Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:39:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus Comments On Possible GNR Tour [clarification added to first post]
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus Comments On Possible GNR Tour [clarification added to first post]  (Read 10724 times)
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2008, 08:48:09 AM »

bad ass, a tour that'll last that long is bound to come my way. But with those two years i'm thinkin' its gonna be just that long till the next album comes out, so with that i guess its good and bad news but i'll take it.

peace

They can drop an album while on tour Smiley

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2008, 10:54:27 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES Tour To Kick Off Late March? - Dec. 27, 2008

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Richard Fortus has told TheTelegraph.com that the band's world tour in support of "Chinese Democracy" should start late March and will likely last at least two years.

Fortus will take part in a one-night-only reunion of PALE DIVINE, a.k.a. THE EYES, a mega-popular St. Louis, Missouri alt-rock act that broke through nationally in the early '90s. The original four members ? vocalist Michael Schaerer, Fortus, bass player Dan Angenend Jr. and drummer Greg Miller ? will take the stage at The Pageant in St. Louis at 8 p.m. Monday, Dec. 29, after not playing together for 17 years.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=111530

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2008, 10:56:06 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES Tour To Kick Off Late March? - Dec. 27, 2008

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Richard Fortus has told TheTelegraph.com that the band's world tour in support of "Chinese Democracy" should start late March and will likely last at least two years.

Fortus will take part in a one-night-only reunion of PALE DIVINE, a.k.a. THE EYES, a mega-popular St. Louis, Missouri alt-rock act that broke through nationally in the early '90s. The original four members ? vocalist Michael Schaerer, Fortus, bass player Dan Angenend Jr. and drummer Greg Miller ? will take the stage at The Pageant in St. Louis at 8 p.m. Monday, Dec. 29, after not playing together for 17 years.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=111530

amazing shit right there
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2008, 12:37:50 PM »

2 years tour?

drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool

'at least' Cheesy
according to TheTelegraph.com.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2008, 03:05:32 PM »

I hope they can pull it off.
2 years.

a lot can happen in 2 Gnr Years. Tongue
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2008, 02:28:22 AM »

Late March should bring a GNR tour Huh

Not to read too much into things, but the last NIN 2009 show is March 2nd so far ......................

Nope NIN has already stated more touring will start in April they will be doing a theater tour with just 4 band members that will go through a few shows in the U.S. then Europe, UK ect.  But then NIN is done.  TR has stated he is going to take some time off, he wants to focus on developing "Year Zero" with HBO.  Considering 2 of the top shows are Tru Blood and then Showtime has "Dexter" it is the right time to get more involved in the process.  At that point I would think Fink would be out of work or will rejoin Guns then. 
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2008, 06:16:11 AM »

They could always tour w/o Robin Finck at times, but i wouldn't know how they would be able to pull that one off.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2008, 11:46:15 AM »

Guns n? Roses Guitarist: ?Chinese Democracy? Tour To Start In March, Last ?At Least Two Years?

12/29/08, 8:55 am EST

Buried deep in an article about Guns n? Roses guitarist Richard Fortus and his one-night reunion with Pale Divine is this bit of potentially huge news: A Gn?R tour should start in late March and is expected to last ?at least two years,? according to Fortus. The band had hinted at a possible tour on their official Website in April, saying the fifth Chinese Democracy tour since 2001 was in negotiations ? ?When we begin to put tour plans together, we?ll see where things are,? the band said at the time ? and a source close to the band told Rolling Stone an ?09 tour was in the works. With album sales slumping and Axl Rose still reluctant to conduct any interview outside of message board forums, a tour is just what the album needs for a promotional boost. If the March start date is correct, it puts Guns in a position to headline several huge festivals in 2009 on both sides of the Atlantic.

Fortus has played guitar in some capacity for Gn?R since 2002, when Axl Rose?s friend Paul Tobias left the group?s revolving-door guitarist job. Currently, Fortus is the lead guitarist on Rihanna?s Good Girl Gone Bad tour. A St. Louis native, Fortus says he and Axl joked about returning to the city where, in 1991, Rose caused a riot after he stormed offstage because a photographer in the crowd ticked him off. ?There has been talk of us doing a Love tour, a tour of all the cities where there have been riots, and doing free shows,? Fortus said.

We?ll remain optimistic about a Guns tour but again, this is the gloriously unpredictable Axl Rose we?re dealing with.

www.rollingstone.com

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2008, 11:50:29 AM »

2 years?  drool

Come Play Leeds Festival!!

That's a hatrick for Doull
cineater
Legend

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2008, 08:10:03 PM »

Anybody going to Richard's show tonight?  I have a friend going so maybe we'll get some pictures.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 02:38:38 PM »

A clarification on the subject:

"OK, it seems that I am being misquoted once again.  I never said that Gn'R would be playing St. Louis, nor did i say that we will be doing free shows or that we are starting a 2 year tour in March!  Selective hearing.  Never said it. "
richard fortus

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008, 02:40:03 PM »

"OK, it seems that I am being misquoted once again.  I never said that Gn'R would be playing St. Louis, nor did i say that we will be doing free shows or that we are starting a 2 year tour in March!  Selective hearing.  Never said it. "
richard fortus

/jarmo

and anyone with little common sense should already know that... also with Dexter being online and saying tour is only in 'discussion' faze it was pretty obvious that someone had selective hearing  Wink

thanks for clarification jarmo!

-velimir
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 02:42:52 PM by Bitch » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2008, 03:39:21 PM »

richard fortus

/jarmo

Hopefully, there will be a big tour.  I wonder if the misquote was more along the lines of when the tour was starting, rather than if and how long.

Ali
DemocracyRose
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2008, 03:50:48 PM »

richard fortus

/jarmo

Hopefully, there will be a big tour.  I wonder if the misquote was more along the lines of when the tour was starting, rather than if and how long.
Ali

Yeah let the speculations begin. Its always very unclear what to believe, in the GNR world... Wink

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 05:29:32 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist Denies Saying Band Will Embark On Two-Year World Tour - Dec. 30, 2008

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Richard Fortus has denied that he ever said the band will begin a world tour in March that will last for at least two years.

Fortus' original comments about GN'R hitting the road supposedly came as part of an interview with TheTelegraph.com to promote his appearance in St. Louis on Monday night (December 29) with PALE DIVINE, a locally popular act, of which he was a founding member, that has not played together for 17 years.

After the TheTelegraph.com article was published and Fortus' comments got picked up by a number of news outlets all around the world, the guitarist issued the following statement:

"OK, it seems that I am being misquoted once again. I never said that GN'R would be playing St. Louis, nor did I say that we will be doing free shows or that we are starting a two-year tour in March! Selective hearing. Never said it."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=111640

cineater
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2008, 09:55:00 PM »

My friend who was at the show last night said it was really good.  Once he learned who Richard had been touring with he forgot to listen for anything GNR related, go figure.  He has pictures for me when he can figure out how to get them off his phone.  Anyway, it was a good show.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2008, 12:30:21 AM »

No surprises there then.

I thought selective hearing was when you took notice of some things that somebody said and ignored others. From what Richard's saying, it seems like the interviewer just made the whole thing up.

And there goes the challenger...
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2008, 02:04:17 AM »

Sounds like the interviewer once a tour as bad as we do!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2008, 02:06:52 AM »

So many rumor's, so many people, I'll wait for a offical announcement from GnR regarding a tour before I believe the press.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2008, 05:12:30 PM »

My friend who was at the show last night said it was really good.  Once he learned who Richard had been touring with he forgot to listen for anything GNR related, go figure.  He has pictures for me when he can figure out how to get them off his phone.  Anyway, it was a good show.

Some photos from Richard's website...

http://pa.photoshelter.com/c/peterwochniak/gallery-slideshow/G0000.IyacamosUA/?start=

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: