Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:34:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brain...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain...  (Read 10597 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2008, 02:13:46 PM »

You are trying to tell me Josh Freese couldn't play Brain's parts?

U gotta be kidding me.

The drumming on CD is great, don't get me wrong, but I haven't heard anything that any decent drummer couldn't pull off.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2008, 02:18:24 PM »

u gotta listen harder Donnie.
imo, Brain is abolutely a better drummer than Freese.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2008, 02:23:40 PM »

Brain is brain.
Do you know exactly what bits are written by freese?

he bailed on axl and the band for selfish reasons.  i understand he wants to be around his newborn kid, but come on... how long did he need?  to me, it looks like just used his kid as an excuse because he could have come back for more shows later.  he could put out a statement like 'i love working with axl and gnr.  i need X days to spend with my child, then i'm back 100% behind the greatest rock band and the greatest front man ever.'

Huh
Care to elaborate on the selfish reasons for his not having come back after x days?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2008, 02:25:23 PM »

Im not trying to doubt what you say

maybe he is better, but that doesn't mean Freese would be unable to play his parts. Maybe it wouldn't have the same 'feel' etc. but Im sure he could play the parts.

There are gonna be cover/tribute people all around the world playing those parts, So I highly doubt a guy as talented as Freese would be unable to play anything written by anyone.

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2008, 02:25:49 PM »

the way i see it, chosing to spend time laying around the house with your family is a selfish choice.  if he put the music and axl above his own needs, he would have finished the tour.  there woul dhave never been a chance for a harder worker to come in and rerecord some of his stuff.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2008, 02:28:21 PM »

My thing is, this is the 21st century, u got mega tour busses, private jets.

Bringing your family on the road for a couple of months wouldn't have been that hard. Hell, there are plenty who do that.

It is his choice though. I mean I miss Bucket and everyone else also but i will support who ever does the gigs.

western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2008, 02:29:37 PM »

the way i see it, chosing to spend time laying around the house with your family is a selfish choice.  if he put the music and axl above his own needs, he would have finished the tour.  there woul dhave never been a chance for a harder worker to come in and rerecord some of his stuff.

LOL. Yeah, work is more important in my eyes.

But, it's not really up to us, it's up to Brain.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2008, 02:29:49 PM »

It came down to putting his child a priority over GNR. I'd make the same choice as he did. I can't judge Brain since it is a pretty personal decision. However, if he goes on a long tour away from his family with another band, then I'd question his judgment and motives.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2008, 02:35:05 PM »

I mean I miss Bucket and everyone else also but i will support who ever does the gigs.

so support brain when he does the gigs, will you.
BTW I believe freese never did a GNR gig.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2008, 02:35:33 PM »

Bringing your family on the road for a couple of months wouldn't have been that hard. Hell, there are plenty who do that.

exactly.  i see his kid as an excuse, pure and simple.  if brain still believed in the band and the music, he would have found a way to make it work.  plus, when he got off the tour with gnr he played with bucket's projects and i think even recorded stuff.  wtf?  "sorry axl, i'm too busy to make music with you... but i got plenty of time for my pal bucket!" 

look, i love the guy's skills.  he's awesome.  i just question his commitment and loyalty.  but whatever.  he made his bed, and now he's gotta sleep in it.  when the tour starts, frank will end up getting all the acclaim and fans. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2008, 02:36:47 PM »

Its not like GNR went on a year long tour or something. It was just a few months right?

He acting like it was the UYI 3 year tour or something.

I support Brain if he is the drummer. If its Frank, then I support Frank.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2008, 02:37:46 PM »

i see his kid as an excuse, pure and simple. 
however you've stated....

Huh
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 02:39:36 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Moonlight J
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2008, 02:59:16 PM »

Staying home and helping your partner with a newborn baby is about as unselfish as it gets. Good for him. ok
Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2008, 03:01:41 PM »

Staying home and helping your partner with a newborn baby is about as unselfish as it gets. Good for him. ok

Totally agree with you, I really admire Brain for that, and I would have done the exact same thing.

IMO Brain is the best drummer GN'R have ever had. peace

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2008, 04:28:02 PM »

Totally agree with you, I really admire Brain for that, and I would have done the exact same thing.

IMO Brain is the best drummer GN'R have ever had. peace

I would certainly disagree but  I don't want to go where that argument would lead.

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2008, 04:28:32 PM »

exactly.  i see his kid as an excuse, pure and simple.  if brain still believed in the band and the music, he would have found a way to make it work.  plus, when he got off the tour with gnr he played with bucket's projects and i think even recorded stuff.  wtf?  "sorry axl, i'm too busy to make music with you... but i got plenty of time for my pal bucket!" 

look, i love the guy's skills.  he's awesome.  i just question his commitment and loyalty.  but whatever.  he made his bed, and now he's gotta sleep in it.  when the tour starts, frank will end up getting all the acclaim and fans. 

He had been in Guns N' Roses for a long time - maybe he decided he wanted to do something new? Bear in mind he wasn't given that much creative freedom with guns, as he was mostly playing parts written by Adler, Sorum and Freese. Playing with Buckethead gives him a better chance to come up with his with his own stuff, which is much more interesting for most musicians. He obviously did get to write stuff with Guns (Sorry and Shacklers) but he still didn't have as much freedom as he may have liked. Thats ok for a short period, but he had been in the band for a long time (5/6 years?).

Thats not a criticism of Axl or anything, but what is required of being in this band, doesn't suit every musician.

His playing on CD is great though!

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2008, 05:09:40 PM »

Im not trying to doubt what you say

maybe he is better, but that doesn't mean Freese would be unable to play his parts. Maybe it wouldn't have the same 'feel' etc. but Im sure he could play the parts.

There are gonna be cover/tribute people all around the world playing those parts, So I highly doubt a guy as talented as Freese would be unable to play anything written by anyone.

I wasn't the one who said Freese won't be able to play Brain's parts. Im quite sure he could, but Im also quite sure I wouldn't like them as much.

I completely understand him taking time off when his baby is newborn and staying home for a while.
as far as I understand it, he wasn't interested in touring again after that till the album came out.
Im sure he would love to get a call from Axl saying he's welcome to join them on tour now that the album is out, and Im sure he would join them too.
but with the situation being the way it is, I wouldn't be surprised if Frank is the only one getting that call.
I think Brain will still be satisfied with the work he's done with GN'R, then and move on with his countless other projects.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2008, 07:19:00 PM »

I dont see how anyone can blame Brain for staying at home. Its obvious that Frank was doing a good job on the tour, so the band didnt need him at that time, so his leave of absence was extended. Theres nothing selfish about it on either side.
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2008, 12:19:56 AM »

U gotta be kidding me.

The drumming on CD is great, don't get me wrong, but I haven't heard anything that any decent drummer couldn't pull off.

Brain is a terrific drummer... but Josh is considered one of the best drummers of all time. Why? Because he is sought out by everyone. Look at his resume... enough said.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2008, 01:43:59 AM »

U gotta be kidding me.

Brain is a terrific drummer... but Josh is considered one of the best drummers of all time. Why? Because he is sought out by everyone. Look at his resume... enough said.
Steve Vai is more famous than Shawn Lane, but he couldn't handle a candle to Lane. Still, he's more famous and everyone praises him... several people consider him one of the best of all time.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: