Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:39:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Future Q&As with Axl (UPDATED)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Future Q&As with Axl (UPDATED)  (Read 41040 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2008, 05:18:35 PM »

What kind of guitar did you use for There Was A Time.

What's your favorite place to perform at ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2008, 05:40:41 PM »

I have always wondered about one funny little thing: Do you till have your old stageclothes left, like the leatherkilts, white shorts and everything? Is it just lying in a cloest collecting dust?

And why is Nicke Borg and Dregen of Backyard Babies thanked in the booklet? Nicke says that he's not sure why, but that it is a fantastic album!

shit happens when you party naked
ben9785
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2008, 05:45:23 PM »

My two questions for Axl;

1- the 1999 mtv interview you did mentioned about a possible future album with a 'aggressive electronica with guitars' sound. are we likely to see something like this in the future that pushes the GNR sound so much further?

2- on the eddie trunk interview previously you mentioned you visited mainland China? just wondering what your motivation was to go, and/or whats your interest in China? i enjoy the culture, martial arts history and cinema of China.
RustyNail
Opening Act

« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2008, 06:09:02 PM »

Hi Axl  Smiley
I?ll get straight to the point: I have no idea if u care about astrology at all, but knowing you?re an Aquarius (I happen to be one as well, February 8th), do u relate to the general personality characteristics and traits of Aquas?
Being fascinated with astrology, and even though I?m in no way familiar with your true essence, I do relate a lot to many of your attitudes and actions over the years and I somehow get the sense u?re very much a genuine Aqua..and proud to be one!  Grin
Thanks!

"Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean" Christopher Reeve
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2008, 06:12:13 PM »

i posted this in another thread but i don't know what happened to it so i'll just ask my two again:

i'd like to know first of all if we can hear a song like Coma ever again? Coma is one of my favorite songs ever and i even got a bunch of my friends to like it as much as me which is kind of cool to me because they usually listen to rap and rap only.

Second, is there a "lost industrial Album " out there and if so will we ever see it?

thank you for your time,
Ethan

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
cpaxlvacy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2008, 06:28:53 PM »

Hi Axl i'm from Venezuela , the 92 concert you guys did here was amazing. i was only 15, my first concert ever, the best experience, would you consider coming again? this year came a lot of big bands including NIN, next year comes Aerosmith on february, you have a lot of fans here, so please If/When you tour consider coming please.

Other question, i like a lot tommy's bass playing, but it's really low in the mix, you can hear it the best on I.R.S, The Blues, Catcher...Can you tell us why so low in the mix?

PS:I'm in love/obsessed/can't stop listening to the new album all the time. Love ya man.
HOMEFUCK88
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2008, 06:39:06 PM »

Hey, Axl..... I have two questions. I basically didn't know what to ask, but after thinking about some questions that haven't been asked..... Here goes nothing.....

Question #1: Will you ever go back on the Eddie Trunk show? The appearence you did in May of 2006 was probably the most entertaining/funniest 3 and a half hours and some of the most fun i've ever had listening to an interview and had me in stiches while listening to it. rofl I would LOVE to hear you on there again!!!

Question #2: Would you ever consider doing a cover of "Dust In The Wind" and putting it on an album? I really loved watching/listening to your cover of it on youtube from past shows and thought it would make a good album cut. The lyrics are really great in that. To me anyway. Smiley

Anyway, Thanks for taking the time to read this. Answer them if you want.

Hope to see you back in New York soon!!! Smiley
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 06:43:45 PM by HOMEFUCK88 » Logged

"Some things could be better, if we'd all just let them be" - Axl Rose - Yesterdays
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2008, 07:10:22 PM »

1.  Caram Costanzo obviously played a big role in the creation of the album, serving as co-producer and helping write a few songs.  Can you give a little background on how he became involved and his role in the project?

2.  Obviously there was a great deal of external pressure to release this album from the label and the general public.  You also faced a lot of scrutiny due to the time and money attached to the project, as well as having a new lineup of musicians in place.  Because of that, there were a lot of people who had negative preconceptions about the album and were not going to give it a fair chance.  Now that Chinese has been released, do you feel a sense of relief?  As in, the monkey is off your back, and as time passes the tabloid garbage won't be so prominent and people will judge the music on Chinese and future releases more fairly and be more open-minded about it? 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 08:52:37 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2008, 07:23:34 PM »

Axl,

What is your creative process like? Do you sit down with intent to write, do you wait until some sort of inspiration to strike and then go get it down? Are you always writing, or do you take a lot of time away from it for yourself. I'm just curious as to how your songs take shape, if you begin with words and for them to a melody later, or if you write something on the piano first.

Are some of your songs emotionally taxing to write or perform?

One last one, lest I be too greedy. What do you like to do away from Guns? I know you've been at some sporting events over the years. Are you a big sports fan? If so, which ones, and do you have any teams/players that you follow on a consistent basis.

Thanks!

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2008, 07:25:22 PM »

Hey Axl

Just one question,

I think everyone was kind of surprised by the fact that Richard was only involved on the recording of 5 songs and not one songwriting credit.

Can we expect more of his involvement in a new cd? i for one love his guitar tone and skills, so i't would be interesting to see it more in the future.

thanks for the time Smiley

Chinese Democracy!
j redstar
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2008, 07:33:40 PM »

Hi Axl,

Q1.  I know that you are a big fan of the Trailer Park Boys show.  Have you gotten anyone hooked on that show?

Q2.  What were your thoughts on the canadian shows during the '06 tour?  I attended the Winnipeg show and it was fabulous.

"I can't wait to start fuckin' hammering people!" -Green Bastard (Bubbles)

Brett H.
Opening Act

« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2008, 07:51:24 PM »

1. Axl, what'd you think of the new Trailer Park Boys special, "Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys"? I saw you on Youtube along with Bubs and you looked like you were having such a good time singing Liquor & Whores! If you are a big fan (which just might make you an honorary Canadian), what are your thoughts on your favorite characters or scenes and Baz buying joints with "dirty old bees!" stuck to them? If you ever ride the Swayzie Express back to Bubbles' shed, pet Vince the Pince for me!

2. I'm from Saskatchewan, Canada and was shocked to see GNR came here during the UYI tours and played in Saskatoon. Any memories of the show? I'm surprised you guys never passed up this province back then because most high profile talent always skips over us. When you tour again, come to Regina, please!

Thank you!
Chivi
Headliner

Chinese Democracy 'Cover Z'

« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2008, 08:09:54 PM »

First question: All lies hurt, but which one of all the lies that were written on the press trough all these years hurt the most, or the one you think caused a lot of  damage to the gunner community?.
I personally hated Rolling Stone article about Axl Rose: the lost years. (May 11, 2000)  Angryhttp://www.rollingstone.com/artists/gunsnroses/articles/story/5925215/axl_rose_the_lost_years .

Second question:  Did you really forget those ?patience? lines?  hihi

PS: Thanks for all these years. Buenos Aires miss you a lot!....we really hope you can make it to South America Next tour! We're hungry!!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Aprieto los dientes, miro a los dementes ...y d?nde est?s vos??
Jacksnazzy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2008, 08:14:47 PM »

hey axl !

i'm wondering, if you pray sometimes ? are you interested in other religions like buddhism or even the falun gong ?

thanks a lot, for everything you've done for us ! have a nice christmas...
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2008, 08:17:08 PM »

1. When you're touring do you get the chance to check out any local landmarks/tourist attractions? and is there any where you would like to play but haven't had the opportunity to?

2. Was there any specific reason you chose to play a smaller venue (hammersmith) before Guns played Donnington back in 06?

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2008, 08:17:22 PM »

I didn't realize I could ask two questions, so here's my second: Axl, have you eaten at Bubble's Mansion and/or do you plan on eating there?

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2008, 08:24:14 PM »

Hey Axl,

Love CD, I haven't had the radio on since I got it, I really appreciate the time and effort you put into Gn'R, and absolutely love the band !  My question is what happened in 2002 with regard to cancelling the tour, especially when you rocked MSG ?

Take care, thanks for the music and memories.

LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2008, 08:30:00 PM »

Axl, thanks sincerely for everything you've done for all of us man. I know it's pretty f'n lonely sometimes. Hell, I can't even say any of us know. But from any of us that have ever had a really shitty period in our lives, trust us. Seeing you up on stage, or hearing you chat here. Man that's the inspiration you should be most proud of.

I know that wasn't really a question, but thank you.

Number two.

Can you please tell everyone once and for all that I don't have a copy of checkmate? Please? PLEASE!?!?!

They annoy the hell out of me. Especially Boston Dave. The ass.

Happy Free Shit Day Axl! (All the free shit, no preachy dude stuck to wood....)

RazZ
IllitPressGod
Reformed Leaker/Downloader

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2008, 08:38:23 PM »

1.  I saw GN'R at the Portland Rose Garden in December of 2006.  I was front row against the barrier, and found the concert as a whole to be one of the most amazing moments of my life.  One oddity, though, that I wanted to ask about.  You guys came out for the encore and played Madagascar, but then left the stage without the usual Paradise City finale.  As I understand it, this is one of the very few times GN'R have played a concert without playing Paradise City.  Do you happen to remember the reason behind that particular omission?  (Of course, I'm more than happy to come see you on the next tour to catch PC in its entirety.)   ok

2.  I'm originally from southern Indiana, and take it as a point of pride that we're from the same home state.  Over the years, I've gotten the impression from quotes and interviews that you're not terribly fond of Indiana, and I was just wondering what your thoughts were about the state.  Do you get back often?  Do you tend to stay away?  As a fellow Hoosier rock legend, what do you think of Mellencamp?

Thanks for everything, Axl.

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
Jarrod
Opening Act

« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2008, 08:44:26 PM »

Hey...Ive got another question (I know the limit is 2, but Ive waited for four pages since my last two...

So...Anyway:

1. Are the music videos that appear on Welcome To The Video's ALL of the music videos that Guns N Roses have ever made (pre Chinese anyway), and if not do you know if there are any plans to release a difinitive collection?

2. I have a video tape (somewhere) of a Gunners show in the Roxy from around 1986 that was recorded on someone's home video camera...It was really awsome to see that show and then watch the Live In Tokyo concert and then other 'bootlegs' to see how much both you and the band developed over the years and changed your shows as the venues got bigger...Would you be happy if one or two of your early shows were officially released, or would they be something you would rather keep away from the public for whatever reason?

Also...Thanx for all the music you have given to the world. Its the soundtrack to my life.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: