Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:27:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland Not Ruling Out A Velvet Revolver Reunion
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland Not Ruling Out A Velvet Revolver Reunion  (Read 17722 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 01:08:11 PM »

Seems like STP doesn't want him back already. I'm pretty sure they're going be start recording a new album soon, anyway. So why is he talking about a Velvet Revolver reunion?

From a USA Today interview from yesterday?

My goal in STP was to leave an imprint. That was done. I want to move forward and be in control of what I do musically.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2008, 02:13:34 PM »

I honestly dout that VR will let Scot come back they dont want to deal with a 41 year old that acts like a fuckin teenager in his problems with drugs and whatever other stuff hes goten into but still i think he sounded good in VR

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2008, 02:59:39 PM »

I honestly dout that VR will let Scot come back they dont want to deal with a 41 year old that acts like a fuckin teenager in his problems with drugs and whatever other stuff hes goten into but still i think he sounded good in VR

true...Velvet Revolver already has enough 40 something year olds acting like teenagers....
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 03:13:47 PM »

true...Velvet Revolver already has enough 40 something year olds acting like teenagers....

Actually, I think that the remaining VR members are making an effort to get it together and take care of their families. By no means are any of them saints but to me it seems that Scott has a little more ways to go to get his self together.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2008, 06:13:32 PM »

You're right, the main reason why Scott left was because of Matt.

About the reunion, no way rant, I want another kind of reunion, I want a GNR reunion and a DAMN STP new album!

GnR is already together... but STP may be doing a new album.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2008, 06:32:42 PM »

Scott talked how he is at war with Atlantic Records and there is no way he will record for them. Somehow 2 of them are no longer contracted but he and someone else are.......... its weird.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2008, 08:16:07 PM »

Matt Sorum & Scott Weiland despise each other.  I am not sure that everyone wants to deal with the drama again.

Maybe they can drop Matt for Steven Adler... or Brain?

If Scott was involved in another go-around with these guys I would pay attention, looking back there are a number of very good songs they came out with... Do It For the Kids, Fall To Pieces, Slither, You Got No Right, Just Sixteen, Messages, Let It Roll, Don't Drop That Dime... Better than any other new mainstream rock bands I can think of... and the live show was awesome.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2008, 09:41:58 PM »

Slash and Duff's loyalty to Matt Sorum may have been this band's undoing.

I'd ditch Scrotum before Weiland....

I'm in the minority but I though Libertad was a good progression for them. A good album IMO.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 09:43:42 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 11:57:32 PM »

Libertad was ok but it fell to the singles jinx again

Had Libertad had a kick ass opening single and a follow up, it would've been successful

VR show what happens when your first single tanks and it is fucking hard to get the momentum back

Let It Roll followed by Messages and VR are still a huge band.

oh well.

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2008, 09:17:14 AM »

I would welcome Scott back, but I would never count on it working in the long run-I remember even during the Contraband days he had talked about an eventual solo career-I'm curious to see who they pick new, I think they are looking for more of a "metal" type voice

libertad
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2008, 01:35:16 PM »

Libertad was ok but it fell to the singles jinx again

Had Libertad had a kick ass opening single and a follow up, it would've been successful

VR show what happens when your first single tanks and it is fucking hard to get the momentum back

Let It Roll followed by Messages and VR are still a huge band.

oh well.

Let it Roll was the only decent song on that album.   The rest was a turd.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2008, 08:26:29 PM »

Both parties are better off doing their own thing

Scott doesn't have the range or vocal firepower to match the musical style that Slash, Duff and Matt are strongest at
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2008, 09:11:56 PM »

Slash and Duff's loyalty to Matt Sorum may have been this band's undoing.

I'd ditch Scrotum before Weiland....

I'm in the minority but I though Libertad was a good progression for them. A good album IMO.

Only song's I liked off Liberturd was Mary Mary, and Get out the door.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2008, 09:15:24 PM »

Took me about 5 listens but I love Libertad

Grave Dancer is awesome, Dont Drop that Dime, Let It Roll, Get out the door, SHe Mine, Last Fight, Mary Mary...

Pine Barrens
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2008, 04:40:48 AM »

She Mine would have done well as a 1st single, I think. A nice rock groove with a commercial appeal.

But yeah, a VR reunion... First Scott needs to get clean and sober and finish what he started with STP.

Maybe VR and Scott feel they jumped the gun by parting ways? If they had cooled off before all the drama happened, maybe they would've been able to come to a mutual decision regarding an extended hiatus? Scott does his solo album and STP, Slash works on his solo stuff, Duff does Loaded, Matt laughs too much and sells clothes, Dave goes back to the factory (Oh I kid, I kid... I love Dave's style and I think he's amazing. If Robin's gone from GN'R Axl should give him a call), and then five years later when they all need the money they reunite (I am kidding again)... But something like that could work. It worked for STP. If only Scott can manage to get off those damn drugs and become dependable again... He looked so confident and healthy during the first Contraband shows, it's a shame he couldn't keep it together in the long run.

When it's all said and done, a clean and sober VR resuming its career with its original members a few years down the line would be a very exciting happening and I'd be first in line to score tickets to the show.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2008, 02:22:04 PM »

Actually, I think that the remaining VR members are making an effort to get it together and take care of their families. By no means are any of them saints but to me it seems that Scott has a little more ways to go to get his self together.
I also think everyone else in VR wants to are trying to take care of there famailies but they do at times act like teens on stage and off its cool but its when its bout drugs its not but its that Scot is the guy i think that probobly took it to far i guess but either way VR still sounds great and there going to find a great singer if they havent already beer
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 02:24:13 PM by Jdog0830 » Logged

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2010, 09:40:38 AM »

From an interview dated today:

Q And where do things stand with Velvet Revolver? Might your career involve a second reunion with a second band?

A You just absolutely never know.

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2010/05/27/qa-scott-weiland/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2010, 01:21:03 PM »

It's kind of funny that Scott may be considering a reunion, as if he left the band. He was fired by the rest of the group who did not want to put up with childish and unpredictable behavior. So talk of a reunion from Scott is rather presumptuous.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2010, 01:32:54 PM »

His current band mates have said things recently in interviews that indicate that Scott is back at his old tricks as far as the substance abuse goes. So there is no telling where he is coming from right now. It is sad he seems to be a nice guy and has all kind of talent. Sad
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2010, 01:33:38 PM »

It's kind of funny that Scott may be considering a reunion, as if he left the band. He was fired by the rest of the group who did not want to put up with childish and unpredictable behavior. So talk of a reunion from Scott is rather presumptuous.

I've never bought the "Scott was fired" line from the VR camp, as soon as he announced he would be reuniting with STP he unofficially backburnered/fired them.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: