Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 07:08:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I hung out with Bumblefoot Yesterday...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I hung out with Bumblefoot Yesterday...  (Read 5078 times)
Amari2677
Headliner

« on: November 20, 2008, 09:56:07 AM »

He was at the Artie Lange book signing at Bookends in Ridgewood, NJ.  I do not have any pictures, but do have video of him on my phone talking about Chinese Democracy.  I asked him a bunch of questions, all of which he was more than happy to answer.  He said Axl is an amazing person and the most talented singer/songwriter he has ever known.  I asked him about touring and he replied "Robin jumping back to Nine Inch Nails kind of through us all for a loop, but I think we will be touring BY THE SUMMER."  He said he did not realize that Axl was going to actually sing "Don't Cry" while he played the solo at a show in Japan and said playing a sold out MSG was a dream.  He was also interviewed by Howard TV (Howard Stern's on demand cable channel).  A really really cool guy.

I'm free of all the chains we held together...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 10:15:03 AM »

I'm really hoping for a tour in the US in the summer. I've never seen GNR in the summer.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 10:15:44 AM »

Now tha album seems to start off in a very promising fashion, none of the musicians associated to the project are going to diss axl are they ?

After all, should it be a success, they will all be glad to have some reckognition and money.

Nothing to say
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 10:16:41 AM »

And yes, ron is a very nice person.

If you read this RT, shalom and happy hanoukah. Cheesy

Nothing to say
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 10:19:42 AM »

Damn, I actually live in Ridgewood, NJ.  HA HA.  That is where I got Slash's autograph last year when he was signing his new book. 
w.david rose
Rocker

"I Believe In Israel"- W.AXL ROSE 13.06.06

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 10:20:29 AM »

shalom and happy hanuka from me too Cheesy

the most sick fan in the middle east
Amari2677
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 10:21:24 AM »

Damn, I actually live in Ridgewood, NJ.  HA HA.  That is where I got Slash's autograph last year when he was signing his new book. 

Since I knew someone related to the Stern show, I got to hang out in the group where Ron, Artie's crew, and High Pitch Eric were.

Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 10:37:11 AM »

Any chance you can upload that video to youtube or something? 

I guess this really cements the fact that Finck is OUT of GNR...Oh well, album is amazing, and Ron certainly has the skills to be lead guitarist of this band.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 10:45:09 AM »

if Finck is out why would they wait until the summer for the tour? seems to me they're waiting on Robin beer

Chinese Democracy!
Pine Barrens
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 10:47:22 AM »

if Finck is out why would they wait until the summer for the tour? seems to me they're waiting on Robin beer

That's how I took it as well.  ok
Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 10:49:31 AM »

That's how I took it as well.  ok

I guess I didn't get that until you guys just pointed it out, but hopefully that is the case!  I would hate to have another guitar player added...
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 10:57:23 AM »

Bring Bucket back!

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 11:08:33 AM »

Bring Bucket back!

This I'd love.

And there goes the challenger...
Amari2677
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 11:16:29 AM »

Got news for you all... Robin isn't coming back.  NIN (including Robin) is going to begin recording a new studio album while touring through the Winter/Spring. 

I'd take Bucket back.

The Illusionist
Headliner

Illusion

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 11:24:08 AM »

I think him patching things back up with Izzy might have been the reason he started singing "Don't Cry"...for I believe Izzy was the one who wrote the "original" version...

<i>Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker</i>
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 01:08:43 PM »

Got news for you all... Robin isn't coming back.  NIN (including Robin) is going to begin recording a new studio album while touring through the Winter/Spring. 

I'd take Bucket back.

Where did you get this from?  I am not sure what Trent is up to, but Ilan Rubin (the new drummer) is supposed to be doing an album and tour with his day job Lostprophets.  I personally think The Slip sucks and was disappointed that the shows NIN are playing haven't included more off The Fragile and The Downward Spiral.  He is focusing on material that I think has a lot less artistic merit than the classic NIN and is a darn sight less infectious as well.  I went to the show in Oakland and would have loved to have heard Ruiner, We're in This Together, etc.  I think that this will sort itself out in good time.  The summer is time enough for Robin to see that this is where he should be.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
dyd
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 04:02:35 PM »

we will be touring BY THE SUMMER

in U.S  Huh

because I fear that if the tour starts this summer in the U.S. that it is in Europe 2010  crying
Amari2677
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 07:54:49 PM »

Agreed - I wish NIN played some of the shit they played in Europe last year (We're In This Together, Last, Ruiner, Becoming, etc...), but this tour was amazing (I was fortunate enough to see 3 shows on this tour).

I know about the Robin thing because I did 8 shots of tequila with Josh Freese after the House of Blues show on 11/6 in Atlantic City.

I'd take Bucket back.

Where did you get this from?  I am not sure what Trent is up to, but Ilan Rubin (the new drummer) is supposed to be doing an album and tour with his day job Lostprophets.  I personally think The Slip sucks and was disappointed that the shows NIN are playing haven't included more off The Fragile and The Downward Spiral.  He is focusing on material that I think has a lot less artistic merit than the classic NIN and is a darn sight less infectious as well.  I went to the show in Oakland and would have loved to have heard Ruiner, We're in This Together, etc.  I think that this will sort itself out in good time.  The summer is time enough for Robin to see that this is where he should be.

axlroselegend
Headliner

Irish Gunner

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 09:53:39 PM »

Eveytime someone meets Ron, or everytime he posts something or gives an interview or makes a statement he comes across as a really cool guy
Great to have him in GNR
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 10:19:37 PM »

If bucket comes back,

Bucket , Richard and Ron
will make gnr one of the best touring guitar strong bands in the world today.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: