Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:29:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone else shed a little tear hearing this?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone else shed a little tear hearing this?  (Read 4482 times)
CoBrA2168
Headliner

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 11:30:06 PM »

no lol?

I just had alot of shivers moments!!!!
SAME! Hearing the final versions of If The World and Riad gave me shivers for like the first 10 listens! They don't anymore, but I think I'm done listening until Sunday, so they will be back when I hear them fresh in my car stereo!
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 11:31:42 PM »

It's so fucking awesome man. I can't believe it's finally here.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2008, 11:45:11 PM »

but its never been "Just Music" to me.

99% of the stuff on the radio is "Just Music"... this isn't.  The album is amazing, and the fact that there has been a wait of 17 years for it (1/5 of your entire life) already makes it a huge part of who you are.  Enjoy it, listen to it over-and-over because that's what it was made for.  There are plenty of people out there that don't "get" how important something like this can be... forget them!... and if this is only the beginning?  God help us.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 12:35:50 AM »

Sound corny? Maybe, but I've already been able to start healing from a lot of bad things that have happened over the last decade just by listening to this.

It is THAT powerful for me and I hope for everyone else.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
budmaster
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 12:51:22 AM »

I actually thought i would cry a little...

But the album made me smile,dance & in places i had to take a break as it was so shockingly amazing & unexpected.......Worth the wait, happy to see it finished.

So happy that Axl has got through to this point , he must be really pleased to read some of the comments.  ok
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 03:00:06 AM »

seems most people got emotional during 'This I Love' which, I will admit is a very heartfelt song, beautiful, and definitely my favorite.

But, as pathetic as it may be, I got misty-eyed during 'Scraped.' I've been kicked around all my life, always put down and always at a penalty for voicing my emotions, opinions, myself. As a result I have extreme social anxiety and not a drop of self-confidence. So when the song came on and the lyrics said...:

Some may convince you
No one can break through
I?m here to tell you
You?re worth more than they tell you

...yeah, I got misty-eyed. As pathetic as I may seem, as ridiculed as I may be for my choice of a favorite band, no one can tell me that Axl Rose doesn't "talk" to his fans. I'm not dense, I know he's singing about himself. But music is subjective and it's only as meaningful as what you take away from it. And what I take away from it is that whether knowingly or not, this middle aged man who doesn't even know of my existence is providing me with words to pick myself up with, and shit, that's worth more to me than any fucking press release ever will be.

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
reed2009
Headliner

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 03:18:54 AM »

every song got to me surreal

scraped
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 04:25:06 AM »

seems most people got emotional during 'This I Love' which, I will admit is a very heartfelt song, beautiful, and definitely my favorite.

But, as pathetic as it may be, I got misty-eyed during 'Scraped.' I've been kicked around all my life, always put down and always at a penalty for voicing my emotions, opinions, myself. As a result I have extreme social anxiety and not a drop of self-confidence. So when the song came on and the lyrics said...:

Some may convince you
No one can break through
I?m here to tell you
You?re worth more than they tell you

...yeah, I got misty-eyed. As pathetic as I may seem, as ridiculed as I may be for my choice of a favorite band, no one can tell me that Axl Rose doesn't "talk" to his fans. I'm not dense, I know he's singing about himself. But music is subjective and it's only as meaningful as what you take away from it. And what I take away from it is that whether knowingly or not, this middle aged man who doesn't even know of my existence is providing me with words to pick myself up with, and shit, that's worth more to me than any fucking press release ever will be.

Awesome and thanks for sharing. Those lyrics are great... and yeah he's singing about himself no doubt... but it should be cool for you to know that it seems like he's got a pretty good idea of what you're going through too. Take those lyrics to heart! ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 04:46:57 AM »

Got an advanced copy from a friend who knows a supplier and have been listening to the album repeatedly in the car...up quite loud!! Have to say there has been many moments of different emotion bursting out of me listening to the album. I did have a slightly overwhelming feeling while listening to 'This I Love'. I think alot of it is to do with the fact that I'm listening to the album I waited for all these years. And it's quite emotional to hear Axl's screams again

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: