Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:33:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  New Songs being played on Eddie Trunk
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Songs being played on Eddie Trunk  (Read 12663 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2008, 12:31:25 AM »

Great inteview with Rob Halford, then great interview with Vinnie Paul.  Duff is up next!  Maybe he will play Sorry before Duff comes on.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2008, 12:34:42 AM »

Duff is on now.  Talking about loaded as of now...  I am sure it will end of GNR.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2008, 12:45:47 AM »

Talking GNR now.
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2008, 12:52:36 AM »

No matter what's happened in the past, I still like Duff.  He answered those questions honestly.  Good (and fair) responses to Trunk's questions.  He doesn't seem bitter at all, or angry at Axl for what he's doing now.  Just a cool dude.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2008, 12:53:40 AM »

Happy for Axl, only heard song Chinese Democracy in the Gym.  Would listen to album once he gets it.  Doesn't have it.  Not obsessed over it.  Talking about adler now.  I was hoping for some insight or a review, nothing coming.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2008, 12:55:21 AM »

No matter what's happened in the past, I still like Duff.  He answered those questions honestly.  Good (and fair) responses to Trunk's questions.  He doesn't seem bitter at all, or angry at Axl for what he's doing now.  Just a cool dude.

Agree, total class.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2008, 12:58:53 AM »

Agree, total class.

Or spineless....
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2008, 01:20:37 AM »

Agree, total class.

Or spineless....

Garry, didn't know you didn't like him...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2008, 01:22:09 AM »

Agree, total class.

Or spineless....

He's cool, but it's true.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2008, 08:26:13 AM »

Agree, total class.

Or spineless....

He's cool, but it's true.
same here, he's the reason i started playing bass (him and deedee Tongue) and he was always cool but come the fuck on
Olorin
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2008, 11:24:33 AM »

What did he say about Steven Adler?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2008, 11:49:12 AM »

What did he say about Steven Adler?

Said it was sad.  Said he talked to steven before the celebrity rehab thing.  Duff told him he didn't think it was  a good Idea.  He told Duff maybe since so many people see it he will be forced to do it.
Olorin
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2008, 02:10:59 PM »

Forced to try stay clean?

Its cool that Duff keeps in touch with him, sounds like he offered some good advice but in reality Steven hasnt really got much to lose by doing it.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2008, 02:43:02 PM »

they all talk to eachother except for Axl.  Only Izzy really talks to him..... 
Olorin
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2008, 02:51:18 PM »

I never thought any of them were still in regular contact with Steven though, only when they bumped into him kinda thing.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2008, 04:13:27 PM »

I'm hoping Duff doesn't come on and state that he has not listened to it.
Unfortunately, that's basically what he said.  He said the only reason he has heard one song (Chinese Democracy) was because it was playing at the gym while he was working out.

Does he really expect anyone to believe that?

But even stranger than that was when Trunk asked him how it feels seeing the giant billboards advertising the release of a GNR album that he's not a part of, he said something like that that part of his life is so far in the past that it really doesn't phase him in the least because he doesn't even think about the old days anymore ...... but at one point he says how his band Loaded does at least three GNR songs in their set.  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2008, 04:17:59 PM »

I think he is trying to be diplomatic

It would have to hurt and piss them off and also make them feel like shit cause they know they fucked up walking away.

I mean just listen to CD.

who the fuck wouldn't want to be a part of that?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2008, 04:29:17 PM »

I think he is trying to be diplomatic

It would have to hurt and piss them off and also make them feel like shit cause they know they fucked up walking away.

I mean just listen to CD.

who the fuck wouldn't want to be a part of that?

D, why the fuck would they want to be part of that?  You can't hear the bass (Duff has one of the best Bass tones ever) and there aren't any riff's.  Not Duff and Slash's or even Izzy for that matter, type of music.  The songs are good, but, its not the GNR style that Duff was associated with.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2008, 04:42:09 PM »

Guess I am coming full circle here

Duff and Slash have now been dropped by their label. Duff is playing in a side project and Chinese Democracy from their former band is about to be the biggest album of the decade.

I honestly feel this is an Appetite for the 21st century

different style of course, but equally as impressive.

VR are great, I love VR but lets be honest, Axl won.

I love CB and I like Libertad but Axl truly scored a first KO.

u guys know I am probably the biggest supporter of the old band and a reunion and all of that on the board. Jarmo has almost banned me a couple times I am sure cause of my diehard Slash and old band love but seriously, Axl really did prove he was the stronger as Slash said.

To see this phenomenon happening and knowing u could've been a part of it, has to be bittersweet.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2008, 04:47:41 PM »

Guess I am coming full circle here

Duff and Slash have now been dropped by their label. Duff is playing in a side project and Chinese Democracy from their former band is about to be the biggest album of the decade.

I honestly feel this is an Appetite for the 21st century

different style of course, but equally as impressive.

VR are great, I love VR but lets be honest, Axl won.

I love CB and I like Libertad but Axl truly scored a first KO.

u guys know I am probably the biggest supporter of the old band and a reunion and all of that on the board. Jarmo has almost banned me a couple times I am sure cause of my diehard Slash and old band love but seriously, Axl really did prove he was the stronger as Slash said.

To see this phenomenon happening and knowing u could've been a part of it, has to be bittersweet.

D, you are Waaaaaaaay off on this.  Album of Decade?  It won't even outsell AC/DC's Black Ice... Why?  Zero promotion.  I love the album too, but come on.  There isn't even a tour announced.. Axl hasn't made a statement.  Why would Slash and Duff want to have waited 14 years to have an album come out with virtually no promotion and no tour to support it?  I bet right now they are thinking, 14 years for this?  Let me guess, Robin and Bucket are heart broken tooo... Hell no, they left on their own as well.  Axl released some good songs on this album, he released some Great ones with GNR in the 80's and 90's too.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: