Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:32:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Noel Gallagher (Oasis) comments on CD
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noel Gallagher (Oasis) comments on CD  (Read 2941 times)
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« on: December 11, 2008, 04:59:40 PM »

From an interview I read over at Live4ever.us (Parts in BOLD are the questions being asked to Noel):

"Chinese Democracy" just came out.

Yes.

Any thoughts?

No. I've not heard it. I've read the reviews, and judging from the reviews I know I'm gonna fucking love it.

Are you being serious?

I love preposterous records, and anything that took 17 years is obviously fucking ludicrous. I'm dying to hear it. I already know I'm going to like it.

What would an Oasis record sound like if you spent 17 years making it?

Brilliant.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 05:07:57 PM »

haha....I knew it was gonna be something like this before I even opened it. Noel is funny and one hell of a songwriter.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 05:24:18 PM »

Even though he's being tongue in cheek, one of the coolest things about CD is that it embraces the kind of over the top, unapologetic excess that bands like Queen did in the 70's.  There's just nobody else in the mainstream that's really making this type of rock music at the moment.  Maybe Billy Corgan does in spirit if not so much in sound or style
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 05:27:08 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 05:30:36 PM »

Even though he's being tongue in cheek, one of the coolest things about CD is that it embraces the kind of over the top, unapologetic excess that bands like Queen did in the 70's.  There's just nobody else in the mainstream that's really making this type of rock music at the moment.  Maybe Billy Corgan does in spirit if not so much in sound or style
i think its a good thing though. If everyone was doing it id find rock n roll too bloated with too much. Sometimes simple is better. But its nice to have the odd over indulgent record to give something unique.

html sucks
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 05:40:36 PM »

i think its a good thing though. If everyone was doing it id find rock n roll too bloated with too much. Sometimes simple is better. But its nice to have the odd over indulgent record to give something unique.

Yeah and not everyone can pull it off well.  Axl is one of the few that actually has the ability to pull it off, plus it's the music he grew up loving and was inspired
mrarkadin
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 05:44:16 PM »

I sort of look at Zeitgeist as a weaker cousin to Chinese. Maybe it's the Roy Thomas Baker connection.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 05:48:26 PM »

Listen to Meat Loaf's Bat Out Of Hell 3, from 2006. They even open pretty much the same way.

And there goes the challenger...
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 05:53:16 PM »

Listen to Meat Loaf's Bat Out Of Hell 3, from 2006. They even open pretty much the same way.

I haven't heard the Meatloaf album although I have a hard time imagining Meatloaf pulling a Shackler's or Riad out of his hat  Cool
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 05:56:02 PM »

I sort of look at Zeitgeist as a weaker cousin to Chinese. Maybe it's the Roy Thomas Baker connection.

Yeah, Zeitgeist is a nowhere near CD, it's a good album but not on of the Pumpkins best.  That said, Billy has always had grandiose visions for his music and is similar to Axl in that he will not hesitate to embrace that side of music.  Mellon Collie is like the alternative version of UYI
big guns
Opening Act

Why Don't You Just...FUCK OFF

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 05:58:09 PM »

This guy was at there Hammerstein shows in 06...My brother and him had a staring contest for about ten minutes and my bro prevailed!  Cheesy
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 06:00:00 PM »

I haven't heard the Meatloaf album although I have a hard time imagining Meatloaf pulling a Shackler's or Riad out of his hat  Cool

Actually, you should check out 'The Land Of The Pig (The Butcher Is King)' - it's about as close as he'll ever get to that kind of stuff. There's a song called 'If It Ain't Broke, Break It' that reminds me a little of 'Scraped' too. Anyhow, its worth checking out if you like his old stuff.

I'll leave it at that before I get further off topic.

Also, cool quotes from Noel. It seems in vogue to hate on Axl these days, and he didn't take the bait. Good man.

And there goes the challenger...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 07:20:25 PM »

Noels a fan of Guns though isnt he? As a thread on these forums informed me about a month back.

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 07:25:56 PM »

I used to HATE Oasis, but I may have to retract that.  I'd like to hear his thoughts AFTER he listens.  Someone do a follow up.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
reed2009
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 10:20:54 PM »

noel is a strange character, and i new he would/will love this album

scraped
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 10:38:53 PM »

This should be the quote of the year

Hilarious
2cool4school
Opening Act

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 11:40:11 PM »

Noel is a huge fan of GNR.  This has been stated in many interviews.  In RIR a few back...  Much music interviewed him..  He said that he was most excitted about seeing Axl and GNR out of everyone. 

What I dont like is how the intervier says..  "Are you serious." ...    Idiot..

Noel is great.
GUNZforRoses
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 12:56:55 PM »

AHAHA...although I'm a HUGE Oasis fan and don't like their latest CD that much. I swear, these guys are still great for a laugh.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: