different from the rest of you. I don't make friends easy and I only had one really long time friendship that was killed over ultimately the final straw being his shit talking of (like I mentioned earlier) Super Mario Galaxy. I am talking besides my wife who I think is as fucked up as me to even still be with me. I mean besides the fact that I make really good looking cool as fuck kids.

Honestly things at home would be better for her if I made peace with our friends that we had the fall out with over politics. I just don't think I can live like how I mentioned. This is all so confusing for me. Fuck me.

I agree with you, you should always be yourself and never have to watch what you say. Fuck that. BTW, Super Mario Galaxy fucking rocks.

Axl is God.
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2008, 01:49:00 PM »

who cares.. they are are a friggin band.  axl doesn't know you or give a shit about you.  nor should he...  live your life and like whatever bands you want to like.  why do give a shit if your friends like gnr or not.   my fiance likes dance music.. ie hip hop or even some awful techno. its awful.. by far the worst music on the planet.. but i'm not going to dump because she likes britny spears more than GnR..   And i think its comical you rip the old band "mullet head" while this version isn't even a band.. over 15 people played on this album.. yes they all contributed.. but seriously.. this is axl's baby.. its a hell of an album.. buts not GnR.  can you even name who is a member of "gnr" right now?  
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2008, 01:51:29 PM »

who cares.. they are are a friggin band.  axl doesn't know you or give a shit about you.  nor should he...  live your life and like whatever bands you want to like.  why do give a shit if your friends like gnr or not.   my fiance likes dance music.. ie hip hop or even some awful techno. its awful.. by far the worst music on the planet.. but i'm not going to dump because she likes britny spears more than GnR..   And i think its comical you rip the old band "mullet head" while this version isn't even a band.. over 15 people played on this album.. yes they all contributed.. but seriously.. this is axl's baby.. its a hell of an album.. buts not GnR.  can you even name who is a member of "gnr" right now?  

Haha, I knew some idiot would come to this thread and turn it into a "It's not Gn'R" thread. Oh, and also, if your girlfriend likes Britney more than Gn'R, get out now, fast.

Axl is God.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: