Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 12:56:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Celebrate Chinese Democracy Day
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celebrate Chinese Democracy Day  (Read 6008 times)
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« on: December 11, 2008, 12:11:44 AM »

I'm reading a lot of bitching on this board that the record label isn't doing enough...that there needs to be more promotion, videos, tours, interviews, massages, guest appearances on the Hills....screw all that!

Twenty years ago...AFD took a year to make it to the top of the charts.  the main reason the album didn't fail was because of the massive word of mouth from the fans.  This time around...it's our responsibility to do the same thing.  Our responsibility...not the label's.  We the fans need to do our part to come up with ways to spread the word about the album.  Therefore...

I'm proposing the First (ever) Annual Chinese Democracy Day.  On Chinese Democracy Day...we pick a specific time...and all the fans play the album at the exact same time.  Wouldn't it be cool to have thousands (millions) of GNR fans across the globe listening to the album at the exact same time?  Make a party of it...invite friends...and especially people who have never heard the album.  We don't need the label.  Doing something like this...we can make our own publicity for the album.  If the world sees how excited the fans are for the album...it will get them excited, too.

I'm picking Jan 26th, 2009...which is the Chinese New Year.  (but we can do another date if that works better for everyone...)

Who's with me?!!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 02:57:09 AM by acompleteunknown » Logged

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 03:19:16 AM »

Dude, get a fucking life.  Our responsibility?  Really?

AFD got big b/c SCOM was a massive hit. WTTJ wasn't played nearly as much when it was released.  After SCOM, WTTJ got the play it deserved and became a hit.

There are no radio friendly hits on CD. It's a fan album.  TWAT is the best song on the disc and even that is prob not radio friendly.  Asking the fans to make a disc a hit is ridiculous.  The music should make it a success.  Not us fans playing the CD in our house or having a party.

give me a break.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SkinnyPuppy
Rocker

What, me Worry ?

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 05:37:01 AM »

AFD got big b/c SCOM was a massive hit. WTTJ wasn't played nearly as much when it was released.  After SCOM, WTTJ got the play it deserved and became a hit.

There are no radio friendly hits on CD. It's a fan album.  TWAT is the best song on the disc and even that is prob not radio friendly.  Asking the fans to make a disc a hit is ridiculous.  The music should make it a success.  Not us fans playing the CD in our house or having a party.

give me a break.

Word.

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, and glory, glory lasts forever. (falco)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 10:14:29 AM »

give me a break.
Wow, that's a little harsh.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 10:28:44 AM »

Now that is something constructive.  ok

I agree, if somebody around you sees you be really excited about something, they might wanna check it out.

How often do people check out movies, TV series, restaurants etc. based on recommendations from friends/co-workers/family?

With Christmas coming up, this is an excellent time to introduce new people to this amazing album.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 11:11:18 AM »

I'm reading a lot of bitching on this board that the record label isn't doing enough...that there needs to be more promotion, videos, tours, interviews, massages, guest appearances on the Hills....screw all that!

Twenty years ago...AFD took a year to make it to the top of the charts.  the main reason the album didn't fail was because of the massive word of mouth from the fans.  This time around...it's our responsibility to do the same thing.  Our responsibility...not the label's.  We the fans need to do our part to come up with ways to spread the word about the album.  Therefore...

I'm proposing the First (ever) Annual Chinese Democracy Day.  On Chinese Democracy Day...we pick a specific time...and all the fans play the album at the exact same time.  Wouldn't it be cool to have thousands (millions) of GNR fans across the globe listening to the album at the exact same time?  Make a party of it...invite friends...and especially people who have never heard the album.  We don't need the label.  Doing something like this...we can make our own publicity for the album.  If the world sees how excited the fans are for the album...it will get them excited, too.

I'm picking Jan 26th, 2009...which is the Chinese New Year.  (but we can do another date if that works better for everyone...)

Who's with me?!!!

word.

the band've proved themselves with the album. and it wasn't like they owed it to us to do so.

Now it's our turn.
axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 11:12:45 AM »

give me a break.

Yes that is fuckin Harsh,   Give the guy a fuckin break,   I think its a damn good idea ok
Annie
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 11:30:55 AM »

Now that is something constructive.  ok

I agree, if somebody around you sees you be really excited about something, they might wanna check it out.

How often do people check out movies, TV series, restaurants etc. based on recommendations from friends/co-workers/family?

With Christmas coming up, this is an excellent time to introduce new people to this amazing album.

/jarmo
I agree. I have already turned 3 teenagers onto GNR. Now they'll 2 friends, and they'll tell 2 friends and so on and so on.
acompleteunknown
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 12:09:54 PM »

There are no radio friendly hits on CD. It's a fan album. 

Nobody listens to the radio anymore.  when they do...it's to satelite radio to hear music they already know and love.  MTV is dead. 

All the teenagers and kids listen to music their friends listen to.  Everything I bought in high school and college was because another friend turned me onto the music.  Even GNR.  I was in summer school and someone brought in the cassette and played it during break.  the guy was so excited about the album...I couldn't help be excited about it too.  I've already turned 2 people onto ChiDem.  2 people who thought it was going to be terrible and were blown away by how good it was. 

If we want this album to be a success...we should do our part.  sitting back and complaining that this is somone else's problem is a waste of time.   We want to see the album do well...let's do something about it.  We can make people excited about GNR again. 

And what's the worst that could happen?  You get to listen to the album one more time?  How is that a bad thing?

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 12:20:07 PM »

This just sound too much like a fucking cult thing . Next thing you know dude is going to suggest everybody drink drain o will listening.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 12:35:12 PM »

This just sound too much like a fucking cult thing . Next thing you know dude is going to suggest everybody drink drain o will listening.

You might not agree with his idea, but as I pointed out you can get the same results by other means.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 12:47:15 PM »

Surely its down to Axl to get off his arse and promote this album!? I play it to friends some like it, some don't, none love it like I do but what can you do?
axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 12:53:41 PM »

Now Thats fucked!!!!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 01:09:10 PM »

Surely its down to Axl to get off his arse and promote this album!? I play it to friends some like it, some don't, none love it like I do but what can you do?

yeah, went 0 for 6 with the people I played it for
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 01:42:47 PM »

I keep the album out on my desk at work, so people ask about it when they stop by.

So far, of the people that have asked to listen to it, that liked AFD and UYIs, 5 out of 6 have claimed to have liked it (I'm not entirely sure they're being 100% honest with me, but it's okay).  Out of the other five or so that were never into Guns, maybe two have liked it, and the other three said it wasn't their style of music.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 02:35:50 PM »

My state farm agent called me today, he was like what is your ringtone ? I go Guns N' Roses ! it was Better    Smiley  He goes didn't it take along time to come out ? I go yes its a really good album, you should check it out.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
acompleteunknown
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 04:04:09 PM »

How is me trying to get fans of GNR to play the album for friends a cult thing?

I think the album is a great album and very deserving of getting more notice.  I want to do my part to make this happen.

There are a ton of bands out there employing grassroots tactics to sell music.  And it's working.  Why shouldn't we do the same thing?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 04:18:51 PM »

How is me trying to get fans of GNR to play the album for friends a cult thing?

I think the album is a great album and very deserving of getting more notice.  I want to do my part to make this happen.

There are a ton of bands out there employing grassroots tactics to sell music.  And it's working.  Why shouldn't we do the same thing?

I will tell you why.

It's "not cool" and it requires people do something other than whining!

/jarmo

GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 04:34:18 PM »

Who's with me?!!!

I like this idea. I'm with you!  Cool

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 04:37:28 PM »

haha, yeah! there are some really weird situations on the GN'R boards sometimes.
and I don't give a shit about whats cool and what's not. I do care about what's a bit too weird and fanatic and what's not though.

there is no need that CD should take a year to explode like with AFD, they have the means to do it right now.
with AFD it was different, they didn't get enough promo from their label and they weren't pushed forward a lot. while now they can do it and easily start a new big GN'R wave.
I don't think Axl should trust fans and word of mouth this time around.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: