Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 12:00:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  jarmo is a nob
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: jarmo is a nob  (Read 14381 times)
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2008, 04:58:37 PM »

Noun: nob
Usage: Brit

1. An elegantly dressed man (often with affected manners)

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
COG
Opening Act

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2008, 05:39:05 PM »

what a stupid thread. everyone should take care of his shit before taking care of other's.

and jarmo is a man, i would have closed this thread and banned immediately the guy who opened, because if you start the board-life with a message of this kind, you wanna just break balls.

Bring Back Buck
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2008, 12:50:03 AM »

what a stupid thread. everyone should take care of his shit before taking care of other's.

and jarmo is a man, i would have closed this thread and banned immediately the guy who opened, because if you start the board-life with a message of this kind, you wanna just break balls.

LOL. Yeah, stop breaking balls already.  rofl

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2008, 01:58:45 AM »

Nothing to do with the subject of the thread, but I was wondering ... Jarmo, what do you do for a living ? What's your job ?

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2008, 02:02:10 AM »

you mean fan forums aren't supposed to consist of people bitching day after day about trival shit and they aren't supposed to include people who are no longer actual fans of the band??  Shocked

Jim Bob, we have argued a bout this for years it seems

my complaint is, Jarmo and u and some others think u have to 100 percent think everything Axl/GNR does is great,amazing out of  this world awesome in order to be a fan.

If I say I think CD was a bad first single and Im not a huge fan of "better" my shit gets deleted and I am painted like I am not a fan which is ridiculous.

I think you can be a fan and still be objective and still hold that band accountable.

Jarmo told me once how he wishes I supported GNR like I did Bon Jovi

well........ I have criticized Bon Jovi probably more than I have Guns N Roses over the years. I have criticized Jon's voice and the fact he smokes and doesn't take care of it therefore he can't hit the high notes anymore, I bitched about the country album, the ultra poppy B-Side song. I blew a gasket when they did American Idol.....

so my point is, you don't have to be a blind overzealous fan that worships and agrees with everything a band does.

Chinese Democracy is a great CD, It isn't the greatest musical masterpiece ever made like we are suppose to believe and I don't love every song on it, but hell, anymore, I don't even comment because of the "u gotta love everything" or u get deleted policy. Also, people will take that as "you are not a fan if you dare have any sort of negative opinion.

I can say how I love this solo and that solo, but if I say I think this solo over here isn't very good, all of a sudden I am not a fan or what have you.

Axl going on MyGNR and the other forum so much makes me think he really doesn't give a shit if someone doesn't like something, hell, he himself said he understood people liking certain other things etc.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 04:42:21 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2008, 04:42:55 AM »

you mean fan forums aren't supposed to consist of people bitching day after day about trival shit and they aren't supposed to include people who are no longer actual fans of the band??  Shocked

Jim Bob, we have argued a bout this for years it seems

my complaint is, Jarmo and u and some others think u have to 100 percent think everything Axl/GNR does is great,amazing out of  this world awesome in order to be a fan.

If I say I think CD was a bad first single and Im not a huge fan of "better" my shit gets deleted and I am painted like I am not a fan which is ridiculous.

I think you can be a fan and still be objective and still hold that band accountable.

well........ I have criticized Bon Jovi probably more than I have Guns N Roses over the years. I have criticized Jon's voice and the fact he smokes and doesn't take care of it therefore he can't hit the high notes anymore, I bitched about the country album, the ultra poppy B-Side song. I blew a gasket when they did American Idol.....

so my point is, you don't have to be a blind overzealous fan that worships and agrees with everything a band does.

Chinese Democracy is a great CD, certainly isn't the greatest musical masterpiece ever made and I don't love every song on it but hell, anymore, I don't even comment because of the "u gotta love everything" or u get deleted policy.

Axl going on MyGNR and the other forum so much makes me think he really doesn't give a shit if someone doesn't like something, hell, he himself said he understood people liking certain other things etc.

Ohh it's a masterpiece all right.   I don't like certain things Axl has done over the years - but that doesn't take anything away from the album.
I was talking with with my cousin at a Christmas party and he said the album has symphonic guitar playing and I agree.  We both can't wait to hear this thing live!! headbanger
we want Axl to play the thing from start to finish.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 04:49:17 AM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2008, 06:13:41 AM »

read what I wrote, I said it isn't the greatest ever made.

Didn't say it wasn't awesome. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2008, 11:05:37 AM »

Your complaint is valid but unfortunately for you, it's uninformed and wrong.

You can call yourself a GN'R fan even if you don't like a single GN'R song. I couldn't care less.

Now, here's the deal, I wouldn't want a bunch of those fans on this board polluting it with their negativity.

By the way, in most cases their whining offers nothing in a way of a discussion.

How do I know this? Because I've seen it.

Talking shit about something they know nothing about, or just whining about something that's not even true to begin with, just doesn't interest me.

Yes, I agree, my definition of a fan is probably a bit different from many of you.

I don't sign up on fan sites to post shit about the artists I'm a fan of. It makes very little sense to me.

I don't look for faults in everything because I'm scared to be called a "fan boy" if it appears like I'm liking something "too much".

I'm not scared of not being "objective".

I don't care if it's laughable that I like everything GN'R has done or that I still get goose bumps when seeing them in concert.

Oooh, so that must mean it's ok to whine about the set list for every show you don't attend....

Yes, it was a little dig at you because it seems like you have a lot of complaints about GN'R while you're busy saying how awesome everything else is in Bad Obsession section.

Kiss

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 11:10:24 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2008, 11:19:32 AM »

"hold them accountable?"

what are we, fans or their parents?  Tongue

I want some of what you're smokin D.   No one said you had to agree with everything or like every single song.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2008, 11:28:52 AM »

No one said you had to agree with everything or like every single song.

Apparently, if you think these whiny fans are wrong and they should just go post somewhere else, you think you're better than them.

It's kinda amusing (or sad, depending on how you see it) how they'll twist shit around.

If I say to one person "you're not a fan" because that person doesn't show any of the "signs" that makes a person a fan, then suddenly I've labeled a whole group of people and I'm evil!

It's the same with anybody who dares to speak out against them.

Band members, people who work for the band or fans. If you say something to one person, it'll get twisted around into meaning "they don't care about their fans".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2008, 12:03:46 PM »

What the fuck is a "nob" ??

It's another word for dick.English people tend to use it hihi
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2008, 09:22:50 AM »

As a member of another forum, we wonder why jarmo ass licks all the time.   We are aware that Guns n' Roses were once a great band and even though we like chinese Cemocracy we feel that it is not up to par with previous albums.   However Jarmo appears to love everything that the Gunners have done and does not tollerate other saying anything different.   Discuss.

Rumba

As members of THIS forum, we wonder why some (but not all) of the other forums allow juvenile pricks who are incapable of a logical point or of rationl discussion to post (witness the above example).  We are aware that those forums have some GREAT posters and mods, and even though we like those forums, we feel many of the posts there are not up to par with those here at HTGTH.  However, people like you appear to love everything about those forums and will not tolerate rational, less confrontational, interaction.

Discuss.

Total nob ^

Abso-fucking-lutely.

Everybody gets a turn!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
victor08
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2009, 01:51:10 PM »

Having principles will never get you anywhere in life, Jarmo just realised that sooner than the rest of us and as a result got his name in the CD credits

Cute.

My principles differ a lot from yours.

Whining about shit I have no control over doesn't make me a happier person.....

That's the main difference.

Also, I don't intend to let a bunch of cry babies decide how I should run my site.

Another principle I have......

I've yet to understand how a fan site is supposed to be a breeding ground for a bunch of people who love nothing other than to put down the band/artist they're "fans" of in order to make a name for themselves online.

/jarmo

fo sho!!!!!!!!!!!!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2009, 03:31:09 PM »

What the fuck is a "nob" ??

a male sausage of love.

I thought it was an unerected penis hihi

Jarmo is just a _very_ enthusiastic fan to me, not sure what the problem to the OP is. Tongue

jarmo is noble? Huh

Not blonde enough to be noble!

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
GeraldFord
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2009, 04:42:02 PM »

As a member of another forum, we wonder why jarmo ass licks all the time.   We are aware that Guns n' Roses were once a great band and even though we like chinese Cemocracy we feel that it is not up to par with previous albums.   However Jarmo appears to love everything that the Gunners have done and does not tollerate other saying anything different.   Discuss.

Rumba

That is your opinion. You don't speak for everyone.
Aussie_Axe
Opening Act

LIVING LIFE IN THE FAST LANE>

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2009, 08:57:35 AM »

Rumba

As members of THIS forum, we wonder why some (but not all) of the other forums allow juvenile pricks who are incapable of a logical point or of rationl discussion to post (witness the above example).  We are aware that those forums have some GREAT posters and mods, and even though we like those forums, we feel many of the posts there are not up to par with those here at HTGTH.  However, people like you appear to love everything about those forums and will not tolerate rational, less confrontational, interaction.

Discuss.

i'm a long time member of another forum, i don't know jarmo, so i don't have a problem with the man personally, he gets a hard time from alot of people, which isn't cool.  the problem i once had with this forum was it wasn't a forum, people couldn't have opinions, well they could....if you agreed with the mods. forums are a place for discussion and opinions, good or bad, like it or not. now i also understand it's jarmos site, so he can do what he wants, but it just makes other forums look better in my opinion.

Distust!. 

For a fee, I'm happy to be
Your back door man, bitch.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2009, 09:39:10 AM »

it just makes other forums look better in my opinion.

Other sites do what they do, we do what we do.

We have a simple policy. We support and respect the band that this site is about.

It's not really a weird concept.

It's all about integrity at the end of the day.

I could not stand for a site that was a breeding ground for negativity and/or hate.

I'm just not interested to be "the guy who runs that site that's constantly bashing the band".

To be associated with that kind of shit does not interest me.

So I get made fun of, insulted, ridiculed, discredited and so on. Whatever.

At least I can say that I'm part of running a site that supports GN'R and is trying to bring something positive to the table instead of worrying about my personal online "image".

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2009, 01:22:06 PM »

Rumba

Discuss.

i'm a long time member of another forum, i don't know jarmo, so i don't have a problem with the man personally, he gets a hard time from alot of people, which isn't cool.  the problem i once had with this forum was it wasn't a forum, people couldn't have opinions, well they could....if you agreed with the mods. forums are a place for discussion and opinions, good or bad, like it or not. now i also understand it's jarmos site, so he can do what he wants, but it just makes other forums look better in my opinion.

Distust!. 

No, see that's YOUR idea of how a forum should be run.  Great.  There are plenty of "less modded" forums out there...and if there is a topic or opinion you'd like to share that doesn't meet the guildlines made clear by the mods HERE...you should by all means go to one of those forums to "vent" on that topic or opinion.

YOU are allowed to HAVE any opinion you want.  To discuss any topic you want.  Just maybe not HERE.  That doesn't make this forum "worse" or "better".  It makes it different.  I LIKE the way the forums here are modded.  It keeps things cleaner, more on topic, with a lot less extraneous "noise".  Are there verboten topics that I sometimes want to discuss?  Sure.  Do I bitch and moan at jarmo to change his site, or tell him he's a nob, or do any number of other completely unhelpful and non-constructive things?  No...I use the little bar that tops my browser, type in the address to another site, and go there.

I don't make a big deal of it.  I don't cry and moan and stomp my feet, or draw attention to myself when I do it.  I don't sit here and put links to those topics in my HTGTH posts.  I just go and do it.  I go "play" somewhere else for a little while.  I doubt jarmo is insulted by it.  Smiley

Again, that doesn't make that site "better", IMHO.  Because to discuss that topic, I usually have to wade through about 20 duplicate topics, 10 "the old band was better" discussions, and a bunch of extraneous information that I either don't care about, or aren't pertinent to the topic I'm really looking to discuss.  That's not my cup of tea, on a day to day basis.  Doesn't make that site worse, either...just different.  Some people really prefer that "freeform", no holds barred, style of discussion.  Bully for them.

I'm not sure why people have such a hard time with this.  At the end of the day..and I sound like a broken record on this...there is one simple fact:  Jarmo's yard, Jarmo's rules.  If you don't like them...don't bitch, don't moan, don't insult him, don't create a ruckus, or form a useless protest (which nobody cares about, FYI).   You're not fighting the good fight, or making a difference, or effecting change, or anything else useful or productive.  Just go do your business elsewhere, where you'll be much happier.  If enough people agreed with you...the place would become a ghost town, and there'd be no posts to bitch about, anyway.  It's happened to other GnR forums, over the years....as it's happened to THOUSANDS of other forums and message boards on the net.

Of course, the "counter" argument when I make that point is:  "But HTGTH has more posters than anywhere else, so that's where I like to post".  Which just makes my point for me, at the end of the day.  Seems jarmo's rules aren't nearly as heinous, horrible, or bothersome as some people would have you believe.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 01:32:44 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2009, 08:08:13 PM »

forums are a place for discussion and opinions, good or bad, like it or not.

Heard about freedom of expression? Hm yes

Creating a forum-atmosphere like Jarmo does is considered that. A decision which is a lesser of some evils.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2009, 09:43:58 PM »

Last I checked I was allowed to post comments that did not praise GNR, and they did not get deleted.

Well, you are kinda wrong. I saw a few posts being deleted because they weren?t exactly a new GNR praise. So i guess, freedom of opinion is not all that free.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: