Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:23:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone here who won't spoil it for themselves?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone here who won't spoil it for themselves?  (Read 5736 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 07:23:38 PM »

I'm gonna break down and listen tomorrow night.  Set up a little listening party.  I didn't think my friends would agree, but they did, so now I must go through with it.  It's been tough staying away though since midnight last night.  I did listen to the first 3 songs on the album, as I've already heard those 3 on the radio anyway.  And my cpu was too slow to close down myspace so I ended up hearing the first 20 seconds or so of Street Of Dreams.  I'm not counting that though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 07:25:36 PM »

I'm not listening until I have the real cd bought and at home.

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2008, 07:27:28 PM »

You guys know its the same songs on Myspace thats on the CD right?
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2008, 07:28:50 PM »

i'm holdin' out too. won't listen to it till sunday when i go and buy it. then i'm gonna chill out and listen to it all the way through.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
greenfrog03
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2008, 07:30:43 PM »

I hadnt listened to anything that I didn't hear on the radio.   I refused to listen to any leaks, or even anything on myspace.  Got my copy of CD today though, and am loving it. 

las vegas- 09/16/2006
gummyfish
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2008, 07:32:37 PM »

I preordered it and had it shipped to my best buy, and i'm refusing to listen to it online.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2008, 07:34:52 PM »

I was thinking the same thing, not to listen until I actually have the CD, but the I thought...Am I fucking mad?? (ignore my nickname:) ) Has the records companies anti-internet downloading propaganda got to us???

These are FINISHED SONGS, people !! Not demos, not live shit, they are 100% the finished article. So why wait?? Sure, it sounds better on a 5.1 speaker sistem, but they're still the same songs !

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
stone_temple_roses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2008, 07:44:33 PM »

Well, already heard CD on the radio and bits and pieces of Better (I have dial up internet, so thats why, and yeah it sucks.) Aside from that, never listened to the leaks and/demos, live stuff, etc. And I do not use myspace, therefore I am holding out until Sunday. I'm getting very anxious but its worth the wait because its something to look forward to. I will definately be spending the rest of that day listening to it, can't wait to see the physical product with the booklet and everything. It will be a special day, I will tell you that. By the way, Better is a GREAT song, even though I've only heard bits and pieces. I hate my internet.

~STR
Zartan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2008, 07:57:14 PM »

i too am holding out for Sunday--save C.D. and Better...

"They'd rather sit home and shoot heroin with their bitch wives than tour with us."   - Axl Rose
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2008, 08:25:34 PM »

but it's not the same ritual. There is still people out there who give importance to listening music the way it should be heard.

I need a physical album, I need to touch the booklet. I need to feel the emotion of inserting the CD in my audio system. I want to feel surprised in the proper conditions.

The waiting is fucking killing me, trust me, i'm desperate. But it will be worth.

Oh, and they are not the same. Compression, in audio terms, means ''lack of something''.

I want to hear the full, complete thing in my first time.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2008, 08:37:20 PM »

I haven't heard it yet...and reading all the comments/reviews hasn't made it any easier.  Smiley

I'm looking forward to Sunday. ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2008, 09:08:34 PM »

but it's not the same ritual. There is still people out there who give importance to listening music the way it should be heard.

I need a physical album, I need to touch the booklet. I need to feel the emotion of inserting the CD in my audio system. I want to feel surprised in the proper conditions.

The waiting is fucking killing me, trust me, i'm desperate. But it will be worth.

Oh, and they are not the same. Compression, in audio terms, means ''lack of something''.

I want to hear the full, complete thing in my first time.
this is how i feel, exactly!  beer

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2008, 11:59:45 PM »

I have been waiting to hear this cd since before I knew what the internet was and will be waiting to hear it until I buy it at the store. Part of it is that I have been thinking for years about what it will be like to walk into a store and pick the cd up off the shelf and don't want to spoil that experience by having already heard all the songs online. It will be a very strange experience buying the cd since it is something I have thought about for so long. Sunday will be a day I remember for a long time.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2008, 12:07:48 AM »

Guys, the album is on Myspace!  They WANT you to hear it now, join in!
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2008, 12:16:56 AM »

I think most of us have heard the leaks througout the years.

I have given in, but to have the actual album in my hands will still be just as sweet to me.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 12:32:06 AM »

I have already "ruined it" for myself due to the simple fact that if I hadn't, several others around me would have.

I am by far the biggest GN'R fan anyone who knows me knows, so any and everyone who has already downloaded the album have been blowing up my phone and email telling me all about it.

If not for that, I would've waited.

But still, that won't take away from the feeling I'll have when I have the CD in my hands when I walk out of Best Buy.  That one event has been so many years full of DEEP anticipation in the making and cannot be jaded in any way.

TempletonPeck
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2008, 02:24:22 AM »

I too had listened to the nine leaks (plus a demoish version of Catcher In The Rte), but went on Chinese Democracy sabbatical once the release date dropped.  I have been listening to bootleg concerts though, with some new songs in there...
Sunday cannot come soon enough.
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2008, 02:37:16 AM »

I listend to all of the demos during the last years, but this last few weeks i resisted. i didn't even listen to the demos anymore. so i'm really excited... just as i was before christmas, when i was a kid. Wink
just as i read about myspace, for a second i thought, 'it's official, i could listen to them.', but i gladly resisted.

now i'm off to my record shop. it's opening in less than an hour... finally... it was worth the wait...

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2008, 04:57:21 AM »

Tried too, but last night the missus went to bed early and I was all alone, could resist going to my space. Result, after 6 listens through head-phones right the way through it was 5 am before going to bed.... peace

Wow is all I can say, well worth the wait!

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2008, 05:18:35 AM »

I am holding out till I buy it - its tough as fuck though!  The reason is that the quality of sound on my laptop at home and pc at work are frankly shit and I want to hear it with the best possible sound that I can.  I've been on to the myspace page (with it muted) and been so close to listening to IRS or TWAT, but am trying to hang on for Monday! When I heard Chi Dem when it went to radio the other week it convinced me to hang on for the rest until I could put the vinyl on my record player on Monday - open the champagne and crank it...  I cant read any more reviews or info about the booklet either - soon it will be in my hands!

Will i break over the weekend...?? man oh man!  Planned a weekend full of GnR dvds and records to get me to Monday, whereupon I BUY CHINESE DEMOCRACY! (sorry, its still sinking in...)  beer
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: