Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 07:50:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Future Q&As with Axl (UPDATED)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Future Q&As with Axl (UPDATED)  (Read 40886 times)
Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2008, 11:19:24 AM »

What do you make of Lewis Hamilton's impact in F1?

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2008, 11:27:02 AM »

Question :

Hope this doesn't sound odd - but 'You Could Be Mine' is classic shagging music!

Axl - do you ever put  a Guns CD on in the background when you are with the groupies?!? Wink
cineater
Legend

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2008, 11:28:36 AM »

I think as fans we expect Axl to be in control or have oversight of everything GNR.  I did like to know what he has control over and where others in the business take over.

If he wants to give us names and e-mail address of the others responsible......  lol, just kidding.  I just want us to stop blaming him for shit he has no control over.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2008, 11:38:23 AM »

Big GNR fan from Indonesia and I already post this at CD.com

1. Do you have any plan to tour country like Singapore or Indonesia?
2. The intro for November Rain at HOB 2001, it's amazing! Is that piano piece a part or parts of a new unheard song that you will put out on the next album??

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2008, 12:08:11 PM »

Thanks for Chinese. The album is great.

1. In the booklet you thank Dregen and Nicke Borg. Im from sweden so Im curios how your relationship to those guys are. Do you hang out?

2. Do you have anything to tell us that we dont know about the incident with the security guard at the hotel after the show in sweden 2006. Pretty much all we have heard has came from the newspapers and we know how trustworthy those guys are. If you dont want to talk about that thing maybe you could tell us any other cooll stuff that happend at the party or the gig in sweden.

Rock on Axl and thanks for answering questions from the fans. Thats really cool of you!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 05:00:24 PM by gokken » Logged
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2008, 12:23:19 PM »

Hey Axl, just want to say thanks for the music, GNR's helped me through countless tough times and accompanied me through the good as well, so thanks a lot. Awesome show in Manchester 06 btw, it was amazing!

1) You mentioned the struggle you had getting CD released and all the shit you had to wade through. Does the fact that CD has now been released make it easier for followup albums to be released or will it always be the same fight to get your music out?

2) A lot was made of the setlist in 06 and how it was Appetite heavy as opposed to including more Illusions material. Was there a specific reason for this or was it just a personal preference from you and the band?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2008, 12:24:00 PM »

I've tried this in another thread, but in case this is the one that takes:

1. What's the significance of 'Cool Hand Luke' to you, and is it's use in Madagascar a deliberate call back to Civil War?

2. A lot of people are resistant to listen to the new album and close themselves off by saying 'that's not the real Guns N' Roses' - how do you think a fan should respond to that kind of thing?

And there goes the challenger...
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2008, 12:34:37 PM »

1) Gn'R never had much b-sides in the past. there were some live versions like "live and let die" or "kohd", the "you're crazy" acoustic alternate take, "whole lotta rosie" cover, and shadow of your love. will this time be diferent, like will we get bonus stuff on cd-singles or special itunes downloads? you must have so many alt. versions, like the new OMG you mentioned, it'll be cool to listen to them.

2) what was the original idea for the estranged video? (the real part 3 of the trilogy)

3) will you play all CD's songs on the next tour? (i hope so!) and do u plan to start playing some stuff from the new record before it's released?

4) ok, now this one is kinda stupid to ask, since i believe you're not interested in this scenario at all, but in case of a reunion will you rather have steven or matt?
raffaelbh
Headliner

Rock in Rio need back to Rio

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2008, 12:57:44 PM »

About trilogy   beer

Actually there is a trilogy on some of your songs? I never understood this trilogy, what are the songs that are part and what the meaning of this?   Huh

Rock in Rio needs back to Rio
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2008, 01:00:52 PM »

About trilogy   beer

Actually there is a trilogy on some of your songs? I never understood this trilogy, what are the songs that are part and what the meaning of this?   Huh

lol it made me laugh when somebody asked him what will be the next song in the trilogy after This I Love - how many songs can there be in a trilogy? hihi
Axl answered the question in a cool manner though and actually got me excited about that acoustic piece.

To answer your question: November Rain and Estranged are considered to be the first two songs in the trilogy and This I Love (way before anyone knew if it actually existed, let alone heard it) was always considered to be the third piece. I don't know where (if) Axl talked about this, but I guess it had to do with the epicness of the songs and the grandiose videos.

Hopefully Axl can elaborate on this.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 01:05:19 PM by The Shackler » Logged

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2008, 01:04:11 PM »

Were any of the leaks put out by the record label as an to blackmail you in some way, perhaps into releasing the album?                                                                                                        I love the new album, especially Better and Scraped(of which I can't help but notice the similarity to Oh My God: perhaps written together?).  What musical direction will the next album(s) take? I hope we can expect to hear more in the vein of the aforementioned songs. Thanks for taking the time to do this, and for all the great music over the years.  beer
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 01:10:45 PM by destroier » Logged
Juanjay
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2008, 01:06:18 PM »

My question is which of your tattoos do you do you like the most? The guy that did a few of mine did some of yours as well and it was interesting hearing what he had to say, in being that you were completely opposite of what most people assumed.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2008, 01:22:55 PM »

What do the symbols on the bottom of tyhe "The Spaghetti Incident?" cover mean?

Is Chinese Democracy exactly how you wanted it to be (exept for the booklet) or would you still like to change something?

Thank you for all the great music you gave us over the last 20+ years and the great concerts (saw you twice in Belgium and once in Ireland >> Best show ever!!!)
elmir
VIP

« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2008, 01:45:37 PM »

i had a few questions in the other thread, but it looks like they have been answered in a way already, so i'll keep this brief:

1. Was Tommy's hand injury the real reason for the cancellation of the tour in South Africa..?...or were there other management/promoter issues..?

2. You said the "biography" material was too depressing to go back to and finish off....why not get Del James to sort it out...?

I know there are no plans for the tour as yet...but do add us down here as a stopover at least....i need my CD signed...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 01:48:19 PM by elmir » Logged

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2008, 01:53:05 PM »

1. I really like Just Another Sunday, would you consider rerecording it with the new band and put it on a future release ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2008, 02:10:19 PM »

1) Axl, How do you feel the change in the music industry has affected Chinese Democracy, in terms of both the music itself and also in the political and social context of it?

2) Nice simple question here, Which frontmen/songwriters have had the biggest influence on you past and present in both live & recording environments?

Thanks!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2008, 02:12:46 PM »

Artists and political activism. What's your take on it?

Do you/would you like to lean more towards the "entertainers should just entertain" philosophy or the other extreme? Obviously you carry at least some interest to these issues which by now should worry each and every one. Can you see yourself/GNR using your influence in fans and taking a stand on some issues?

Also, have you made any drastic changes to your wealth management and/or other things the current and expected future economic situation affects? Have you any thoughts to share regarding the current economic events in general?

P.S.   Thanks for making absolutely great music. I have no idea how it can match my taste so perfectly. And big thanks also for setting an example on personal integrity!
manicstreet
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2008, 02:19:24 PM »

This is probably a personal question, but how did you end up hooking up with Izzy again? In my opinion you two are the best song writing duo, better than Jagger/Richards & Lennon/Mccartney.

1 more. Do you ever plan on releasing the Illusion tour Documentary?

Regards,

Charles in Detroit
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 02:38:58 PM by manicstreet » Logged
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2008, 02:20:11 PM »

Axl, aka Dexter, aka "he who inspires me":

1.  Do you read the CD reviews written by your fans here at HTGTH?
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=54390.0

2.  Have you been reading these boards over the past 7 years?

Thanks,
Kevin (K-Rock)   beer

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
poorlakers
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2008, 02:47:20 PM »

September 02, 2005, 04:40:54 PM 
It must have been in 1976 or 1977 a buddy & I were at a party in Pettit (some good parties happened there) at about 2 AM some young guys took the stage & played Free Bird. It was so good, it had to be Ax. Like I said, only a few would know & I wish I could find out if indeed it was him!!  Those who would know, please respond

Poorlakers
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: