Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:08:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Our questions to Axl (all the questions in the first post)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Our questions to Axl (all the questions in the first post)  (Read 12046 times)
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 09:53:33 AM »

Who is "Sorry" aimed at?

My first question was like that

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 09:55:14 AM »

Sorry, didn't check it.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 09:56:01 AM »

Why did you choose to install your braids?

You rule axl!!!

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 09:59:32 AM »

I'm not sure I want to know who Sorry was intended for. All great songs are subjective like that.
The songs is more about stance to me then a particular group or person and I doubt Axl would spill the beans anyway.
I'd leave it open ended so anybody that had crossed me could interpret it as a shot at them, keep people guessing.

Brilliant song, the most replay value on the album in my opinion. So much going on.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 10:05:42 AM »

Do you have your own gym in your house (and if so, what type/brands) ?

( oddball question you're thinking.....I know this is not a question anyone else would ask! )
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 10:31:03 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2008, 10:06:18 AM »

Hi Axl. Thank you for 20+ years of music (!). Thank you 14 excellent new songs (!).

1. The music on Chinese Deomocracy is diverse and well-crafted. I hear slight touches of many of the band's influences (Stones, Beatles/Lennon, Sabbath, Elton John, Zeppelin, Hendrix, others) on the album.

Does the music you are listening to at a particular moment affect the mood/tone of a song-in-progress or do you have a good idea where a song is headed once it reveals itself to you/the band?

2. Many fans (including myself) are interested in the evolution of each track on the new album. Do you remember the year each track was conceived?

The tracklist:

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Shackler's Revenge
3. Better
4. Street of Dreams
5. If the World
6. There Was a Time
7. Catcher in the Rye
8. Scraped
9. Riad N' the Bedouins
10. Sorry
11. I.R.S.
12. Madagascar
13. This I Love
14. Prostitute

Thank you...Happy Holidays...We hope to see you on tour in 2009 !

peace

kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 10:15:16 AM »

Thanks for adding my questions Ulises. I'm sure dude don't have a lot of time for browsing the net to answer a zillion queries but its appreciated none the less.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2008, 10:42:11 AM »

Hi!
I assume the latest songs written for CD was written 2004 or maybe even earlier, and I assume that is the case for the next record too.

My question is how that, if it does, affects your current creative process in regards to songwriting, making music and lyrics. Is this an ongoing process in some form or the other for albums to be releasedd even further down the road?

Thank you.

The new record was worth the wait.

ps. This is the best thread...ever!!!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:00:53 PM by Sillything » Logged

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2008, 10:43:12 AM »

I don't have any questions, but I'd love to be able to tell Axl I love the new CD! As far as I'm concerned, you delivered in a big way!

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Judas
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2008, 10:45:21 AM »

Hi Axl (feels surreal even saying that) But I'm well used to greeting celebrities after meeting Tracy Chapman this week! What a woman, do you like her??

Anyway, how do you feel about us sharing demos and concert audio/video recordings of Guns N Roses?? Have you any discs lying around that you think would be of interest. Some early demos of This I Love perhaps?? Would you care to upload them in FLAC please Wink

rofl

what this means to me is more than i know you believe...

http://www.gnr.co.uk
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2008, 10:50:56 AM »

Hey Axl, I don't have a question, just wanted to say thank you for all the great music and awesome live shows over the years, can't wait to see the band again soon  Cool

Axl is God.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2008, 10:56:48 AM »

This isn't a serious question but it would be funny if he answered it.

Axl, when you sang Street of Dreams in the studio, did you think about adding the "ok nevermind" line from RIR 3?
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2008, 10:57:49 AM »

Hi Axl

Are there any plans to release live shows from the 2006 or upcoming tour to buy in MP3 or FLAC?  Metallica has done this and sell each show shortly after they have done it - it gives people the chance to keep a momento from the show and other fans the chance to listen to shows they could not get to.

Furthermore, what is your take on bootlegs from your shows both video and audio - are you against them?  I ask this since there is a massive community for GNR bootlegs.

kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2008, 11:05:10 AM »

I don't have any questions, but I'd love to be able to tell Axl I love the new CD! As far as I'm concerned, you delivered in a big way!

Exceeded all expectations. Its a crime that it hasn't received the media fanfare it deserved but it has shut a whole lot of mouths in the general population and the news media will follow suit once they understand there is more music to come (previously recorded) and it isn't a once off novelty for the sake of profit or obligation alone. If there is more music released in the years to come then it will be considered the most successful return from a touring group ever and the music speaks for itself. All worthy of the name, all worthy of accolades that will come in due time.
There is no need for a regular structure, nor a sole outfit or time line when the material can sell sufficient enough to warrant release and secure funds to solidify the GNR' legacy and retire the name successfully and comfortably.
kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2008, 11:06:35 AM »

This isn't a serious question but it would be funny if he answered it.

Axl, when you sang Street of Dreams in the studio, did you think about adding the "ok nevermind" line from RIR 3?

This has become a part of my every day jargon. People look at me like I've lost the plot.  Undecided
Vegar
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2008, 11:07:28 AM »

A fantastic day for the fans.

Thank u Axl! Very, very appreciated.

My questions if you turn up here again  Wink :
1.What are your favourite songs from the old era?
2.what song are u most satisfied with lyrically (on C.D)
3. how was it performing with mr springsteen at the rock n roll hall of fame in 94?

Hope to see u again here, and for more great music and live shows from you. Remember Norway  Wink (much better than sweden hihi )

Just use your head and in the end
You?ll find your inspiration,
To choose your steps, I won't regret
This kind of aggravation
JAC185
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2008, 11:08:23 AM »

At what point of writing a song, such as in Madagascar or Street Of Dreams, do you think "fuck lyrics for this bit, i'm just going to scream my ass off"?
kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2008, 11:08:53 AM »

Hi Axl (feels surreal even saying that) But I'm well used to greeting celebrities after meeting Tracy Chapman this week! What a woman, do you like her??

Anyway, how do you feel about us sharing demos and concert audio/video recordings of Guns N Roses?? Have you any discs lying around that you think would be of interest. Some early demos of This I Love perhaps?? Would you care to upload them in FLAC please Wink

rofl

Bwhahahahaha.  hihi
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2008, 11:09:31 AM »

Will he come back today? I feel like total shit for missing this event by a few minutes Sad

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2008, 11:17:52 AM »

Axl, the Chinese Democracy album is one of my favorites of all time.

Could we expect to see an intricate, storied music video in the same vein as November Rain or Estranged for either a track off this album or an upcoming album?

Do you plan to ever release the re-recorded Appetite for Destruction? It would be amazing.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 04:27:54 PM by italysfinest1985 » Logged

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: