Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:40:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  F1 - 2009 season
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: F1 - 2009 season  (Read 37791 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2009, 08:48:47 AM »

Williams and the Red Bull teams didn't let Ferrari test because the rules are the same for everyone. Which is a fair point.

Yes, but this wasn't like Toro Rosso who fired their driver in the middle of the season. It was because of an unfortunate accident and I'm sure
they could have made the exception. After all if teams like Brawn and Mclaren have no problems, why should Williams?

Right now young drivers can't get any F1 experience as test drivers before making their race debuts.

Yes, but it's the same for everyone isn't it? The cars keep changing as teams make modifications throughout the season and even seasoned F1 drivers
can only test the car during practice.

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2009, 09:18:28 AM »

Williams are a former big team who hasn't won in years. I'm sure they'll use whatever power they have to benefit themselves...

I think the system with a third driver who did testing work was better than what we have now.

It's become more apparent now with the recent events...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2009, 12:14:27 PM »

They cut out in-season testing to save money. And as you can see right now it's still possible to have a good car turn bad and a bad car turn fast (Brawn and McLaren).

As far as I'm concerned they can keep the in-season testing ban to save money. However a change which says replacement drivers are allowed to test a certain mileage should be made though
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2009, 03:05:50 PM »

As far as I'm concerned they can keep the in-season testing ban to save money. However a change which says replacement drivers are allowed to test a certain mileage should be made though

And how fair would that be? They could test new parts and get valuable tests that nobody else would.

Of course it's possible to develop your car without testing, but is that really the way F1 should be?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2009, 02:18:07 AM »

I think the current rules are fair enough. Teams shouldn't wantonly replace their drivers mid season. For most teams, the test drivers are the reserve drivers anyway, so they would have had some experience with the car in pre-season testing.

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2009, 10:17:49 AM »

They shouldn't but they always have. Not only due to the results on the track, but for unforeseen reasons as well.

I also think it's bullshit that the pinnacle of motorsports has banned testing during the season. You're supposed to keep developing your car until the end.

You can simulate etc. but it's not the same thing. Besides, the whole thing about wind tunnels and simulators, is that fair? Does every team have access to the same equipment? Obviously the bigger your budget is, the better/more equipment can you afford.

I also don't understand why the FIA can't inspect all cars weeks before the first race in order to determine which ones are within the rules. So there's not another double diffuser issue....

Everybody would know what's allowed before the season starts if there are any unclear rule definitions.

/jarmo

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2009, 03:34:58 AM »

Why doesn't the FIA fund or arrange equal funding for all teams? That would remove the disparity and level the playing field. As it stands, all it does is spout rules and make money from F1 rights. Max Mosley should have been booted a long time ago...

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2009, 05:44:27 AM »

Max will be gone from the FIA soon.  Grin

Two old guys running it for their own profit. Time to end their reign.....

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2009, 10:11:16 AM »

And the best driver in the field returns to the GP winners club after a too long absence!

Congrats Kimi!  Grin

/jarmo

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2009, 11:39:05 AM »

And the best driver in the field returns to the GP winners club after a too long absence!

Congrats Kimi!  Grin

Indeed! Good win for Kimi!  ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2009, 01:49:24 PM »

Congrats Kimi!  Grin

/jarmo

Best driver in the field returns to the GP winners club? Yeah right.. Tongue

Kimi did a great job this weekend, he did need it though after a not so good 1st season half and especially last year the final GP's which were basically really bad.

In other news, appearantly there's proof that Piquet Jr. crash in Singapore '08 was staged.. Renault asked him to so the safety car would appear which meant good news for Alonso, who would therefore win the race.. the FIA is conducting an investigation to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plN4kwplcZc&feature=related
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 02:26:41 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2009, 05:03:28 PM »

Congrats Kimi!  Grin

/jarmo

Best driver in the field returns to the GP winners club? Yeah right.. Tongue

Kimi did a great job this weekend, he did need it though after a not so good 1st season half and especially last year the final GP's which were basically really bad.

In other news, appearantly there's proof that Piquet Jr. crash in Singapore '08 was staged.. Renault asked him to so the safety car would appear which meant good news for Alonso, who would therefore win the race.. the FIA is conducting an investigation to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plN4kwplcZc&feature=related

What happened to no more team orders after the Schumacher/Barichello flap?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2009, 04:58:32 PM »

There's no team orders!

Wink

Giancarlo Fisichella will drive for Ferrari starting at the Italian GP next week.

/jarmo

IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2009, 03:25:34 PM »

Lotus is now officially the last new team for 2010. However BMW Sauber (which today also has been confirmed) is taken over by Qabad and are listed as the spare 14th team. However the FIA wants to talk to to the teams to stretch the max team limit from 13 to 14 teams. I hope they all agree.. BMW says they assume they're also gonna be on the grid next year.

But, rumours are that if Renault is found guilty on the 21th they might announce their departure from F1 (nice excuse to leave in this crisis time). In that case maybe the only other serieus team entry, Epsilon Euskadi, could be the 5th new team for next year.

Either way, atleast 13 teams next year, likely 14 which is really really great for F1.. they need more cars, slow or not. Also now the balance is goodwise restored to a healthy number of factory and private teams again. F1 needs more private teams cause they have more racing spirit, (when shit hits the fan they don't easily step out of F1 cause that is their only making-a-living) and private teams have more flair/atmosphere then colder factory teams imo.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 03:27:31 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
elmir
VIP

« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2009, 08:37:54 AM »

news so far:

Renault have been slapped with a two-year suspended disqualification for race-fixing at last year's Singapore GP.

The team faced the FIA's World Motor Sport Council in Paris earlier today, spending just 90 minutes in front of the 26-man Council, which includes FIA President Max Mosley and F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone.

Renault, prior to the hearing, revealed that they wouldn't dispute the charges which related to then team boss Flavio Briatore and director of engineering Pat Symonds allegedly ordering Nelson Piquet Jr to crash in order to help his team-mate Fernando Alonso to the race win.

The charges meant Renault could face either a fine, suspension or even expulsion from Formula One, however, after deliberating the Council opted for a suspended punishment.

Renault have been given a disqualification that is suspended until the end of the 2011 season.

As for Briatore, he reportedly has been banned from all F1 activities including driver management.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2009, 10:33:35 AM »

Bye Flavio!

/jarmo

elmir
VIP

« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2009, 10:39:16 AM »

yup....pitty about the drivers he is managing....but they'll find someone new soon enough...

"For an unlimited period, the FIA does not intend to sanction any International Event, Championship, Cup, Trophy, Challenge or Series involving Mr. Briatore in any capacity whatsoever, or grant any license to any Team or other entity engaging Mr. Briatore in any capacity whatsoever.

"It also hereby instructs all officials present at FIA-sanctioned events not to permit Mr. Briatore access to any areas under the FIA's jurisdiction.

"Furthermore, it does not intend to renew any Superlicence granted to any driver who is associated (through a management contract or otherwise) with Mr. Briatore, or any entity or individual associated with Mr. Briatore.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2009, 10:53:11 AM »

That's true. But maybe it'll be good for them.

I mean, who wants to be associated with somebody who's got that reputation now?

/jarmo

elmir
VIP

« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2009, 12:22:48 PM »

His best friend Bernie?
Takes a gangster to know a gangster...

But honestly, the only difference between flavio and other high flyers in F1 is that he got caught...
They're all the same...his soccer club ownership may be terminated too though, but his other business interests won't suffer...he owns so many nightclubs, if anything, this will provide him with more street cred in those "mafioso" circles...

Guys like him will always be fine...

IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2009, 11:50:28 AM »

So... Alonso to Ferrari, Kimi to McLaren, Rosberg to Brawn, Kubica to Renault and Barrichello to Williams. Cool

Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: