Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:30:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin is Still in according to Richard
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin is Still in according to Richard  (Read 3837 times)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« on: November 20, 2008, 11:17:56 AM »

got this from mygnrforum.com checked it out and it's legit!

"I first saw this on Chinese DEmocracy.com and have not really seen it on other boards. It is the best interview by any band member.Richard doesnt hold any question back. He talks about who is in the band. He talks about touring,Slash, and Axl. Here is the link. http://www.kshe95.com/ You have to login. Which you have to be a member. (easy and free) After that... Go to the museum section then find Favazz Files, and their you go."
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 11:35:40 AM by MeanBone » Logged

Chinese Democracy!
The Illusionist
Headliner

Illusion

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 11:20:47 AM »

Can you put some brief points or things said by him in the interview?  I can't go to it at work...but very curious to what he had to say...what does he say about Slash??

<i>Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker</i>
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 11:23:56 AM »

Please provide valid US or Canada postal code.

can someone give me one hihi

nevermind, 90210 worked rofl
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 11:28:30 AM by CheapSloppy ChickenDoodle » Logged
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 11:24:59 AM »

i can't do that here at work... if Robin is in... i am one happy camper.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 11:25:46 AM »

again, from some random dude at mygnr

"Fortus worked with Brain, Freese, and Stinson previously. Flew to LA to audition all in one day while touring Europe in 2002. First time he met Axl, jammed and stayed up all night talking to him. A very loyal friend. Fortus is from St Louis, which is funny since they won't play in St Louis. Axl does not want to go to St Louis, and Axl wants nothing to do with SLPD. Fortus mentioned talking with Axl about a Free Tour of all the cities where GNR riots occured, as a way to make amends jokingly. He believes that Axl could get over that and play again in St Louis.

Strange question for October...interviewer asks Fortus about CD coming out at the beginning of the year....Fortus corrects him saying that it IS COMING out next month. The interviewer still wasn't sure about Best Buy or WalMart deal

FORTUS DOES SAY IT WILL ONLY BE AT BEST BUY FOR THE FIRST 6 MONTHS. He says November 25th is the release date

Favazz believed the album would be all industrial. Fortus said none of the leaks were final mixes, except for SR on RB2.

Fortus did not read Slash's book. He says no one in the band (Axl) liked the book tho, he heard. Favazz asks about the shows starting late, which is one reason why Slash left.

Fortus says it takes Axl "time" to go on-stage which is why they go on late at times. Fortus thinks part of it was on purpose to get the crowd in a frenzy.

Acception of the new members have been slow, but they are won over by show end. Mentioned as part of the crowd throwing things (Donnington).

Slash is never forgotten - a genius - amazing. Some fans have accepted the new band, and some hate it. Different sounding band, but a kick ass band.

members: Finck, Dizzy, Izzy occasionally, Tommy Stinson, Brain played on the record but Ferrer has been playing (former member with Fortus in Furs).

Fortus tells Favazz that he is talking to Axl about playing St Louis. He does confirm touring in 2009.

More talk about the Pale Devine reunion"

Chinese Democracy!
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 11:26:11 AM »

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

HUMOR = Negative Karma
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 11:26:54 AM »

USA postal code 90210 Beverly Hills Tongue

Chinese Democracy!
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 11:29:56 AM »

so that means no Brain...  Cry

after Josh Freese... he's my choice.

Oh well Frank did a kickass job anyways!!!  beer

HUMOR = Negative Karma
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 11:34:44 AM »

he didn't say brain was out, he just said he didn't do the last part of the tour cuz of his new baby and frank filled in.

Chinese Democracy!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 11:37:56 AM »

I hope Robin & Frank tour with GNR. Listened to this earlier today, good interview.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
duasoul
Opening Act

I'm a One-Man Idiot

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 11:43:22 AM »

Great interview on Richard's part. He seemed very open and genuine, which is always nice.

I really hope Robin's still in, but this interview is from last month, so who knows now.  Undecided

"Postpone not a good action." - Irish Proverb
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 11:53:16 AM »

But you mentioned that this interview was conducted in October.  Could it be that they still considered Robin on board then and things have changed recently?  Based on the Myspace page and BF's comments it would appear that Robin is no longer part of the touring band.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 01:46:01 PM »

But you mentioned that this interview was conducted in October.  Could it be that they still considered Robin on board then and things have changed recently?  Based on the Myspace page and BF's comments it would appear that Robin is no longer part of the touring band.

As many have said, let's wait for something official.  Ron confirmed what Del said months ago.  I don't think anyone in the GnR camp was thinking Robin would go tour with NIN, but perhaps the plan is to wait until the NIN tour ends before hitting the road in support of CD.  Ron was not quoted as saying Robin is out and I think the myspace update may just be a way to not confuse the casual fan.  It is hard to list a member as someone that many casual fans will have seen touring with NIN lately.  I still think there is a 50/50 or greater chance that when you hear the opening riff to Jungle live the next time it will be played by Robin Finck.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 01:48:45 PM »

As it currently stands, Robin is not currently in the band as much as I hate to admit it.
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 01:55:29 PM »

As it currently stands, Robin is not currently in the band as much as I hate to admit it.
[/quote]

I am not currently in the band either!

What matters is who is in the band when the curtain drops as they go out to tour behind this record. 

With the record now out there for consumption, I think it would be a real shame if either Robin or Buckethead is not there.  I would actually prefer to see Robin, since "Better" is my favorite and the solo in "This I Love" is just mind-melting, but I'll take Bucket.  Their contributions to making this record what it is are amazing.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 01:59:01 PM by 123191 » Logged

horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 01:56:05 PM »

wow im surprized axl read slash's book.thats really kool i think.it is a good book too.maybe axl doesn't have such hard feeling about slash anymore.

the one an only horsey !
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 02:02:10 PM »

wow im surprized axl read slash's book.thats really kool i think.it is a good book too.maybe axl doesn't have such hard feeling about slash anymore.

Read the comments again.  Axl didn't like it.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 02:06:48 PM »

yeah but he read it im still surprized.

the one an only horsey !
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 02:42:00 PM »

According to Baz, he is working on his own...since Axl/Slash have a Pro/Antagonist relationship in most everyones eyes, perhaps he wanted to see what the competition wrote, or be able to answer it in his book.

On topic, I wonder if Richard suffering from the 'afraid to comment' bug that BBF seemed to have around the same time...it is pretty clear that Robin was out, even in October, although not 'official'.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 02:53:42 PM »

On topic, I wonder if Richard suffering from the 'afraid to comment' bug that BBF seemed to have around the same time...it is pretty clear that Robin was out, even in October, although not 'official'.

Pretty clear?  Clear as mud.  Official is the only thing that matters as we see with words like "tentative" and "soon."

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: