Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:49:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Future Q&As with Axl (UPDATED)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Future Q&As with Axl (UPDATED)  (Read 40922 times)
Dennis
Opening Act

« Reply #180 on: December 15, 2008, 04:40:40 PM »

ey Axl i hope you read this Smiley

i have a few questions

1) who is the child in the estranged video?

2) what is you're favorite color and favorite food? hehe i like to know that Grin

3) it was very nice to see you in 2006 here in nijmegen Wink i hope to see you again here in my hometown:) do you like nijmegen? the city itself?

thanks Axl for making chinese democracy the most numbers descripes some hard times that i had this year mostly this i love thank you very much again the album means a lot to me!

Love and peace for you Axl

Dennis Wink
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #181 on: December 15, 2008, 04:52:28 PM »

Questions for Axl that I don't think have been asked:

Is there any plans to have the entire Chinese Democracy album up for download in Rock Band 2? Please say yes. I want to add that I really dug hearing you dj the rock station in GTA: San Andrea. That was the only station in the game I would listen too. You were great! Brings me to my next question.

How was that experience? You seemed like you were having a lot of fun. And, would you ever consider doing any more voice work in other projects?

China. Thank you so very fucking much for thumbing your nose at them the way you do in the title track. This song is actually very powerful and I don't think very many even get it exactly. It is actually really ballsy that you are, again, thumbing your nose at them. That is a lot ballsier then going off on some 2 bit punk jounalist or some other singer from a shitty band. Are you at all surprised by there reaction and if so, did you laugh your ass off, at least on the inside?

I know you talked briefly regarding Buckethead but let's talk brass tacks. Are you in contact with Buckethead about future collaborations?

Buckethead, to be honest with you, was the one who really made me not care that Slash wasn't involved initially. Actually getting to hear the top notch musicianship and guitar work on the new album really cements that and that fact is, I just don't care that he (Slash) isn't. In fact I think the album is so good I say good riddance. Buckethead is obviously a big part of this and his solo's specifically I think stand out as some of GNR's finest. You two seem to make a great team. I find the songs that attract me most in altered states on this album all seem to ironically have Bucket involved. Which brings me to my final thought, at least for now:

If The World has become a stoner go to. Absolutely love it. Any chance of you doing more tripped out music? I think your voice backed by this tripped out sound really complements each other. I guess what I am saying is that wherever you want to take the sound, I am onboard.

P.S. I am really taken with the new album. Chinese Democracy is something truly timeless and special. Sitting pretty with only a very small select few.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #182 on: December 15, 2008, 04:52:56 PM »

Ok, 10 pages of questions, so lets try one that nobody's asked Tongue

1) What type of knot do you tie your tie in.. ok

2) I know you said you dont really listen to much new stuff, but what do you think of  'Black Tide'?  These kids are awesome imo.

Lastly CD is brilliant so much heart and soul in it, possibly the album of the decade musically and i hope for a bit more promotion so others may enjoy it like i have!
Great work!

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 04:54:38 PM by demanding_GNR_rock » Logged
tgeorge628
Opening Act

« Reply #183 on: December 15, 2008, 04:54:12 PM »

Axl,

I love chinese democracy, it's really a masterpiece.  As a Boston, MA native I have to ask:

1)  Are you a fan of anything Boston like the Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins or Patriots (even though we beat your beloved Raiders back in 2001), the venues, the people here?

Thank you very much in advance and please come back to Boston Soon!

Happy Holidays,
TG beer
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #184 on: December 15, 2008, 05:26:42 PM »

Hi Axl,

First my congrats for releasing chinese democracy. I think it is a masterpiece. Saw "old guns" in Madrid in 93 and "guns" in Madrid 06 and in Bilbao`s festival. Been a fan since more than 20 years ago.....even my little child (one year old) is beggining to hear some songs  hihi

Questions:

1.- As you're a F1 fan and in Spain we are quite supportive of Alonso, despite your friendship with Raikkonnen..... who do you think will win the 09 season?. How many Cristal did you and Raikkonnen had when you hang out? beer

2.- What do you feel is your biggest achievement in your music career?

3.- Do you foresee in the future releasing a "more instrumetal type" of solo album?

4.- Have you been in touch with "gobernator" since t2?

I find it really nice of you to come to these boards and spend your time talking and answering to fans, even giving your side of the story without profiting from it.

ps. should you need any legal advice in Spain (not wishing you any legal problems here Cry), do not hesitate to contact me Grin
pss hearing live til, shackler's, prostitute, scrapped, breakdown and don't damm me would be incredible ok
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 05:29:57 PM by Cocaine__tongue » Logged

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Agata
Headliner

Rabbit Run

« Reply #185 on: December 15, 2008, 05:35:30 PM »

I remember being 16 in 1992, staring at the map of Europe only to follow your tour stops with my finger with people around me thinking I was losing it  Roll Eyes. And me wondering how they were managing to keep it cool.

14 years passed, and on the 15th of June 2006 you arrived in Poland. No map this time, my own backyard...

I wish to thank you for coming to Poland, sir.

And I'm afraid I'm no different from any of those who wish you had some memories of their "special" places and their "special" shows. In truth, I don't expect you to remember, but should you have any slightest recollections, please share... Should you not, could you just comment on what I said, so when one day somebody asks me' 'What did you do last night?', I'll be able to reply, ' The usual, corrected some of my students' papers, obviously they sucked, so I had some martini, then I talked to Axl Rose, caught some news on TV, and went to sleep.' And who is the loser now?  ok

You may not know this, but you are a life-keeper...

Agata

You walk a mile in my shoes
And then you tell me about singing the Blues
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #186 on: December 15, 2008, 05:36:25 PM »

@Buddha

the answer to Rock Band 2 was yes as far as I remember. hard to search from phone.
nateinthehon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: December 15, 2008, 05:46:18 PM »

I actuallt thatught of 1 outstanding two-part question that I have not seen asked yet:

Axl, in 99, you did a RS interview and played them tracks from CD. In that interview you said it would not be healthy to talk to Izzy when he showed up at your house. Since then, the two of you played onstage and obviously re-conviened(spell). Could you elaborate on how you two patched things up, and have you recorded/wrote together? Also could you comment on talking with Gilby, Matt, and Steven?
AxlsASexyBitch23
Opening Act

« Reply #188 on: December 15, 2008, 06:33:41 PM »

Hey Axl! Well to start you have the nicest ass I've ever seen! drool It's perfect and looks amazing especially in your biker shorts [which I hope to see you in soon]. Okay.
1. Do you ever stand in front of the mirror naked and tell yourself how hot you are?

2. Do you have a girlfriend?

*Danielle* Hope to see you in Chicago soon! [Without a shirt on and wearing your black shorts and cop hat! drool]
My two favorite pics!

Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #189 on: December 15, 2008, 06:36:27 PM »

Some of the current band memeber's have really good voices, have you ever spoke about letting them sing parts on albums or live? like Duff and Izzy did?

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #190 on: December 15, 2008, 06:39:31 PM »

What albums are you waiting for? ;-)

Outside of touring, have you travelled the world and if so what have you learnt from your experiences? Where was your favorite place? Have you had the opportunity to talk to people who don't know you as Axl the rock star? Did this change your outlook on life?

I seem to remember you visited China a while back with the band (is this correct?). Was this before or after you decided on the name the album? When was the moment that 'Chinese Democracy' came into your head as the title? And did you have any other names?

Do you still collect crucifixes? What is it about them that draws you to them? And was wearing them upside down a statement?

What are your favorite musical scores? Would you be interested in writing one and if so, what type of movie would most interest you. Maybe you would like to direct a movie aka Rob Zombie?

Alive or dead, who are the 5 people you'd most like to share a dinner party with (I know this is kinda tacky!)

Obviously you have one of the most recognisable and distinct voices on the planet? Do you have to practice hard to keep it up, and do you see your voice changing in the next few years?

Are you in music for life and what could you see yourself doing when you're older if you want to continue?

What is the best advice anyone gave you?

What music do you HATE?

Was there ever a time previously when Chinese Democracy came close to release? If so why was the plug pulled?

Putting aside all of your history for a minute, could we ever see an official release of 'Live at the Ritz' or the 'Use Your Illusion' movie that was intended for cinema release? Or the Its So Easy promo Video? I really feel the official Live at Tokyo vids never really captured the essence of the old band.

Cheers, Axl!

Here today...ready to rock
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #191 on: December 15, 2008, 06:44:32 PM »

My questions will probably go unanswered; either way, i haven't seen seen this asked, and if it has "oops, oh well", i'll ask a third "optional" if u don't like my first:
1. Would you ever kick anyone out of the current line-up if Slash (or any ex-member, like Izzy?) made up for all he's done (in your view) OR what would it take for you guys to reconcile--if he was dying would you donate a kidney if he needed it?
2. Do you play WoW (world of warcraft)?
3. What's your favorite kind of cheese?

I appreciate your music.  Helps a lot when i'm angry or down.  Good Luck..
14years
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #192 on: December 15, 2008, 06:53:51 PM »

Hey Axl,

Congrats on the release of one of the most complete albums of modern times  ok , my two questions are:-

1) Looking at the Label's Greatest Hits Album, what released song before Chinese Democracy were you most dissapointed didn't make the track listing (obviously the tracks on the album were made up from singles), but it could be one of an album tracks...?

2) The last tour in Europe 06 opened up with a great instrumental track before the opening riff to 'Welcome To The Jungle' which sent the crowd into a frenzy - has this or are there any plans to progress this piece?

Thanks mate and have great Christmas and New Year  smoking
RochesterRox19
Opening Act

« Reply #193 on: December 15, 2008, 07:11:22 PM »

1.) "The Shackler" is a theme that Buckethead has used in the past. That being said (and the fact that he was given a songwriting credit), I thought it was odd that Bumblefoot was credited for the solo in the booklet. Especially since the solo sounds like Buckethead's distinguished style. Was the crediting of Thal a mistake?

2.) Have you talked to Buckethead since the release of "Chinese Democracy"?

I feel that he is far and away the most important guitarist of the album and as such, an intregal (sp?) part of Guns n' Roses. I really hope that you two can patch whatever went down up for him to come back for a post release CD tour.

http://i38.tinypic.com/1zohzth.jpg

"Maybe we gotta be extra careful because maybe it matters more than we even know."
AxlHBK
Headliner

Axl Loyalist

« Reply #194 on: December 15, 2008, 07:16:53 PM »

1. Regarding your voice, it seemed the quality of your voice changed greatly from 2001/2002 (say Rock in Rio or the VMAs) to 2006 (say, the Manhattan Center shows, which were awesome btw). I was wondering the cause of this. Was it intentional that you had such a higher, quasi-falsetto voice in the early part of the decade but then reverted almost back to what you were doing earlier in your career (AFD and UYL tours)?

-Chinesedemocracy.com Refugee
In a coma
Rocker

« Reply #195 on: December 15, 2008, 07:31:40 PM »

I have to say its awesome that Axl is answering our questions, my questions is:

1- At donnington you looked pretty annoyed at the sound and the fact the stage was slippy. How did you find the gig personally? I thought it was awesome and loved the fact that Izzy joined you. Will you play there again and did it bring back memories of the paradise city video gig? Also I thought Bumblefoot was awesome and his Don't cry calmed the situation. Just for interest I was stood with the guy reporting for Kerrang and he was out to get you(pun intended) from the start. Thank you so much for releasing the album and I can't wait live shows and future albums. Your music has changed my life!!!

Ladies and Gentleman Guns N Fucking Roses
Insider
Rocker

« Reply #196 on: December 15, 2008, 08:04:56 PM »

i just wanna know if there will be a tour in South America and if they will paly Catcher in the rhye or /and This I Love, live

"... Just shut up and sing ...''
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #197 on: December 15, 2008, 08:22:56 PM »

i just wanna know if there will be a tour in South America and if they will paly Catcher in the rhye or /and This I Love, live

I'm pretty sure he'sanswered both those questions.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: December 15, 2008, 09:04:02 PM »

Hi Axl, thanks a million for taking the time to answer our questions, I imagined you doing something like this and you did, its so fuckin cool. Anyway my questions are:
1. Who's your all time favourite vocalist? For me it's you and Freddie M.
2. Have you any new tattoos we haven't seen? Have you any ideas for a new tattoo you'd like to get?

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Hammer1
Headliner

GNR Fan

« Reply #199 on: December 15, 2008, 09:48:58 PM »

First of all gotta say thanks for the q & a sessions, it has been a great read ok

Been a fan since 1988, love your song writing, and can relate to your strong sense of conviction and integrity.

I have two boys 14 and 11 and they were practically born singing GNR.  The youngest is wearing the new T-shirt from the HMV Cd pack (in Toronto)almost every day...haha.... their I-Pods are full of GNR and they love Shacklers Revenge. I actually heard the 11 year old singing This I Love today...sooooo cute! Cool

Question: What do you think about all the "new" GNR fans, that are kinda the second generation, all the 30 somethings kids?...its got to be pretty cool to think that your music & style is influencing a younger group of kids that might not be listening to GNR without their parents introduction to it, since most young kids are always bombarded with pop top 40?

P.S I took both kids to the Toronto show in 06' but left them at home for New York City - Hammerstein.. hihi

xoxox Traci

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 10:06:35 PM by Hammer1 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: