Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:15:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sebastian Bach: 'Chinese Democracy' Is 'The Definition Of Great Rock 'N' Roll'
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sebastian Bach: 'Chinese Democracy' Is 'The Definition Of Great Rock 'N' Roll'  (Read 4314 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: November 26, 2008, 07:00:16 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH Says 'Chinese Democracy' Is 'The Definition Of Great Rock 'N' Roll' - Nov. 26, 2008

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach, who spent much of 2006 and 2007 touring as the support act for GUNS N' ROSES, has issued the following update:

"Let's talk audio here. Just like you and the rest of the planet, since Sunday I have spent every waking moment I can listening to 'Chinese Democracy'. Recently I purchased a brand new turntable, partly because it has a USB cord on the back so you can make MP3s of your albums. Funny thing, I have not made one MP3 yet since I bought it. Fact is, any ear can hear that albums sound far richer, clearer and more natural by far than mp3's and even standard CDs. Once I started listening to my albums again, the only use I now have for MP3s is their portability. It's definitely cool to carry your whole collection around in your pocket, but as far as sound goes, analog whups digital's ass, hands down, no contest.

"Which leads me to 'Chinese Democracy'. Picked up the 180-gram vinyl double album and the CD as well for the car. This is the first brand new album I have bought in over 15 years, for sure, possibly 20 years. All I can say is, we as music fans have lost a lot with the so-called (premature? one can only hope) 'demise' of the LP. As soon as I ran my fingernail down the side, splitting the cellophane and opened the gatefold sleeve, I knew I was in for a full-on rock'n'roll 'experience' getting into this LP. I pulled out disc 1 and was immediately struck by how 'heavy' this vinyl was. It's like my dad's old original copy of 'Led Zeppelin 2'. Not flimsy, lightweight vinyl like records became in the late '80s. 'Chinese Democracy' is a heavy, thick 'platter' of a record. I couldn't wait to crank it.

"For your information, the Bach stereo system consists of : the 'Ion' turntable through a Pioneer VSX-52 Amplifier. I run this through an AudioControl C-101 equalizier, with Adcom poweramps. My speakers are JBL Control 10s with a Velodyne sub-woofer on a hardwood floor. Yes, I can make my whole house literally shake if I want, and yes, the lights actually dim for a second in my living room when I fire all the gear up. I dig it. In short, it kicks ass.

"As soon as I dropped the needle on 'Chinese Democracy', I was captivated by the sound of this record and the thought, talent, and care put into this piece of art from all involved. The power, clarity, separation and production of this music is nothing short of incredible. As loud as I want, I can still hear the vocals, guitars and everything else perfectly clear, with the bass rumbling my guts (and below) just like it should. When Axl rips into the line 'even with an iron fist' in the first song, the blood in my veins starts to boil and the intensity does not let up until the end of side four. What I hear on this record is unbelievable pathos, 100% of Axl's heart and soul on record for all of us to hear. When he sings a song such as 'Street Of Dreams', it's like Janis Joplin at her best, with Quincy Jones' quote of 'melody is king' operating in full effect. The melodies on this record rip my heart out. To hear them sung by the beautiful/deadly instrument that is Axl Rose's voice is something that is to me, truly special, not to mention really cool to own and be able to blast 'on stun' whenever I choose. Four times today so far, but who's counting.

"I cannot stop listening to this record. 'Scraped', 'Riad N' The Bedouins', 'Street Of Dreams', 'IRS', everytime I listen I have a new favorite. Brain, Bumblefoot, Robin Finck, everyone on the record played their asses off; the production is stellar; I haven't even got to the lyrics, still too blown away by the sheer sound to tackle the words.... yet! The album is, above all: Original. Heartfelt. Without Compromise. How many records can you honestly describe in that way today? This is like nothing I have ever heard. And I can't wait to hear it again. Which is, to me, the definition of great rock'n'roll."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=109708

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 07:43:44 PM »

Way to go Baz, I agree

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 07:48:03 PM »

I couldn't have put it better than that.  ok

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 07:53:58 PM »

Fuck yeah Seb!

Makes me want to go out and buy a turntable!!

Does anybody else who bought both the album and the cd think that the album sounds better?

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 08:36:22 PM »

Baz is a good / great sing, but I would say he should be a legend. no

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 08:40:05 PM »

Very few singers have the pipes of Bach.

He is a funny, great guy with an awesome personality.

He might have been a dick back then, but the dude was a child. he seems cool now.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 08:41:50 PM »

^^^^^^+1

I hate to say this, but when Baz and Axl perform My Michelle, Baz totally dominates Axl.

Same deal with the Angel Down tracks.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 08:57:01 PM »

Great he liked the album. But am I the only one who doesnt give a shit about Bach?  smoking

He recorded one of my favourite albums of all time (Slave To The Grind), an was amazing live with GnR in 1993, but yeah...
I like him better when he's not speaking.

Baz rules. Angel Down kicks ass. I hope he opens again for GNR in 09 though I would prefer if he got back with Skid Row.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 09:10:10 PM »

I was kinda wondering when Baz would come out and say something bout the album now that it's out.  He's the only one that's been talking about it the last two years, lol.   
prairie
Headliner

www.gnrtv.com - All GNR, all the time.

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 09:14:01 PM »

I'm not sure, but I get the feeling Baz likes Chinese Democracy.

prairieboy,

At www.gnrtv.com, it's all GNR videos, all the time.  Plus a few other goodies.

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 09:16:39 PM »

Baz is awesome..  I love how supportive he has been since he rekindled his friendship with Axl in 2006.    He's a true friend and an amazing talent.  Love his backup vox on Sorry, and Angel Down is also a great album.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 09:26:26 PM »

^^^^^^+1

I hate to say this, but when Baz and Axl perform My Michelle, Baz totally dominates Axl.

I like Baz's quote there, but no, during My Michelle, in no way shape or form did Baz "dominate" Axl.  Sorry, not even close.  It was great to see that live twice though.   beer
 peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 11:00:39 PM »

^^^^^^+1

I like Baz's quote there, but no, during My Michelle, in no way shape or form did Baz "dominate" Axl.  Sorry, not even close.  It was great to see that live twice though.   beer
 peace

I wouldn't call it a "domination" either. More like a real run for his money. But it's sooooo much easier to just pop in for a single song than it is to sing for a whole gig the way Axl does. No one has the pipes for going all out for 2+ hours. That being said, Baz was great on My Michelle!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 11:01:11 PM »

I really hope Axl and Baz continue to collaborate and tour together.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 12:02:39 AM »

Baz is awesome..  I love how supportive he has been since he rekindled his friendship with Axl in 2006.

Indeed! I think him being friends with Axl again put his world upside down, he seems to worship the guy lol. Just kidding. He admires him, but don't we all? Baz rocks! beer

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
ereeper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2008, 12:04:00 AM »

Baz is currently working on a country album.  The show he was on last summer was actual quite good.  He has one recorded country song title "Battle With The Bottle" on itunes and it's great.

On a side note, I'm not surprised he mentioned IRS.  At the Detroit show in 06, Baz was on the side of the stage with his wife most of the night and I remember him really rocking out when IRS was played.

Toledo   1991
Detroit  1992
Detroit  1993
Chicago 2002
Detroit  2002
Detroit  2006
Detroit  2011
Chicago 2012
Detroit 2012
HOF      2012
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2008, 12:12:22 AM »

I'm surprised he didn't mention Sorry. That's kinda, dare I say, humble of him.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2008, 12:26:18 AM »

^^^^^^+1

peace

I wouldn't call it a "domination" either. More like a real run for his money. But it's sooooo much easier to just pop in for a single song than it is to sing for a whole gig the way Axl does. No one has the pipes for going all out for 2+ hours. That being said, Baz was great on My Michelle!

Uhhh, Baz opened for Axl and he would play well over an hour.  His songs are no cakewalk either.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2008, 12:28:56 AM »

Baz is currently working on a country album.  The show he was on last summer was actual quite good.  He has one recorded country song title "Battle With The Bottle" on itunes and it's great.

On a side note, I'm not surprised he mentioned IRS.  At the Detroit show in 06, Baz was on the side of the stage with his wife most of the night and I remember him really rocking out when IRS was played.

If you don't get up and jump and headbang every time the "I bet you think I'm doing this all for my health" part comes on you must be def, the adrenaline and energy is incredible!! Grin

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2008, 12:30:44 AM »

^^^^^^+1

peace

true , but he also has a few hour before guns go on after his set. then a little more time after they start their set.

Uhhh, Baz opened for Axl and he would play well over an hour.  His songs are no cakewalk either.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: