Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:28:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy outtakes?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy outtakes?  (Read 11145 times)
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2008, 10:29:58 PM »

I can't wait for a studio version of silkworms after hearing it at rio.

Me too. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Me Third , Bitches!!!!

i'm with yall on that note, that song is so BALLZ headbanger i just want to hear it now. I hope they re-write it a little bit so its longer. Some where between November Rain and Coma in length.

as for Oklahoma, thats a different song and is NOT Riad.

also, Checkmate was made up back in the day by i think razel. and if your wondering how i know that theres a thread over at newgnr.com with an article that pretty much confirms that.

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2008, 12:09:21 AM »

and how do you know Oklahoma is not Riad? Don't give me the setlist Vegas 2001 fan bullshit...do you have a quote from a band member? Song 2 wasn't Prostitute either......let's see some proof. Tongue It is not ironic that the David Wild interview from Jan 2000 had IRS, TWAT, Catcher, The Blues/Street of Dreams, and Oklahoma mentioned. All those songs are on the album. I'm standing by it, Riad is Oklahoma until proven differently by a real source. Josh is credited for the drum arrangement which proves the song was in the rotation in 1999.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 12:14:32 AM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2008, 01:52:44 AM »

and how do you know Oklahoma is not Riad? Don't give me the setlist Vegas 2001 fan bullshit...do you have a quote from a band member? Song 2 wasn't Prostitute either......let's see some proof. Tongue It is not ironic that the David Wild interview from Jan 2000 had IRS, TWAT, Catcher, The Blues/Street of Dreams, and Oklahoma mentioned. All those songs are on the album. I'm standing by it, Riad is Oklahoma until proven differently by a real source. Josh is credited for the drum arrangement which proves the song was in the rotation in 1999.

I don't see a connection content-wise between Oklahoma and Riad. Where are the allusions to the bombing/victims? The song is quite an attack on Everly and Seymour, nomads who drift from man to man taking whatever they can carry away from the relationship, but I am missing the connection to OKC.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2008, 02:08:58 AM »

I recall a mention of a song called the Ides of March.

Also some others I came across but I think some are probably fake:

Cock-a-roach Soup
Suckerpunched
No Love Remains
Friend or Foe
Zip It
Something Always
Hearts Get Killed
Closing In On You
Strange Disease

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2008, 02:17:24 AM »

No Love Remains

Wasn't there some kind of talk, that the "checkmate" clip was actually that song? ..

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 04:33:01 PM »

I don't see a connection content-wise between Oklahoma and Riad. Where are the allusions to the bombing/victims? The song is quite an attack on Everly and Seymour, nomads who drift from man to man taking whatever they can carry away from the relationship, but I am missing the connection to OKC.

You hit the nail on the head with Everly/Seymour relationships and Axl being "attacked"....I think it fits. He just called it Oklahoma because it was a huge event that was happening at the time he wrote the lyrics? Maybe just a working title at the time since Riad and the Bedouins is kind of a strange title for a song.  Either way, Riad completely rocks. peace

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 06:48:29 PM »

I think Oh My God is going to be on the next album redone. And the other songs will be on the other 2 albums  ok

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
Chief
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 06:53:55 PM »

Personally I hope not. they already released it on a soundtrack.  I think they should let some other songs out that haven't been heard yet, they have a ton of them!

I think Oh My God is going to be on the next album redone. And the other songs will be on the other 2 albums  ok

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2008, 06:57:13 PM »

yeah but a new revamp verson would be cool.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
Mechanical-Worm
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2008, 12:55:37 AM »

I've gotten this from elsewhere, not sure if it's true or not but I've heard that Oh My God on the End of Days soundtrack is a demo working of the song?
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2008, 01:53:48 AM »

I've gotten this from elsewhere, not sure if it's true or not but I've heard that Oh My God on the End of Days soundtrack is a demo working of the song?

Yeah that is why Axl had a press release talking about choosing the song and finishing it up...

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2008, 03:20:50 AM »

SILKWORMS will not be on any guns album because its not written by axl.  i remember sebastian bach saying something about THE GENERAL, how he had asked axl when that song would be released and axl supposedly said "2012".  if there is in fact 2 more albums worth of music, im sure many of these songs like checkmate and the general will be heard on the next 2.  in the meantime, axl is probably writing even MORE music for releases after the next two. 

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2008, 03:34:14 AM »

SILKWORMS will not be on any guns album because its not written by axl.  i remember sebastian bach saying something about THE GENERAL, how he had asked axl when that song would be released and axl supposedly said "2012".  if there is in fact 2 more albums worth of music, im sure many of these songs like checkmate and the general will be heard on the next 2.  in the meantime, axl is probably writing even MORE music for releases after the next two. 

In Feb 2007, Axl said SILKWORMS was re-worked and would be on the second album.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2008, 05:44:22 AM »

also, didn't he say that they had changed it's name and it was his girlfriends favourite song?
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2008, 06:08:11 AM »

Yeah. And someone else (Brain?) said that the futuristic sound of his song didn't fit with the theme of Chinese Democracy and that it'd definitely be on one of the later albums.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2008, 06:20:01 AM »

also, didn't he say that they had changed it's name and it was his girlfriends favourite song?

Right you are.

Yeah. And someone else (Brain?) said that the futuristic sound of his song didn't fit with the theme of Chinese Democracy and that it'd definitely be on one of the later albums.

Tr00f.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2008, 06:38:33 AM »

Oooh, Silkworms! I love that tune, I don't see why people hate it so much. I liked it the first time I heard it, would love to hear the studio version of it. If it's not on the second or on the third album, they should release it as a b-side on one single.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2008, 06:39:55 AM »

Oooh, Silkworms! I love that tune, I don't see why people hate it so much. I liked it the first time I heard it, would love to hear the studio version of it. If it's not on the second or on the third album, they should release it as a b-side on one single.

I remember reading an interview where one of the band members said that it was WAY ahead of its time, and it still might be!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2008, 06:41:24 AM »

pitman talked about it some weeks ago in some radio interview i think yes
dimitrisaxl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2008, 06:50:32 AM »

Maybe Asshole Song???  Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: