Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:01:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Richard Fortus Interview...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Richard Fortus Interview...  (Read 10166 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 11:54:40 PM »

Sounds like he pulled a 'Prince' (yes, the purple one). If i recall correctly, he signed a a contract  for like 100 million $$$ back in the day to deliver a certain number of albums, he already supposedly had all the music recorded in advance. Pretty sly stuff.

yeah but Warner Bros wouldn't release what he wanted to release so he walked away from 100 million. That is some artistic integrity right there.

Im sure Richard will contribute greatly to GNR on future albums. Like he said, those songs were already written so there isn't much u can do.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 11:58:01 PM »

Sounds like he pulled a 'Prince' (yes, the purple one). If i recall correctly, he signed a a contract  for like 100 million $$$ back in the day to deliver a certain number of albums, he already supposedly had all the music recorded in advance. Pretty sly stuff.

yeah but Warner Bros wouldn't release what he wanted to release so he walked away from 100 million. That is some artistic integrity right there.

Im sure Richard will contribute greatly to GNR on future albums. Like he said, those songs were already written so there isn't much u can do.

I would love to spend a day in Princes vault. dude supossible has a shit load of stuff never heard. even videos for a good chunk of the shit to.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2008, 08:20:52 AM »

The three album rumour ran through until the beginning of 2006.  But by the end of the year, Bach was talking about there being four albums... so it seems that an entire new album could have been written whilst they were on the road.  I know Axl mentioned to Eddie Trunk in 06 that during rehearsals for the Hammerstein gigs they'd been working on a new song that hadn't been recorded yet.

So, even though it's a bit soon to begin speculation, seeing as speculation about Chinese Democracy has just been ended.  I expect the next album late next year, the third in early 2011, and the last in mid-2012.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2008, 06:58:10 PM »

The three album rumour ran through until the beginning of 2006.  But by the end of the year, Bach was talking about there being four albums... so it seems that an entire new album could have been written whilst they were on the road.  I know Axl mentioned to Eddie Trunk in 06 that during rehearsals for the Hammerstein gigs they'd been working on a new song that hadn't been recorded yet.

So, even though it's a bit soon to begin speculation, seeing as speculation about Chinese Democracy has just been ended.  I expect the next album late next year, the third in early 2011, and the last in mid-2012.
Let me be the first (doubt that) to bet that Nov. 23rd will be release date.  peace

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 11:43:18 AM »

From another interview...

Tuesday, 09 December 2008

On his relentless touring schedule with Rihanna and then Guns ?N Roses...

I get home on the 20th of December, and then get the family and go to St. Louis. And then the day after we play, I'm flying to Dubai for New Year's; they're still trying to figure out where the New Year's show is going to be. GNR's not doing anything until next year, in January.

http://www.playbackstl.com/content/view/8323/157/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2008, 11:56:56 AM »

a suggestion of GNR's doing somethin (like a gig) in the next jan. Grin
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2008, 11:57:51 AM »

From another interview...

Tuesday, 09 December 2008

On his relentless touring schedule with Rihanna and then Guns ?N Roses...

I get home on the 20th of December, and then get the family and go to St. Louis. And then the day after we play, I'm flying to Dubai for New Year's; they're still trying to figure out where the New Year's show is going to be. GNR's not doing anything until next year, in January.

http://www.playbackstl.com/content/view/8323/157/

That's cool, thanks! January will be amazing!
It's cool that Richard was considered for the position before Buckethead got it, it shows how seriously interested they were in him playing lead. I wonder what the band would look like if Bucket didn't get the gig and Bumble didn't eventually replace him. He says "a few years earlier", I remember Bucket joining when Freeze left in 2000, I remember reading "Buckethead in, Freeze out" on an Axl site which name escapes me back in 2000. It's likely Bucket got the call from GN'R in '99 or around there I guess.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2008, 12:23:19 PM »

sounds like a pretty cool guy; between him and bumblefoot at least they have two guys that will speak to the media; given the prior commitments of many of the band members, it makes alot of sense that no tour has been announced yet; i look forward to seeing when i can see these guys in 2009 in NYC!  Hopefully a handful of hammerstein shows as a warm-up and finish it off by playing the garden Grin
EstrangedBrazil
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2008, 01:28:02 PM »

cool, smart guy and i bet his material is awesome... and just knowing he replaced what is possibly the WORST guitar player to ever join a professional band has to make one grateful! Tongue
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2008, 07:43:12 PM »

cool, smart guy and i bet his material is awesome... and just knowing he replaced what is possibly the WORST guitar player to ever join a professional band has to make one grateful! Tongue

What do you know about Paul's playing except for maybe seeing him at one show?
Show some respect for the guy, he played a huge (no pun intended) role in making GN'R what it is today.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2008, 07:51:03 PM »

do you like catcher, prostitute or twat?
because Paul played a huge part in creating those songs,
show some respect.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
EstrangedBrazil
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2008, 02:45:28 PM »

What do you know about Paul's playing except for maybe seeing him at one show?
Show some respect for the guy, he played a huge (no pun intended) role in making GN'R what it is today.

Again, an awful, awful guitar player, how is that disrespectful, really? dunno how huge his part in songwriting was, but yeah, maybe hes a good songwriter... but as an actual guitar player, he is just awful... seems like a nice guy tho
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2008, 02:50:34 PM »

sorry but i dont think we realy have da right to say that i mean hes there 4 a reason

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2008, 04:11:28 PM »

dunno how huge his part in songwriting was, but yeah, maybe hes a good songwriter... but as an actual guitar player, he is just awful... seems like a nice guy tho

did you buy Chinese Democracy?
keithos27
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2008, 04:42:12 PM »

cool interview, thanks for sharing.

i'm definitely not as up to date or knowledgeable as many of you here so i was super psyched to read that there are multiple albums worth of material still unreleased.  Smiley 
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2008, 02:19:25 PM »

cool interview, thanks for sharing.

i'm definitely not as up to date or knowledgeable as many of you here so i was super psyched to read that there are multiple albums worth of material still unreleased.  Smiley 
True that i would like to make a tost to a ton of new future GNR albums beer

COG
Opening Act

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2008, 02:31:11 PM »

don't know why, but i always have had good sensations about fortus. i really like this guy. don't know if his "i don't interested to play lead or rythm, more interested to write music" is deeply true, but i like this answer.

Bring Back Buck
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2008, 02:37:58 PM »

don't know why, but i always have had good sensations about fortus. i really like this guy. don't know if his "i don't interested to play lead or rythm, more interested to write music" is deeply true, but i like this answer.
Yea he defnetly has the attitude for it but i wonder if he can deliver on his promise
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 02:42:59 PM by Jdog0830 » Logged

COG
Opening Act

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2008, 02:42:24 PM »

Yea he defnetly has the attitude for it but i wonder if he can delever on his promise

only he knows. but since he joined the band, his attitude matches his words

Bring Back Buck
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2008, 02:43:49 PM »

the only thing we can really do then is wait and see my friends

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: