Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 07:57:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Setlist Wishes: Now That We've Heard the Album
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Setlist Wishes: Now That We've Heard the Album  (Read 32847 times)
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2009, 03:17:34 PM »

The new tour would have to start with Chinese Democracy. Ain't no other way....

I agree. Great song to begin with. I heard it Live in 2006 it's really a powerfull song.

Duff can't "open" for GN'R : it's his band.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2009, 03:46:35 PM »

The new tour would have to start with Chinese Democracy. Ain't no other way....

I agree. Great song to begin with. I heard it Live in 2006 it's really a powerfull song.

glad to see most of us can agree on this.
me being so diehard of cd, my dream set would be the 14 songs from cd plus omg, silkworm and some old songs and new songs or whatever they like in between or for encores.
Electric Sintar
Headliner

This is the greatest and best song in the world!

« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2009, 08:23:12 PM »

I disagree.  I would start with Scraped.  Perfect opening song for this band...
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2009, 03:38:50 AM »

Not exactly what I'd like to see, but what I expect...

AFD = WTTJ, It's So Easy, Brownstone, Paradise City, SCOM, Rocket Queen
Lies = Patience
UYI = YCBM, L&LD, November Rain, KOHD
CD = Chinese Democracy, Shackler's Revenge, Better, Street of Dreams, This I Love, If The World, Sorry

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2009, 04:36:55 AM »

i`d like him to sing prostitute at some point in the set and at the piano out-ro at the end i think he should pick someone out of the crowd and dance with them kind of like how bono does it !
Anywaythewindblows
Opening Act

« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2009, 06:12:25 AM »

Welcome to the Jungle
It's so Easy
Shackler's Revenge
Better
DJ Ashba solo
Axl Rant n?1
If the World
Catcher in the Rye
Scraped
Coma
Richard solo
Axl Rant n?2
Rocket Queen
Sorry
Sweet Child O'Mine
Band Jam
This I Love
November Rain
Don't Cry
Axl Rant n?3
Bumblefoot solo
Breakdown
There Was a time
Nightrain

Encore:

Prostitute
Estranged
Paradise City

And after that, I think I wouldn't know what to do with my life...  drool

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »

WTTJ
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Perfect Crime
Catcher In the Rye
Out Ta Get Me
Breakdown
Patience
Used To Love Her
You're Crazy
Rocket Queen
Yesterdays
Double Talkin Jive

November Rain
Live and Let Die
Knockin On Heaven's Door
Nightrain
Think About You
Sweet Child
Locomotive
Whole Lotta Rosie
There Was A Time
Civil War
Nice Boys
Estranged
Paradise City
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 04:00:18 PM by -Rob- » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2009, 04:04:27 PM »

With the number of new songs in your setlist, I hope you saw the Use Your Illusion tour (or keep watching those DVDs).  Tongue

Edit: I have a feeling that this is the reason you got banned in the past. Why do you keep coming back?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 04:25:06 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2009, 04:13:01 PM »

Chinese Democracy
Its So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Sweet Child O Mine
Better
Street Of Dreams
Scraped
You Could Be Mine
Out To get me
Prosititute
Civil War
Don't Cry
Catcher N The Rye
Patience
Used To Love Her
November Rain
Since I don't Have you

Encore
WTTJ
Shacklers Revenge
Madagascar

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2009, 04:26:52 PM »

With the number of new songs in your setlist, I hope you saw the Use Your Illusion tour (or keep watching those DVDs).  Tongue

/jarmo

I caught a couple of shows during the '92 Illusion tour. Without a doubt, the best live shows I have ever seen. Those stadiums were crazy packed. Pure magic.

Like Sorum said years back, that kind of magic will never happen again. Luckily, I do have those dvds. Which reminds me, I really do need to break those out sometime soon.  Smiley

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2009, 04:30:09 PM »

Edit: I have a feeling that this is the reason you got banned in the past. Why do you keep coming back?

/jarmo

Sorry, friend. I think you got the wrong guy. 

I've never been banned from here.   Huh
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2009, 04:33:02 PM »

You should stick to the Dead Horse section from now on.  ok

Just a friendly suggestion before it's too late.

Several people who "prefer the old band" have made the mistake of "posting their honest opinion" in the wrong threads in the wrong section over and over and over again....

FYI: I have no problems kicking people out for that kind of trolling. I don't care if you prefer the old band. There's a place for everything and often your kind of people don't get that. They think the place for old band discussions are in threads dedicated to the current band, the album, the new songs or anything else relating to stuff that has happened within the last 10+ years.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2009, 04:45:07 PM »

You should stick to the Dead Horse section from now on.  ok

Just a friendly suggestion before it's too late.

Several people who "prefer the old band" have made the mistake of "posting their honest opinion" in the wrong threads in the wrong section over and over and over again....

FYI: I have no problems kicking people out for that kind of trolling. I don't care if you prefer the old band. There's a place for everything and often your kind of people don't get that. They think the place for old band discussions are in threads dedicated to the current band, the album, the new songs or anything else relating to stuff that has happened within the last 10+ years.

/jarmo

What if I like both versions of the band? Are you saying that I can't post in a certain section if I prefer one to the other?

Besides, who's talking about the "old band"? I'm in a thread that asked the question, "what my setlist wishes" would be, and I answered accordingly. I never brought up any ex-members, and I never dissed anything that the new band is doing.  Huh

Just trying to get where you're coming from. Is this because I didn't personally "wish" for more new songs than I did? If the thread had asked, what new songs I wanted to hear, I would have listed only the new songs.

To insinuate that's trolling, and threatening to kick me out because of that seems kind of extreme. Not to mention, the clumping me into a category called "my kind". I guess since they have extreme sports, why not have extreme moderating?  hihi
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 04:47:18 PM by -Rob- » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2009, 04:53:33 PM »

What if I like both versions of the band? Are you saying that I can't post in a certain section if I prefer one to the other?

If you read my post, it's quite clear what I said.

If your idea of posting here consists of trolling this section by posting about the old band in threads that have nothing to do with that era, then stay out.

Can it be more clear?

So let me get this straight, while the majority of fans who have heard the new album wants to hear those songs performed live, you want a full two (2) of them to be performed.

That's less new songs than in 2002, 2006 and 2007. Tours that happened before the album was out.

This thread isn't about your all time dream setlist. It's about what songs from the album you think would fit where in the set.

It also seems like most people except you got that, since they actually include a reasonable amount of new songs in their own setlists.

So either you're taking the piss, you don't like the new songs and/or you think two new songs is a reasonable amount.

And if you don't like the songs, you could still play along and guess where some of the new songs that you dislike would fit in a setlist.

Extreme trolls require extreme measures.

There's no need to play nice with people like that.

/jarmo

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2009, 05:25:04 PM »

If you read my post, it's quite clear what I said.

If your idea of posting here consists of trolling this section by posting about the old band in threads that have nothing to do with that era, then stay out.

Can it be more clear?

It's perfectly clear. I just really don't see why it is that you are telling me this. Hell, I would have never guessed that me not posting more new songs in "my setlist wishes" would have been construed as me "trolling about the old band". Aside from a political forum, this is the only forum I post at. To be honest, it seems a little more political here than the one that I go to that actually discusses politics. But whatever ... your forum (I'm assuming) ... your right.

Keep in mind ... I simply posted my setlist wishes. You were the one who brought up the UYI tour and dvds.

So let me get this straight, while the majority of fans who have heard the new album wants to hear those songs performed live, you want a full two (2) of them to be performed.

That's less new songs than in 2002, 2006 and 2007.

Umm ... yeah. I guess that is what I was saying. But I can't say that I said it to derail the thread, start controversy, or to piss you off. Those 2 songs that I mentioned are my favorite from the album. By only mentioning those 2, I wasn't implying that I hate the new album, Axl's bandmembers, or that I am "one of those kind" that are praying for Slash to come back.

There are just other songs that I would prefer to hear from the back catalogue that I find more appealing; especially in a live setting.

This thread isn't about your all time dream setlist. It's about what songs from the album you think would fit where in the set.

Well, the thread's title is sure misleading then.

"Setlist Wishes: Now That We've Heard the Album" to me, suggests that now that we know offically what Chinese Democray's tracklist consists of, what would I like the setlist to be on the next tour?

That's how I interpreted the thread's question, and I answered it honestly. If there was a minimum amount of new songs that you required to be used in my setlist wishes, a disclaimer should have been added stating such.

It also seems like most people except you got that, since they actually include a reasonable amount of new songs in their own setlists.

So either you're taking the piss, you don't like the new songs and/or you think two new songs is a reasonable amount.

The answer is the latter of the two. I thought that it was a reasonable amount based on what my setlist wishes are, and the songs that are available to choose from.

And if you don't like the songs, you could still play along and guess where some of the new songs that you dislike would fit in a setlist.

What songs do I dislike? I simply stated the songs that would be "my setlist wishes".

Seriously, I assure you ... you are reading entirely too much into this.    hihi

Extreme trolls require extreme measures.

There's no need to play nice with people like that.

If that's the case, great. Go and find yourself a guy/girl who is here to "troll" and harass that person. Judging by your inability to accept an opinion other than your own, it shouldn't be too difficult to find an individual who pisses you off.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 05:37:45 PM by -Rob- » Logged
gav
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2009, 05:31:26 PM »

CD
scraped
RATB
Better
mr brownstone
CITR
Shacklers revenge
SOD
November rain
madagascar
patience
IRS
sorry
YCBM
Nightrain

encore

prostitute
this i love
paradise city

With me in front row

And then my life would be complete!
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2009, 05:33:34 PM »

CD
scraped
RATB
Better
mr brownstone
CITR
Shacklers revenge
SOD
November rain
madagascar
patience
IRS
sorry
YCBM
Nightrain

encore

prostitute
this i love
paradise city

With me in front row

And then my life would be complete!

I happened to notice that you only listed 12 of the 14 songs on 'CD'.

By doing so, I hope there was no ill intent on your part.  hihi

Kidding.
gav
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2009, 05:41:20 PM »

^^no fella, just badly wantin a tour! beer
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2009, 05:59:44 PM »

I happened to notice that you only listed 12 of the 14 songs on 'CD'.

By doing so, I hope there was no ill intent on your part.  hihi

Kidding.

You're not helping yourself at all...

I just really don't see why it is that you are telling me this.

Like I told you not too long ago, you got my attention.

Don't think this is the first time I've seen you do something "funny"......

Judging by your inability to accept an opinion other than your own, it shouldn't be too difficult to find an individual who pisses you off.

Pisses me off? Get a fucking clue.

I just don't like smart asses that come here thinking they can start shit and when I say something about it I'll run away afraid of being accused of harassing some poor innocent poster.

I even pointed out to you that your opinion doesn't fucking matter and that there's a place for everything.

So it's kinda like I already acknowledged that people have different opinion didn't I?

So put that thought somewhere safe and keep it there. The usual crying about "you don't respect my opinions because it differs from yours".

The same excuse all attention seekers use because I have no interest in talking about the old band in threads that have nothing to do with them.

I don't give a fuck if you think 1987 was the highlight of mankind. Fine, that's your opinion, but not every thread is about 1987!

"Setlist Wishes: Now That We've Heard the Album" to me, suggests that now that we know offically what Chinese Democray's tracklist consists of, what would I like the setlist to be on the next tour?

That's how I interpreted the thread's question, and I answered it honestly. If there was a minimum amount of new songs that you required to be used in my setlist wishes, a disclaimer should have been added stating such. 

I've explained this to you and you just don't get it.

No disclaimer is needed because it seems like most others have common sense.

Edited to add: The explanation is in the FIRST sentence of the first post:

Plain and simple...you know the songs now and have a better idea as to where they would fit in nicely during a live show...so, go to it...what does GN'R setlist look like in 2009?

So obviously it's not just about what you want to hear as I pointed out.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 07:27:59 PM by jarmo » Logged

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2009, 07:44:29 PM »

Like I told you not too long ago, you got my attention.

Don't think this is the first time I've seen you do something "funny"......

I'd be lying if I were to say I wasn't flattered, but I think I should tell you that I'm happily engaged.

I think it was my sense of humor that originally caught her attention too.   Wink

Pisses me off? Get a fucking clue.

I just don't like smart asses that come here thinking they can start shit and when I say something about it I'll run away afraid of being accused of harassing some poor innocent poster.

I don't blame you for not liking smart asses that are here to stir shit. If I was moderating a forum, I'd probably have a similar stance on that type of nonsense.

My argument is, I'm not sure why it is that I'm getting this lecture?

All because I only chose (2) songs as my setlist wish? Really? That warrants this undeserved scrutiny and name-calling?

I even pointed out to you that your opinion doesn't fucking matter and that there's a place for everything.

So it's kinda like I already acknowledged that people have different opinion didn't I?

So put that thought somewhere safe and keep it there. The usual crying about "you don't respect my opinions because it differs from yours".

Yeah, you did say that. But your actions, namecalling, and threatening me, all because I only listed (2) songs in my setlish wish doesn't seem to suggest that you really feel that way.

The same excuse all attention seekers use because I have no interest in talking about the old band in threads that have nothing to do with them.

I don't give a fuck if you think 1987 was the highlight of mankind. Fine, that's your opinion, but not every thread is about 1987!

Umm ... ok. Again, just so I can try to keep up ... where exactly did I talk about the old band in this thread and where did I ever mention the year 1987?

I simply (with no agenda attached) gave my setlist wish. Immediately, you followed up that response with, "I hope you saw a UYI show and / or own the videos". So, I followed that back up with "YES, I have seen UYI shows, and YES I do own the videos, and they were great".

Just as a reminder, Axl was the frontman of that era, and I said the shows were the best I have ever seen. Why you think me enjoying that period suggests that I wish the year was 1987 again is really beyond me?

I've explained this to you and you just don't get it.

No disclaimer is needed because it seems like most others have common sense.

You're right, Jarmo. The title "Setlist Wishes: Now That We've Heard the Album" clearly indicates that there is a minimum number of new songs REQUIRED to be posted. I honestly have no clue what I was thinking.

Edited to add: The explanation is in the FIRST sentence of the first post:

Plain and simple...you know the songs now and have a better idea as to where they would fit in nicely during a live show...so, go to it...what does GN'R setlist look like in 2009?

So obviously it's not just about what you want to hear as I pointed out.

/jarmo

Well, I'll admit to fault here. I guess I overlooked that post. Next time I'll be sure to re-review the thread several times to avoid being cyber bullied for no real reason.

Peace.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: