Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 06:14:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  OJ sentenced to a minimum of 15 years in prison
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: OJ sentenced to a minimum of 15 years in prison  (Read 6733 times)
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« on: December 05, 2008, 01:22:30 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/05/oj.simpson.sentencing/index.html

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 01:36:58 PM »

Lets face it, the western world has been waiting for ANY excuse to get him locked away

...and he was so stupid he actually gave them the ammo they needed!

15 years is frankly absurd - killers over here would struggle to get a 15 year minimum tariff

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 02:58:03 PM »

Lets face it, the western world has been waiting for ANY excuse to get him locked away

actually he gave us a perfectly good excuse to lock him up in 1994....but a racist jury let him off...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 04:01:24 PM »

Justice is served, right here in Las Vegas.

Really, he could be out in as little as 9 years, if he gets all the minimum parole requirements.   He'll be 70 by then.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 04:06:54 PM »

Some people just can't stay out of jail...

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 04:15:51 PM »

...and he was so stupid he actually gave them the ammo they needed!

15 years is frankly absurd - killers over here would struggle to get a 15 year minimum tariff

sentences in the US is completely absurd if you ask me. keep people in jail for so long that they've forgotten what they've done and who they are. when they finally get out, they have no other option than to go back to crime.

anyway, glad OJ's getting put in jail. this is definately not the only illegal thing he's done if you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 04:18:17 PM by Hillel H?tz » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 11:51:28 AM »

Yes, this moment has been long over-due.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 12:21:31 PM »

Look at all our comments

Now ask yourself, how 'fair' was his trial?

I'm sure he's a double murderer - but justice matters to me

OJ was set up and political factors gave him a virtual life sentence for crimes that merit much less

I cant get much satisfaction from this

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 01:56:19 PM »

Look at all our comments

OJ was set up and political factors gave him a virtual life sentence for crimes that merit much less

agree 100 percent.

I don't doubt cops could've set him up. I still am probably the only person that believes he is innocent.

Our system is fucked.

when a guy can get 10 times the time for taking back some autographed jerseys and footballs than a dude who molests children......... u know your system is fucked

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 02:21:44 PM »

Look at all our comments

In the state of Nevada, you cannot take the law into your own hands..   He broke the law.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 02:22:48 PM »

Yes, he broke the law no doubt. But the sentence he got was ridiculous. Nobody was injured or hurt.

he should've got 3 years max.

There are convicted child rapist who get less than that

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 04:56:26 PM »

^ D, stop comparing every criminal to pedophiles.  Everybody here agrees they should have their balls lopped off and sent to Siberia, and those that are pro-death penalty have these animals on the top of their list......but this is different.

I am thoroughly satisfied with the verdict. 

3 years max D?  For, "12 charges including conspiracy to commit a crime, robbery, assault and kidnapping with a deadly weapon...Huh"  You have to be kidding me.  If a guy like that committed those crimes against my family, I'd be very satisfied with the outcome. 

He's going to be out of prison in about 10 years.  He won't come close to a maximum security prison due to his celebrity status...that I can understand.  He'd be eaten alive in the regular prison setting. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 05:22:51 PM »

^ D, stop comparing every criminal to pedophiles.  Everybody here agrees they should have their balls lopped off and sent to Siberia, and those that are pro-death penalty have these animals on the top of their list......but this is different.

3 years max D?  For, "12 charges including conspiracy to commit a crime, robbery, assault and kidnapping with a deadly weapon...Huh"  You have to be kidding me.  If a guy like that committed those crimes against my family, I'd be very satisfied with the outcome. 

He's going to be out of prison in about 10 years.  He won't come close to a maximum security prison due to his celebrity status...that I can understand.  He'd be eaten alive in the regular prison setting. 

Two buddies planning to go stealing plums, that is a conspiracy to commit a crime.Forcing somebody to give you what is yours, that is a robbery. A touch on the shoulder, that is assault.
Kidnapping? You do it in high school for fun.

Legal rhetoric don't really mean anything.

What he did was wrong and illegal, no doubt, but these charges is not what he really got convicted for. This was revenge. An embarrassment to the justice system. Or as it is named in at least California, the Criminal Justice system.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 05:59:41 PM »

Two buddies planning to go stealing plums, that is a conspiracy to commit a crime.Forcing somebody to give you what is yours, that is a robbery. A touch on the shoulder, that is assault.
Kidnapping? You do it in high school for fun.

Legal rhetoric don't really mean anything.

What he did was wrong and illegal, no doubt, but these charges is not what he really got convicted for. This was revenge. An embarrassment to the justice system. Or as it is named in at least California, the Criminal Justice system.

I'm quite sure Nevada's courts couldn't give a fuck what OJ did in California more than a decade ago.  The law is the fucking law.  You kidnap folks in high school for fun?   Huh 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 06:35:32 PM »

Yeah, it's part of the graduation celebration. We get drunk for 6 months and kidnap students from the designated enemy school. We also stage terror attacks, at least according to law, with eggs, water, old yogurt and sometimes piss. Going in like an army in vans during half breaks, positioning the flanks.

Just to show how much we can put up with without having the need to jail people for a near generation. According to law OJ is an innocent man suffering severe accusations leading to extreme stress and lack of judgment. Just that would have normally saved him, a never convicted felon, a lot of years off the sentence. On top of that the "victim" is far from innocent himself. This is not a case of some nut job kidnapping and threatening an innocent stranger. Those are the guys deserving 15 years. 

I think the human beings in that jury and in those judges chairs cared a whole lot what a celebrity murderer did back in Cali. And come on, a black guy on trial in Nevada?  hihi

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 07:09:44 PM »

a black guy on trial in Nevada?  hihi

whats that supposed to mean?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 07:35:25 PM »

Just saying you might receive a more fair trial other places. It's not a focal part of my argument.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2008, 07:55:42 PM »

Good riddance to that asshole dirtbag!  yes

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2008, 03:28:46 PM »

Good riddance to that asshole dirtbag!  yes

Hey man, we can grow crops with a bag of dirt!

OJ?  A good for nothing brat that made a living running with an oblong-shaped side of bacon.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2008, 11:44:36 AM »

Look at all our comments

agree 100 percent.

I don't doubt cops could've set him up. I still am probably the only person that believes he is innocent.

Our system is fucked.

when a guy can get 10 times the time for taking back some autographed jerseys and footballs than a dude who molests children......... u know your system is fucked

Give me a fucking break. You act like the man had a single wet behind the ears lawyer fresh out of law school defending him.

He had a whole fucking legal team of people trying to get him off.

If OJ was too stunned to realize he had a giant bulls eye on his back, that's his problem.

If he had half a brain, he would have avoided jaywalking like it was grim death.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 11:47:25 AM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: