Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:26:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why the F not?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why the F not?  (Read 5235 times)
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« on: November 27, 2008, 03:36:16 PM »

Listening to the album today and have really been actually enjoying listening to and picking up on the differences between Frank and Brain's drumming and when Frank comes into a song. And really enjoying all the different styles of each guitar player and their solos. I think it is really cool how you can really tell each player and their style apart and how it really works in all the songs. And I love the dividing up of the guitar solos. Definitely can feel the Thin Lizzy influence here.

I was just thinking that if or when G N' R tours (and get Robin back) wouldn't it be awesome if all the musicians who played on the album went on tour? Just imagine how cool a two drum set up would be a long with Buckethead and Bumblefoot on the left with Richard, and Tommy and Robin on the right. Frank and Brain can play the parts on songs they played on the album, and Bucket, Bumble, and Robin could all take their respective solos.

I think it would be fuckin insane...in a kick ass way. Imagine the stage set up? I think it would be a killer show and something completely over the top and out there.

I know it will probably never happen but...why the F not!?

I know this idea is highly unlikely to come true unfortunately...for a tour at least...but how cool would it be for just a one off concert?
One big concert celebrating the music on "Chinese Democracy" (with some greatest hits thrown in) with all the players involved. Could be one show, filmed for a pay per view concert, and later released on DVD.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 03:52:09 PM »

You're forgetting a huge part of Chinese Democracy... Paul Tobias!
Mechanical-Worm
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 03:53:31 PM »

Colossal in scale and probably bloated sounding live - just think, at least 4 different guitarists going at it.

Eh.
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 03:56:59 PM »

You're forgetting a huge part of Chinese Democracy... Paul Tobias!

I'd love it if Paul was there.  Got to see him play at all three Vegas shows and he was solid.  But I know he does not enjoy touring.  But maybe he'd play if it was for one show.

PHT!  ok

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 04:20:49 PM »

It wouldn't be cool. IMHO.

AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 04:22:49 PM »

Really?  Not even in a Last Waltz way?  All these great musicians playing on one stage together.

Sillything
VIP

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 04:27:59 PM »

Would be awesome drool

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 04:29:18 PM »

Really?  Not even in a Last Waltz way?  All these great musicians playing on one stage together.

Totally different bands though. The denser heavy rock style wouldn't work so well with lots of guitars as the Band did. Four guitars on stage would start sounding like mud.

Also, an awful lot of what you here on the Last Waltz film was overdubbed/redone after the fact... I was so disappointed when I found that out.
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 04:48:20 PM »

Well they all wouldn't have to play at the same time obivously.  Could even just have different guitarists on certain songs.

gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 04:52:56 PM »

We can't even get Axl to do the standard late-night performance or SNL promo performance...why would we do this? GNR needs the identity of a band...even the interviews we get from Richard, Chris, etc.. they sound out of the loop on what is going on with CD and GNR right now. How can a band not even do a promo photo shoot for the liner notes/artwork of the record. You're telling me they're all THAT busy? Cmon....the opportunity to rebrand GNR is now and Axl needs to take advantage of it
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 04:53:39 PM »

Well they all wouldn't have to play at the same time obivously.  Could even just have different guitarists on certain songs.

It would be unique... Might work, but I'd personally rather just see one tight band hammering through the whole set I think.
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 04:57:00 PM »

How can a band not even do a promo photo shoot for the liner notes/artwork of the record. You're telling me they're all THAT busy?

I dont think George Chin had a wide enough lens to capture all the band members/musicians who played on this album in one shot.

don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 05:27:39 PM »

Personally, I think they could just go out on tour now with just the past line ups, minus finck, and it would still be awesome.  Bumblefoot can more than handle all/any lead guitar duties, and there aren't many parts with more than two guitars going at once.

One thing that would be cool, I think, might be too have Patti Hood do a few shows guesting during This I Love, if she has the time. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 05:37:32 PM »

Not to get this thread steered into a different direction, but if Robin doesn't return (and I have my fingers and toes crossed that he does), I'd like to see Richard bumped up to lead with Thal, and another rhythm guitarist brought in, IF Paul can't be a part of the touring lineup.

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 05:39:45 PM »

In that case, I would love Buckethead comeback

don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2008, 06:29:50 PM »

I think bucket would be a bit overkill on rhythm guitar....

especially seeing as all the great solos are his. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 07:41:02 AM »

The Drums in if the world are without a doubt my favourite drumming in any GN'R song ever. That swing funk feel with Frank's heavy hands makes such an impact on this tune. I think brain's parts were more cymbal work. I think.
But the drums on this record are the most talented drumming I've ever heard from this band. I do prefer Frank's style over Brain because Frank seems so inventive and I have learned alot about playing from listening to him.
But Brain fuckin Nails Shackler's Revenge. The drumming is so simple yet tricky at the same time.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 08:51:09 AM »

I think a Bucketfoot duo would be just as deadly, if not deadlier than Robin+Ron, if they decide to tour while NIN are still doing their thing.
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2008, 12:10:06 PM »

over the top INDEED.  unneccesary and absurd, also.  it would look like a joke.

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2008, 01:07:10 PM »

It would be a good idea for axl to do some type of t.v. apperance like a taped concert event, like many artists do when they release an album but knowing axl, he probably won't lol.

I'm hoping the guns n' roses line-up we have now puts together like a tour dvd/cd at some point.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: