Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:15:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dr Pepper bitchslapped
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dr Pepper bitchslapped  (Read 44149 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2008, 11:33:08 AM »

Imagine how much revenue ($$$) GNR fans have generated for Dr. Pepper in the last 8 MONTHS since Axl acknowledged this promotion.  Dr. Pepper owes us what they promised!!!

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1878

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2008, 11:33:33 AM »

excessively procedurial, to say the least.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2008, 12:26:12 PM »

because i'm a die hard fan, i was going to buy cd for sure anyway.  but i talked to a bunch of my friends, and they were on the fence about buying it.  but after failin got get their free dr. pepper for an extra day, they got really mad and totally decided to take it out on axl.  for sure, this dr. pepper scandal ruined cd for a lot of people.  they simply could not enjoy the music anymore.  it really fucking pisses me off.

Your friends didn't buy ChiDem over a fucking 50 cent can of pop? Wow, they must be really big rock fans Roll Eyes

How about telling them to listen to the MUSIC and not worry about a cheap ass can of pop?

It's a can of pop not a fucking car giveaway.

it's the whole experience.  it's not just about the can of soda.  it's about the build up and the hype and the excitement of getting the can of soda.  like i say they were on the fence anyways.  this just tipped the scales. 

this is an absolute disagrace!  and because chinese democracy day was ruined for them, it was ruined for me.  i'd waited so long to be able to show them up by blasting the cd int the car on the way home -- WHILE SIPPING OUR DR. PEPPERS.  it didnt' happen.  whos' fault is it?  axl's?  no, he's the one who's caring about the fans here.

scapegoating a soda company for ruining the release day is childish. Drop the 50 cents and buy your own soda. The absurdity of GnR fans is reaching a new level.
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2008, 12:32:59 PM »

yeah, okay man.  companies should just be allowed to break promises to fans and fail to deliver when they say they will.  yeah, that should just be acceptable.  as a fan of gnr, i don't think they should be allowed to get my hopes up and then fail to give me what i expect.  or make me wait longer than i should have.  if you think companies should have the right to treat fans that way, then bend over and let yourself keep getting fucked by dr. pepper.  but if you're ready to stand up for honesty and integrity, then you'll support axl.  but why am i not surprised to see haters trying to spin this?

simple fact:  23rd was about chinese demcoracy and dr. pepper.  the country had its hopes up and was very excited.  axl delivered on his end -- brilliantly well i should add.  but dr. pepper dropped the ball.  now axl's holding them accountable for all the shit they caused in fans lives.

are you claiming this ridiculous stunt is behind the cd only selling 300k?

btw, the whole first paragraph of your post could be about axl...promises, fail to deliver, waiting longer than we should. Shit they caused in fans lives...you really need to get a dose of reality.
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2008, 12:34:09 PM »

well if you love dr. pepper and hate axl so much, why not join a dr. pepper forum? 

axl's made it very clear how dr. pepper used and abused gnr's good name and disappointed the fans across america.  that's not cool with me, and it's not cool with axl.  apparently it's cool with you.  nice to know who's side your own when the chips are down.  remind me never to turn my back on you.

he only seemed to make it clear yesterday....why wait 6 months to attack Dr Pepper?
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2008, 12:36:46 PM »

Hate to say this, but I think this is just a 'diffrent' way of promoting the album.

Just like the Chinese getting upset and Robin joining NIN, its all publicity that keeps their name out there and hopefully shifts more copies

Here today...ready to rock
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2008, 12:36:55 PM »

he only seemed to make it clear yesterday....why wait 6 months to attack Dr Pepper?

Dose if reality?  Did you even read the "attack" on Dr. Pepper?  It was about them failing to deliver on their promise.  Until that point, there was no issue.

Secondly, I don't recall Axl promising everyone in America a free copy of Chinese Democracy.  It seems to me that you're too afraid to believe in something beautiful, and Axl actually delivering on everything we hoped he would, so you have to lash out at those that aren't too afraid to stand up for what the man is doing.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2008, 12:40:21 PM »

Axl Rose Accuses Dr Pepper of Malpractice

Los Angeles (E! Online) ? All is fair in Chinese Democracy, except when the citizens are denied the opportunity to drink what the Dr ordered.

Axl Rose, wholely mum when Dr Pepper announced that it would bestow a free 20-ounce bottle to all Americans when Guns N' Roses' years-in-the-making album finally dropped, is taking the company to task via his attorney after learning that not all customers were served.

The soft-drink slinger had arranged to bestow online coupons to any thirsty freebie-seeker who visited its website on Nov. 23, but the site crashed due to...well, high traffic brought on by people's insatiable desire for free stuff.

The promotion was extended for another day, but the site was reportedly unreachable for most of it.

And despite what surely is Rose's sympathy for those who have trouble meeting customer demand, his lawyer is calling the attention-getting ploy an "unmitigated disaster which defrauded customers."

In a letter to Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc, Beverly Hills-based Alan Gutman demanded that the company extend the promotion and place full-page apologies in the Los Angeles Times, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and USA Today.

Calling the campaign an "exploitation of my clients' legendary reputation and their eagerly awaited album, Gutman wrote that "mocking undertones" in the Dr Pepper promotion made for a "raw and damaging commercial exploitation of our clients' rights," which was then made even worse by the "shoddy execution of your disingenuous giveaway offer."

Oh, and the band would like some money now, too.

Threatening further legal action if no reparations are made, Gutman requests "appropriate payment...for the unauthorized use and abuse of their publicity and intellectual property rights."

Dr Pepper declined to comment on Guns N' Roses' version of events.

Source:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20081127/en_top_eo/70871

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2008, 01:25:03 PM »

Imagine how much revenue ($$$) GNR fans have generated for Dr. Pepper in the last 8 MONTHS since Axl acknowledged this promotion.  Dr. Pepper owes us what they promised!!!

This is correct. I myself spent over $120 in the last week on Dr Pepper misled by their "promotional campaign" supposedly supporting the release of CD. That's money I otherwise would have never spent on the nasty drink. I imagine thousands of other GN'R fans may be in a similar situation. When you add it up, the damages become substantial.

It may be also that Dr Pepper misled the GN'R camp too into rushing the release of the record and therefore not execute the perfect delivery as is evident from the booklet problems and the not too well planned promotional campaign. GN'R would have never wanted to deprive 300M Americans from what was rightfully theirs to collect.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2008, 01:47:16 PM »

Dose if reality?  Did you even read the "attack" on Dr. Pepper?  It was about them failing to deliver on their promise.  Until that point, there was no issue.

Secondly, I don't recall Axl promising everyone in America a free copy of Chinese Democracy.  It seems to me that you're too afraid to believe in something beautiful, and Axl actually delivering on everything we hoped he would, so you have to lash out at those that aren't too afraid to stand up for what the man is doing.

i like the CD a lot, except for scraped and the the mastered Catcher in the Rye, which never happened. The dr pepper thing has zero to do with what he's doing.

as an aside, why wont Axl stand up for what he's doing by doing ANY promotion, appearances, press releases? Why wouldnt they have partnered with Dr Pepper earlier? this lawsuit is a diversion....
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2008, 01:52:10 PM »

This is correct. I myself spent over $120 in the last week on Dr Pepper misled by their "promotional campaign" supposedly supporting the release of CD. That's money I otherwise would have never spent on the nasty drink. I imagine thousands of other GN'R fans may be in a similar situation. When you add it up, the damages become substantial.

It may be also that Dr Pepper misled the GN'R camp too into rushing the release of the record and therefore not execute the perfect delivery as is evident from the booklet problems and the not too well planned promotional campaign. GN'R would have never wanted to deprive 300M Americans from what was rightfully theirs to collect.

$120 on dr pepper? and you dont even like the drink? uhmmm....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2008, 01:54:18 PM »

So people started all of a sudden buying Dr. Pepper because of this?

That's kinda pathetic.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2008, 01:58:36 PM »

$120 on dr pepper? and you dont even like the drink? uhmmm....

It was for work. I wanted to raise awareness of the CD release. Since I couldn't really afford to buy 300+ CD copies of the album for my co-workers I decided to go with Dr Pepper misled by their national support for the release. I still reached to every one of my co-workers and I don't regret that part at all. However,  I do feel cheated by the fact that I've at same time supported the sales of a soda company that misused the GN'R name for their own profit while failing to deliver on their promise.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2008, 02:31:45 PM »

That's kinda pathetic.
First of all, it's not pathetic.  Secondly, it wasn't all of a sudden.  Roll Eyes

I'll type slow so maybe you can follow the logic .....

you're a GNR fan ... you're all excited about the SOON-TO-BE-RELEASED CHINESE DEMOCRACY ... you go to the store to buy some soda and there on the shelf, along side all the other brands, is dr. pepper ... you pick up whatever brand(s) you usually buy and ALSO grab some dr. pepper with a smile in your heart because you THINK that they, LIKE YOU, are CELEBRATING GUNS N' ROSES!!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2008, 02:38:24 PM »

LOL. I woulden't drink Dr. Pepper if you paid me too.

I think this is hilarious honestly...

I wish Axl n' company would do something more to promote this album more. This album deserves it.  Roll Eyes

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2008, 02:53:03 PM »

Sorry...Diet Dr Pepper is my soda of choice.  That's not going to change.  GN'R isn't going to influence that choice.  I guess that makes me a bad GN'R fan in many eyes here.  I don't understand the whole Dr Pepper thing and why it's such a big deal to everyone.  I understand that not everyone got a soda coupon as promised because of Dr Pepper not being prepared for the onslaught.  But as pointed out...it's SODA!  As for the whole "Dr Pepper used GN'R's influence to promote their product" thing...well, yep.  But, it didn't seem as if that was a big deal a few months ago, but now it is.  I just don't get it.

I love GN'R's music.  I admire Axl Rose.  But, not everything in life revolves around GN'R. 

It's SODA!!!  UGH!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2008, 02:54:55 PM »

Sorry...Diet Dr Pepper is my soda of choice.  That's not going to change.  GN'R isn't going to influence that choice.  I guess that makes me a bad GN'R fan in many eyes here.  I don't understand the whole Dr Pepper thing and why it's such a big deal to everyone.  I understand that not everyone got a soda coupon as promised because of Dr Pepper not being prepared for the onslaught.  But as pointed out...it's SODA!  As for the whole "Dr Pepper used GN'R's influence to promote their product" thing...well, yep.  But, it didn't seem as if that was a big deal a few months ago, but now it is.  I just don't get it.

I love GN'R's music.  I admire Axl Rose.  But, not everything in life revolves around GN'R. 

It's SODA!!!  UGH!

Cheers Sukie and drink up!  beer

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2008, 02:56:37 PM »

I feel like I'm watching a live internet version right now.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2008, 03:01:17 PM »

That's kinda pathetic.
First of all, it's not pathetic.  Secondly, it wasn't all of a sudden.  Roll Eyes

you're a GNR fan ... you're all excited about the SOON-TO-BE-RELEASED CHINESE DEMOCRACY ... you go to the store to buy some soda and there on the shelf, along side all the other brands, is dr. pepper ... you pick up whatever brand(s) you usually buy and ALSO grab some dr. pepper with a smile in your heart because you THINK that they, LIKE YOU, are CELEBRATING GUNS N' ROSES!!!

that's called being a sheep to advertising and its hilarious you are trying to insult my intelligence, when you are the one who bought some fucking product just because they used somebody famous.

I find that pretty hilarious.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2008, 03:04:06 PM »

That's kinda pathetic.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: