Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 12:44:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  MTV News: Hinder Say CD Sounds 'Too Artsy'
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: MTV News: Hinder Say CD Sounds 'Too Artsy'  (Read 3676 times)
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 10:19:52 AM »

Too artsy?   I bet they think Picasso is too artsy too  hihi

Haha cheers to that bud.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 10:22:10 AM »

Hinder = 2 Chord half-ass Nickelback-like rock. 

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 10:24:31 AM »

Hinder can claim gnr as an influence, as many bands have done. but the truth is they are the exact OPPOSITE of gnr. they have NONE of the qualities that make gnr special. they are everything that is wrong with the music industry.

my guess is that they are angered by the fact that they have very little artistic integrity, and are jealous that Axl has the freedom and the power to make the music he wants and express himself as he pleases.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 10:26:53 AM »

Hinder = 2 Chord half-ass Nickelback-like rock. 
If anything Hinders latest album sounds more like an AC/DC meets Motley Crue album.

In their defense.

But its loaded with too many ballads, so it sends me to sleep.

html sucks
The Illusionist
Headliner

Illusion

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 10:31:22 AM »

I mean old influences like Ugly Kid Joe sounded infinitely better than "Hinder" and these new GNR-influenced trash bands...

<i>Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker</i>
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 10:33:30 AM »

Not that I like Hinder in any way... But is ANYONE qualified to question the Chinese Democracy Final Product?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 10:35:52 AM »

I mean old influences like Ugly Kid Joe sounded infinitely better than "Hinder" and these new GNR-influenced trash bands...
GNR influence many many bands lol. I think its unfair to generalize every modern influenced band as "trash"

html sucks
crossfire
Rocker

Broken glass and Cigarettes

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 10:38:41 AM »

Listen to Hinder's Song 'Homecoming Queen' and just you dare try and tell me it doesn't sound like Sweet Child O'Mine  Roll Eyes
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 10:38:59 AM »

Hinder vs. GN'R...

Well? It's obvious, is it not?
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 10:46:41 AM »

I know a lot of guys/gals may like what's on the radio and is considered "rock & roll"... Your Hinders, Nickelbacks, Linkin Parks, your Fall Out BOys and shit. But all these bands are just that... SHIT. ROCK has been dead to me for years... especially rock radio.

I think GN'R once again has the burden of resurrecting the spirit of rock & roll. And this bastard has the audacity to question Axl's art???

You're right it's too artsy. Beyond your reach. Hey Hinder guys... Nickelback has a new album out... go pick it up and break your necks.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2008, 10:47:56 AM »

I know a lot of guys/gals may like what's on the radio and is considered "rock & roll"... Your Hithers, Nickelbacks, Linkin Parks, your Fall Out BOys and shit. But all these bands are just that... SHIT. ROCK has been dead to me for years... especially rock radio.

I think GN'R once again has the burden of resurrecting the spirit of rock & roll. And this bastard has the audacity to question Axl's art???

You're right it's too artsy. Beyond your reach. Hey Hinder guys... Nickelback has a new album out... go pick it up and break your necks.

Good music is good music. If people could open their minds up and just listen without bias, they'd enjoy so much more music out there. I have everything from Slipknot to Gwen Stefani to Pyotr Tchaikovsky to Eminem on my iTunes. GUNS N ROSES, however, is up there on the top 10.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 10:50:55 AM »

dont need to worry about this nobody... who the hell is he?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2008, 10:51:48 AM »

Not that I like Hinder in any way... But is ANYONE qualified to question the Chinese Democracy Final Product?

Sure, there are a bunch.

But Hinder isn't one of them.

That's like New Kids on the Block criticizing Brian Wilson.

The thing is..those I find more reputable have all praised the album, so far.  I think they "get" what Axl was going for a little better.

For me, Hinder calling the album "too artsy" is more of an endorsement than a detraction.  Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Olorin
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2008, 10:56:09 AM »

They call Chinese Democracy "too artsy", and yet they are all sitting there dressed up in those new clothes in a desperately contrived attempt to look like they have some kind of naturally cool image.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2008, 10:58:29 AM »

Sure, there are a bunch.

The thing is..those I find more reputable have all praised the album, so far.  I think they "get" what Axl was going for a little better.

For me, Hinder calling the album "too artsy" is more of an endorsement than a detraction.  Smiley

Hinder is allowed to say anything they fucking want about the album.  Just like anyone here can say whatever they want about the album. And many of you agree it is too artsy and over produced but may just didn't want to say it.  I have said the album is great, inspite of lacking major balls and riffs.  And like Hinder says, Axl sounds awesome, its the other shit going on at times that does not.......  Jesus, unless someone is worshiping CD, you guys have major issues.  People hated Appetite and the UYI albums too.. Guess what, nobody remembers those people.  
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 10:59:29 AM »

They call Chinese Democracy "too artsy", and yet they are all sitting there dressed up in those new clothes in a desperately contrived attempt to look like they have some kind of naturally cool image.

Who cares what Hinder has to say?  Who the hell are they anyway?  Heard a couple of snippets of their stuff and they suck.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2008, 11:01:02 AM »

yeah... music equals art. but i guess that is a foreign concept for those punk-ass-weasels.

instead of criticizing, they should take a lesson or two.  beer

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2008, 11:06:36 AM »

Sure, there are a bunch.

Hinder is allowed to say anything they fucking want about the album.  Just like anyone here can say whatever they want about the album. And many of you agree it is too artsy and over produced but may just didn't want to say it.  I have said the album is great, inspite of lacking major balls and riffs.  And like Hinder says, Axl sounds awesome, its the other shit going on at times that does not.......  Jesus, unless someone is worshiping CD, you guys have major issues.  People hated Appetite and the UYI albums too.. Guess what, nobody remembers those people.  

They absolutely have every right to give their opinion.  And I have every right to lend credence to it, or not, based on how credible I find them.  If Mick Jagger came out and said he thought the album was shite, or Elton John did, or...hell...even Lars Ulrich did...I'd likely give them a listen.  I doubt it would change MY opinion of the album.  But I'd at least lend their perspective some credence.

Again, it's like New Kids on the Block bagging on Brian Wilson.  They can say it, but...would you take them seriously, all things considered? Hell, even if you agreed with them...I'm not sure their "endorsement" of your opinion adds anything to it's veracity/validity.

I don't find Hinder at all credible when critiquing the album.   I don't think their "resume" makes them qualified to critique it...or, rather, I don't think they're qualified enough to have their critique taken seriously by the masses.  You're perfectly within your rights to disagree with me, if you like.  They're entitled to their opinion, obviously, but.....what makes their perspective so unique that everyone should stand up and take notice?  

They can SAY whatever the fuck they want.  So can you.  So can everyone else.  But without something behind them to "back up" what they're saying..isnt' it all just noise?

I have no problems with people criticizing the album.  It's their opinion, and their entitled to it, whether I share it or not.  But, by the same token, I certainly am under no onus to internalize what they're saying, or to think it's credible....am I?

I made the same point you did, about there being bad reviews on appetite, in another thread.   That's rather the point.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 11:10:36 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2008, 11:15:40 AM »

Pilferk, I am just busting balls.... Ha! 

One point about Hinder is that unlike 99% of this board, they are a successful Recording act.  We may not like them, I don't, but they do what Axl does.  They make music for a living.  I don't, but would love to.  Also they are GNR fans.  I agree about your NKOTB mention, but 50% of the posters here are younger than Hinder....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtnf9EqijT0

The posted song was huge hit and girls loved it...... 
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2008, 11:20:12 AM »

and just when I was thinking I couldnt hate Hinder anymore than I already do....they FUCKING suck!! Hinder is GENERIC RADIO POP  NICKELBACK BULLSHIT....I hate them so much....They are such fucking posers.. They are pissed that "Chinese Democracy" doesnt sound like the brain dead cliche 80's re-hashed rock that they play...have fun touring with Motley Crue , who releases the same fucking album every few years which centers around beer, heroin and tits....wow how orignal....fuck them..don't get me wrong I like Motley Crue, but they do release the same generic shit year after year, which is fine when you have been around 30 years like they have...but what's Hinder's excuse?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 11:21:54 AM by Shadows7XXX » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: