Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:27:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Which of the new songs are you looking the most forward to hearing live?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which of the new songs are you looking the most forward to hearing live?  (Read 23229 times)
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2009, 08:05:12 AM »

Alright, which of the new songs do you think they should drop? 

In my opinion I'd be happy if they lost ........

WOW!!!  "downzy" is a perfect username for you!!!  Why, at this moment in time when EVERYTHING is looking GREAT AND POSITIVE, would you want to turn this or any other thread into something negative??  confused
Indeed. Kinda pointless to whish to drop new songs for no reason.

Also, to dismiss Riad live just because he didn't like it in Detroit (a really weird gig where Axl and the band were having problems), that was non-sense. Even on boots, I always loved the song.

Also, the band and Axl got much better after 2002. I bet Ron will kick everyone ass with his double neck in Riad.  

Some of the new album we've been hearing for close to ten years now.  It's not a slight against SOD or Madagascar, but if they're only playing 16-19 songs a night, I'd prefer to shed a couple of songs that we've heard played live numerous times in favour of stuff we haven't heard at all.  Had we never heard Madagascar before CD's release I would be all in favour of playing it live nightly.

As for Rhiad, just not a fan and voicing my opinion as such.  I've heard it in bootlegs, live and on CD and still find little to like.  And since it was greeted with a collective yawn in Detroit and sounded horrible at RIR, I don't think I'm far off to suggest something like this.

I guess you missed how I said that Better, TWAT and Shackler's should be treated as required songs on a nightly basis. 

Anyway, I figured after reading the same responses for three pages I'd ask the flip side to the question.  Didn't realize certain people were so sensitive.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2009, 10:10:52 AM »

The album in its entirety, every song speaks to me in a special kind of way, some are more favorable in ways, but I just want to hear the whole thing "LIVE". 

My sentiments exactly.

A few of the classics will be nice, but I'm going with the hope(s) that I will be hearing a lot of Chinese Democracy. It's time that this album gets the exposure that it deserves. 
Great minds think alike yes.  Welcome to the board Fresno ok.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2009, 11:42:39 AM »

Alright, which of the new songs do you think they should drop? 

In my opinion I'd be happy if they lost ........

WOW!!!  "downzy" is a perfect username for you!!!  Why, at this moment in time when EVERYTHING is looking GREAT AND POSITIVE, would you want to turn this or any other thread into something negative??  confused
Indeed. Kinda pointless to whish to drop new songs for no reason.

Also, to dismiss Riad live just because he didn't like it in Detroit (a really weird gig where Axl and the band were having problems), that was non-sense. Even on boots, I always loved the song.

Also, the band and Axl got much better after 2002. I bet Ron will kick everyone ass with his double neck in Riad.  

Some of the new album we've been hearing for close to ten years now.  It's not a slight against SOD or Madagascar, but if they're only playing 16-19 songs a night, I'd prefer to shed a couple of songs that we've heard played live numerous times in favour of stuff we haven't heard at all.  Had we never heard Madagascar before CD's release I would be all in favour of playing it live nightly.

As for Rhiad, just not a fan and voicing my opinion as such.  I've heard it in bootlegs, live and on CD and still find little to like.  And since it was greeted with a collective yawn in Detroit and sounded horrible at RIR, I don't think I'm far off to suggest something like this.

I guess you missed how I said that Better, TWAT and Shackler's should be treated as required songs on a nightly basis. 

Anyway, I figured after reading the same responses for three pages I'd ask the flip side to the question.  Didn't realize certain people were so sensitive.

Cheers,

Andrew
Funny, because they didnt play Riad in RIR. Also, I think the Detroit gig wasn't really a normal show - people didn't seem to care about ANY of the new songs, wich were played in a row.

Saw some people saying how Riad was one of the most impressive songs in Vegas.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2009, 12:08:35 PM »

Riad is the most difficult GNR song on rock band.
i bet the band is looking forward to playing it live. yes

in any cases this thread is not asking what new songs you look the least forward to hearing on youtube.

The album in its entirety, every song speaks to me in a special kind of way, some are more favorable in ways, but I just want to hear the whole thing "LIVE". 

My sentiments exactly.

A few of the classics will be nice, but I'm going with the hope(s) that I will be hearing a lot of Chinese Democracy. It's time that this album gets the exposure that it deserves. 
Great minds think alike yes.  Welcome to the board Fresno ok.

add me in. for that reason i'm so keen to hear cd opening the show.

Faye 4 Axl
Opening Act

« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2009, 01:03:29 PM »

I think Democracy as an opener wud be great - can have a nice long intro building up the tension much like
jungle was used in 06.

Axl spoke of just hitting is with 3 knock ur socks of openers in the past - so
why not CD,Shacklers, Better to open up wiv?  peace

Must see and hear for me: TWAT.  drool
Kinda like to hear Estranged live again, that song has meant so much to me for so long.
 ok

Wembley 92, Hammersmith 06, Birmingham 06,
Thanks for the shows, the music and democracy to my world
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2009, 08:17:32 AM »

Im looking forward to Shacklers and also Sorry (cause that may have a rant coming with it)  hihi

Oh My God i cant deny this...
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2009, 08:35:49 AM »

Shackler's and TIL are the absolute must hear of this tour for me yes
I wouldn't mind Catcher and TWAT either...
Chronada
Opening Act

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2009, 10:16:44 AM »

Must see/hear for me in order of anticipation -  Prostitute, T.W.a.T, Riad, Scraped and ITW.

I really think Riad is the hidden gem of CD, it is criminally underrated even by the most loyal fans. Axl's voice is top notch, its the most difficult bass song on CD except maybe Shackler's, the drums have great energy throughout the entire song, there is one particular guitar part (during the chorus) that is absolutely drool worthy and I thoroughly enjoy both Ron's solo, and Buckethead's outro.

In my humble opinion it holds up, and deserves as much respect as any other song on CD.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2009, 11:03:15 AM »

scraped and sorry
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2009, 11:03:33 AM »

Must see/hear for me in order of anticipation -  Prostitute, T.W.a.T, Riad, Scraped and ITW.

I really think Riad is the hidden gem of CD, it is criminally underrated even by the most loyal fans. Axl's voice is top notch, its the most difficult bass song on CD except maybe Shackler's, the drums have great energy throughout the entire song, there is one particular guitar part (during the chorus) that is absolutely drool worthy and I thoroughly enjoy both Ron's solo, and Buckethead's outro.

In my humble opinion it holds up, and deserves as much respect as any other song on CD.
Amen.

Would this guitar part in the chorus be Robin's lead following Axl's melodies in the left channel?

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2009, 11:50:59 AM »

scraped!

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2009, 12:09:07 PM »

the first time prostitute is played live will be a monumental occasion.  it's going to be electric, in whichever stadium is lucky enough to get that moment.  i'm sure someone will video it.  once that thing hits youtube, gnr will have its first bonafide viral moment.  it could actually do more to promote the album than best buy.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2009, 02:26:43 PM »

I would love to hear/see the following songs live: This I Love, Sorry, Shackler's Revenge, Scraped
 peace

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Chronada
Opening Act

« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2009, 02:52:20 PM »

Would this guitar part in the chorus be Robin's lead following Axl's melodies in the left channel?

yes That is the part I was talking about.   love

Wasn't sure who played the part, thanks for shedding some light on that for me. Cool to hear it was Robin's doing.  beer
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2009, 04:45:53 PM »

The nine songs I didn't get to hear last time.
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2009, 10:59:24 PM »

All of CD. Period.

Of course Scraped (my favorite), TWAT and then all the others. The only one I'd leave out if necessary is ITW. Not that I dislike the song (and I even think it would be interesting because of the mix of Spanish guitar, jazzy piano and electronic beats) but it's the song with the less interesting lyrics IMO so I can live without it.

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2009, 11:04:54 PM »

this i love..
the melodies of the song are EXTREMELY amazing

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Marion68
VIP

« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2009, 05:08:58 AM »

THIS I LOVE and BETTER

Wink
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2009, 05:59:02 AM »

yes That is the part I was talking about.   love

Wasn't sure who played the part, thanks for shedding some light on that for me. Cool to hear it was Robin's doing.  beer
No problem Grin

At least I think its Robin - he played it live in 2002 and it does sound like him in the studio version. It's one of the highlights for me in the track too. Smiley

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2009, 08:41:56 AM »

I don't think we are going to hear it but I so want to hear This I Love. It would be a shame not to play that live a few times!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: