Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:23:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sebastian Bach: 'Chinese Democracy' Is 'The Definition Of Great Rock 'N' Roll'
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sebastian Bach: 'Chinese Democracy' Is 'The Definition Of Great Rock 'N' Roll'  (Read 4300 times)
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2008, 12:31:17 AM »

Baz really looks like a great guy!! He also has an awesome voice, and very good taste in music  hihi

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2008, 12:33:40 AM »

Baz really looks like a great guy!! He also has an awesome voice, and very good taste in music  hihi

But not good TV. He was a cast member on Gilmore Girls.  ok
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2008, 12:36:20 AM »

So what, not every rock star needs to be like Axl, they can do what they fucking want! Roll Eyes I happened to catch an episodere where he was there (by accident, I swear Grin) and he looked cool! peace Axl lent his voice out to GTA San Andreas too, and that was fucking awesome! Granted, that is way cooler than appearing on Gilmore Girls! Grin But to each his own! Cool

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2008, 12:42:44 AM »

If someone wanted to pay me 5 or 6 figures to hang around those two gals, I doubt I'd say no.  Lips Sealed

Cool post from Baz...of course, none of us expected him to say anything different, but I sure wouldn't disagree with any of his comments.

And there goes the challenger...
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2008, 02:17:21 AM »

There ya go. Great rock and roll.
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2008, 03:11:19 AM »

So what, not every rock star needs to be like Axl, they can do what they fucking want! Roll Eyes I happened to catch an episodere where he was there (by accident, I swear Grin) and he looked cool! peace Axl lent his voice out to GTA San Andreas too, and that was fucking awesome! Granted, that is way cooler than appearing on Gilmore Girls! Grin But to each his own! Cool

Axl got to play a classic rock loser who hated on the station that played metal and hard rock songs (including GN'R). That was fantastic.

Baz singing Hollaback Girl wasn't fantastic.
mikep1310
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2008, 11:44:54 AM »

Gotta love Sabastian Bach.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2008, 12:37:10 PM »

I asked a question earlier in this thread, but it got buried.

To those who own both the vinyl and the cd:
Does the vinyl sound noticeably better than the compact disc as Baz said??

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2008, 07:32:29 AM »

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/indBACH ON 'CHINESE DEMOCRACY'

Let's talk audio here. Just like you, & the rest of the planet, since Sunday I have spent every waking moment I can listening to 'Chinese Democracy'. Recently I purchased a brand new turntable, partly because it has a USB cord on the back so you can make mp3's of your albums. Funny thing, I have not made one mp3 yet since I bought it. Fact is, any ear can hear that albums sound far richer, clearer, & more natural by far than mp3's, & even standard CD's. Once I started listening to my albums again, the only use I now have for mp3's is their portability. It's definatley cool to carry your whole collection around in your pocket, but as far as sound goes, analog whup's digital's ass, hands down, no contest.

Which leads me to 'Chinese Democracy'. Picked up the 180 Gram Vinyl Double Album, & the CD as well for the car. This is the first brand new album I have bought in over 15 years for sure, possibly 20 years. All I can say is, we as music fans have lost alot with the so-called (premature? one can only hope) 'demise' of the LP. As soon as I ran my fingernail down the side, splitting the cellophane, & opened the gatefold sleeve, I knew I was in for a full-on rock'n'roll 'experience' getting into this LP. I pulled out Disc 1 & was immediately struck by how 'heavy' this vinyl was. It's like my dad's old original copy of 'Led Zeppelin 2'. Not flimsy, lightweight vinyl like records became in the late '80's. 'Chinese Democracy' is a heavy, thick , 'platter' of a record. I couldn't wait to crank it.

FYI the Bach stereo system consists of : the 'Ion' turntable through a Pioneer VSX-52 Amplifier. I run this through an AudioControl C-101 Equalizier, with Adcom Poweramps. My speakers are JBL Control 10's with a Velodyne Sub-Woofer on a hardwood floor. Yes, I can make my whole house literally shake if I want, & yes, the lights actually dim for a second in my living room when I fire all the gear up. I dig it. In short, it kicks ass.

As soon as I dropped the needle on 'Chinese Democracy', I was captivated by the sound of this record, & the thought, talent, & care put into this piece of Art, from all involved. The power, clarity, separation, & production of this music is nothing short of incredible. As loud as I want, I can still hear the vocals, guitars & everything else perfectly clear, with the bass rumbling my guts (& below) just like it should. When Axl rips into the line "even with an iron fist" in the first song, the blood in my veins starts to boil & the intensity does not let up until the end of Side Four. What I hear on this record is unbelievable pathos, %100 of Axl's heart, & soul, on record for all of us to hear. When he sings a song such as 'Street Of Dreams' it's lke Janis Joplin at her best, with Quincy Jones' quote of 'Melody is King' operating in full effect. The melodies on this record rip my heart out. To hear them sung by the beautiful/deadly instrument that is Axl Rose's voice, is something that is to me, truly special, not to mention really cool to own & be able to blast 'on stun' whenever I choose. 4 times today so far, but who's counting.

I cannot stop listening to this record. 'Scraped', 'Rhiad & The Bedoins', 'Street Of Dreams', 'IRS', everytime I listen I have a new favorite. Brain, Bumblefoot, Robin Finck, everyone on the record played their asses off; the production is stellar; I haven't even got to the lyrics, still too blown away by the sheer sound to tackle the words.....yet! The album is, above all: Original. Heartfelt. Without Compromise. How many records can you honestly describe in that way today?

This is like nothing I have ever heard. And I can't wait to hear it again.

Which is, to me, the definition of great rock'n'roll.

ex.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1682&Itemid=42
mrarkadin
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 07:39:35 AM »

Bach is more articulate than a quarter of the professional reviewers who commented on Chinese Democracy.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2008, 07:53:14 AM »

this was posted a few days ago I think...
anyways Baz is awsome in his description props to him.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: