Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 07:54:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Future Q&As with Axl (UPDATED)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Future Q&As with Axl (UPDATED)  (Read 40888 times)
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2008, 08:06:33 AM »

Isn't there a thread for this already?

Yup.

And there goes the challenger...
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2008, 08:12:04 AM »

Yeah but maybe this is the one Jarmo wants us to use.
That said, stop the discussion, this thread is for questions for Axl.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Gunsaddicted
Opening Act

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2008, 08:45:11 AM »

I believe that many intelligent questions about the new album will be asked, then I will ask two very simple questions:   
1 - How are you?   
2 - What would you like the fans to ask you? 
 ok

Face your fears and live your drems!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2008, 09:11:51 AM »

Great idea so we don't waste his time flooding the thread:

1.What is your workout regimen like?

2. How long did it take you to fit all the amazing quotes in Madagascar together into a story?

Thanks dude!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2008, 09:49:53 AM »

There's a quote I heard somewhere that goes like "Catharsis? My arse is capable of more flush"  With that in mind, have songs like Estranged, Coma, Locomotive, This I Love (or any song for that matter) helped put to rest the demons that you felt at the time?  In short, do you find your songwriting to be cathartic? Personally, just listening to these songs has helped me through so much.

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2008, 10:07:20 AM »

how do you found buckethead?
we know most of the other people had a connection with the band (tommy with josh, chris with billy, tommy with richard.. etc)

what do you think about the solo records of the guys: village gorilla head, sextapes, bbfs albums?

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
oneAXLinamillion
Headliner

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2008, 10:13:50 AM »

Ok Axl  Cool

1) What do you inspire to compose such unique and amazing piano lead tunes?

2)  "Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot. "  Charlie Chaplin   What do you think
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 10:22:04 AM by oneAXLinamillion » Logged
axleire
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2008, 10:15:00 AM »

Hi Axl What car do you use daily do you still have the Enzo.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2008, 10:18:55 AM »

Hey Axl, will there be a music video, or a short film about Madagascar?, because that song deserves to have a visual aspect to portray its political and artistic themes.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2008, 10:28:21 AM »

recently what event was the most touching for you?

and what made you laugh the best?

cheers for everything. I'm soo loving the album.  beer
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2008, 10:32:50 AM »

Mr. Rose, thank you for everything. Your epic ballad November Rain was the main inspiration for me to become a musician. I've now been playing keyboard and piano since 1993.

So on that end, a former colleague [tracii guns, not to namedrop] has insisted that you had been playing November Rain since at least 1983, with that name picked out and everything, and said that it was "the only thing you knew how to play". When did you initially come up with the song, and what was the original inspiration?
Dark Angel
Rocker

Life is what happens in-between...

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2008, 10:40:42 AM »

1. You answered "Cars, checking out art, F1. I'm more into film scores" to this question: "What do you do in your spare time for a hobby what else do you love except music?" Well what's your fave. car? And what car(s) do you have?

2. What do you think about Bfoot's new solo album Abnormal?

bfoot - "Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have ?
enjoy what you do have"
www.bumblefoot.com
www.baldfreak.com
mikrosvk
Opening Act

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2008, 10:43:03 AM »

Axl, GN'R music changed my life, your song is in my head every day. It is nice 17 years with your music since 1991.
My dream come truth when I was under stage in Prague in 2006 and you and perfect band was there.  ok

Please come to the Slovakia - small big country in heart of Europe. You have a lot of fans here. Thank for new CD - amazing...

My quastion is:

1. What do you feel when you are done on stage - how it is, when crowd want more music?
2. what is your favorite Slash's solos?

Thank you for music, thank you for my inspiration, you are great.

PS. Sorry for my english.  Tongue
Rupean
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2008, 10:52:39 AM »

Hi,
all the ex-members (Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt, Gilby,...) say that you're an amazing frontman, singer, perfomer and songwritter and they all said they loved Chinese Democracy. What they all seem to complain was the way you treated the band and it's members:
- getting late to shows, spending lot's of money, not hanging out with the band, not showing up to rehearsalls, bringing new musicians they didn't knew or liked, forcing them to play what you wanted,...

Now, 10 years after, do you feel that you could have done things different, do you at least understand their point of view? Why couldn't you all just get along and everyone take their own responsability to make the band work, did you tried to do your part on it?

Also, on the "Making Fucking Videos Part IV - Estranged" we can clearly hear an acoustic solo with you whistling, a track that latter became "Back and Forth Again" from the 1st Snakepit (we can also year a piano solo that sounds a little like This I Love); what other Snakepit songs did you rejected and why?

Regards from Rui, Portugal
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 10:55:08 AM by Rupean » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2008, 10:55:24 AM »

1. You answered "Cars, checking out art,

and what artist do ya dig?
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2008, 10:58:03 AM »

First of all your voice sounds sonic Fantastic on the album !

What you think about buckethead solo work and  the albums Eletric Tears and Colma ?!

The first time you heard the The was a time outro how do you felt ?!

What you think about the haters on the boards that hated BucketHead and now asking him to come back ?!

Lets talk about Riady why did you changed the Fink/bucket solo  to the Bumble s ?!

Scraped it is about Bi polar troughts and feelings the ups and downs ?!

All of the new songs what is the one you are looking more for do it live ?!

Any coment about the Rock in Rio 3 ?! How you felt the puplic...Beta speak etc..

On the 02 tour  your voice it was not the same , i mean the raspy it was not there at all,what was going on with your voice back them ?! it was an another way to aproach the songs...i mean on the 06 tour your voice was much more stronger !

Rock in Rio 3 i had  a blast, great show great memories take care.

KIKO/

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
nateinthehon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2008, 11:02:35 AM »

Hey Axl,

1. Which member of the new band, do you seem to click with songwriting wise, the best? I was kinda suprised to see Robin w/ only 1 credit(Better). And a 2nd part to this question, was there any thoughts of bringing Izzy in as a songwriter and would that be open for the future for you two to work together, even if its not under the GNR name.

2. Can you set me up on a date with jamie-Lynn Sigler from the Sopranos?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2008, 11:12:19 AM »

What was your reaction to the critical response to Chinese Democracy?

Was there ever a thought to change the name of the album?

What happened to your role in the film Highlander III, directed by old Guns video director Andy Morahan?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
MrIntensity
Opening Act

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2008, 11:12:23 AM »

Axl, congratulations on the release of Chinese Democracy, my two questions are as follows....

1.Do you ever see Guns N Roses performing "Coma" live again? It's an 11 minute long track and I'm sure you want to play as much new material as possible, but when speaking amongst people who appreciate great music, if they are not a gnr fan, it's always the song I reccomend to someone from the old material. It's a masterpiece.

2.Since all of us fans have been so good over the years and never talk down on you, never whine, never ever complain, never post leaks or even ask for leaks.. hihi do you think you could be nice enough to perform one new track live that isn't on Chinese Democracy or a re-worked version of Silkworms/Oh my God on the next tour.  beer

Thanks for all the great music over the years Axl, you and EVERY member of Guns N Roses over the years have touched a lot of people's souls, you even owned mine while I was in New York for the Hammerstein shows...

Best of luck in 2009...
                                                                                          -Justin peace
DizzyReed63
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2008, 11:19:12 AM »

Just one quick loaded question:
What in the hell happened in Philly '02? We've never heard a real answer from any side, beside the crap piece Blender wrote. I was at that gig, and have always wondered what was really going on.

And thanks for the great, kick-ass performances in NYC and Huntington '06! West Virginia didn't know what hit'em   Cool

-E

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: