Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 03:39:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Matt Sorum Interview With Frazer.ca
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt Sorum Interview With Frazer.ca  (Read 11403 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 02:16:57 PM »

and we had the guy that mixed Lincoln Park

wow, they used an urbanist to mix their album. now I understand why it sounded so boring.  hihi

That's funny....

Regarding my original comment: I remember when this shit went down how certain VR members said they fired Scott.

While Scott said he left.

Now even Matt says Scott left....

/jarmo

Scott did leave.  What is your point?  He was leaving to play some shows, AFTER THAT WAS ANNOUNCED, other shit went down.  What came first, the chicken or the egg? 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2008, 02:22:03 PM »

The point is, and we've had this discussion before, the band made is seem like they fired Scott when the truth is he left the band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2008, 02:49:56 PM »

Does it matter?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2008, 02:56:58 PM »

Does it matter?

Of course not!

These guys are known to change their stories. So it's just another case of the same shit....

Nothing unusual at all! Doesn't matter the slightest!

"The truth, rock on!"

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2008, 04:00:01 PM »

Does it matter?

Of course not!

These guys are known to change their stories. So it's just another case of the same shit....

"The truth, rock on!"

/jarmo

Its all semantics.  Slash and Duff will say GNR went down hill when Steven left.. They use the word "left", but we all know he was fired.  You don't always have to say, "fired" when explaining when someone isn't there.  You can just say they "left".
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2008, 04:18:59 PM »

Here is some of the interview...

So, I?m real excited about our third album, because we?re going to be able to do more of what we do with me, Duff and Slash.

lol poor Dave...
thought about that too

Man what a bunch of ego maniacs ! VR is not a band, its Slash, Duff, and Matt.  What about Dave ? is he part of the band ? guess not he's just there to play what's needed. You couldn't pay me enough to sing with these Douchebags, I'd rather spend 50 bucks on a meet and greet with Julia Child's than VR ...  oh excuse me Matt, Slash, and Duff.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2008, 06:31:22 PM »

Does it matter?

Of course not!

"The truth, rock on!"

/jarmo

I guess what I'm saying is does it really matter if these guys are liars.  They are not personal friends of yours or mine or in direct contact with them so we will never really be affected by their lies (unless they lie about a show that you have already purchased tickets to I guess). 

In the end you just like pointing out they are liars every chance you can instead of just ignoring what they have to say.  And I'm not taking a shot at you either per se more just a shot at all the people that come into this section just to see what they can drum up based on what the former members of GNR have to say.  I understand this is a GNR forum but it has a VR section and unless that section is only here so that other fans can talk shit it's pointless to come into VR threads to stir the pot.  Eventually someone brings up someone else that has nothing to do with the conversation and then the flame begins.  Kind of like what happened here.  The interview was about recording of a new album and how they recorded the previous albums and why.  Not why Scott left or how he left or how much input Matt had on the UYI albums. 

I understand most here are biased but it doesn't have to be that way.  You can enjoy one band or the other without hating on the band you don't enjoy.  Or you can enjoy both as some of us do.  If you don't like one of the bands that's fine but not every little feeling you have has to be conveyed on the internet.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2008, 06:51:08 PM »

Does it matter?

Of course not!

"The truth, rock on!"

/jarmo

I guess what I'm saying is does it really matter if these guys are liars.  They are not personal friends of yours or mine or in direct contact with them so we will never really be affected by their lies (unless they lie about a show that you have already purchased tickets to I guess). 

In the end you just like pointing out they are liars every chance you can instead of just ignoring what they have to say.  And I'm not taking a shot at you either per se more just a shot at all the people that come into this section just to see what they can drum up based on what the former members of GNR have to say.  I understand this is a GNR forum but it has a VR section and unless that section is only here so that other fans can talk shit it's pointless to come into VR threads to stir the pot.  Eventually someone brings up someone else that has nothing to do with the conversation and then the flame begins.  Kind of like what happened here.  The interview was about recording of a new album and how they recorded the previous albums and why.  Not why Scott left or how he left or how much input Matt had on the UYI albums. 

I understand most here are biased but it doesn't have to be that way.  You can enjoy one band or the other without hating on the band you don't enjoy.  Or you can enjoy both as some of us do.  If you don't like one of the bands that's fine but not every little feeling you have has to be conveyed on the internet.

Don't expect to come to a GnR board, that has a VR section and not have a biased opinion.  Personally I could give a rat's ass what Matt has to say, I mean if he wants to talk shit about Scott , well atleast Scott can put out a half way decent solo album compared to that Hollywood Zen BS.  Matt face it quit living off your GnR legacy you were lucky enough to get the job.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2008, 07:27:05 PM »

A lot of liars don't affect me personally. That doesn't mean I have to agree with them.

Their lies do affect people who listen to them in one way or another.

Their fans might look at them differently because of what they say. So it's not always about the music, even if we can wish it was. Unfortunately it's not and image is very important.

Lies can get you things like sympathy, support and so on when you don't deserve them.

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2008, 08:06:46 PM »

A lot of liars don't affect me personally. That doesn't mean I have to agree with them.

Their lies do affect people who listen to them in one way or another.

Their fans might look at them differently because of what they say. So it's not always about the music, even if we can wish it was. Unfortunately it's not and image is very important.

Lies can get you things like sympathy, support and so on when you don't deserve them.

/jarmo

That last sentence is about Slash isn't it. 
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2008, 08:09:47 PM »

Did Matt even write anything on UYI?

i am looking forward to VR's New Record, i've grown quite found of them, specially with the new guns record out. Both Bands sound very different and they offer different takes on Rn'R, so it's all good.

I used to think that you'd either be a VR fan or a Gn'r Fan, but that doesn't really make any sense.

So true.  

I'v never understood why GNR fans side with one or the other.  I just wish Slash and Duff could/can find a good singer/songerwriter for VR.  If they would sack sorum and bring in Adler and Izzy we'd have a kick ass band!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2008, 08:26:40 PM »

No, it was a general statement about how people lie to get things from others. Things they wouldn't get without the lies.

When you lie to make yourself seem like a victim, you might get sympathy and understanding.

/jarmo

Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2008, 08:27:42 PM »

Good interview! Matt don't say that they didn't fire Scott so get your facts straight and don't make up what is being said. I believe that Matt wrote a lot of the drumparts he did. Their was some parts that were allready written, like the intro to "You could be mine" but most of the other parts I believe were written by Matt Sorum. If Matt say's that he wrote together with the band there is no reason to not believe it, if it's not being denied by any other band member.

Anyway, great read! I hope they will find a singer soon and make a record and start touring. I like the Million Dollar Reload singer, him or someone quite similiar is what I think would be the best for VR.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2008, 08:28:42 PM »

No, it was a general statement about how people lie to get things from others. Things they wouldn't get without the lies.

When you lie to make yourself seem like a victim, you might get sympathy and understanding.

/jarmo

I agree with that.  I hate when people lie!
jeffaz02t
Opening Act

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2008, 11:12:40 PM »

This has nothing to do with Axl so all you Matt fans might as well stop trying to amake it about him (again).

hihi

/jarmo

I am not a "Matt fan." I am a fan of Guns N' Roses. Matt played on half of GnR's studio albums, so as a fan of Guns N' Roses I do like Matt. Believe it or not, it is ok to not bash everything a former member of GnR does. Axl is great, CD is great, but liking Axl and CD does not mean we must find every possible reason to nit pick at whatever old members say.

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2008, 11:49:22 PM »

This has nothing to do with Axl so all you Matt fans might as well stop trying to amake it about him (again).

hihi

/jarmo

I am not a "Matt fan." I am a fan of Guns N' Roses. Matt played on half of GnR's studio albums, so as a fan of Guns N' Roses I do like Matt. Believe it or not, it is ok to not bash everything a former member of GnR does. Axl is great, CD is great, but liking Axl and CD does not mean we must find every possible reason to nit pick at whatever old members say.

One minute Matt is saying I signed up for a Rock N Roll band and now we have a full orchestra ?  Then once they fire Scott, he kisses up to Axl saying We had our own jets, limo's, and played Stadiums.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2008, 12:17:15 AM »

hihi

/jarmo

And Steven Adler played on Live Like a Suicide, Appetite for Destruction, GN'R Lies, Use Your Illusion II, Live Era, and Greatest Hits.

You've chosen to defend Matt Scrotum, whose impact on the band was about the same as Gilby Clarke's. Good choice.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2008, 08:05:16 AM »

Steven Adler played on Live Like a Suicide, Appetite for Destruction, GN'R Lies, Use Your Illusion II, Live Era, and Greatest Hits.

You've chosen to defend Matt Scrotum, whose impact on the band was about the same as Gilby Clarke's. Good choice.

Matt recorded more songs with GN'R than Steven Adler did.
Steven only played on one song on UYI 2, Live Era has just as many Matt live songs as there are Steven live songs, and Greatest Hits is just a compilation of songs from the previous albums featuring both of them, so that doesn't really prove your point.

I think Steven had as much hand in songwriting as Matt did - ie. none

But both of them are good drummers.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
jeffaz02t
Opening Act

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2008, 02:22:12 PM »

hihi

/jarmo

And Steven Adler played on Live Like a Suicide, Appetite for Destruction, GN'R Lies, Use Your Illusion II, Live Era, and Greatest Hits.

And I would defend Steven from your trolls as well. and BTW- Steven played on ONE song on UYI II, and LIVE like a suicide was just 4 songs that ended up on Lies. You sound like a republican with your strange use of "facts". Matt was on Live Era and Greatest Hits as well. So, as I said, Matt is on HALF of GnR's STUDIO albums.

Your Gilby comment is stupid as well. Gilby played on one album, Matt played on HALF of their studio albums.
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2008, 04:06:03 PM »

/jarmo

I agree with that.  I hate when people lie!

I agree- people lying about their real motives and meanings of their words sucks doesnt it?!  hihi
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 04:08:56 PM by Lineker10 » Logged

Riot In Everyone!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: